October 16th, 2003, 2:44 pm #1

Extracted From An Article In The Plumline May 2003

A man said to me, "You need to become a Mason."
I asked him why I needed to be a Mason. He replied
that I could do so much good. I responded that "I try
to do a lot of good as a Christian.
What more good could I do as a Mason that I could
not do as a Christian?" I asked him why the
Masonic order claimed to be so secretive.
He did not know. I replied that the secret matters
might be such as to forbid me, as a Christian from
joining the Masons.

My final point was exactly how I felt after
reading many of the materials and after observing the
Masons. I very carefully stated that what I had learned
about the Masonic order caused me to think that the
affair was something that little children would like to
utilize as one of their secret games. I have no
interest whatsoever in belonging to anything that smacks of secret matters.

I suspect the above answer will result in some
gnashing of teeth against me, but like Paul, "when
I became a man, I put away childish things" (I Cor. 13:11).
Am I your enemy because I tell you the truth?

Do not send me questions of a legitimate nature if you
do not want me to attempt answers.

Wayne Coats
May 2003 Plumbline

The Plumbline is published monthly with a subscription price
of $5 per year. Send subscriptions to:
Wayne Coats, 705 Hillview, Mt. Juliet, TN. 37122

Study link about Masons in the church;
http://www.ephesians5-11.org/
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on January 10th, 2004, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

October 25th, 2003, 3:02 am #2

Here's an incident that took place some years ago in Nashville regarding Masonry. One of my father's friends was a Mason and a member of a local church of Christ. On one Sunday, this man's minister preached against Masonry. After the service, as the man exited the church, the minister, aware of the man's Masonic ties, smirked and asked him what he thought of the sermon. The man calmly replied with two questions: "Are you a Mason?" The minister was not. "Have you ever been in a Masonic lodge?" The minister had not. "Then you don't know what you're talking about," concluded the man.

David Keys
David Keys

October 31st, 2003, 4:08 pm #3

Masonry is of Satan period.

It tells men there are many way to God.
It requires oaths to a deity, that is not the Christ.

It requires members to pledge for "Masonry to take them out of darkness into the light of Masonry.

Any Christian must repent of the satanic lock of Masonry and renounce their membership.

If a person thinks Masonry and Christianity are compatible they dont know the inner working of Masonry.

Joe Mcknight
Joe Mcknight

November 14th, 2003, 3:04 pm #4

Extracted From An Article In The Plumline May 2003

A man said to me, "You need to become a Mason."
I asked him why I needed to be a Mason. He replied
that I could do so much good. I responded that "I try
to do a lot of good as a Christian.
What more good could I do as a Mason that I could
not do as a Christian?" I asked him why the
Masonic order claimed to be so secretive.
He did not know. I replied that the secret matters
might be such as to forbid me, as a Christian from
joining the Masons.

My final point was exactly how I felt after
reading many of the materials and after observing the
Masons. I very carefully stated that what I had learned
about the Masonic order caused me to think that the
affair was something that little children would like to
utilize as one of their secret games. I have no
interest whatsoever in belonging to anything that smacks of secret matters.

I suspect the above answer will result in some
gnashing of teeth against me, but like Paul, "when
I became a man, I put away childish things" (I Cor. 13:11).
Am I your enemy because I tell you the truth?

Do not send me questions of a legitimate nature if you
do not want me to attempt answers.

Wayne Coats
May 2003 Plumbline

The Plumbline is published monthly with a subscription price
of $5 per year. Send subscriptions to:
Wayne Coats, 705 Hillview, Mt. Juliet, TN. 37122

Study link about Masons in the church;
http://www.ephesians5-11.org/
That is like asking should a dog become a cat? Your either a Christian (a follower of Christ) or a Mason (a follower of Satan). you can't follow two Masters. You do not have to become a Mason to know Masonary, there are plenty people that where Masons that woke up and got out. Study their stories.

