Saying that God did not CONDEMN Instruments is the BIGGEST lie.

Saying that God did not CONDEMN Instruments is the BIGGEST lie.

September 25th, 2012, 9:52 pm #1

The Christ Who outlawed "vocal or instrumental rejoicing including elevated rhetoric" also spoke to the DISCIPLES ONLY through the Prophets and Apostles. That is because Qahal, synagogue or Church of Christ in the wilderness meant A SCHOOL OF CHRIST. No one violated the direct command in a liberal synagogue until the year 1815. Then, the judge told the Rabbi: "No, you cannot steal the synagogue or widows." People who are not to be stopped when they take a coat will not be stopped when they steal the church house of widows. It's a MARK: it's in the BOOK.

Christ spoke through the Prophets (only) and Jesus made the prophecies more certain and Peter repudiated anyone who would go beyond "that which is written for OUR memory of the eye-- and ear--witnesses, anyone who says that Christ did not RADICALLY connect instruments to "Lucifer the singing and harp playing prostitute in the garden of Eden, AND the end-time Babylon mother of harlots is an 'Angel of Light.' The Angellos in the "voice of angels" in 1 Corinthians is speaking in tongues equated to playing instruments when Jesus comes to speak.

Isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and
.....lofty One that inhabiteth eternity,
.....whose NAME is Holy;
.....I dwell in the high and holy place,
.....with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit,
.....to revive the spirit of the humble,
.....and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
Isaiah 57:16 For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth:
.....for the spirit should fail before me,
..... and the souls which I have made.
Isaiah 57:17 For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth,
..... and smote him:
.....I hid me, and was wroth,
.....and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart. [Anti CENI]
Isaiah 57:18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him:
.....I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
Isaiah 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips;
.....Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD;
.....and I will heal him.
Isaiah 57:20 But the wicked are like the troubled sea,
.....when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.

Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice LIKE a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

THE MARK OF THE WICKED

Isaiah 58:2 Yet they seek me daily,
.....and delight to know my ways,
.........as a nation that did righteousness,
.........and [AS] forsook not the ordinance of their God:
.....They ask of me the ordinances of justice;
.........they take delight in approaching to God.

Isaiah 58:3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge?
.....Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure,
.....and exact all your labours.
Isaiah 58:4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness:
.....ye shall not fast as ye do this day,
.....to make your voice to be heard on high.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 25th, 2012, 11:11 pm #2

The Christ Who outlawed "vocal or instrumental rejoicing including elevated rhetoric"...."

Ken....you do realize that when you say about condemnation of vocal music (Ken makes it clear when he says vocal OR instrumental) that you are also condemning William Crump and Donnie also and most everyone in the churches of Christ.

Donnie.....time to cover for Ken again.....say something quick. If Clinton can do it, I know you can. Save him!!!

September 26th, 2012, 12:28 am #3

BIBLE SPEAK ONLY. Singing the Biblical text is NEVER called music. Music always included and almost demands DANCING. Dancing as in waving your hands, gyrating your body, clapping your hands all SYNCHRONIZED with the Words. Sumphonia translated as music means moving your body in a "friendly" exercise: that is why religious instruments which INDUCE this movement was always bound at the hips and lips to sexuality.

You should understand the word REJOICING which is not a part of the teaching role.

Melody as tunefulness belongs to the 19th century.

Why not grow up and respond directly to Christ Who breathed (spirit) into the Prophets.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 26th, 2012, 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 26th, 2012, 12:36 am #4

The Christ Who outlawed "vocal or instrumental rejoicing including elevated rhetoric" also spoke to the DISCIPLES ONLY through the Prophets and Apostles. That is because Qahal, synagogue or Church of Christ in the wilderness meant A SCHOOL OF CHRIST. No one violated the direct command in a liberal synagogue until the year 1815. Then, the judge told the Rabbi: "No, you cannot steal the synagogue or widows." People who are not to be stopped when they take a coat will not be stopped when they steal the church house of widows. It's a MARK: it's in the BOOK.

Christ spoke through the Prophets (only) and Jesus made the prophecies more certain and Peter repudiated anyone who would go beyond "that which is written for OUR memory of the eye-- and ear--witnesses, anyone who says that Christ did not RADICALLY connect instruments to "Lucifer the singing and harp playing prostitute in the garden of Eden, AND the end-time Babylon mother of harlots is an 'Angel of Light.' The Angellos in the "voice of angels" in 1 Corinthians is speaking in tongues equated to playing instruments when Jesus comes to speak.

.....whose NAME is Holy;
..... and smote him:
.....Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD;

Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice LIKE a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

THE MARK OF THE WICKED

Isaiah 58:3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge?
Isaiah 58:4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness:
I thought I told you that God COMMANDS instruments. Yea, He FORCES people to OUT themselves as a way of ESCAPE. Jesus didn't say "Thou shalt not be a Sophist: He said God HIDES from you." Performance Music has always been the case of lost men trying to bring God down or to ascend up for certainty. The FEELING that they get in their pleasure center nerves becomes the FOUNDATION of their faith.

