September 28th, 2016, 9:23 pm #11

I am listening to religious choral group with a tiny bit of bass and an occasional piano click. Sounds good. However, eating donuts and popcorn tastes good but not in connection with diabetes.

Jesus asks "could you not tarry with me for ONE HOUR?" Apparently not.

Matt. 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
Matt. 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Matt. 26:40 And he cometh unto the disciples [Disciples, Students], and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
Matt. 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Students do not worship when Jesus asks us to come outside and LEARN OF ME for ONE HOUR. Giving attention to God and His Word is the UNIQUE meaning of worship. Thinking that singing your own song LEGALISTICALLY PERFECT is the worship of God IS the meaning of an ABOMINATION.

The Lord's Supper shows forth or PREACHES the Death of Jesus. In the spiritual sense this should and will SILENCE anyone who is a Disciple watching, awake and alert to hear what Word HE will bring to us when APT elders obey their role: to teach THAT WHICH HAS BEEN TAUGHT.

The Musical BEASTS (Locusts, serpents, muses) insist that THEY keep up a chatter to ENHANCE your thinking about Jesus instead of THEM. Then they are free to let YOU watch them while they spin something out of their own imagination which God says "Is only evil continually."

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on September 28th, 2016, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Dave

September 29th, 2016, 11:35 pm #12

Ken said "I am listening to religious choral group with a tiny bit of bass and an occasional piano click. Sounds good. However, eating donuts and popcorn tastes good but not in connection with diabetes."

You forgot 'well God also DID NOT SAY not to use ketchup for the Lord's Supper.'

That's always a good one.

September 30th, 2016, 5:48 am #13

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Sounds like comparing apples and oranges, Dave.

Question for you, Dave: Since the New Testament does not say "thou shalt not use musical instruments in the assembly," are you in favor of playing...

... the piano or guitar in the assembly?[/color]

Dave
Dave

September 30th, 2016, 1:25 pm #14

I WILL NOT repeat myself. Look back over past history. You'll find the answer somewhere.

October 2nd, 2016, 2:41 am #15

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Repetition can be beneficial. One should not be ashamed or refuse to repeat himself especially when people tend to forget. In fact, repetition is a means of reinforcement of a held view or opinion.

Since you "WILL NOT repeat" yourself, then I will repeat something you said before as "ServantForHim": that "soft piano enhances worship." I also recall that you are a guitarist.

The question I posed, of course, has more to do with you being "in favor of" the idea, not necessarily that you would be playing an instrument in the assembly yourself.[/color]

Dave
Dave

October 2nd, 2016, 6:49 pm #16

On that quote, Donnie, please produce the entire sentence, unless you forgot where you found it. On the topic of shame, Donnie, I can see where you have none. This entire website proves it.

October 2nd, 2016, 7:18 pm #17

Oh---uh I see where you have no shame-uh...
And you should know that Donnie is his name---uh.
And Jes-us Word joins in refrain--uh
So, may-be there is no Blame-uuuh.

You may speak it
You may sing it
You manbe sing TO a harp
You can repeat it ten times and sell it for a reward.

If you repeat it even once that is defined as a LADED BURDEN and an IDOL since we lowly in heart can understand it the first time

Dave
Dave

October 2nd, 2016, 7:35 pm #18

Ken,
Now you talking boy! Go man!!!
GO!!!

The Sublett musical DNA coming out now. Get you a publisher and you just never know.....

October 2nd, 2016, 9:27 pm #19

On that quote, Donnie, please produce the entire sentence, unless you forgot where you found it. On the topic of shame, Donnie, I can see where you have none. This entire website proves it.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The words may not be in the same order, Dave, but for certain, these words came from your lips:

..... soft piano
..... enhances
..... worship

Your statement was made more likely on ConcernedMembers than on the defunct Faithsite.com. You may now feel restrained from defending instrumental music in the assembly, but you had IM leanings at the time, along with others who claimed that IM is just fine, so long as worship was not devoid of "singing."[/color]

Dave
Dave

October 3rd, 2016, 5:01 pm #20

You are VERY WRONG Donnie on my quote. I know EXACtlY what I said. When you get it right, and consider telling the truth, we will continue.

Until then, you aren't truthful.