Quail Springs Church of Christ in Oklahoma City

April 19th, 2008, 6:00 pm #11

<font color=indigo>Matt,

I think you should be challenged. It appears that you are 100% uninformed—proven by your 0% comprehension of what Ken has researched from literature and history in conjunction with what the Bible has already provided. In other words, the Bible is the source of original information, and history is there as evidence that those biblical revelations are true and accurate.

I would not be surprised to know if there’s not another human being in this world who has amassed this wealth of invaluable researched information and data regarding music, musical idolatry and musical instruments. Just let us know as soon as you know of another individual on earth that has more in-depth knowledge and understanding of these subject matters.

As far as being upset is concerned, you are the one who is upset by the fact that the “independent congregation” you speak of has been “found out.” That congregation is “independent” alright and it should have no business associating itself with the name “of Christ”; but this website will continue to inform the brotherhood if there are other congregations who have succumbed to the desire of “independence” as well.

The behavior of this “independent” congregation is shameful to the 99.925% of the congregations of the church of Christ. These congregations do not allow the participation of lifeless and inanimate musical machines in their assemblies.</font>

William
William

April 22nd, 2008, 10:27 pm #12

Donnie,

While 99.925% of the Churches of Christ may not allow lifeless instruments into their worship, 100% of these that I have visited allow lifeless inanimate so-called christians into there assemblies.

Lisa Busby
Lisa Busby

May 2nd, 2008, 10:14 pm #13

How can we expect to bring people to Christ, when all they see is supposed "christians" making a mockery of the faith? This website is full of legalistic members who are not interested in bringing people to Christ; all they are interested in is running others into the ground because they don't agree with every legalistic idea they have. There is no love in their hearts,for if there was they would be on there knees praying for forgiveness for the things they say on this website. Just becuase you write the words down,and don't say them out loud doesn't mean God doesn't know you said them. You WILL be judged on the postings from this website. I will pray for you all.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

June 25th, 2008, 2:21 pm #14

<font color=red>Hello, my name is ______ I am a member of Quail Springs Church of Christ in Oklahoma City. I have been reading through the extensive information provided on your website and find it very interesting. In particular, the changes that are occuring at our church in light of our minister and eldership announcing that we would be adding a instrumental worship service earlier this year. Since that time, we have signinficant discord in our church. Things that are happening here seem to mirror what happened at Richland Hills. I was wondering what the final result what at Richland Hills because, frankly, I am concerned about the future of our church. Thanks in advance - Member</font>

Dear member, because Mark Henderson is your "leader" it comes as no surprise. He has been part of a small band of men whose relationship is closer than the blood of Jesus Christ. I have not had time to reveiw the RATIONALE but they are usinr Rick Atchley's three sermons as proof: not uncommon for this band to depend on one another and not the Lord.

I have reviewed Ricks sermons and his FODDER is hand fed from the NACC which has actively sought to RESTORE what Mark calls the <font color=red>ANTI-instrumental church of christ.</font> He deliberately lied about every Biblical statement and historical comment. The new MANTRA is that God actually COMMANDED INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC so the EXTRA service is just a slick willy to run off the OWNERS and go fully instrumental like Max Lucado.

You have the duty to warn people tht your "shepherd" is really a WOLF as Paul warned in Acts 20 and the meaning of WOLF as related to MUSICAL worship is NOT very pretty.

I will fill in on some of the deliberatel lies which Mark has preached before God and man and point you to the NACC people who have provided the DOCUMENTARY proof which they are using to STEAL peaceable churches of Christ. You might begin with David Faust who has undoubtedly been there seeking UNITY like a WOLF seeks union with a lamb. You can begin here to see that the Temple like the law was a CURSE because of their fall into Musical Idolatry at Mount Sinai. The loud NOISE at the temple dedication MARKED god SHUTTING OFF access to Himself, the Word and the MERCY Seat. They were fully abandoned to the GENTILE or Babylonianism they LUSTED FOR.

http://www.piney.com/David.Faust.Temple.html

Keep us informed: the property belongs to the MEMBERS and not to MARK HENDERSOON who is repeating the 100% lies of his bonded buddies and the ELDERS are NOT in charge.
It appears that Oak Hill's grand scheme boasting of their improved growth patterns has fallen flat: according to most reports the original owners and "investors" had already been driven out by the time the instruments hit tht "holy places." As a result the giving stopped their growth and the cash flow which is never made up by the butterflies looking for the best "music venue" who do not have money and would not giveit to untrustworthy people if they had it.

