Shofar Instead of Piano

Your ole Pal
Your ole Pal

January 11th, 2010, 8:51 pm #1

Since Ken Sublett mentioned it, can we use that shofar (horn) of his to accompany the voice during the Sunday morning worship hour?
It sounds like it may be better than a sackbut.

Jimmy Wren
Jimmy Wren

January 15th, 2010, 8:32 pm #2

I tried it at home but I just cannot blow the Shofar and speak at the same time!

Since one cannot have someone else sing for them; one cannot have someone else to blow for them.

(personal note) I have misssed your messages since we no longer post at Faithsites. I hope you are doing well.

In Christ,
Jimmy

Jimmy Wren
Jimmy Wren

January 16th, 2010, 2:49 am #3

Since Ken Sublett mentioned it, can we use that shofar (horn) of his to accompany the voice during the Sunday morning worship hour?
Servant writes:

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

February 22nd, 2010, 10:44 pm #4

Brian Mashburn: Months ago, when I started this post before storing it away in my drafts, I had received a catalog in the mail from the bookstore of a Christian college associated with the Church of Christ. I opened it looking to see if they offered a Greek language study workbook that they used to carry years ago. My heart both flared up defensively and started weeping with compassion as I read titles of books that,

instead of fixing people's eyes on Jesus, were fixing people's eyes on the historical and contemporary church. I wish I still had it now to list more, but one of the titles I remember was called What about Instrumental Music in Worship?
Shew. Im getting to the point where I dont have the energy to answer that question any more. I want to just respond, What about it? My friend who is strung out on prescription drugs and checked into rehab isnt going to be healed by how he worships on Sunday.

http://www.piney.com/Brian.Mashburn.Discipleship.html

From paganism 101a it is a fact that most RELIGIOUS ILLNESS is created by musical and body worship which dissociates the mind. Not even in Classical literature are people so uninformed that they even permitted certain people to attend the pagan religious. For instance, in Amos and Isaiah attending the religious festivals DEPRIVED people of the Word of God so that they were sent into captivity and death and God said "I will not pass by here again."

No culture is so ancient or pagan that they did not know that those called sorcerers (Revelation 18) used rhetorical styles of speaking, singing and making magical sounds with instruments. The laded burden Jesus died to pry off our backs was the use of singing styles (burdens) which created spiritual anxiety through religious ritual. The story of Jubal, Jabal, Tubal-Cain [who handled instruments without authority] identifies the EVIL LAMECH thread in the history of all nations. Because of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai and their being condemned to return to their place of origin, Moses warned the people by endorsing the eternal Babylonian accounts. Music enduces a drug high by creating endorphins much like the runner's "high." This drug overdose is most addictive and forces people to live with musical sounds 24/7. This is why so many people are in rehab. Musicians are especially at risk because they are not able to survive without the constant self-manipulation.

You may want to see how modern pseudo- worship deliberately induces a drug high to keep you coming for more and more. This produces a hard-wired change to the brain and you are hooked forever. The young preachers and those still in rebellion against their parents may be the most addicted and resent it when others want to get a word or two from God in Christ.

Internet and music addiction.

http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/end ... horia.html

Calming music, such as classical music was found to have a very calming effect on the body, and cause the increase of endorphins, thirty minutes of such music was equal to the effect of a dose of valium. Both hemispheres of the brain are involved in processing music. The music in these studies is not the "lyrics", but the music itself, the melody, the tones, the tunes, the rhythm, the chords.

Even simple music calls on the brain to try to process and understand every note: in more complex harmony such as calculated "churchy" music there are dozens of overtones which can drive the mind in ecstasy or insanity using up all of its poewer trying to process everything. There is no other recorded history.

Does Music effect the Brain?

http://www.essortment.com/all/musiceffectmoo_rqxu.htm

Music is very powerful, like a drug and can even be an addiction. In the case of Patty Hearst, it was documented that music was used in the aid of brainwashing her. In the book, Elevator Music, by Joseph Lanza, it states that certain types of music over prolonged periods in certain conditions, were shown to cause seizures.

In the book, The Secret Power of Music, by David Tame, it says, "music is more than a language, it is the language of languages. It can be said that of all the arts, there is none other that more powerfully moves and changes the consciousness."

The Sexual Effect of musical performance

http://www.piney.com/MuEndorp.html

Even in the Classics the sexual stimulation caused by music was understood: that is why all pagans used singers and musicians and called them sorcerers. The "prophesying" the old Levite sect did is called "soothsaying."
For some strange reason which needs some psychological input, church leaderships will abandon Christ and His Word for a male musical worship team. The singing, clapping and body gyration is clearly a virtual and overt sexual ritual or recorded history has no meaning.