Phil Barnes urges 'insanity?'

Phil Barnes urges 'insanity?'

Jimmy Wren
Jimmy Wren

February 28th, 2010, 3:31 pm #1

Phil Barnes affirms the elders authority to DECIDE on using or not using instruments. He says that they have wasted too much time allowing Satan who has WEAPONS keeping them from their task. We will show that all evidence points to Satan as the source and promoter of instruments which, then and now, are held to give off sacred sounds because they have the ability to stimulate all of the LADED BURDEN effects Jesus died to remove.

http://www.piney.com/Phil.Barnes.Madiso ... ments.html

http://www.piney.com/Buck.Dozier.Instru ... hrist.html

I will look first at Wayne Huddleston "proof passage" as one of several reviews of ALL of their scripture passages. No doubt, Buck Dozier is doing all of the thinking as he has from the first massive sowing of discord by adding the "Worship Teams" assuredly one of the vilest ideas since Jesus said that our WORSHIP is IN the place of our perfected spirit as OPPOSED to houses built by human hands.

I will add the JESUS VISION as time permits.

On the Madison Blog site athttp://www.madisoncofc.org/blog/ Phil writes: 'Have an insanely blessed week as you serve the Master and live out Jesus Christ in your life.'

Synonyms for 'insanely are: devilshly, crazily, dementedly and deucedly.

Sounds like strange advice to me!

In Christ,
Jimmy
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on July 1st, 2012, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

March 1st, 2010, 1:41 pm #2

Urging people to have an "insanely blessed week" apparently is an attempt to sound "contemporary" and "cool." Those who watch TV's American Idol will note judge Kara DioGuardi praising some contestants by saying they have "ridiculous chops" or a "ridiculous voice." That's her way of giving the highest praise. It's "contemporary" and "cool." So we shouldn't be surprised if those in the Change Movement imitate the entertainment world by using similarly "cool" expressions in worship.

Jimmy Wren
Jimmy Wren

March 1st, 2010, 11:26 pm #3

Phil writes: 'Have an insanely blessed week as you serve the Master and live out Jesus Christ in your life.'

Christians are to understand that blessings come from God - not Phil. It would seem to me that Phil is saying that God is a giver of insanity blessings!!! Something new and strange to the word of God is being taught here!

In Christ,
Jimmy

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

March 2nd, 2010, 6:07 am #4

It only sounds to me as if saying "Have an insanely blessed week..." is a way to avoid a traditional benediction such as, "May the Lord bless and keep you until we meet again." The Change Movement seeks to eradicate the "old, traditional, reverent" ways and replace them with phrases and innovations that are "hip," "cool," "popular," and more appealing to the masses. All that nonsense does is make the Church more like the world. The more the Church resembles a theater, a circus, or a secular rock concert; the more the minister resembles a comedian or storyteller with a vast repertoire of amusing anecdotes and jokes, the more likely that people will pack the pews to be entertained. Hence, popularity requires "cutting-edge" (controversial) phraseology that matches the above-mentioned goals of the Change Movement.

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

March 2nd, 2010, 12:30 pm #5

Bill puts much emphasis on the need for having a "traditional benediction." While it should not surprise anyone that Bill relies heavily on "tradition," it should come as a surprise that he also recognizes the need for a "benediction" at the end of a service since such is not found in scripture. As one who claims to follow the scriptures, and scriptures only, Bill should look again at his love for man-made traditions rather than following the simple truth found in scripture. Then again, it is not surprising behavior to anyone who has followed his teaching which promote tradition over truth and self over love for others.

Jimmy Wren
Jimmy Wren

March 2nd, 2010, 8:00 pm #6

I just can't see any reason to use the word 'insanity' as an adj. to God's blessings! Maybe Phil can justify his use of the word 'insanity', as you pointed out Dr. Bill, but I can't.

He had a good lesson but I can't overlook the 'insanity' remark! (end of discussion)

In Christ,
Jimmy

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

March 2nd, 2010, 8:40 pm #7

Bill puts much emphasis on the need for having a "traditional benediction." While it should not surprise anyone that Bill relies heavily on "tradition," it should come as a surprise that he also recognizes the need for a "benediction" at the end of a service since such is not found in scripture. As one who claims to follow the scriptures, and scriptures only, Bill should look again at his love for man-made traditions rather than following the simple truth found in scripture. Then again, it is not surprising behavior to anyone who has followed his teaching which promote tradition over truth and self over love for others.
I would think a more spiritual blessing would be:

Num. 6:22 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Num. 6:23 Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,
Num. 6:24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
Num. 6:25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
Num. 6:26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Num. 6:27 And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

March 2nd, 2010, 11:30 pm #8

I just can't see any reason to use the word 'insanity' as an adj. to God's blessings! Maybe Phil can justify his use of the word 'insanity', as you pointed out Dr. Bill, but I can't.

He had a good lesson but I can't overlook the 'insanity' remark! (end of discussion)

In Christ,
Jimmy
Yes, I think we've covered the ground as much as we can. Did Tom say something? I thought I heard some gibberish and gnashing of teeth over in his corner.

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

March 3rd, 2010, 1:00 am #9

I would think a more spiritual blessing would be:

Num. 6:22 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Num. 6:23 Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,
Num. 6:24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
Num. 6:25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
Num. 6:26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Num. 6:27 And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.
Jimmy, I probably would not have used the word (by the way, it was "insanely" not "insanity") but it was the use of a common phrase used in today's world. It is common vernacular.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

March 3rd, 2010, 4:01 am #10

Actually for once, I agree with Tom that the common vernacular word "insanely" was not the best choice of words. Just because a word is a "common vernacular" does not mean it is always suitable to use in a service. For example, "OMG" ("Oh my G*d") is also a "common vernacular," yet it would not be a suitable phrase to use in a service, because it is used more today in the secular world as an interjection or even sometimes as an expletive and not as an explicit expression of praise to God.

Therefore, do not say or do things in worship that make the Church more like the world.

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Romans 12:2 KJV).

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4 KJV).

"Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever" (1 John 2:15-17 KJV).