Anonymous
Anonymous

June 5th, 2014, 1:21 pm #21

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Sorry, Dave (Servant), you're speaking of a cappella as defined today whereas Ken is speaking of a cappella based on its historical origin. When you reach a point of understanding the historical background of a cappella, you will appreciate that knowledge.

When you defend the use of instrumental music in the assembly of New Testament saints, you defend just as well (or perhaps even more) the "worship team" performing on stage. You're loving the performances [don't you?] because it is "a cappella" as defined by you. Can you hardly wait when your "a cappella Praise Team" and muscial instruments perform together?

Sin? Dave, I would leave that to "the righteous Judge"![/color]
Donnie said "Sin? Dave, I would leave that to "the righteous Judge"!"

You sound like your president Obama and his liberal cohorts.

Got the Word of God to tell you what is right and wrong, but still you don't want "to judge" anyone.

You bespeak the homosexual agenda that if God is Love and He loves everyone then how could two men or two women "in love" be wrong.

So be afraid to use the Sword, the Word, to tell people the difference between right and wrong, but not me.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 5th, 2014, 3:31 pm #22

Yes: Until my voice, ears and mind became scrambled and I finally caught on.

My kids insisted that I buy hearing aids: the best investment I ever made. When the sanging and shouting and baptizing front row with spit began I could PLUG EM IN AND TURN EM OFF! When that no longer worked I retreated to the couch in the foyer with a bunch of other people.

My doctor says STOP "sanging" in Church trying to perform (legalism) my part OR we can do vocal cord surgery and I doubt that will help.

My right ear began to rattle when the sanging got too loud and it can never get fixed. Buy you some hearing aids, plug em in and turn em off BEFORE the "worship leader" tips you toward the Lake of Fire.

OSHA could put most churches turned to performance ACappella (the gender-falsetto-thingy) in jail for what the surgeon general called Decibel Poisoning.

The Coup de grâce was mercifully administered by a Harding Chorus making me break out in a cold sweat with a panic attack just before I was to perform the LITURGICAL ACT of signing off with announcements and closing PRAYER -- Yes, I know the LAW is to SANG a hymn and GO OUT. I like that better: we can then come back next year, same time.

I GOT OUT just before the Purpose Driven Cult invasion: a deacon said he saw a demon walking in and went home and shortly died. The Stepford Elderesses spread the news in a forum that ken sublett was the cause of all of the trouble and servantforhim I think jumped in with the news that ken was the town drunk: Ken was far, far away on his hermitage and will never do ACappella again unless the funeral home is busy. Turning youself OUT of the New Style Praise singing (most conservatives) is a lot cheaper and a lot more spiritual than turning yourself INTO the mental ward. That may be the only way to get the time and serenity to become a Disciple of the WORD which is the one-piece pattern of a REAL church of Christ. I listen to the adult version of the Jimmy Swaggart singers a bit and Shepherd's Chapel program which may be the only people on the face of the earth who understands the direct command to PREACH the Word by READING the Word. Then, you can tune out their bad theology. You would be surprized how enlightening and comforting it is to hear the WHOLE text read as the Synagogue pattern Jesus endorsed. If little jimmy jump up and singy-clappy sally bring you to a Vineyard, wineskin climax God plugs up your ears and pokes out your eyes: and that is the PURPOSE DRIVING the latter day slants spewing out of the once-Bible colleges.

My doctor told me "don't you go to that dangerous place again, my biggest customers are preachers whom I enable with lorazepam to stop puking while preaching."

If you become a Christian or Disciple you will know that Jesus died to ELIMINATE the laded burden and burden laders. However, not-APT elders do not want you to define a LADED BURDEN so Jesus gave us the internet to do an end run.

