Pure Religion Part A + B + C FLEECING the lambs and DIVERTING the monies

Pure Religion Part A + B + C FLEECING the lambs and DIVERTING the monies

May 24th, 2014, 8:13 pm #1

Pure Religion insists on IMPURE worship.

http://www.piney.com/Pure.Religion.and. ... rship.html

When we SPEAK we are commanded to speak the ORACLES OF GOD: the Word only. However, when we serve (on our own) we are to use the talent we have. That defines the two arenas of the believer's life.

The Church or Assembly in all of its Biblical descriptions met once a week: that was enough if you are a Christian group and listen to and learn the Word of God (only). History notes that people learned a "lection" or portion of Scripture by SPEAKING it and MEDITATING in the heart. The people went back to their regular lives and the plowman or the housewife could SPEAK TO THEMSELVES a whole Psalm (for learning) or what Jesus COMMANDED to be taught. The well known scholar and publisher George DeHoff said that he came home from school, changed into his work clothes, went out to plow and SANG his lesson all day. What will your disciples take home with them?

In the paganism of Spiritual Formation including Lectio Divina from the Mother church you are to read JUST ENOUGH of the Bible to get that magic word. Then you are to enter into centering prayer (witchcraft) and a spirit person will give you the TRUE message from God. However, lectio was used of the LECTIONS or the Portions of Scripture which were used as a teaching platform. Divina contrary to being sorcery is the DIVINE WORD so that the Word is PREACHED by being READ and what God wants you to know comes only through His gift of the "organs" of light and sound.

James limited PURE RELIGION to that arena where we served beyond the 'token' ministry of an institution. By definition, there must be and IMPURE RELIGION. IMPURE is what is called WORSHIP SERVICES where the LAWS of Rhetoric, singing, playing or acting are USED: this is the only meaning of LEGALISM. The Assembly is where the communication path is FROM God TO the disciples: this is the Bible's definition of Worship. If you get angry when RELIGION is defined then too bad.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on June 4th, 2014, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2014, 9:11 pm #2

You have to understand the warning of Jesus when you try to post WHAT IS FACT which often conflicts with WHAT I PLAN TO DO. That's fine: I get my "extreme discipleship" done from my computer without being collectivized into a cult to make me a disciple of the discipler who can't read the whole context. And do not get my mind scrambled with "sanging."

Pure Religion is what we do with the talent God has given us: that is not related to contributing my token to a church group usually operated by non-clergy who work themselves to death.

The command for IF WE SPEAK then the inclusive-exclusive RESOURCE is the Word of God. You have 168 hours a week and you and gather to sing, play, clap and as recorded history notes abuse your emotional health and shut down your spiritual or rational MIND required to hear the LOGOS which is the RATIONAL DISCOURSE OF GOD. Logos is never a people.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on May 26th, 2014, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 29th, 2014, 1:48 am #3

When we SPEAK we are commanded to speak the ORACLES OF GOD: the Word only. However, when we serve (on our own) we are to use the talent we have. That defines the two arenas of the believer's life.

The Church or Assembly in all of its Biblical descriptions met once a week: that was enough if you are a Christian group and listen to and learn the Word of God (only). History notes that people learned a "lection" or portion of Scripture by SPEAKING it and MEDITATING in the heart. The people went back to their regular lives and the plowman or the housewife could SPEAK TO THEMSELVES a whole Psalm (for learning) or what Jesus COMMANDED to be taught. The well known scholar and publisher George DeHoff said that he came home from school, changed into his work clothes, went out to plow and SANG his lesson all day. What will your disciples take home with them?

In the paganism of Spiritual Formation including Lectio Divina from the Mother church you are to read JUST ENOUGH of the Bible to get that magic word. Then you are to enter into centering prayer (witchcraft) and a spirit person will give you the TRUE message from God. However, lectio was used of the LECTIONS or the Portions of Scripture which were used as a teaching platform. Divina contrary to being sorcery is the DIVINE WORD so that the Word is PREACHED by being READ and what God wants you to know comes only through His gift of the "organs" of light and sound.

James limited PURE RELIGION to that arena where we served beyond the 'token' ministry of an institution. By definition, there must be and IMPURE RELIGION. IMPURE is what is called WORSHIP SERVICES where the LAWS of Rhetoric, singing, playing or acting are USED: this is the only meaning of LEGALISM. The Assembly is where the communication path is FROM God TO the disciples: this is the Bible's definition of Worship. If you get angry when RELIGION is defined then too bad.

We have noted that the Word or LOGOS is God's Regulative Principle: it includes ONLY speaking that which is written. It excludes rhetoric or preachers's introductions, personal (invented) stories to attract attention to himself, poetry, singing, playing instruments, acting, dancing which is demanded of MAKING MUSIC: moving the voices together was to get the bodies moving together. In all of the excluded ACTS the person is LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE. If you have a "praise team" the intention, like the Pharisees, is to silence the voice of Jesus and to force everyone to "worship" or give attention to the ACTORS.

June 4th, 2014, 1:39 am #4

As God BREATHED and Jesus SPOKE the Word without measure most often means WITHOUT METER. God knew that men set their lies to melodies and even there was no tuneful singing. So, He BROKE the knee caps of the men following the Judas Patternism.

