Posting Without Entering a Name

Posting Without Entering a Name

December 6th, 2014, 7:54 pm #1

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Network54 has provided options for its fora ... including:

/Forum/150389 (ConcernedMembers: Madison).

One of the options is concerning the author's name of a post, which is not to be confused with the LOGIN user-ID.

Possible default values suggested if the name is not entered:

1. Anonymous [it has been this usually]
2. Anonymous Coward [a good one: it hasn't been tried]
3. Guest [courteous, but a regular poster is hardly a guest]
4. A blank value means that posters will not be able to post without entering a name.

For now we've chosen #4. I've tested this option, even though I already had a login ID, by leaving "Your Name" blank.

The setup got ME!!!

This message was issued: "Warning - Can not post this message. Author name required."

A full name or a given name (Deshaun, Solidad, Annie, James, Rob) or a word (Confused, Justice, Torn, etc.) should suffice.[/color]

B
B

December 8th, 2014, 4:45 pm #2

testing..

<:~~~
<:~~~

December 8th, 2014, 4:49 pm #3

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Network54 has provided options for its fora ... including:

One of the options is concerning the author's name of a post, which is not to be confused with the LOGIN user-ID.

4. A blank value means that posters will not be able to post without entering a name.

For now we've chosen #4. I've tested this option, even though I already had a login ID, by leaving "Your Name" blank.

The setup got ME!!!

This message was issued: "Warning - Can not post this message. Author name required."

A full name or a given name (Deshaun, Solidad, Annie, James, Rob) or a word (Confused, Justice, Torn, etc.) should suffice.[/color]
testing...

December 9th, 2014, 3:52 am #4

testing..
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Justice, your test worked. But "B" already belongs to someone else, you know. And "B" may be a martial artist and able to restructure your anatomy easily.

Let us know what happens when you post without entering your name. See if you get the same message I did when I tested earlier.[/color]

December 9th, 2014, 3:57 am #5

testing...
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Justice, I remember that symbol. I like[d] "Sarge"; I like[d] "Coach; etc.

Thanks for testing.[/color]

December 9th, 2014, 4:54 pm #6

The setup got ME!!!

Justice
Justice

December 9th, 2014, 6:19 pm #7

When it gets down to just Ken and me it tends to get nasty. I won't let him spoil my blessing. Merry Christmas to all. I'll see y'all next year.