From the jungle onward (Jubal, Jabal, Tubal-Cain, Naamaah) evil people knew that they could HURT you with music long enough to steal your sheep. That's Hermes (Mercury, Kairos) story just out of his cradle inventing a lyre to cause Apollo (Abaddon, Apollon's) cows to WALK BACKWARD so that they could not be found. The ANIMALS in the Bible are explained by ancient writers in The Book of Enoch: I told you that the BEAST are "new style musical performers with Satyric drama): that's the PAN parable. You go back and watch that favorite preacher of yours wearing his stunning outfit debating with three empty chairs and you will see the VISUAL AID Jesus sent us.
Ken said "...and will never do ACappella again unless the funeral home is busy."

Ken, "AGAIN" means that, once upon a time, you DID SANG. So that makes you a full-fledged hypocrite.

You talk about your church in the wilderness and the hallels and the singing not being a musical note, but YET....you SANG. You talk one thing, but you walk a different walk. I

Ken needs help again Donnie.....got a good cover story? You can always talk about the praise teams now (even though you know that isn't what we are talking about here), or me supporting instrumental music (which I never have), and then end with your endless diatribe of Roman Catholic worship of Mary and the Trinity.....but best of all....tell everyone about the addle elder that I am (which I am not presently serving as an elder).

Donnie, you know how bad you look and why I can pass judgement on your anti-Christ notions? You KNEW that I am not an elder, because you mentioned here before that you had seen on our website about the leadership team, YET, for un-Christlike demeanor, you asked me again about my position as an elder.....why???...only for one reason.....SLANDER.

You and Ken do well together.

Edit and delay time.

Sarge
Sarge

June 5th, 2014, 4:10 pm #23

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Sorry, Dave (Servant), you're speaking of a cappella as defined today whereas Ken is speaking of a cappella based on its historical origin. When you reach a point of understanding the historical background of a cappella, you will appreciate that knowledge.

When you defend the use of instrumental music in the assembly of New Testament saints, you defend just as well (or perhaps even more) the "worship team" performing on stage. You're loving the performances [don't you?] because it is "a cappella" as defined by you. Can you hardly wait when your "a cappella Praise Team" and muscial instruments perform together?

Sin? Dave, I would leave that to "the righteous Judge"![/color]

Donnie, thanks for sharing your preference on vocal tuneful "Congregational Singing". Some may want it and some may not. I think we need to give Ken plenty of room, "preference" may very well be a new concept for him.

June 5th, 2014, 4:32 pm #24

Yes: Until my voice, ears and mind became scrambled and I finally caught on.

My kids insisted that I buy hearing aids: the best investment I ever made. When the sanging and shouting and baptizing front row with spit began I could PLUG EM IN AND TURN EM OFF! When that no longer worked I retreated to the couch in the foyer with a bunch of other people.

My doctor says STOP "sanging" in Church trying to perform (legalism) my part OR we can do vocal cord surgery and I doubt that will help.

My right ear began to rattle when the sanging got too loud and it can never get fixed. Buy you some hearing aids, plug em in and turn em off BEFORE the "worship leader" tips you toward the Lake of Fire.

OSHA could put most churches turned to performance ACappella (the gender-falsetto-thingy) in jail for what the surgeon general called Decibel Poisoning.

The Coup de grâce was mercifully administered by a Harding Chorus making me break out in a cold sweat with a panic attack just before I was to perform the LITURGICAL ACT of signing off with announcements and closing PRAYER -- Yes, I know the LAW is to SANG a hymn and GO OUT. I like that better: we can then come back next year, same time.

I GOT OUT just before the Purpose Driven Cult invasion: a deacon said he saw a demon walking in and went home and shortly died. The Stepford Elderesses spread the news in a forum that ken sublett was the cause of all of the trouble and servantforhim I think jumped in with the news that ken was the town drunk: Ken was far, far away on his hermitage and will never do ACappella again unless the funeral home is busy. Turning youself OUT of the New Style Praise singing (most conservatives) is a lot cheaper and a lot more spiritual than turning yourself INTO the mental ward. That may be the only way to get the time and serenity to become a Disciple of the WORD which is the one-piece pattern of a REAL church of Christ. I listen to the adult version of the Jimmy Swaggart singers a bit and Shepherd's Chapel program which may be the only people on the face of the earth who understands the direct command to PREACH the Word by READING the Word. Then, you can tune out their bad theology. You would be surprized how enlightening and comforting it is to hear the WHOLE text read as the Synagogue pattern Jesus endorsed. If little jimmy jump up and singy-clappy sally bring you to a Vineyard, wineskin climax God plugs up your ears and pokes out your eyes: and that is the PURPOSE DRIVING the latter day slants spewing out of the once-Bible colleges.