Richland Hills seems to still be below their "boasted of" attendance of 6,400 which had slipped to about 4,500 when the instruments were added for Sabbath Worship only. That slipped to about 3,500 and has recovereed abit.

Quail Springs confessed to a rapid walkout of 300 of their 900 and they went from the planned Sabbath Music to Sunday: it would be interesting if someone reported on the attendance on the two services and the relative contributions. This is important because all of the reports have shown that the infiltrated churches have not grown like the "traditional" churches.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

June 25th, 2008, 4:54 pm #15

<font color=red>Hello, my name is ______ I am a member of Quail Springs Church of Christ in Oklahoma City. I have been reading through the extensive information provided on your website and find it very interesting. In particular, the changes that are occuring at our church in light of our minister and eldership announcing that we would be adding a instrumental worship service earlier this year. Since that time, we have signinficant discord in our church. Things that are happening here seem to mirror what happened at Richland Hills. I was wondering what the final result what at Richland Hills because, frankly, I am concerned about the future of our church. Thanks in advance - Member</font>

Dear member, because Mark Henderson is your "leader" it comes as no surprise. He has been part of a small band of men whose relationship is closer than the blood of Jesus Christ. I have not had time to reveiw the RATIONALE but they are usinr Rick Atchley's three sermons as proof: not uncommon for this band to depend on one another and not the Lord.

I have reviewed Ricks sermons and his FODDER is hand fed from the NACC which has actively sought to RESTORE what Mark calls the <font color=red>ANTI-instrumental church of christ.</font> He deliberately lied about every Biblical statement and historical comment. The new MANTRA is that God actually COMMANDED INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC so the EXTRA service is just a slick willy to run off the OWNERS and go fully instrumental like Max Lucado.

You have the duty to warn people tht your "shepherd" is really a WOLF as Paul warned in Acts 20 and the meaning of WOLF as related to MUSICAL worship is NOT very pretty.

I will fill in on some of the deliberatel lies which Mark has preached before God and man and point you to the NACC people who have provided the DOCUMENTARY proof which they are using to STEAL peaceable churches of Christ. You might begin with David Faust who has undoubtedly been there seeking UNITY like a WOLF seeks union with a lamb. You can begin here to see that the Temple like the law was a CURSE because of their fall into Musical Idolatry at Mount Sinai. The loud NOISE at the temple dedication MARKED god SHUTTING OFF access to Himself, the Word and the MERCY Seat. They were fully abandoned to the GENTILE or Babylonianism they LUSTED FOR.

Keep us informed: the property belongs to the MEMBERS and not to MARK HENDERSOON who is repeating the 100% lies of his bonded buddies and the ELDERS are NOT in charge.
Yes, at one level I apologize for my writing. I simply do not have the time to turn it into an amusing story, song or sermon. However, I suspect that most people are being defrauded by the modern view of sermons and singing.

However, I don't write for public consumption because it takes lots of time to digest.

That is why most of my material quotes the Bible (as Donnie noted and that might be strange) and also links to the best lexicons and to the ancient texts. Because we do not have absolute definitions of words, it is important to see how they were used in context.

Is someone DREDGED up the Greek word PSALLO as late as 1878 to try to justify dividing the Disciples (later Christian Churches) to justify the use of music AS worship. At the time the Disciples told a judge that the organ (only) was a aid to singing much like a pitchpipe and IF it was used AS worship then it would be SINFUL. Therefore, the fathers of the Disciples passed radical judgment on later generations who use other instruments and AS worship.

Paul put the melody in the PLACE of the heart so that should settle the issue. However, the word PSALLO is never in any other literature been translated as melody or "tunefulness." The word has its major use identifying Apollo (Abaddon, Apollyon) who was the father of twanging bows to send singing arrows into the literal heart. He is also the father of musical melody, homosexual worship, thieves and liars. Therefore, the word primarily points to making war or to "shooting love arrows." All of the literature quoted by the instrumentalists to prove their point about plucking also identifies older males plucking their harp as a way to seduce a young male..

