Rick Atchley / Gulfcoast Getaway?

January 15th, 2007, 3:20 pm #1

Does anyone out there know anything about the following congregation?

Laurel Church of Christ, Knoxville, TN. http://www.laurelchurchofchrist.org/

As I understand it, they sponsor or support the Christian Student Center, which is a college ministry located at 1821 Melrose Avenue, on the University of Tennessee campus. The college link on their website leads you to this site. http://www.cscutk.org/

They are just wrapping up a weekend getaway in Panama city Beach, FL. http://www.gulfcoastgetaway.org/, where Rick Atchley and Randy Harris were guest speakers.

Any information would be much appreciated!

atruthare
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on January 16th, 2007, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 5th, 2007, 9:11 pm #2

Mark Smith has been the minister at the West Orange Church of Christ in Orlando for several years. He announced Sunday that he is leaving West Orange to become the minister at Laurel. Since Mark has been at West Orange, the Sunday morning worship has been made into quite a production. I visited there late last year and was amazed at the changes since I last visited 5 years ago. The wired-for-sound-praise-team-of-eight (including Mark) sang not a single hymn, and sang many "praise" songs that I had never heard. The praise team hummed during the reading of scripture, and sang solo during the Lord Supper. There was a smattering of clapping to the beat of a song or two, but I was told this was a new phenomenon, and had not been present when friends visited 6 months earlier. There was a "Zen" fountain and candle in the lobby, the auditorium was decorated for Christmas, and they had plans displayed to add a coffee shop in the lobby area in the near future.

Mark has some connection with Woodmont Hills. I can't recall the exact relationship. He may be related by marriage to their Worship minister.

If you have ever been a part of a church that has been infiltrated by change agents, this item that I found on Laurel's website will tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.laurelcc.org/files/vision_sharpening.pdf

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

March 6th, 2007, 2:12 am #3

This "get away" may be trying to do more than the sponsoring churches grasp: they called Rick Atchley to be their guru this year and Rick has had a 12 year agenda to introduce instrumental music. That began as worshiip teams which must be the most heretical and infantile notion ever dredge up sind a TRUE church of Christ is NOT a family or community or COMMUNE but an ekklesia or school of the bible. We have noted that the Richland Hills had the same laurel VISION thing which iis part of all radical change movements.

Rather than lead they check the pulse and come up with what the elders have in mind all along. Rick violently repudiated every statement about music in the Bible and church fathers. Now, why would a Campus Ministry system bent on doing THINGS TO "SAVE MORE SOULS" have to lie about the bible to make the changes. The youth has been subjected to the praise teams and instrumental music as the Laurel VISION intends for the forming Singing Groups. Youth will be conditioned to this form of Rock and Roll and performance music and they will be there to support the elders when the "praise team" gradually moves in to gobble up all of the time and attention form Christ and His Word. The Campus Ministry in Murfreesboro, I note, is a leader of the movement to Gulf Coast and selecting GURUS.

The Laurel "White Paper" shows that the elders are not Shepherds but intend to follow the noisiest band. Their use of terms like TRADITIONAL is a dead give away that they intend to MARK those who do not PERFORM music leading ot instruments as too ignorant but to continue what they have INHERITED from their heritage. No, doubt Mark and Rick will help tell the lies that the churches of Christ INVENTED not using musical instruments because they were too poor or ignorant: The Christian church writers attribute the NOT using instruments to a "southern, ignorant, red-necked mentality." Of course, they are FORCED to lie about the Bible and all recorded history which opposed the use of silly praise songs, complex styles and instruments. The deliberate discorders will find NO historical evidence which does not prove that congregational singing (in a teaching-learning style) is the Biblical, Literate and Historic practice of most churches. It is a fact, that the introduction of TEAMS and INSTRUMENTS is the meaning of SECTARIAN because it has always divided and TRADITIONAL because it is PATTERNED after ancient pagan musical rituals involving prostitutes and Sodomites.

The Christian Churches have set up the Stone-Campbell Movement intending to infiltrate and divert peaceable churches and make them MUSICAL or idolatrous. The UNITY MEETINGS will always be on THEIR terms and they will soften you up based on COMMUNITY so that bad companions corrupt good manners and you will be too timid to continue to resist a return to Babylon.

Remember that the serpent in the garden of Eden was a "singing and harp playing prostitute." The Nahash or serpent was a MUSICAL ENCHANTER. Jesus came to save us FROM that crooked generation of skolion singers--perverted and perverting. John identifies the same OPHIS or ENEMY in Revelation as the Mother of Harlots and the singers and musicians as SORCERERS (Rev 18) who HAD deceived the whole world.