My doctor told me "don't you go to that dangerous place again, my biggest customers are preachers whom I enable with lorazepam to stop puking while preaching."

If you become a Christian or Disciple you will know that Jesus died to ELIMINATE the laded burden and burden laders. However, not-APT elders do not want you to define a LADED BURDEN so Jesus gave us the internet to do an end run.

From the jungle onward (Jubal, Jabal, Tubal-Cain, Naamaah) evil people knew that they could HURT you with music long enough to steal your sheep. That's Hermes (Mercury, Kairos) story just out of his cradle inventing a lyre to cause Apollo (Abaddon, Apollon's) cows to WALK BACKWARD so that they could not be found. The ANIMALS in the Bible are explained by ancient writers in The Book of Enoch: I told you that the BEAST are "new style musical performers with Satyric drama): that's the PAN parable. You go back and watch that favorite preacher of yours wearing his stunning outfit debating with three empty chairs and you will see the VISUAL AID Jesus sent us.
You remember from the elders aptness that as a result of the Nadab-Abihu stumbling into a "holy place" God slapped the people with the day and need for atonement. He also slapped them with the scapegoat which was their attempt to appease Azazel or the DEVIL. They also added BURNING GOATS with David's loud noise trying to appease Israel the early instrumental sectarians. In Hezekiah's bargan with God they replaced burning INFANTS to the sound of instrumental music "to make the mothers dumb" before the burning with the goats: as soon as Hezekiah--the musicators pattern--they returned to burning infants. The Scapegoat as a meaning of the SORCERERS (speakers, singers, instrument players) in Revelation have been ANATHEMATIZED: they have set themselves up to ADORN the church as their "holy place" and they cannot be redeemed and MUST BE BURNED. Instruments and Burning go together in God's parables to hide from the WISE or Sophists meaning self-speakers, singers and instrument players the WORD, logos or Regulative Principle they TRY to burn along with entertaining the GOATS instead of feeding the LAMBS. Capella was a STAR and the STARS were worshiped then and now and cannot be redeemed and MUST be burned.

It's true: Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees HYPOCRITES and in the Ezekiel model by Christ He named slick speakers for hire (a hireling is hired), singers, instrument players or actors. You can be a recovering HYPOCRITE. Here is the PANISH son in the bosom of your father.

June 5th, 2014, 5:04 pm #25

It is undisputed that many musicians who are able to confuse their gender become popular. The "wannabe" is attested by the Spirit of Christ who identified the KING of Tyre with Lucifer "the singing and harp-playing prostitute." We have had posters totally wiped out by the musical performance at place like the Tulsa Workshop not in the hands of the NACC agents. A post notes:

"A more recent, "second meaning of Acappella has emerged". The Contemporary Christian group Acappella is the first formed by prolific songwriter Keith Lancaster. In the early 1990's he added Acappella Vocal Band (now mostly known as AVB) and "Acappella: The Series" which uses studio singers (plus LOTS of electronic help) to perform songs around specific themes. All of these efforts are now combined in The Acappella Company. The good news is they have sold millions of recordings and have contributed greatly to the awareness of a cappella. The bad news is they have popularized a spelling variation, and through the heavy use of electronically manipulated voice (which can sound like any other synthesized instrument) have chipped away at the idea of singing without instruments.

Why "Primarily" A Cappella?

Singing without instruments comes in many shapes and sizes. One of the attractions for artists is the nearly unlimited pallet the voice provides. The same singer can sound sultry and sexy one minute, cold and machine-like the next, then change to a trumpet, and morph again to a soft harmonic background "ooooh."

