People Just Don't Listen:

DCA
DCA

July 29th, 2015, 12:56 am #1

Luke 16
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

A warning to those who slander others for different opinions. If there is but ONE Word and we see Scripture differently....it comes down to this.....even if you are right and you can't show love, it means NOTHING. You can make your claim until the Lord comes again, but it isn't about being only right. So puff up and know that you are right, and see where that gets you.

1 Corinthians 13

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Ken, Donnie, with your extensive knowledge bank....pray tell us....what is charity also considered to be?

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 6th, 2015, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 29th, 2015, 5:49 am #2

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Here are passages that deal with the main points in your post:

LOVE (CHARITY):[/color]
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]If ye love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:15)

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (John 15:10)

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. (I John 5:2)
[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]BIBLE STUDY:[/color]
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (II Tim. 2:15)

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (II Peter 3:18)

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: (Eph. 1:17)
[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]What a coincidence! I was searching the Scripture for passages that relate to the "knowledge of the truth." And I found the last passage quoted above from Ephesians 1:17. This expression really caught my attention: "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory...."

I was thinking about the question I was asking under another thread: "Does Jesus Christ have a God when he said, 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me'?"

Well, this new passage to me provides an answer to that question: that God the Father is the God of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You see, Dave, there are so many questions that can be answered with scriptural references if our minds are open to the truth, instead of remaining brainwashed with acquired and blindly accepted teachings and beliefs from other sources. And you're correct, we should be able to discuss and debate doctrinal issues civilly.[/color]

Bill
Bill

July 29th, 2015, 12:03 pm #3

And if Donnie keeps searching the Scriptures, he'll find the answers to his other "questions": "Did Jesus become Jesus?" and "Is God sitting on the right hand of God?"

Of course, Mark 10:27 provides a general answer to all of those, but since Donnie wants specific answers, then he is capable of searching the Scriptures for himself. Who knows...if he searches long enough, he may eventually realize that the Scriptures in their own way actually DO say that Jesus is God.

July 29th, 2015, 3:20 pm #4

Luke 16
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

A warning to those who slander others for different opinions. If there is but ONE Word and we see Scripture differently....it comes down to this.....even if you are right and you can't show love, it means NOTHING. You can make your claim until the Lord comes again, but it isn't about being only right. So puff up and know that you are right, and see where that gets you.

1 Corinthians 13

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Ken, Donnie, with your extensive knowledge bank....pray tell us....what is charity also considered to be?

First let me tell you what HATE is because it violates direct commands, all of the examples, all of the inference IF you understand that Jesus ordained A SCHOOL OF CHRIST ONLY, all of the scholarly church scholar's understanding, all founders of denominations, and even all of the clergy of the Disciples of Christ other than one or two anti-Bible preachers who used force.

Close to 100% of them had a good grasp on reality and knew that music was deceptive and no preacher would tolerate a praise band singing and clapping when HE speaks.

Paul left us the most profound example of LOVELESS people. By listing the EVEN THOUGHS we can define HATE: angels of light AND LYING IN WAIT TO DECEIVE.

Spiritual Formation at LU: This is the Purpose Driven plan of Christ Smith imposing instruments at Harpeth Hills and a leading light at LU.

http://www.piney.com/Divination.and.Lectio.Divina.html

First read a passage of scripture. Once you sense the Lord’s presence, the content of what you read is no longer important. The scripture has served its purpose; it has quieted your mind; it has brought you to him. …

You should always remember that you are not there to gain an understanding of what you have read; rather you are reading to turn your mind from the outward things to the deep parts of your being. You are not there to learn or to read, but you are there to experience the presence of your Lord!”

The concept of allowing God to speak through His Word is perfectly legitimate. I experience that when I read or meditate on the Bible. However, in the context of this article the purpose is not to contemplate the meaning of a Bible verse by thinking about it but is rather meant to gain an experience from it.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on July 29th, 2015, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCA
DCA

July 29th, 2015, 5:11 pm #5

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Here are passages that deal with the main points in your post:

LOVE (CHARITY):[/color]
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]If ye love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:15)

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. (John 15:10)

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. (I John 5:2)
[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]BIBLE STUDY:[/color]
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (II Tim. 2:15)

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (II Peter 3:18)

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: (Eph. 1:17)
[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]What a coincidence! I was searching the Scripture for passages that relate to the "knowledge of the truth." And I found the last passage quoted above from Ephesians 1:17. This expression really caught my attention: "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory...."

I was thinking about the question I was asking under another thread: "Does Jesus Christ have a God when he said, 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me'?"

Well, this new passage to me provides an answer to that question: that God the Father is the God of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You see, Dave, there are so many questions that can be answered with scriptural references if our minds are open to the truth, instead of remaining brainwashed with acquired and blindly accepted teachings and beliefs from other sources. And you're correct, we should be able to discuss and debate doctrinal issues civilly.[/color]
Donnie said "I was thinking about the question I was asking under another thread: "Does Jesus Christ have a God when he said, 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me'?" "

Donnie, many moons ago I made the SAME contention, so don't go there.....for you got that from me. I know the separation. What you don't KNOW....is that Jesus can be both the Son of God and God. This is not me stating an opinion, for this is what the Word tells us.