To God be the Glory
Joe McKnight

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

November 18th, 2003, 6:16 pm #5

The messages so far that condemn Masonry come from those who apparently have never been Masons and apparently have no intimate, first-hand knowledge of that fraternal order; otherwise, they would have said so. Therefore, we must assume that their ideas about Masonry are based on either gossip, uninformed traditional views, or so-called questionable exposes written by rogues who left the order and broke their vows of silence.

So it's time for some authoritative testimony. I challenge former Masons to step forward and declare first-hand what there is about Masonry that bucks Christianity. Likewise, I challenge active Masons to step forward and openly deny that their order has any Satanic ties.

I'm not a Mason, so I can't deliver any legitimate opinion. I just want to know the FACTS. Continued verbage of "Masonry is evil" just won't cut it any more. Show some proof, one way or the other.

November 18th, 2003, 6:59 pm #6

Listen to this intriguing interview with a high level Mason who will try to justify the Mason position..

Dr. Walter Martin, author of "Kingdom of the Cults"

Exposes the occultic symbols and secret rituals of the lodge.

Dialogue on Freemasonry - Side 1
http://www.waltermartin.org/audio/totm/gm002.ram

Dialogue on Freemasonry - Side 2
http://www.waltermartin.org/audio/totm/gm002b.ram

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

November 21st, 2003, 3:26 pm #7

The interview of Dr. Walter Martin with former Mason Luther Mize provides disturbing infomation. Martin refers to "Duncan's Ritual of Freemasonry," which definitely exists. However, he also quotes from a book supposedly written by Albert Pike called "Encyclopedia of Masonry." While Pike wrote numerous books on Masonry, all of which are listed in the Library of Congress, I cannot find this particular title there. Since the material allegedly extracted from Pike is especially damning, I'd like to know specifically from which of Pike's sources Martin got this material.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

November 21st, 2003, 8:47 pm #8

When you’re retired like I am, you usually have some time to spend on rather worthless pursuits. So I not only listened to the audio clip of Dr. Walter Martin (1928-1989) interviewing York Rite Mason and Shriner Luther Mize, but I also made a complete transcript of the clip to study.

Dr. Martin initially leads us to believe that he is interviewing an active Mason who at the same time is a Christian, and that Mize will attempt to defend Masonry in the light of Christianity. Martin presents much troubling information that supposedly links Masonry with the occult, which he allegedly has gathered from books published about Masonry. Yet Mize claims that he has never heard of such material and claims that such material is never taught in Masonry. Mize stumbles over his answers, gives the impression that he is rather biblically illiterate, and states that he would never accept such allegations as true without checking out the sources. Then as a surprise at the end, Martin turns the program over to Mize, who then confesses that in reality he is no longer an active Mason but one who has renounced Masonry after having spent some time studying the Scriptures. He then pleads for other Masons to do the same.

If this interview took place all in one session, there’s an element of deception here. In fact, it smells of a completely staged event. At first, Mize defends his position as a bona fide Mason and Christian, then suddenly at the end, he’s “seen the light” and is reformed. If this is on the level, however, Mize would have needed considerable time to study the Scriptures, then he would have returned at a later date after his reform. But the interview doesn’t state this; it leads us to believe that it has all transpired in one session, which somehow doesn’t quite wash.

Martin only presents one source that can be readily accounted for, “Duncan’s Ritual of Freemasonry.” The bulk of his quotes about Masonry and the occult, however, allegedly come from “Encyclopedia of Masonry” by Albert Pike. While Pike did indeed write much on Masonry, this title as Martin gives it does not exist. Either Martin is mistaken about his reference here, or he’s trying to deceive us.

I’m not a Mason, but I’ve had various members of my family tree who were, so I have some acquaintance about the order. First of all, Masonry is strictly a fraternal organization that promotes morality and doing good for humanity. It is no more a religion any more than the Lion, Moose, Elk, Civitan, Rotary (all of whom serve their communities) or any of the other service clubs are religions. Men of different faiths may be Masons, just as people of different faiths may join other service clubs. Yet no one is attacking these latter clubs. Next, no legitimate Masons would EVER publish written material about their rituals, because these are private and not open to outsiders. Those Masons who write about Masonic rituals betray their order and should be suspected as rogues and traitors, and anything that they write should be taken with many grains of salt. In short, such writings should only be considered as sources of hype and slander, not the truth.