In short, a cappella enables "out of the box" music - art that defies singular categorization.

It's not surprising, then, that the artists who create breathtaking, out of the box a cappella performances sometimes want to add instruments. The vocal pallet does have some limitations, after all. We endorse artistic creativity, and so we include recordings that include accompanied songs along with a cappella performances

THIS IS OF BIBLICAL PORTION: Capella was the STAR of Babylon and probably the Star of David.

Musaeus relates that Jupiter, when fighting against the Titans, used the hide of this goat as a shield, from which circumstance he is called by the poets shield-bearer.79 Thus, whatever was done in concealing the boy, that also is done by way of representation in the sacred rites. Moreover, the mystery of his mother also contains the same story which Ovid sets forth in the Fasti:-

"Now the lofty Ida resounds with tinklings, that the boy may cry in safety with infant mouth. Some strike their shields with stakes, some beat their empty helmets. This is the employment of the Curetes, this of the Corybantes.

The matter was concealed, and imitations of the ancient deed remain; the attendant goddesses shake instruments of brass, and hoarse hides. Instead of helmets they strike cymbals, and drums instead of shields; the flute gives Phrygian strains, as it gave before."

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on June 5th, 2014, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

June 5th, 2014, 5:54 pm #26

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Yes, you were addressing Ken -- I knew that. But I'm a poster, too, I think.

No one here is opposed to "ANY AND ALL" vocal music. You ... misunderstanding the very detailed historical info regarding "music in the church"? Very possibly!!!

Audible singing is vocal. It would really be something if "musical worship" were led by a female opera singer with a microphone, wouldn't it?

Vocal music certainly delivers some kind of a message. When the message in vocal music is devoid of "the word of Christ" that is to "dwell in us richly," would you love it or would you oppose it?

What about when the message is lost in the extraordinary musical composition of the (oh -- the extremely complex but beautifully "tuneful") song?[/color]
Donnie, you stated that "no one here is opposed to any and all vocal music" in the assembly. That would be good if it were true, but I'm really not sure that Ken fully agrees with you. Ken has persistently condemned something, and his condemnation has left at least Dave, Sarge, and me (and possibly many other readers) with the distinct impression that Ken opposes ALL vocal music in the assembly.

We should oppose any vocal music that showcases the performers and that does not glorify God. Ken's opposition, however, seems to go beyond that.

If it is possible, perhaps Ken could put aside his references to goats, mythology, and the starry host for one moment, take a stand, and concisely tell us either, "Yes, I oppose all vocal music in the assembly" OR "No, I don't oppose vocal music in the assembly as long as it glorifies God," then (maybe?) we could put the matter to rest.

June 5th, 2014, 6:25 pm #27

Ken doesn't DO preferences: He quotes the Bible and has stopped long long ago from trying to use the WORD to make up preferences. If you obey the direct command by Christ from the wildernes onward you can PREACH the WORD by READING the word for Comfort and Doctrine. Then everyone can PREFERENCE for the other 167 hours during the week. We can read and mutually confess "that which is written for our learning" in the parking lot and skip the tithes and offerings.

YOU can do what U gotta do and Ken will be at home protecting his voice and ears. We get to answer one by one and not by flocks of goats.

If you NEED Bible authority then you don't get preferences. My 95.5 year old mother thought that SANGING was the greatest thing in the world. She was 'titled.

If you would like to think about the Word and stop worrying about ken he would be eternally grateful and can back off the meds!

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on June 5th, 2014, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

June 5th, 2014, 6:54 pm #28

Since Ken says that he "quotes the Bible" and since the Bible says nothing that condemns all vocal music in the assembly, then Ken should rejoice that has no basis with which to condemn all vocal music (just in case he was leaning in that direction).

Bill
Bill

June 6th, 2014, 12:54 am #29

Ken said "...and will never do ACappella again unless the funeral home is busy."

