Plato Symposium Homosexuality and the CROOKED Race

June 22nd, 2018, 7:45 pm #1

http://www.piney.com/ClassPlatoSymposium.html

http://www.piney.com/Worship.Androgyny. ... Ideal.html

Plato Protagoras
[347c] But if he does not mind, let us talk no more of poems and verses, but consider the points on which I questioned you at first, Protagoras, and on which I should be glad to reach, with your help, a conclusion.
       For it seems to me that arguing about poetry is comparable to the wine-parties of common market-folk. These people, owing to their inability to carry on a familiar conversation over their wine by means of their own voices and discussions-- 
James A. Towle, Commentary on Plato: Protagoras  Sumposiois: this custom is followed in Xen. Symp. 2. 1 erchetai tis autois epi kômon (revel) Surakosios anthrôpos, echôn te aulêtrida agathên kai orchêstrida (dancing-girl) tôn ta thaumata dunamenôn poiein kai paida panu ge hôraion kai panu kalôs kitharizonta kai orchoumenon. These show their skill during the whole banquet. Plato, however, has the same view as the one here, when he says Symp. 176 e eisêgoumai tên men arti eiselthousan aulêtrida chairein ean, aulousan heautêi, ê an boulêtai tais gunaixi tais endon, hêmas de dia logôn allêlois suneinai to têmero More Symposium
Plato Protagoras [347d] such is their lack of education--put a premium on flute-girls by hiring the extraneous voice of the flute at a high price, and carry on their intercourse by means of its utterance. But where the party consists of thorough gentlemen who have had a proper education, you will see neither flute-girls nor dancing-girls nor harp-girls, but only the company contenting themselves with their own conversation, and none of these fooleries and frolics--each speaking and listening decently in his turn,
au)l-htri/s , i/dos, h(,
A. flute-girl, Simon.178, Ar.Ach.551, X.HG2.2.23, Pl.Prt.347d, BCH6.24 (Delos, ii B. C.), etc.

o)rxhst-ri/s , i/dos, h(,
A. dancing girl, Ar.Ach.1093, Nu.996, Crates Com.27, Metag.4, Pl.Prt.347d : o)rxhstria/des, f.l. for -i/des, Arist. EE1246a35.

ya/l-tria , Psaltria 

A. female harper, Pl.Prt. 347d, Ion Trag.22, Arist.Ath.50.2, Men.319.4, Plu.Caes.10, al.

Silly Talk lh=ros

paid-i/a , Ion. -ih, h(,
A. [select] childhood, = paidei/a 11.1; “e)n paidi/h| kai\ neo/thti” Hp.Prorrh. 2.42; “paidi/as kai\ nhpio/thtos xa/rin” Pl.Lg.808e; childishness, ib. 864d.
e/gw3 
Suneimi: To be joined with, Intercourse is II. to have intercourse with a person, live with hêdonê, desires after pleasure, pleasant lusts, voluptuosus
[347e] even though they may drink a great deal of wine. And so a gathering like this of ours, when it includes such men as most of us claim to be,
     requires no extraneous voices,
     not even of the poets, whom one cannot question
    on the sense of what they say;
when they are adduced in discussion we are generally told by some that the poet thought so and so, and by others, something different,
       and they go on arguing about a matter
      which they are powerless to determine.
      No, this sort of meeting is avoided by men of culture,

[348a] who prefer to converse directly with each other,
       and to use their own way of speech
      in putting one another by turns to the test.
It is this sort of person that I think you
      and I ought rather to imitate; putting the poets aside,
let us hold our discussion together in our own persons,
     making trial of the truth and of ourselves.
So if you wish to question me further,
        I am at your service as answerer;
        but if you like, put yourself at my service,
        so that we may clear up the several points of the inquiry
        in which we stopped half-way.