By posting those blue links you can go to the original source and do your OWN THINKING. It is a medical and cultural fact that most of our generation has been mentally disabled so that they lack the energy or ability to dig into anything beyond sound bytes. The same false preachers who disabled you now claim that YOU are not able to read complex thoughts and therefore YOU need to pay THEM to teach everything in sound, sight and motion. That should insult you.

The postmodern heresy, the deep meditation and a flood of "worship teams" at Lipscomb this year is truly shocking:

http://www.piney.com/David.Lipscomb.Summer.2008.html

Rubel Shelly claims to have new spectacles to get a NEW VISION for the church but it is an old vision from WICCA:

http://www.piney.comRSReImaging.html

<font color=blue>"If this seems overstated, consider the thesis put forth by Leonard Shlain in his 1999 book The Alphabet Versus the Goddess: the Conflict Between Word and Image:

> Goddess worship, feminine values, and women's power depend on the ubiquity of the image.
> God worship, masculine values, and men's domination of women are bound to the written word.

Word and image, like masculine and feminine, are complementary opposites.

Whenever a culture elevates the written word at the expense of the image patriarchy dominates. [Then we can also assume that when a culture elevates the image at the expense of the written word, matriarchy dominates-as in Hillary Clinton and Janet Reno and Donna Shalala and female Supreme Court justices ad infinitum.] (Qtd. on page 6 of the June 1999 The Quality Paperback Book Review.)

"As an obviously agnostic and feminist (and possibly pagan) "scholar," Shlain fails to grasp the true significance of his discovery that (in the words of the June 1999 The Quality Paperback Book Review),

"the very act of reading an alphabet reinforce the brain's left hemisphere
(linear, abstract, predominantly masculine)
at the expense of the right (holistic, concrete, visual, feminine)."

"It's hardly surprising, then, that in our culture literacy and morality decreased and goddess worship increased following a rising emphasis on images (picture magazines and books; television; viewscreens; video games; computer icons), or that antichrist will employ an image to further enslave people in the tribulation.

Nor is it surprising that there was no success in any "women's movements" until Great Britain and America both abandoned the AV 1611 in favor of counterfeit "bibles", nor can there be any ecumenical success unless men abandon the AV 1611 in favor of the words of a "woman" (Rev. 17-18).... Those who abandon the true masculine words of God will inevitablygive themselves over to "profane and old wives' fables" (1 Tim. 4:6-7). Daryl Coates</font>

cdg
cdg

July 1st, 2008, 6:58 am #16

It appears that Oak Hill's grand scheme boasting of their improved growth patterns has fallen flat: according to most reports the original owners and "investors" had already been driven out by the time the instruments hit tht "holy places." As a result the giving stopped their growth and the cash flow which is never made up by the butterflies looking for the best "music venue" who do not have money and would not giveit to untrustworthy people if they had it.

Richland Hills seems to still be below their "boasted of" attendance of 6,400 which had slipped to about 4,500 when the instruments were added for Sabbath Worship only. That slipped to about 3,500 and has recovereed abit.

Quail Springs confessed to a rapid walkout of 300 of their 900 and they went from the planned Sabbath Music to Sunday: it would be interesting if someone reported on the attendance on the two services and the relative contributions. This is important because all of the reports have shown that the infiltrated churches have not grown like the "traditional" churches.
What do you care what is happening at Oak Hills? They removed the name "church of Christ" from their sign 5 years ago. It is no longer a church of Christ in your sense of the term. What is it with your morbid infatuation with this church and your desire to see it fail? Oh yeah, that's you expressing your "christian" love and concern.

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

July 3rd, 2008, 9:37 pm #17

Yes, at one level I apologize for my writing. I simply do not have the time to turn it into an amusing story, song or sermon. However, I suspect that most people are being defrauded by the modern view of sermons and singing.

However, I don't write for public consumption because it takes lots of time to digest.

That is why most of my material quotes the Bible (as Donnie noted and that might be strange) and also links to the best lexicons and to the ancient texts. Because we do not have absolute definitions of words, it is important to see how they were used in context.

Is someone DREDGED up the Greek word PSALLO as late as 1878 to try to justify dividing the Disciples (later Christian Churches) to justify the use of music AS worship. At the time the Disciples told a judge that the organ (only) was a aid to singing much like a pitchpipe and IF it was used AS worship then it would be SINFUL. Therefore, the fathers of the Disciples passed radical judgment on later generations who use other instruments and AS worship.