By the way, Martin’s book, “Kingdom of the Cults,” does not discuss Masonry.

Regarding the taking of oaths (the clip makes much ado about them), those who are bothered about taking them simply should not join any organization that requires them. By the way, are doctors such as myself children of Satan for taking the Hippocratic oath? In ancient Greece, the new doctor swore by the Greek gods Asklepieus and Apollo "and all the other gods and goddesses." Today, the oath has been modernized to eliminate the names of any gods. Yet it is still an oath. Consider that the next time you find yourself in an emergency room or a surgical suite in desperate need of a doctor who has sworn an oath to "above all, do no harm."

David Rhoades
David Rhoades

November 21st, 2003, 10:27 pm #9

Dear Dr. Crump;

It's nice to see someone seek out the truth, using discernment.

The interview presented here was simply a quick resource, and not meant to substitute for more thorough research.

I think you will find that the "encyclopedia" you refer to was written by Mackey and not Pike.

I have researched this subject matter, and would not have presented it if I did not believe it to be true.

Keep in mind that only Masons that reach the 33 degree or so ever find out what's really going on. Most Masons think they belong to an innocent little club.

It's just like Mormon's beliefs are that Jesus is the brother of Lucifer.
Most Mormons don't find that out until years later when attending the Temple Ceremony, which most Mormons never
are allowed to attend.

When you substitute study for self perceived beliefs,
that's when a review runs into trouble.

The Presbyterians were so concerned several years ago about the Masons being a religion, that they did a ratrher extensive study, which culminated in a letter to their churches stating that Masons
were a religion.

We don't really know why Dr. Martins interview was presented in the format that it was. However, there is a world of information out there on this subject. Dr. Martin only touches a tip of it.

I think Dr. Marin did a decent job in presenting the fact of the occultic nature and relationship in the Masons.

I am not an authority, and would encourage anyone concerned to do their own research, which is not that difficult. Just go to "Google".

Thanks
David

The Freemasonry Connection With The New World Order
http://www.cuttingedge.org/fmcorner.html
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on November 24th, 2003, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Palmer
Jim Palmer

November 21st, 2003, 10:41 pm #10

When you’re retired like I am, you usually have some time to spend on rather worthless pursuits. So I not only listened to the audio clip of Dr. Walter Martin (1928-1989) interviewing York Rite Mason and Shriner Luther Mize, but I also made a complete transcript of the clip to study.

Dr. Martin initially leads us to believe that he is interviewing an active Mason who at the same time is a Christian, and that Mize will attempt to defend Masonry in the light of Christianity. Martin presents much troubling information that supposedly links Masonry with the occult, which he allegedly has gathered from books published about Masonry. Yet Mize claims that he has never heard of such material and claims that such material is never taught in Masonry. Mize stumbles over his answers, gives the impression that he is rather biblically illiterate, and states that he would never accept such allegations as true without checking out the sources. Then as a surprise at the end, Martin turns the program over to Mize, who then confesses that in reality he is no longer an active Mason but one who has renounced Masonry after having spent some time studying the Scriptures. He then pleads for other Masons to do the same.

If this interview took place all in one session, there’s an element of deception here. In fact, it smells of a completely staged event. At first, Mize defends his position as a bona fide Mason and Christian, then suddenly at the end, he’s “seen the light” and is reformed. If this is on the level, however, Mize would have needed considerable time to study the Scriptures, then he would have returned at a later date after his reform. But the interview doesn’t state this; it leads us to believe that it has all transpired in one session, which somehow doesn’t quite wash.

Martin only presents one source that can be readily accounted for, “Duncan’s Ritual of Freemasonry.” The bulk of his quotes about Masonry and the occult, however, allegedly come from “Encyclopedia of Masonry” by Albert Pike. While Pike did indeed write much on Masonry, this title as Martin gives it does not exist. Either Martin is mistaken about his reference here, or he’s trying to deceive us.