Lo/gos
Katatithemi katati/qhmi put aside, treat negligently

July 6th, 2018, 11:06 pm #2

The Cave of Treasures:
http://www.piney.com/The.Cave.of.Treasures.html

Moses looked backward close to 3,000 years based on the genealogy based time to write Genesis because the Hebrews had fallen into rising up to PLAY meaning playing noisy instruments and playing with one another. This was the day God ordained for people to REST: Sabbath means REST and was never a day of worship IN the Temple which God never commanded.

Moses was highly educated and understood the history of evil nations which existed long before Genesis 1 and who destroyed the world which God created it NOT IN VAIN. Men like Abraham may have done their school exercises on clay tablets which we can now read and which define the always-perverted nature of people who drag others out of their REST to perform religious ceremonies ALWAYS a sexual based performance.

The Cave of Treasures

And in these years the handicraftsmen of sin, and the disciples of Satan, appeared, for he was their teacher, and he entered in and dwelt in them, and he poured into them the spirit of the operation of error, through which the fall of the children of Seth was to take place.

Of the Transmission of the Art of Playing the Harp, that is to say of Music and Singing and Dancing.
Yôbâl (Jubal) and Tôbalkin (Tubal-Cain), the two brethren, the sons of Lamech, the blind man, who killed Cain, invented and made all kinds of instruments of music.

Jôbâl made reed instruments, and harps, and flutes, and whistles, and the devils went and dwelt inside them. When men blew into the pipes, the devils sang inside them, and sent out sounds from inside them.

Tôbalkîn made Fol. 12a, col. 2 cymbals, and sistra, and tambourines (or drums). And lasciviousness and fornication increased among the children of Cain, and they had nothing to occupy them except fornication--now they had no obligation to pay tribute, and they had neither prince nor governor--and eating, and drinking, and lasciviousness, and drunkenness,
and dancing and singing to instruments of music,

and the wanton sportings of the devils, and the laughter which affordeth pleasure to the devils, and the sounds of the furious lust of men neighing after women. See Enoch and Second Peter

And Satan, finding his opportunity in this work of error, rejoiced greatly, because thereby
he could compel the sons of Seth to come down from that holy mountain.

There they had been made to occupy the place of that army of angels that fell with Satan, there they were beloved by God, there they were held in honour by the angels, and were called "sons of God," even as the blessed David saith in the psalm, "I have said Fol. I b, col. I, Ye are gods, and all of you sons of the Most High." Ps. 82:6

CAIN is said to be OF THAT WICKED ONE and that Eve was wholly seduced.  When Moses wrote he understood the background which religionists refuse to even investigate.
Jubal is said to be the FATHER of those who HANDLE (in a sexual sense without authority) musical.  Father literally means the GENETIC father. Jude referred to the instrumental sexual idolatry at Mount Sinai and warns against anyone who sells their own songs or sermons.

Jude 3  Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation,
      it was needful for me to write unto you,
      and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for THE FAITH which was ONCE delivered unto the saints.

Jude 4 For there are certain men crept in unawares,
      who were before of old ordained to this condemnation,
      ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness,
      and denying the only Lord God,
      AND
      our Lord Jesus Christ.

This includes those who say that Jesus WAS GOD when Jesus say that they BLASPHEM because He always said that He was the SON OF GOD.

Jude 5 I will therefore put you in remembrance,
       though ye once knew this, how that the Lord,
       having saved the people out of the land of Egypt,
       afterward destroyed them that believed not.
Jude 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate,
      but left their own habitation,
      he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jude 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner,
      giving themselves over to fornication,
     and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an EXAMPLE, suffering the vengeance of ETERNAL FIRE

1 Cor. 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

Paizō pais  I. properly, to play like a child, to sport,  alla pepaistai metriōs hēmin, of the chorus, Ar. Th.1227.  4. play on a musical instrument, h.Ap.206: c. acc., “Pan ho kalamophthogga paizōn”   dance and sing, Pi. O.1.16.

Aristoph. Frogs 225
Rightly so, you busybody.
the Muses of the fine lyre love us
And so does horn-crested Pan, playing his reed pipe.
And the harpist Apollon delights in us as well,
On account of the reed, which as a bridge for his lyre

Of course this ALWAYS makes people angry.