Park Hill Church of Christ changes name! Fort Worth, Tx.

Jonathan David Myers
Jonathan David Myers

April 8th, 2005, 7:36 am #21

A lot of good things/happenings are being said about the Pope of Rome this week but it doesn't make it correct Biblically. Just because you use extracted "proof texts" to support your positions does not make it Biblically correct. You must be opposed (and corrected) in love with your error. Get with a Bible-knowledgeable person...grounded in the Faith and learn how to worship and teach Biblically.
anonymous, you obviously know the infallable truth about God's word and the only and correct ways to worship and I am an ignorant youth who is truly seeking to know how to reach out to God through worship, so would you please be willing to share with me what I have done wrong and how I might make myself right before my Father? I know it will take a "well-grounded" man who is knowledgable of scripture and I am honestly seeking to do what is right so please respond and let me know what I can do to be more biblical in my worship. Please don't judge me yet, I am still learning! Thanks for caring enough to respond!

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 8th, 2005, 7:33 pm #22

It is better and more Bibically correct for "anonymous" to expose error and get you and others back on the Narrow Way than to take any credit for myself. I can see you and others are having to think and struggle with the error that is occuring at this place and move from the "feel good" way you have apparantly bought into. Are you just another community type church now? Sadly it appears so...What have you done with the candlestick?

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

April 8th, 2005, 8:04 pm #23

I just want to say a hearty AMEN! to what you had to say Kimberly. There is but one judge and he is the only one who truly knows the heart of an individual or the heart of a group of people who meet in His name and worship him in Spirit and in Truth.
I wish Mr. Anonymous would share his true identity with us because you are right, it is really easy to judge someone over the computer because there is no face to put with the name. Why would someone keep himself shrouded in secrecy if he is really a "concerned member" of Christ's body.
I think I remember correctly (I could be wrong, because I don't know the Bible very well) that there was a certain group of people that Jesus detested when he walked the face of the earth. A group of people that he even referred to as a "brood of vipers". A group of people that made it their business to go about wearing their felactories proudly, dressing themselves in the nicest of clothes and making sure that the bottoms of their robes were completly coverd with tassels, not because they wanted to please God or draw the lost to Christ but because they wanted everyone to look at them and think "wow, those guys must really have it all together and never do anything wrong" all-the-while thinking horribly judgemental thoughts, pointing fingers at the "common folk" who were just fumbling their way through their spiritual journey and enforcing rules that were never intended to be rules in the first place.
I get the feeling (just between me and you) that this website smacks of some modern-day Pharisee-ical views. I sure wish I knew who "anonymous" was so that we could talk about this like men, I mean face to face or even if we didn't talk, maybe he could just introduce me to someone who is really knowledgeable about scripture.
Evidently in a forum like this it is not legal to just pop-off with 'scriptural proof texts that prove my points' about the necessity for love in all situations, so from now on I won't direct my scripture references to "anonymous" but rather to you or some of my other brothers and sisters in Christ that worship at Park Hill Church, A Christ-Centered Fellowshp.
I would like to leave you with this, Kimberly, "The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one of you should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks (types), he should do it as one who is speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength that God provides, so that in ALL THINGS God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
I love you Kimberly and look forward to your response!
Yes, sister, preach on: if the CHANGLINGS have stung you like the Locusts (musical performers) then you can stand in the HOLY PLACE pretty soon. Remember that the Holy Place was a carnal type of the body or church of Christ. No singer, musician or preacher could enter without being executed. The Holy Place was the synagogue (beginning in the wilderness) for the PEOPLE'S CONGREGATION while the CLERGY slaughtered tens of thousands of types of Christ trying to get peace and cleansing. The people were commanded NOT to use music as if one NEEDED to command that singing and instruments NOT be used when Christ the Spirit was speaking.

"Park Hill Church-A Christ-Centered Fellowship"

That IS NOT THE TRUTH. Any CHRIST-CENTEREDS would gracefully leave the church of Christ to its owners who HONOR its HEAD and BODY and go build an HONEST diversity church.

You are not CHRIST-Centered because you are parroting those who detest the name of Christ and believe and Claim that there is nothing left but SEVEN FACTS ABOUT JESUS. The Shellyites are now PARTNERING with God to get a NEW set of Scripture because "OUR CULTURE HAS CHANGED" (Wow, hasn't everyones!!). There is no other LEGALISTIC PATTERNISM to which the church can point. The result is to make them SECTARIAN because they sow discord among peacable churches.

Carroll D. Osburn might have given you ACUs DEGREE to go out and be "Prophets, Chanellers and Facilitators" to CHANGE peacable churches of Christ but GOD IN CHRIST DID NOT.

Your misleaders KNOWS that the CIRCLE WILL BE BROKEN if he doesn't walk in THEIR paths. But, as prophesied the LITTLE HORNS have had their time with the king and they are CRACKING away.

Christ didn't SEND you to "do anything to SAVE MORE SOULS." Jesus died to build HIS ekklesia or synagogue or SCHOOL OF THE BIBLE. He ordained that the ONLY Pastor-Teachers are the eldlers who are "already laboring to the point of exhaustion in preaching and teaching" who are HONEST and loyal enough to TEACH THAT WHICH HAS BEEN TAUGHT.

