Pegram Church of Christ

Pegram Church of Christ

Anonymous for Now
Anonymous for Now

February 6th, 2006, 3:08 pm #1

This may not be worth it. I apologize if so. Can anyone give me some perspective regarding the Pegram Church of Christ in Cheatham County TN? Just in the past year, we have seen a decline in membership of over 20%. Do any past or current members know what is responsible for this?

Charlton Rhinehart
Charlton Rhinehart

July 10th, 2011, 1:50 am #2

I have never even been to Pegram, but Clifford Dobbs who is preacher at Old Charlotte road coc used to preach at the church I grew up in. He was there before I was born, but I have heard several say he was the beest preacher we ever had as we have had nothing but very liberal preachers since. Here the more conservative but balenced church is doing much better than the liberal anything goes church. I think its because neither are bringing in many outsiders and those with church background are perfering what they know is right. So the conservative has twice as many members and thier just trying to do whats right, where the liberal church is trying to please everyone but they can't get half the members. Again I don't know your churches situation, but if there is a good preacher in town it may be why.