If Jesus was a part of God from the beginning, and became the Son of God, then He is STILL God, as John 1:1 CLEARLY states.

July 30th, 2015, 1:54 am #6

Luke 16

1 Corinthians 13

Music from mystery literally means "making the lambs dumb before the slaughter." Religious music was often called SACRED VIOLENCE because it intended to "silence the voice of the Victim."

Jesus defined REST for those already heavy laden meaning "spiritul anxiety created by religious ceremonial." Claiming that you are going to bring people into the presence of God is that which almost threatens people that they had better attend the several meetings a week and pay their TAX (a buren) and sing arousal or repeating songs called BURDENS in Hebrew and Greek.

The way to ESCAPE the ceremonials replacing SCHOOL OF THE WORD is to "come outside the gates and accept the invitation to COME LEARN OF ME." That is the one piece pattern but with a Phd you can deny that God has any plans.

The SOUNDS of Music outlawed as "self pleasure" in Romans 15 is the PROOF that no one is going to permit "using one mind and one mouth to SPEAK that which is written for our LEARNING." Paul defines that as SCRIPTURE FOR OUT COMFORT which is opposite to musical sounds which induce morphine-like drugs into you.

You don't know of nor heard of such a place called an UMBRELLUM in Isaiah were Jesus gives us cover until the STORMS PASS THROUGH.

July 30th, 2015, 4:09 am #7

And if Donnie keeps searching the Scriptures, he'll find the answers to his other "questions": "Did Jesus become Jesus?" and "Is God sitting on the right hand of God?"

Of course, Mark 10:27 provides a general answer to all of those, but since Donnie wants specific answers, then he is capable of searching the Scriptures for himself. Who knows...if he searches long enough, he may eventually realize that the Scriptures in their own way actually DO say that Jesus is God.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

I'll keep studying and "rightly dividing the word of truth." Disciples of Christ should continue to learn -- and that includes you and me.

Please deal with this one and do not deviate:

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him..." (Eph. 1:17).[/color]

July 30th, 2015, 4:42 am #8

Donnie said "I was thinking about the question I was asking under another thread: "Does Jesus Christ have a God when he said, 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me'?" "

Donnie, many moons ago I made the SAME contention, so don't go there.....for you got that from me. I know the separation. What you don't KNOW....is that Jesus can be both the Son of God and God. This is not me stating an opinion, for this is what the Word tells us.

If Jesus was a part of God from the beginning, and became the Son of God, then He is STILL God, as John 1:1 CLEARLY states.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

I didn't realize you "made the SAME contention" [as I did?] concerning Jesus when he cried with a loud voice, saying: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" I'm not sure what you meant by "the SAME contention." OK, so you know "the separation." But then you claim that Jesus was [already] God at the time when he said: "My God, my God...." Was Jesus (the Son of God) speaking to himself as God (the Father)? Do you agree with Bill that: the Son of God = God the Father?

I would also ask you just as I asked Bill concerning Ephesians 1:17. (It would be very shocking to get a direct response from Bill.) To me the passage is very clear. Maybe it's not to you and/or Bill. Your interpretation, please:

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him..." (Eph. 1:17).

As to your interpretation of John 1:1, we need to go beyond simply reciting the very popular and influential Trinity creed. It's now time to look at the original translation of this passage in N.T. Greek. [/color]

August 5th, 2015, 7:49 pm #9

Luke 16

1 Corinthians 13

The Epistle of Barnabas was part of the Codex Sinaiticus. He teaches what the Bible speaks and scholars are CAREFULLY TRAINED not to listen to God through the Earlier Prophets. Even though there are dozens of proof they just quote something from the God-Abandoned Jewish Fables and say that their god commanded them to ignore the Prophets and Epistles.

http://www.piney.com/FathEpBarna.html

For those who make God a laughing stock before the world over Genesis written to a God-abandoned nation after Mount Sinai, we noted that that FIRST WORLD was destroy by water but the present world is RESERVED FOR FIRE. The commands of Jesus was not to REMAIN and build institutions devoid of teaching but to GO and "FLASH" the gospel message and those who gladly received that WORD would identify themselves by requesting to be baptized. That is why the secular world is under the attack of ISIS and the "religious" world is under the attack of ISIS: she is the "spirit, mother, sperm ejecting" member of the FEMINISTS suddenly rising to power demanding Female Rule, imposing music and teaching a three-people trinity which John marks as antichrist. Those churches abandoned to performance music say that WE must assist Jesus in His return: that was the Purpose Driven Disciples when they accepted the return of Jesus in 1844 taught by William Miller.

Chapter II.-The Jewish Sacrifices are Now Abolished.
Since, therefore, the days are evil,
and Satan possesses the power of this WORLD, [Ecumenical]
we ought to give heed to ourselves, and diligently inquire into the ordinances of the Lord.

Giving heed to the WORD is the only spiritual worship and people DO NOT LISTEN because Elders cause them to hunger and thirst and die for lack of the word: Amos 8; Isaiah 5.

Even those professors writing commentaries on Isaiah "kill the prophets" by refusing to let them speak.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 5th, 2015, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.