Paul put the melody in the PLACE of the heart so that should settle the issue. However, the word PSALLO is never in any other literature been translated as melody or "tunefulness." The word has its major use identifying Apollo (Abaddon, Apollyon) who was the father of twanging bows to send singing arrows into the literal heart. He is also the father of musical melody, homosexual worship, thieves and liars. Therefore, the word primarily points to making war or to "shooting love arrows." All of the literature quoted by the instrumentalists to prove their point about plucking also identifies older males plucking their harp as a way to seduce a young male..

By posting those blue links you can go to the original source and do your OWN THINKING. It is a medical and cultural fact that most of our generation has been mentally disabled so that they lack the energy or ability to dig into anything beyond sound bytes. The same false preachers who disabled you now claim that YOU are not able to read complex thoughts and therefore YOU need to pay THEM to teach everything in sound, sight and motion. That should insult you.

The postmodern heresy, the deep meditation and a flood of "worship teams" at Lipscomb this year is truly shocking:

http://www.piney.com/David.Lipscomb.Summer.2008.html

Rubel Shelly claims to have new spectacles to get a NEW VISION for the church but it is an old vision from WICCA:

http://www.piney.comRSReImaging.html

<font color=blue>"If this seems overstated, consider the thesis put forth by Leonard Shlain in his 1999 book The Alphabet Versus the Goddess: the Conflict Between Word and Image:

> Goddess worship, feminine values, and women's power depend on the ubiquity of the image.
> God worship, masculine values, and men's domination of women are bound to the written word.

Word and image, like masculine and feminine, are complementary opposites.

Whenever a culture elevates the written word at the expense of the image patriarchy dominates. [Then we can also assume that when a culture elevates the image at the expense of the written word, matriarchy dominates-as in Hillary Clinton and Janet Reno and Donna Shalala and female Supreme Court justices ad infinitum.] (Qtd. on page 6 of the June 1999 The Quality Paperback Book Review.)

"As an obviously agnostic and feminist (and possibly pagan) "scholar," Shlain fails to grasp the true significance of his discovery that (in the words of the June 1999 The Quality Paperback Book Review),

"the very act of reading an alphabet reinforce the brain's left hemisphere
(linear, abstract, predominantly masculine)
at the expense of the right (holistic, concrete, visual, feminine)."

"It's hardly surprising, then, that in our culture literacy and morality decreased and goddess worship increased following a rising emphasis on images (picture magazines and books; television; viewscreens; video games; computer icons), or that antichrist will employ an image to further enslave people in the tribulation.

Nor is it surprising that there was no success in any "women's movements" until Great Britain and America both abandoned the AV 1611 in favor of counterfeit "bibles", nor can there be any ecumenical success unless men abandon the AV 1611 in favor of the words of a "woman" (Rev. 17-18).... Those who abandon the true masculine words of God will inevitablygive themselves over to "profane and old wives' fables" (1 Tim. 4:6-7). Daryl Coates</font>
CDG, as a member of Oak Hills since 1982 and one that has toiled many, many hours to try to build up what has now been taken down, I DO care what has happened at Oak Hills! Additionally, it takes someone with the intellect of Ken to put the history of this congregation in biblical perspective.

None of Ken's information is contrived on his part. I would suspect that much of it comes from many emails exchanged over the years between the two of us. He speaks with my PERSONAL knowledge of events. Now, any more questions?

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

March 20th, 2009, 4:50 pm #18

What did you guys do to Mark Henderson?
Where did he go?

Tim Arthur
Tim Arthur

March 24th, 2009, 2:57 am #19

It is shameful that this site even exists. It is nothing but a gossip forum for "Christians." And no, Ken, we do not need your posts to be presented in some entertaining and "fun" way. It would just be helpful if it was presented logically and clearly. I am a fairly educated guy, but I think most people see what I see: A bunch of different colors and caps locks with nonsense rambling about sexual perversion and music. Sorry, but I do not know of anyone who has been turned on by singing a hymn in church, whether it be acappela or instrumental. I really hope that people who are looking for true peace and deliverance in Jesus Christ do not stumble on this website. The power of the gospel is not found in legalistic ramblings, but in the cross of Christ. Law has never been able to change the heart of man, only Christ can do that.

Member- QSCofC
Member- QSCofC

August 26th, 2009, 4:46 am #20

What did you guys do to Mark Henderson?
Where did he go?
He resigned as our minister.