Anonymous
Anonymous

June 6th, 2014, 2:41 am #31

Ken. you have SANG unaccompanied non-instrumental congregational singing before, and whether or not you agree with the term being called ACapella, a cappela, and that STILL makes you a hypocrite.

Repent or not, the only thing worse than a hypocrite is one who mocks God and His Word.

ull Definition of A CAPPELLA
: without instrumental accompaniment

Your chapel or choir definition is not what the word currently means within the church of Christ realm....but you knew that already. The chapel/choir definition probably comes from the equally vile rubbish that you have concocted from your mind and man's history. That is why you need something other than the Word of God to back your theorems. 'Speak that which is written."--> RIGHT!!! Refer back to my thoughts on those who mock the Word of God.

Sarge
Sarge

June 6th, 2014, 2:43 am #32

Ken doesn't DO preferences: He quotes the Bible and has stopped long long ago from trying to use the WORD to make up preferences. If you obey the direct command by Christ from the wildernes onward you can PREACH the WORD by READING the word for Comfort and Doctrine. Then everyone can PREFERENCE for the other 167 hours during the week. We can read and mutually confess "that which is written for our learning" in the parking lot and skip the tithes and offerings.

YOU can do what U gotta do and Ken will be at home protecting his voice and ears. We get to answer one by one and not by flocks of goats.

If you NEED Bible authority then you don't get preferences. My 95.5 year old mother thought that SANGING was the greatest thing in the world. She was 'titled.

If you would like to think about the Word and stop worrying about ken he would be eternally grateful and can back off the meds!

Donnie, I submitted a post today about "Preferences". It has been about 10 hours ago. Ken (with his look ahead ability) kinda gave a small response (about 7 hours ago) to let me know he had read my post. My post has not yet been published.

Donnie, I have always thought you were a good moderator. However, I will not tolerate this lack of moderation any more. Just tell me if I need to leave.

June 6th, 2014, 3:07 am #33

There I go again: I have to repent. No, I have never sang ACappella. We have noted that Keith and a few others INVENTED that term and we have posted a definition.

Nor have I ever sung "a capella". Caper or capella is the Sistine Chapel and I have noted that the Pope bumped his FALSETTO team in favor of a castrated team of French Opra singers. Until about 1911 it was still unlawful to use the organ in the only official Mass in the Sistine.

The modern praise singers are vocally emasculated and It has been reported that the lose their manly voice. I don't think that gender certified people can do praise singing: the masses know by instinct and show up next appointed hour as "empty pews."

ACappella is a word used to HIDE the history of the castrated team of men singing ORGANUM or after the pipe organ and NOT after the chapel. They banditos have used the ACappella term to confuse people who engage in congregational singing. Congregational singing WITHOUT instruments are not "a cappella" in the original sense.

I am sorry to hear that you are an ACappella Fella!

In late antiquity and in the early middle ages the (scholae cantorum) or chant schools attached to the cathedrals in Rome and in the great provincial cities were also the important centers of learning and music.

During this period the Roman chant school proved the great training ground for future popes and Saint Gregory the Great was among its most illustrious alumni. Besides music, it provided instruction in literature and philosophy and like the Ecclesiastical Academy (papal school of diplomacy) in our own time, served as the great training center of popes and Roman curialists.

A change in the Roman (schola cantorum) came about as a result of the Avignonese papacy or Babylonian Captivity as Luther called it. Whilst living in France the popes engaged French musicians who employed the (ars nova) or new polyphonic style. Pope Gregory XI (1370-1378), born Pierre Roger de Beaufort, bore a blue bend within a border of six red roses on a silver field.

When he ended the Babylonian Captivity by returning the papacy to Rome in 1377, he merged his group of French musicians with the (schola cantorum) which had remained in Rome.

As a result thereafter the papal singers, called the (collegio dei cappellani cantori della cappella pontificia), now expanded their repertoire to include polyphony as well as plainchant.

The fifteenth and sixteenth centuries proved a remarkable period in the choir's history: Its golden age lasted until the mid seventh century. Pope Sixtus IV (1471-1484), a Della Rovere who bore their uprooted golden oak on a blue field, founded the Sistine chapel as the fixed abode for ordinary papal ceremonies and ended the traditional peregrinations of the popes and their retinues to the various stational churches of Rome.

As a result his musicians came to be known popularly after the chapel in which they sang and so became the Sistine choir. The choir was the patronage of music.

Among the choir's founders may be noted two of its great lawgivers, Paul III (1534- 1549) and Sixtus V (1585-1590). In his bull, (Roma capta) of 1545, the former reformed the choir after the devastating sack of Rome in 1527 providing firm footings for its glory to come. This Farnese pope bore six blue fleurs de lys on a gold field.