September 26th, 2012, 1:17 am #5

.....whose NAME is Holy;
..... and smote him:

THE MARK OF THE WICKED

Of Alexander Campbell: " But [116] Alexander, while he was impressed, perhaps as profoundly as his father, with spiritual excellence and beauty, and the sublime revelations of Deity, seemed to superadd to this, from a wider range of thought and feeling, and his more acute perception of the resemblances of things and of their relations, a considerable taste for the beauties of Nature and of Art. With him, these gave rise, however, to a calm feeling of enjoyment, rather than to enthusiastic admiration, nor was their contemplation usually unmingled with considerations economical and practical. In regard to the strictly imitative arts, as painting and sculpture, his taste had received no culture, and he made no pretensions to a critical judgment. In music, especially sacred music, he took great pleasure, and was visibly affected by it, often calling, when the occasion permitted, for the singing of psalms and hymns, and, though unable to carry the air alone, uniting in the singing with a clear, musical voice and evident enjoyment. In regard to poetry, to which he had already paid considerable attention, his taste was more developed, and his judgment even critical, though he was more disposed to exercise it upon the sentiment, which in poetry is secondary, than upon the expression, which is primary, and much more sensible of defective imagery than of defective rhythm.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 26th, 2012, 6:44 pm #6

.....whose NAME is Holy;
..... and smote him:

THE MARK OF THE WICKED

"Singing the Biblical text is NEVER called music. Music always included and almost demands DANCING. Dancing as in waving your hands, gyrating your body, clapping your hands all SYNCHRONIZED with the Words."

Ken, you have been to a church of Christ before where there has been singing (voice only, vocal cords vibrating)...and no DANCING.

Ken, you have been to a church of Christ before where there has been singing.....and no gyrating of the body.

Ken, you have been to a church of Christ before where there has been singing......and no clapping.

Could, then, what I quoted from you, be a lie?

B
B

September 27th, 2012, 1:46 am #7

Whenever Dave doesn't understand someone like Ken, he gives up and either implies or states that the person is a "liar."

September 27th, 2012, 2:31 am #8

Neither he nor most religionists can grasp that "what am I permitted to do that is divisive" is not related to "What is a DISCIPLE?" What is the teaching Resource for a DISCIPLE?

What can we do pales in the face of "Why IS it that our doctors of the law insist on making US their disciples?"

Jesus the Christ Who still retains His UNIQUE teaching role marked by elders "teaching that which has been taught" may be inattentive to those trying to make the Lesson Plans into dogma.

Singing can be teaching and admonishing or it can be so complex that the mind is literally shut down so that people feed only on emoting. The musicators actually believe that everyone doing their part and singing to the top of their bad breath and making sure that all harmonizes satisfies some lust in the Mind of God so that He will give them more goodies. They simply do not grasp that God is not three people a bit smarter than their Phduh or certificate: like Green cards to invade the kingdom of God.

We have said that over and over and over and the point is to prove that such silencing the Word is a terminal disease: There is a song which goes "no turning back, no turning back." That is THE point of Enoch and dozens of other contemporaneous writings.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 27th, 2012, 4:30 am #9

.....whose NAME is Holy;
..... and smote him:

THE MARK OF THE WICKED

William Crump said "Whenever Dave doesn't understand someone like Ken, he gives up and either implies or states that the person is a "liar.""

Is that like when Ken says "Saying that God did not CONDEMN Instruments is the BIGGEST lie."???

Now isn't the EPITAMY of hypocrisy?

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 27th, 2012, 1:45 pm #10

.....whose NAME is Holy;
..... and smote him:

THE MARK OF THE WICKED

Ken,
Why do you think that the book of Enoch wasn't included with the 66 books and the OT?

"Why isn't this wonderful book included in the Bible?" The answer is that Jesus and the apostles never called it scripture. It is important to note that a few early church fathers highly valued the book of Enoch but they never referred to it as scripture. Therefore, we cannot view it as authorative since it is not the Word of God."

"The biblical book of Jude quotes from the Book of Enoch in verses 14-15, Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him. But this does not mean the Book of Enoch is inspired by God and should be in the Bible. Judes quote is not the only quote in the Bible from a non-biblical source. The Apostle Paul quotes Epimenides in Titus 1:12 but that does not mean we should give any additional authority to Epimenides writings. The same is true with Jude, verse 14. Jude quoting from the book of Enoch in Jude verse 9 does not indicate the entire book is inspired, or even true. All it means is that particular verse is true. It is interesting to note that no scholars believe the Book of Enoch to have truly been written by the Enoch in the Bible. Enoch was seven generations from Adam, prior to the Flood (Genesis 5:1-24). Evidently, though, this was genuinely something that Enoch prophesied or the Bible would not attribute it to him, Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men (Jude 14). This saying of Enoch was evidently handed down by tradition, and eventually recorded in the Book of Enoch. We should treat the Book of Enoch (and the other books like it) in the same manner we do the other Apocryphal writings. Some of what the Apocrypha says is true and correct, but at the same time, much of it is false and historically inaccurate. If you read these books, you have to treat them as interesting but fallible historical documents, not as the inspired, authoritative Word of God."

Some thoughts from others.....