In the same way Jesus PAID it all including the temple tax because children of a king do not pay religious taxes. He protected Believers by telling us NOT to pay for the Water of the Word. He denounced rhetoricians, singers and instrument players as scribes and pharisees. He commanded that the Word be PREACHED by being READ for Comfort and Doctrine.

A School of Christ has NO PROGRAMS requiring taking PRIVATE money and putting it into the COLLECTIVE: Community church defined by Rubel Shelly defines COMMUNE.

The only example is a gift which Corinth VOLUNTEERED to send to those STARVING to death and Paul said THIS IS NOT A COMMANDMENT.

SO, the MARK of a Church or School of Christ gets in out of the rain by GIFTS and a LAW destroys the GIFT principle.

If you are passing the plate and telling them about the LAW OF GIVING you are lying primarily because YOU want other people's money so that YOU can call in the Purpose Driven Cult STAFF so that you can PRETEND WORK all week and make the simpletons think you are an EVANGELISTS: something like a "located traveling salesman" with no requirement to make sales.

Here is what all recorded history calls DEFILED RELIGION:

Lenski, Commentary

"Each member is to deposit WITH HIMSELF each Sunday the amount of his gift for that week and preserve it as a store or treasure. The participle completes the idea of the main verb: 'let him lay by by treasuring up'

"...Each member is to keep the growing amount 'BY HIM,' IN HIS OWN HOME and is NOT to deposit it with the church at once. The probable reason for this advice is the fact that at this early date the churches supervised by Paul were not yet organized to the extent of having official treasurers..."

Albert Barnes

"Let him lay up AT HOME, treasuring up as he has been prospered. The Greek phrase, 'by himself,' means, probably, the same as at home. Let him set it apart; let him designate a certain portion; let him do this by himself, when he is at home, when he can calmly look at the evidence of his prosperity."

Foy E. Wallace a conservative preacher

"Money is not sacramental and giving is not a sacrament to be 'instituted' alongside the Lord's Supper as 'a part of the worship.' It was not so instituted in the New Testament and had no such place in any New Testament church. It simply belongs to the duty of liberality, performed daily as a temporary practice of the first church at Jerusalem, in Acts 2 and Acts 4:37--and it was later ordered by Paul in Galatian and Corinthian churches for convenience and dispatch, as a ready means to an end...(it does not) mean that giving is an institution of worship beside the Lord's Supper for which thanks should be offered." (Wallace, The Gospel for Today, p. 554).

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 4th, 2014, 11:58 am #5

You seem to get the hives when you talk about "SANGING."

Ken, You said:
"And do not get my mind scrambled with "sanging." "

Can you readily admit that you have never sung a capella in any worship service?

Straight yes or no would be sufficient (devoid of fleecing, pan goat visitation, various forms of direct slander, usual slanderous diatribe, etc., etc.)

Bill
Bill

June 4th, 2014, 3:37 pm #6

We've already established that singing hymns in the assembly to praise God is not sinful. So why do some folks find congregational hymn-singing so objectionable, or as they say, "sanging"?

June 4th, 2014, 3:55 pm #7

You seem to get the hives when you talk about "SANGING."

Ken, You said:
"And do not get my mind scrambled with "sanging." "

Can you readily admit that you have never sung a capella in any worship service?

Straight yes or no would be sufficient (devoid of fleecing, pan goat visitation, various forms of direct slander, usual slanderous diatribe, etc., etc.)
Yes: Until my voice, ears and mind became scrambled and I finally caught on.

My kids insisted that I buy hearing aids: the best investment I ever made. When the sanging and shouting and baptizing front row with spit began I could PLUG EM IN AND TURN EM OFF! When that no longer worked I retreated to the couch in the foyer with a bunch of other people.

My doctor says STOP "sanging" in Church trying to perform (legalism) my part OR we can do vocal cord surgery and I doubt that will help.

My right ear began to rattle when the sanging got too loud and it can never get fixed. Buy you some hearing aids, plug em in and turn em off BEFORE the "worship leader" tips you toward the Lake of Fire.

OSHA could put most churches turned to performance ACappella (the gender-falsetto-thingy) in jail for what the surgeon general called Decibel Poisoning.

The Coup de grâce was mercifully administered by a Harding Chorus making me break out in a cold sweat with a panic attack just before I was to perform the LITURGICAL ACT of signing off with announcements and closing PRAYER -- Yes, I know the LAW is to SANG a hymn and GO OUT. I like that better: we can then come back next year, same time.

