Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

February 11th, 2009, 7:31 pm #11

What do you know about the rumblings over there?

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 19th, 2009, 10:04 pm #12

Which has............what............to do with Smith Springs???????

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 20th, 2009, 2:15 pm #13

Ken is just trying to stir up more division with his deceptive confusions

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 20th, 2009, 5:24 pm #14

2 very ironic things seem to have happened.
For years Engedi's calvinists have been erroneously advancing their 5 point plan as being deep. How ironic that the preacher of their preference wasn't even a Bible major at Harding, and now his sole Bible degree is from a university (Vanderbilt) where the majority of the Bible faculty don't even believe in the absolute inspiration of the scriptures! How is that in any way deep? Their theories are different, but not deep, once you realize that they are just the old tired misleading dogma, or as the calvinist- Baptist phrase it, "Primitive". Indeed!

Irony #2 that is emerging relates to pastor Tim's current campaign to call attention to child abuse in the church. This is the very reason many removed their teens (and their families) from that assembly!
Many considered the clandestine classes that Jason Charlton had with teens in his home to be a type of spiritual abuse, or at least a gross misuse of power. Bro. Jason even had the audacity to ask the eldership to help pay for courses that he took at some on-line calvinist college. After he was denied the aid he proceeded to take the courses anyway and would use the outlines of those courses to help serve as the topics & outlines of some classes that he would teach to select teens in his home. Even some men, who are still in leadership positions, refused to allow their own teens to attend those classes, as well as many of the classes that Lawrence taught. What does that tell you?

And if J.L. still questions the close affiliation with your church and Engedi, just go on the Sm.Sp. web
sight and you'll notice only ONE current entry under "Links." Yes, it's Engedi (at least until they read this and correct it!). And check out the "Links" page on Engedi and you'll notice that nearly ALL are to similiar calvinists-based sites. Don't dare to look for "21st Century Christian" or "ACU" or anything related to our fellowship. It's simply horribly unbalanced, j.l.
THIS JUST IN.............

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WIRE SERVICES...........

There is recently uncovered evidence that dispite the widely held belief the Apostle Paul did in fact not graduate from Freed Hardiman University. There is also increasing speculation that he also did not preach from the King James Version............More tonight at 10............

February 20th, 2009, 6:24 pm #15

There is recently uncovered evidence that Annie Mouse is withholding very significant information from us.

Annie, what do you know about the rumblings over there?

Annie Mouse
Annie Mouse

February 20th, 2009, 7:27 pm #16

Maybe someone could look up Vultee and see who is preacher person.

I have heard that he is stirring some people.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 20th, 2009, 7:43 pm #17

There is recently uncovered evidence that Annie Mouse is withholding very significant information from us.

Annie, what do you know about the rumblings over there?
Donnie,

Are you speaking as the objective moderator, or have you shed that role for this post?

February 20th, 2009, 9:52 pm #18

An excellent two-role question!!!

• The "objective moderator" by approving certain posts that would normally be redirected to the "Viper's Den"?

</li>
  • Posting? "The half has never yet been told." [Just wait patiently.]</li>

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 21st, 2009, 1:31 am #19

I was surprised to learn some time ago that David Gaylor was the preacher at Vultee: I wondered whether his old Calvinism had been purged or whether Vultee is sympathetic.

I asked because of a question I received about who was trying to alert them: I know David Gaylor's name has been raised many times by the ex Smithers and I don't know anything about his views or about Vultee. David Lawrence's name was also brought up and I pointed him to my review's of David Lawrence's confusing over Calvinism and everything the Church of Christ believes. Otherwise, I have not contacted Vultee.

If no one knows anything then forget it: I still reserve the right to ask questions.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 21st, 2009, 3:05 am #20

An excellent two-role question!!!

• The "objective moderator" by approving certain posts that would normally be redirected to the "Viper's Den"?

</li>
  • Posting? "The half has never yet been told." [Just wait patiently.]</li>
"The "objective moderator" by approving certain posts that would normally be redirected to the "Viper's Den"? "

I guess that is why Ken's posts keep ending up here instead of there.