Post modern preaching and teaching strategy

March 5th, 2012, 8:34 pm #1

THe same thing that was authorized in the first century should be the strategy of the 21st century. Consider that the Holy Spirit has as a purpose the convincing of the world of sin, righteousness and judgement in Acts 16. This is further demonstrated by preaching in Acts 2 and teaching in Acts 24 where the truth was fearlessly presented. Consider that there is no place in the new testament where placate the church in line with current culture is presented as an example to follow. Peter was withstood to his face for following culture over the word in Galatians 2.

Consider further the Teaching of the spirit in Like 8 where the seed of the Kingdom is stated to be the word of God. How dare we co-mingle the word of God with psychological thought of our time. God wants the pure seed - the word of God to harvest and grow a crop of pure christians. God ordained his word to bring salvation on the terms stated in Isaiah 55. There is no promise of God for psychology, mind control or other wisdom of men regarding salvation. We should be teaching the pure seed of the kingdom of God!

There is a sobering statement in John 12 that the word will judge us in the end. It doesn't say the ideas and values found on television, radio or in the many venues of the entertainment industry. Consider also the "consensus of religious leaders" is also missing from John 12 as a final judge. Reading through the gospels this should be striking to our mind that the "religious" leaders of the day were rebuked many times by Jesus. We should want no soul to be misled.

Follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit - use the God given seed to produce the only true christians and remember the ultimate reality is that the word will judge us all for eternity. This is authentic christianity. This is the wisdom of God not the swill of post modern ideas.

If not why not?

March 9th, 2012, 8:00 pm #2

Isn't it amazing that people will MOCK and even hold workshops to reject the notion that God has the right to Command, Example and even Infer for those looking for ways to please God? When they mock "patternism" I like to think of a monkey mocking a human for walking on two feet.

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world,
.... that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not,
....I judge him not:
....for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words,
....hath one that judgeth him:
....the word that I have spoken,
....the same shall judge him in the last day.
John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself;
....but the Father which sent me,
....he gave me a commandment,
....what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting:
....whatsoever I speak therefore,
....even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus as the Son (audible Word)had nothing to say on His own. He only spoke what the Father told Him to speak. This validated his Sonship just as did His Baptism: children obey parents. And yet, the liberal preacher with a degree in liberal arts insists that He has the liberty to fabricate his own sermons barely mentioning Verse 3c.

And yet, "Shall He find faith when He returns?" The answer is "no, almost none." So pity those who have stolen the church houses of widows and then driven them out to make a place in "decent societhy" for performing artists who always amazed and repulsed people at the same time.

Watch those MEGA churches as venues for MEGA MOUTHS to have "for sale signs" outside

Amos 3:15 And I will smite the winter house with the summer house;
....and the houses of ivory shall perish,
....and the great houses shall have an end, saith the LORD.
Amos 5:11 Forasmuch therefore as your treading is upon the poor,
....and ye take from him burdens of wheat:
....ye have built houses of hewn stone,
....but ye shall not dwell in them;
....ye have planted pleasant vineyards,
....but ye shall not drink wine of them.
Amos 5:12 For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins:
....they afflict the just, they take a bribe,
....and they turn aside the poor in the gate from their right.

Amos 5:23 Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs;
....for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.
Amos 5:24 BUT let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 10th, 2012, 6:36 am #3

This is out of context and ignores the authorial intent.