I’m not a Mason, but I’ve had various members of my family tree who were, so I have some acquaintance about the order. First of all, Masonry is strictly a fraternal organization that promotes morality and doing good for humanity. It is no more a religion any more than the Lion, Moose, Elk, Civitan, Rotary (all of whom serve their communities) or any of the other service clubs are religions. Men of different faiths may be Masons, just as people of different faiths may join other service clubs. Yet no one is attacking these latter clubs. Next, no legitimate Masons would EVER publish written material about their rituals, because these are private and not open to outsiders. Those Masons who write about Masonic rituals betray their order and should be suspected as rogues and traitors, and anything that they write should be taken with many grains of salt. In short, such writings should only be considered as sources of hype and slander, not the truth.

By the way, Martin’s book, “Kingdom of the Cults,” does not discuss Masonry.

Regarding the taking of oaths (the clip makes much ado about them), those who are bothered about taking them simply should not join any organization that requires them. By the way, are doctors such as myself children of Satan for taking the Hippocratic oath? In ancient Greece, the new doctor swore by the Greek gods Asklepieus and Apollo "and all the other gods and goddesses." Today, the oath has been modernized to eliminate the names of any gods. Yet it is still an oath. Consider that the next time you find yourself in an emergency room or a surgical suite in desperate need of a doctor who has sworn an oath to "above all, do no harm."

Doctor Crump,
You can find more about Masonry, its errors and false doctrines in these following sources, available from Hiram's.
These were referenced in a booklet I have called McClung's Lectures. Claud McClung has several quotes from one of thses two encyclopedias.
Following these sources is the oath no Christian could ever utter.

Mackey's Manual of the Lodge.

An Encyclopedia of Freemasonry and Its Kindred Sciences - 2vol., Mackey – 1924

You need not look far to see the pollution of Freemasonry and you can smell the stench of its Sungod sacrifices.
Read and be wise.

Albert G. Mackey's Revised Encyclopedia of Freemasonry - 2vol. – 1929

“Mackey's Masonic Jurisprudence, page 95: "The truth is, that Masonry is undoubtedly a religious institution." Mackey's Encyclopedia, page 648: "Masonry is in every sense of the word--and that its least philosophical--an eminently religious institution ... that it is indebted solely to the religious element which it contains for its origin, and for its continued existency (sic), and that without this religious element it would scarcely be worthy of cultivation by the wise and good."

Oath of the Entered Apprentice Degree:
I, _______________, of my own free will and accord, in the presence of Almighty God and this Worshipful Lodge, erected to Him and dedicated to the Holy Saints John, do hereby and hereon most solemnly and sincerely promise and swear:
1. That I will always hail, ever conceal and never reveal any of the secret arts, parts or points of the hidden mysteries of ancient Freemasonry, which have been heretofore, may at this time or shall at any future period be communicated to me as such, to any person or persons whomsoever, except it be to a true and lawful brother Mason, or within a regularly constituted lodge of Masons; and neither unto him nor them until by strict trial, due examination or legal information, I shall have found him or them as lawfully entitled to the same as I am myself.
2. I furthermore solemnly promise and swear that I will not write, print, paint, stamp, cut, carve, mark or engrave them, or cause the same to be done, upon anything movable or immovable capable of receiving the least impression or a word, syllable, letter or character, whereby the same may become legible or intelligible to myself or to any person under the whole canopy of heaven, and the secrets of Freemasonry be thereby unlawfully obtained through my unworthiness.
3. To all this I most solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, with a firm and steadfast resolution to keep and perform the same, without any equivocation, mental reservation, or secret evasion of mind whatever. BINDING MYSELF UNDER NO LESS A PENALTY THAN THAT OF HAVING MY THROAT CUT ACROSS, MY TONGUE TORN OUT BY ITS ROOTS, AND BURIED IN THE ROUGH SANDS OF THE SEA AT LOW-WATER MARK, WHERE THE TIDE EBBS AND FLOWS TWICE IN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS, should I ever knowingly or willingly violate this my solemn oath and obligation as an Entered Apprentice Mason. So help me God and keep me steadfast in the due performance of the same. [Emphasis added]