Sixtus V made the office of (maestro di cappella) elective and thus released it from the toils of nepotism and venality which engulfed so many ecclesiastical offices during the early modern period.

Sixtus also fixed the number of the singers at 21 and assigned to them for their support the revenues of three abbeys.

This important act regularized the finances of the choir. Candidates for the choir had to be clerks in minor orders and, after an audition, were selected by the maestro with the advice of the (maior et sanior pars) of the choir.

At the admission ceremony the new member was clothed with a (cotta) (shortened form of surplice) and took an oath of fidelity to the pope.

Thereafter the singer would sing exclusively for the pope and "moonlighting" was strictly forbidden.

June 6th, 2014, 3:33 am #34

Since Ken says that he "quotes the Bible" and since the Bible says nothing that condemns all vocal music in the assembly, then Ken should rejoice that has no basis with which to condemn all vocal music (just in case he was leaning in that direction).
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Yes, Bill, Ken quotes the Bible more than many of the preachers and teachers around -- conservative or liberal. In addition, he has history on his side.

"ALL VOCAL MUSIC." Guess what, Bill. I did a search in this thread on "all vocal" and found that expression 6 times [as of this writing] -- all coming from your [Bill's] posts. I did a search in this thread on "all vocal music" -- all 6 times from your posts, Bill. That tells me that you just may not be paying real attention to details.

There is a colossal difference between: "vocal music" and "ALL vocal music."

Now, concerning "vocal music," it depends on what the [normal female: illustrated below] VOCAL CORDS EMIT:

[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Vocal music becomes an issue:

1. When the emphasis is on the ("TUNEFUL") music rather than the message
2. When it is PERFORMED [esp. when applause follows]
3. When the message is devoid of "the word of Christ."

Bill, there may be something distorted about your perception of "vocal music" versus "ALL vocal music."[/color]

June 6th, 2014, 3:45 am #35

Ken. you have SANG unaccompanied non-instrumental congregational singing before, and whether or not you agree with the term being called ACapella, a cappela, and that STILL makes you a hypocrite.

Repent or not, the only thing worse than a hypocrite is one who mocks God and His Word.

ull Definition of A CAPPELLA
: without instrumental accompaniment

Your chapel or choir definition is not what the word currently means within the church of Christ realm....but you knew that already. The chapel/choir definition probably comes from the equally vile rubbish that you have concocted from your mind and man's history. That is why you need something other than the Word of God to back your theorems. 'Speak that which is written."--> RIGHT!!! Refer back to my thoughts on those who mock the Word of God.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave, please do your own research on the history of "a cappella" ... and let us know soon.

Ken, another post regarding "a [real] hypocrite" may be necessary ... with illustration.[/color]

June 6th, 2014, 4:06 am #36

Donnie said "Sin? Dave, I would leave that to "the righteous Judge"!"

You sound like your president Obama and his liberal cohorts.

Got the Word of God to tell you what is right and wrong, but still you don't want "to judge" anyone.

You bespeak the homosexual agenda that if God is Love and He loves everyone then how could two men or two women "in love" be wrong.

So be afraid to use the Sword, the Word, to tell people the difference between right and wrong, but not me.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

We know very well about the change agents in the "brotherhood" and their progressive (liberal) agenda for any church of Christ they're trying to transition or convert to Community Church-ism. The change agents' religious ideologies are comparable to those of Barack, Harry and Nancy -- the awesome threesome. By the way, Barack is their president. [/color]

June 6th, 2014, 4:13 am #37

Dave, Ken said he wanted me to think more about the Word and stop worrying about him so he could "back off the meds." Since you also challenge Ken quite a bit, he would probably have the same "advice" for you. Of course, when a person who "quotes the Bible" leaves the impression that he is saying more than what the Bible says or that he does not agree with what the Bible says, it's only natural to challenge that person's beliefs.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I worry about your impression or perception, Bill.

I would like to publish a challenging discourse between you and Dave about instrumental music.

"To think more about the Word..." is a great advice. Please accept it.[/color]

Bill
Bill

June 6th, 2014, 4:19 am #38

Yes, focusing more on what is actually written in the Word than what Ken writes is good advice. If only he would do the same...

June 6th, 2014, 4:28 am #39

Donnie, thanks for sharing your preference on vocal tuneful "Congregational Singing". Some may want it and some may not. I think we need to give Ken plenty of room, "preference" may very well be a new concept for him.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Not quite, Sarge.

I do preferences when I go shopping. [/color]

Sarge
Sarge

June 6th, 2014, 5:00 am #40

Ken SHIT in your nest. Preferences would now have to include IM. It's over. Goodbye.