Ken, "AGAIN" means that, once upon a time, you DID SANG. So that makes you a full-fledged hypocrite.

You talk about your church in the wilderness and the hallels and the singing not being a musical note, but YET....you SANG. You talk one thing, but you walk a different walk. I

Ken needs help again Donnie.....got a good cover story? You can always talk about the praise teams now (even though you know that isn't what we are talking about here), or me supporting instrumental music (which I never have), and then end with your endless diatribe of Roman Catholic worship of Mary and the Trinity.....but best of all....tell everyone about the addle elder that I am (which I am not presently serving as an elder).

Donnie, you know how bad you look and why I can pass judgement on your anti-Christ notions? You KNEW that I am not an elder, because you mentioned here before that you had seen on our website about the leadership team, YET, for un-Christlike demeanor, you asked me again about my position as an elder.....why???...only for one reason.....SLANDER.

You and Ken do well together.

Edit and delay time.
Dave, Ken said he wanted me to think more about the Word and stop worrying about him so he could "back off the meds." Since you also challenge Ken quite a bit, he would probably have the same "advice" for you. Of course, when a person who "quotes the Bible" leaves the impression that he is saying more than what the Bible says or that he does not agree with what the Bible says, it's only natural to challenge that person's beliefs.

June 6th, 2014, 1:04 am #30

Pure Religion insists on IMPURE worship.

http://www.piney.com/Pure.Religion.and. ... rship.html

When we SPEAK we are commanded to speak the ORACLES OF GOD: the Word only. However, when we serve (on our own) we are to use the talent we have. That defines the two arenas of the believer's life.

The Church or Assembly in all of its Biblical descriptions met once a week: that was enough if you are a Christian group and listen to and learn the Word of God (only). History notes that people learned a "lection" or portion of Scripture by SPEAKING it and MEDITATING in the heart. The people went back to their regular lives and the plowman or the housewife could SPEAK TO THEMSELVES a whole Psalm (for learning) or what Jesus COMMANDED to be taught. The well known scholar and publisher George DeHoff said that he came home from school, changed into his work clothes, went out to plow and SANG his lesson all day. What will your disciples take home with them?

In the paganism of Spiritual Formation including Lectio Divina from the Mother church you are to read JUST ENOUGH of the Bible to get that magic word. Then you are to enter into centering prayer (witchcraft) and a spirit person will give you the TRUE message from God. However, lectio was used of the LECTIONS or the Portions of Scripture which were used as a teaching platform. Divina contrary to being sorcery is the DIVINE WORD so that the Word is PREACHED by being READ and what God wants you to know comes only through His gift of the "organs" of light and sound.

James limited PURE RELIGION to that arena where we served beyond the 'token' ministry of an institution. By definition, there must be and IMPURE RELIGION. IMPURE is what is called WORSHIP SERVICES where the LAWS of Rhetoric, singing, playing or acting are USED: this is the only meaning of LEGALISM. The Assembly is where the communication path is FROM God TO the disciples: this is the Bible's definition of Worship. If you get angry when RELIGION is defined then too bad.

There I go again: I have to repent. No, I have never sang ACappella. We have noted that Keith and a few others INVENTED that term and we have posted a definition.

Nor have I ever sung "a capella". Caper or capella is the Sistine Chapel and I have noted that the Pope bumped his FALSETTO team in favor of a castrated team of French Opra singers. Until about 1911 it was still unlawful to use the organ in the only official Mass in the Sistine.

The modern praise singers are vocally emasculated and It has been reported that the lose their manly voice. I don't think that gender certified people can do praise singing: the masses know by instinct and show up next appointed hour as "empty pews."

ACappella is a word used to HIDE the history of the castrated team of men singing ORGANUM or after the pipe organ and NOT after the chapel. They banditos have used the ACappella term to confuse people who engage in congregational singing. Congregational singing WITHOUT instruments are not "a cappella" in the original sense.

I am sorry to hear that you are an ACappella Fella!