Smith Springs, David Lawrence Covenant Presbyterian Church

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 21st, 2009, 3:54 pm #21

I was surprised to learn some time ago that David Gaylor was the preacher at Vultee: I wondered whether his old Calvinism had been purged or whether Vultee is sympathetic.

I asked because of a question I received about who was trying to alert them: I know David Gaylor's name has been raised many times by the ex Smithers and I don't know anything about his views or about Vultee. David Lawrence's name was also brought up and I pointed him to my review's of David Lawrence's confusing over Calvinism and everything the Church of Christ believes. Otherwise, I have not contacted Vultee.

If no one knows anything then forget it: I still reserve the right to ask questions.
Why the shock? The Churches of Christ entire interpretative principles - Silence is authoritative and CENI - was created by Calvin from his Regulative Principle.

February 22nd, 2009, 3:37 am #22

"The "objective moderator" by approving certain posts that would normally be redirected to the "Viper's Den"? "

I guess that is why Ken's posts keep ending up here instead of there.
Do you know where the Viper's Den is? There's a warning: "Enter at your own risk!!!"

C. B.
C. B.

July 8th, 2009, 2:50 am #23

No doubt, a few members of the diminishing Calvinists clique out there will be celebrating John Calvin's birthday this week.
Quite interesting, considering how Calvin was so against celebrating, or as he called it "merriment."
He helped purge his morose Geneva of games, festivities, or anything deemed "idleness" (which probably even included a
Sabbath rest). And since no one really knew who was or wasn't "chosen" (like he assumed he was) it was best to err on
the side of caution by demanding that everyone adapt to his standards and to act like they might be chosen too.
This, then is what the Reformed group has the audacity to call "assurance."

So all of you hedonistic UNO players, athletes, and celebrants, take heed. As one person has observed, "If Jesus had been a
Calvinist his first miracle would have probably been to turn the water into BRINE!"
If "Debbie Downer" is religious you can bet she's a Reformed Calvinist.
Just observe for yourselves the general temperment of most Calvinists that you've had contact with; are they usually not the
gloom & doom, "the glass is half-empty" types?
Doesn't it seem that they are only REALLY comfortable when they're in a setting where they're discussing or defending the
old creed? For many of them it's Calvin's INTERPRETATION of scripture that has replaced a study of the scriptures themselves.
And once you're under that spell there's often no going back.

P.N.
P.N.

July 21st, 2009, 4:11 pm #24

As Lawrence, et al continue their Engedi minsitry calvinism distortions the Great Commission gets reduced to the Great Omission - if you aren't chosen like them you just get omitted by their control-freak Grace God.
You love Him only if he makes you love him.
Doesn't this defy the very foundational concept of what we all understand as LOVE?

The news is good, but only if you're like them.
How is this not akin to the old "We're the only ones going to heaven"
line? I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

EVIDENCE
EVIDENCE

December 11th, 2009, 5:43 pm #25

Check out the current ENGEDI MINISTRIES
on line web link and you'll see the preacher Tim Alexander as the teacher for their classes starting in January.
Also don't miss the CALVINISM wirte-up and how they say it's one of the best
Systems of theology.
They warned us that it was that.; thanks
Concerned Members.

R.G.
R.G.

December 21st, 2009, 3:58 pm #26

Well now that the leaders of the Engedi Ministries,
all members in good standing at this church, have stated
plainly on their CALVINISM thread that they are proud to be part of some resurgence of Calvinism, which they call
'simply the Gospel', let's see how this pans out in real-life. JOY TO THE WORLD has this line: "let every heart prepare Him room". By reading between the lines what a Calvinist hears is 'every chosen heart will have Him forced upon their feeble wills.' And John 3:16 becomes:
"For God so love the chosen - like us - of the world, that whosoever is forced to believe in Him should not perish - like the ones God doesn't choose, but gets some strange 'pleasure' by shipping them off to hell- but have everlasting life.": Good news?

c.ketterling
c.ketterling

December 22nd, 2009, 11:20 pm #27

just got home and found an interesting item from a
relative who's trying to ride this thing out at s.s.

it seems that every single adult class as well as the
pulpit are now being taught by calvinists men now
affiliated with this engedi ministries thing.

can it get much more skewed than that?
gonna be a long ride.
b.b.baxter would be rolling over in his grave.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

December 23rd, 2009, 1:44 am #28

Well now that the leaders of the Engedi Ministries,
all members in good standing at this church, have stated
plainly on their CALVINISM thread that they are proud to be part of some resurgence of Calvinism, which they call
'simply the Gospel', let's see how this pans out in real-life. JOY TO THE WORLD has this line: "let every heart prepare Him room". By reading between the lines what a Calvinist hears is 'every chosen heart will have Him forced upon their feeble wills.' And John 3:16 becomes:
"For God so love the chosen - like us - of the world, that whosoever is forced to believe in Him should not perish - like the ones God doesn't choose, but gets some strange 'pleasure' by shipping them off to hell- but have everlasting life.": Good news?
Romans is a favorite book for the exclusivists who SOMEHOW know that they are predestinated to heaven and not hell.