I GOT OUT just before the Purpose Driven Cult invasion: a deacon said he saw a demon walking in and went home and shortly died. The Stepford Elderesses spread the news in a forum that ken sublett was the cause of all of the trouble and servantforhim I think jumped in with the news that ken was the town drunk: Ken was far, far away on his hermitage and will never do ACappella again unless the funeral home is busy. Turning youself OUT of the New Style Praise singing (most conservatives) is a lot cheaper and a lot more spiritual than turning yourself INTO the mental ward. That may be the only way to get the time and serenity to become a Disciple of the WORD which is the one-piece pattern of a REAL church of Christ. I listen to the adult version of the Jimmy Swaggart singers a bit and Shepherd's Chapel program which may be the only people on the face of the earth who understands the direct command to PREACH the Word by READING the Word. Then, you can tune out their bad theology. You would be surprized how enlightening and comforting it is to hear the WHOLE text read as the Synagogue pattern Jesus endorsed. If little jimmy jump up and singy-clappy sally bring you to a Vineyard, wineskin climax God plugs up your ears and pokes out your eyes: and that is the PURPOSE DRIVING the latter day slants spewing out of the once-Bible colleges.

My doctor told me "don't you go to that dangerous place again, my biggest customers are preachers whom I enable with lorazepam to stop puking while preaching."

If you become a Christian or Disciple you will know that Jesus died to ELIMINATE the laded burden and burden laders. However, not-APT elders do not want you to define a LADED BURDEN so Jesus gave us the internet to do an end run.

From the jungle onward (Jubal, Jabal, Tubal-Cain, Naamaah) evil people knew that they could HURT you with music long enough to steal your sheep. That's Hermes (Mercury, Kairos) story just out of his cradle inventing a lyre to cause Apollo (Abaddon, Apollon's) cows to WALK BACKWARD so that they could not be found. The ANIMALS in the Bible are explained by ancient writers in The Book of Enoch: I told you that the BEAST are "new style musical performers with Satyric drama): that's the PAN parable. You go back and watch that favorite preacher of yours wearing his stunning outfit debating with three empty chairs and you will see the VISUAL AID Jesus sent us.

June 4th, 2014, 7:53 pm #8

We've already established that singing hymns in the assembly to praise God is not sinful. So why do some folks find congregational hymn-singing so objectionable, or as they say, "sanging"?
Because the theologians say that God COMMANDED CONGREGATIONAL SINGING. And they take the liberties to say that the command is to

Sing congregationally that which NOT WRITTEN and that says MELODY but it really commands HARMONY with four different groups singing four different sets of words at four different times to four different tunes. And it doesn't matter what we SANG because there is a LAW OF SANGING.

And the people who rise to the next level of incompetency say, HAY it says make melody so it Paul REALLY said if Paul was as smart as we that Paul commanded

SINGING to yourselves in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs
SINGING and making melody ON A HARP to the admiring audience.

It may not be a sin not to be able to read black text on white paper: Paul says that is a MARK or SIGN that you have not been converted to CHRIST Who commanded you to teach what HE commanded to be taught.

A disciple never measures himself by himself but asks: What does the text mean even if I have to get an honest job and repent of being a prostitute selling my own body and persona speaking MY OWN silly rhetoric, singing, playing instruments, acting, dancing, shouting, clapping, hugging and kissing.

You are wasting your time treating God with contempt by saying that THERE AIN'T NO LAW again' it. If there is no command, example or remote inference of God calling the godly people out of their REST for congregational singing with or without instruments you might wonder why it is such a popular thing to boast about being lawless or SELF-willed. If you say that "I got the liberty" knowing that you are intentionally offending tens of thousands then it is not a crown God has predestined for you but a MILLSTONE.

Just do what you gonna do but quit lying about the Word.

Sarge
Sarge

June 4th, 2014, 9:31 pm #9

Ken, thanks for being honest. I've suspected for a long time that you did not condone vocal tuneful CONGREGATIONAL SINGING. We all have opinions and we need to be more tolerant and respectful of each other.

Bill
Bill

June 4th, 2014, 10:49 pm #10

Because the theologians say that God COMMANDED CONGREGATIONAL SINGING. And they take the liberties to say that the command is to

Sing congregationally that which NOT WRITTEN and that says MELODY but it really commands HARMONY with four different groups singing four different sets of words at four different times to four different tunes. And it doesn't matter what we SANG because there is a LAW OF SANGING.

And the people who rise to the next level of incompetency say, HAY it says make melody so it Paul REALLY said if Paul was as smart as we that Paul commanded

SINGING to yourselves in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs
SINGING and making melody ON A HARP to the admiring audience.

It may not be a sin not to be able to read black text on white paper: Paul says that is a MARK or SIGN that you have not been converted to CHRIST Who commanded you to teach what HE commanded to be taught.

A disciple never measures himself by himself but asks: What does the text mean even if I have to get an honest job and repent of being a prostitute selling my own body and persona speaking MY OWN silly rhetoric, singing, playing instruments, acting, dancing, shouting, clapping, hugging and kissing.

You are wasting your time treating God with contempt by saying that THERE AIN'T NO LAW again' it. If there is no command, example or remote inference of God calling the godly people out of their REST for congregational singing with or without instruments you might wonder why it is such a popular thing to boast about being lawless or SELF-willed. If you say that "I got the liberty" knowing that you are intentionally offending tens of thousands then it is not a crown God has predestined for you but a MILLSTONE.

Just do what you gonna do but quit lying about the Word.
Once again, it has been established that congregational hymn-singing is not sinful. Therefore a person's persistent objections to such singing arise from his personal biases, not from anything written in the Scriptures.