Middle Tennessee had better wake up and disband some Campus Ministries now seemingly run by women and changelings.

Donnie Cruz
Donnie Cruz

March 8th, 2007, 1:18 pm #4

Mark Smith has been the minister at the West Orange Church of Christ in Orlando for several years. He announced Sunday that he is leaving West Orange to become the minister at Laurel. Since Mark has been at West Orange, the Sunday morning worship has been made into quite a production. I visited there late last year and was amazed at the changes since I last visited 5 years ago. The wired-for-sound-praise-team-of-eight (including Mark) sang not a single hymn, and sang many "praise" songs that I had never heard. The praise team hummed during the reading of scripture, and sang solo during the Lord Supper. There was a smattering of clapping to the beat of a song or two, but I was told this was a new phenomenon, and had not been present when friends visited 6 months earlier. There was a "Zen" fountain and candle in the lobby, the auditorium was decorated for Christmas, and they had plans displayed to add a coffee shop in the lobby area in the near future.

Mark has some connection with Woodmont Hills. I can't recall the exact relationship. He may be related by marriage to their Worship minister.

If you have ever been a part of a church that has been infiltrated by change agents, this item that I found on Laurel's website will tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.laurelcc.org/files/vision_sharpening.pdf
<font color=indigo size=3 face=times new roman>Berryville,

“The wired-for-sound-praise-team-of-eight”—I like that expression. I’ve mentioned recently that Madison’s “Praise Team” has outlived its supposedly original intent [scheme] to teach the neophyte contemporary Christians new praise music written by Christian Rock artists.

Twila Paris; Charley LeBlank (“Clap Your Hands”); Bart Millard (“I Can Only Imagine”—that only the Praise Team is capable of singing); Graham Kendrick (“I Wad Made for This: to Know Your Tender Kiss”); Cleavant Derricks (“It’s All Right … it’s all right, it’s all right, it’s all right”—sung charismatically); etc.

In Madison’s situation, the musical performance issue would be resolved when the elite group disbands. I doubt seriously that this is going to happen so long as the leadership does not see this still as an issue as it was when the church havoc occurred in 2001. Meanwhile, the elite group of musical performers (of course, with their microphones) can be appropriately called “the wired-for-SOUND-praise-performance-team-of-sixteen.”

I noticed in the link the singing of “Sweet, Sweet Spirit.” The words: “There’s a sweet, sweet spirit in this place … stay right here with us … without a doubt we’ll know that we have been revived, when we shall leave this place.” Oh, well….

Donnie</font>

KEN Sublett
KEN Sublett

March 8th, 2007, 8:53 pm #5

My spirit just tries to flee from my body when I hear such vile ignorance that a MUSICAL TEAM can LEAD you into God in WORSHIP.

I believe that is blasphemy because it DENIES that God in Christ is an adequate Mediator to lead us into quiet, spiritual CLOSETS to do our own seeking and praying.
I can think of no other PRESUMPTION that answers to the first Abomination of Desolation standing in the Holy Place with wine, women and music.

http://www.piney.com/2Macc.html

Revelation rounds out the end time Abomination of Desolation by defining the Mother of Harlots worship and saying that the charismatic speakers, singers and musicians are SORCERERS who HAD deceived the whole world.

My brain wants to burst when the BULB FLASHES and I begin to understand the meaning of a Viper Generation not suitable to be baptizes; the the generation of pipers, singers and dancers which Jesus consigned to the Marketplace with all of the pagan speakers, singers, instrumentalists, dancers, actors, prostitutes and Sodomites.

Why is this SO PROFOUND that Jesus PLUGS THE EARS in parables so that they can no longer even HEAR the gospel of freedom FROM them. And Peter said save yoourselves FROM that crooked generation of perverted Skolion singers and musicians (Wineskinners)? Poetry, music and drama IS by definition of all known source a LIE by people who cannot hear simple words.

Why would a man COLLECT 4,000 souls and then lie about every musical passage in the Bible and church history. AND, AND, AND have the FALL DOWN AND WORSHIP HIM. Is this not a LYING WONDER?

The prophecy was of men performing LYING WONDERS where WONDERS means "theatrical spectacles."

I used to think that we were all humanoids: but all of the ancient writers speak of the same VIPER people where Cain (from a musical not) was OF that wicked one because Satan WHOLLY SEDUCED Eve in a sexual sense according to Paul. The word GENERATION used by John, Peter and Jesus means a RACE of people who are the SEED OF THE SERPENT. My mind boggles at how TOTALLY the musical deception has taken over churches EVEEN the "four part Fanny" churches.