One of the marks seems to be Baptism as a SEAL so how could you be sealed if you keep calling Christ in prophecy, in practice, in command and all recorded history liars.

I have lumped the whole book of Romans on one page: I will begin anticipating Timmy pretty fast. First, I need to format the verses in my "predestinated" way which confuses some but seems to develop the syllogism (that which they did in ekklesia and synagogue) with a conclusion.

http://www.piney.com/Tim.Alexander.Romans.html

I will try not to let this one get away from me and use lots of links to some of the Engedi's simplistic reading of the New Testament but never looking where Paul points in Romans 9-11 where he pauses and denies that the JEWS were predestinated. He used their failure of falling into musical idolatry at Mount Sinai as their becoming CASTAWAYS and abandoned to worship the starry host. He uses the same failure in 1 Corinthians 10. In 2 Corinthians 3 Paul told the Corinthian Jews that they would not be able to read their Old Testament until they turned, were converted which has the same meaning as baptism.

Romans 3 and 4 is where they fail to look to the examples of justification (does not mean salvation) by Faith only.

Feed me any suggestions you wish and use some fictitious e-mail since there seems to be some fear of the Goat People. I suppose that if they will twist the church house of widows away from them they might be dangerous and assuredly marked as NOT predestinated to where THEY think they are bound.

Ken Sublett

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 20th, 2010, 8:58 pm #29

just got home and found an interesting item from a
relative who's trying to ride this thing out at s.s.

it seems that every single adult class as well as the
pulpit are now being taught by calvinists men now
affiliated with this engedi ministries thing.

can it get much more skewed than that?
gonna be a long ride.
b.b.baxter would be rolling over in his grave.
I did not want to wait in hopes of a change in leadership. I'm glad I left because I would have been waiting a long time. There are some really nice folks there that I miss.

B.W.
B.W.

October 21st, 2010, 9:46 pm #30

Romans is a favorite book for the exclusivists who SOMEHOW know that they are predestinated to heaven and not hell.

One of the marks seems to be Baptism as a SEAL so how could you be sealed if you keep calling Christ in prophecy, in practice, in command and all recorded history liars.

I have lumped the whole book of Romans on one page: I will begin anticipating Timmy pretty fast. First, I need to format the verses in my "predestinated" way which confuses some but seems to develop the syllogism (that which they did in ekklesia and synagogue) with a conclusion.

http://www.piney.com/Tim.Alexander.Romans.html

I will try not to let this one get away from me and use lots of links to some of the Engedi's simplistic reading of the New Testament but never looking where Paul points in Romans 9-11 where he pauses and denies that the JEWS were predestinated. He used their failure of falling into musical idolatry at Mount Sinai as their becoming CASTAWAYS and abandoned to worship the starry host. He uses the same failure in 1 Corinthians 10. In 2 Corinthians 3 Paul told the Corinthian Jews that they would not be able to read their Old Testament until they turned, were converted which has the same meaning as baptism.

Romans 3 and 4 is where they fail to look to the examples of justification (does not mean salvation) by Faith only.

Feed me any suggestions you wish and use some fictitious e-mail since there seems to be some fear of the Goat People. I suppose that if they will twist the church house of widows away from them they might be dangerous and assuredly marked as NOT predestinated to where THEY think they are bound.

Ken Sublett
We were warned YEARS ago, at this very site, about Lawrence's hardcore Calvinist stance and now it can be seen for what it truly is. In his current series of Devotionals (???) his topic is
THE TULIP IS A LOVELY FLOWER.

Enough said?
(9.27.2010) "Most of our readers would know that in the English languate the word tulip is an acronym for the distinctives of the Reformed faith to which we at Engedi are committed."
...(Tulip) refers to a lovely truth which blesses the lives of those who embrace it. I say 'it' because the doctrines must be taken together to be seen as a whole...these doctrines require constant care in explication, defense, and faithful and patient preaching."
(Could it be that way because they can't stand on their own merit?)

In his following Devotional he specifically lays out the TULIP acronym's meanings,(for about the hundreth time; is it a coincidence that it is a 5 Step plan, also?) as well as a lengthy history of John Calvin himself. (insert multiple Yawns, as needed; are we worshipping Jesus or this John C. guy, already?)

The good news? After a short-lived burst periods, this cancerous doctrine, just like the tulip flower, goes into LONG, uninspiring seasons of dormancy and unfruitfulness. This doctrine, even coming from a tiny Church of Christ thinktank, is just another brief belch in its history;
same old same old.

The more things change the more they've stayed the same.
And where does this man attend church regularly?
That's why you found this information on this thread.
Come on, just find you a wilting Presbyterian church and be done with it.