Paul spoke of the assembling or gathering using a form of the Greek word SYNAGOGUE. There was never any praise service in the Jewish synagogue or Qahal or "church in the wilderness" because it was OUTLAWED and no Jew ever dreamed of MUSIC as part of the SCHOOL until 1815 where the LIBERALS also tried to steal the synagogue in Germany.

He sent EVANGELISTS out into the world and Paul would MARK the many at Corinth and Thessalonica by saying if they WILL NOT GO then NEITHER SHALL THEY EAT. HONEST evangelists get FED only when they THRESH or PLOW. YOU are seeking HUMAN GLORY and the BEST way to get SEEKERS driven your way is to REPUDIATE the name of Jesus Christ or Jehovah- Saves as the visible ANOINTED of God:
  • <font color=red>Eph 3:1 FOR this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to youward:

Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known UNTO ME the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words;

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when YE read, YE may understand MY knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;</font>
What is that PREDESTINATED mystery?
  • <font color=red>That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the SAME BODY, and partakers of his promise IN Christ BY the gospel: Eph 3:6

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Eph 3:7 </font>
The BODY is called the Church of Christ or "the church of God IN Christ." Removing the name intends to SPIT in the face of God and His people by taking the authority to take the REPROACH-BRINGING name off THEIR property. As I have noted, this is not a FREE WILL thing but an identifying MARK that Jesus Christ has ALREADY removed the Menorah or Spirits of Knowledge. Jesus said that DOCTORS OF THE LAW take away the key to knowledge because THAT- by definition-is what Scripture Lawyers do.

GRACE is not unlimited forgiveness for unlimited sins. Rather, GRACE means POWER.
  • <font color=red>Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this GRACE given,
    • that I should preach among the Gentiles the UNSEARCHABLE RICHES of Christ;
    Eph 3:9 And to make all men SEE what is the FELLOWSHIP of the MYSTERY, which from the beginning of the world
    • hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
    </font>
In First Corinthians Paul noted that Christ is NOT just Jesus of Nazareth but
  • <font color=blue>Christ is the WISDOM of God
    Christ is the GLORY of God

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit OF wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: Ep.1:17

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 1Co.1:24 </font>
God in Christ or the CHRIST OF GOD is never separated FROM God. The GODhead is Father, Son and Spirit. THEY are not three separated Beings:
  • <font color=blue>but if I were, it would be an absolutely correct judgment in every respect, for I have WITH ME the Father who sent me. Jn.8:16LIV

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me HATH SEEN the FATHER; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Jn.14:9

Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the FATHER is WITH me. Jn.16:32 </font>
God the THOUGHT spoke to God the SON and the SON spoke the THOUGHT. That is why the Living Word delivered the Spoken Word. The SPIRIT is that between FATHER and SON and when the Son speaks the WORDS this proves that the SON has been given the SPIRIT without measure.

Those who REFUSE to speak the WORDS of Christ do not speak the SPIRIT of God because Jesus said "My WORDS are SPIRIT and LIFE." (John 6:63)

Jesus said that those WHO SPEAK ON THEIR OWN are the sons of the DEVIL.

CHRIST is God Who came in a visible form because NO ONE has access to the invisible, separted Spirit "person" by Whom you get the RIGHT to steal the church houses of widows. Notice, that The FAMILY of God must honor the NAME (singular) of God:
  • <font color=blue>Phil 2:5 Your attitude should be the kind that was shown us by Jesus Christ,

Phil 2:6 who, though he was God, did not demand and cling to his rights as God,

Phil 2:7 but laid aside his mighty POWER and GLORY, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men.

Phil 2:8 And he humbled himself even further, going so far as actually to die a criminal's death on a cross.

Phil 2:9 Yet it was because of this that God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name which is above every other name,

Phil 2:10 that at the name of Jesus very knee shall bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, </font>
God's INVISIBLE power is made known ONLY through Christ.
  • <font color=red>Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places MIGHT BE KNOWN by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: Eph 3:11 </font>
    • <font color=blue>For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 2 Cor 10:3

(For the weapons [lifeless instruments] of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 2 Cor 10:4

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Cor 10:5 </font>
MUSIC or pleasuring through singing is the CONNECTED word which is directly connected to the Greek HERESY. This means that people use emotional excitement to exalt themselve so the DEMAGOGUE can carry them away for his own USES. See the absolute MARK connecting MUSIC ot HERESY. That is what Scripture says from the beginning when the serpent was a Musical Enchanter or Enchantress who wholly seduced Eve in the way a bride is seduce just before the husband gets to her. That is why CAIN (a musical note) is OF THAT WICKED ONE.

http://www.piney.com/Heresy.Music.html

The NAME (singular) of Jesus Christ bears all of the authority of Father, Son and Spirit. Peter baptized into the NAME of Jesus Christ. Christ added baptized believers to HIS church. All of church history claimes the name of CHURCH OF CHRIST. When people SPIT it out so they can be SELF-CENTERED then you must see this as the SPIRIT of Christ removing His candlestick which represents the SEVEN SPIRITS all related to forms of wisdom and knowledge brught ONLY through the Word of Christ.

A mediator in song or sermon intends to STAND IN THE HOLY PLACE claiming to Be God. Look at the CENTER next Sunday and see who is AT THE CENTER.

No HOLY spirit led ANY church to denounce the Name of Christ to which the OWNERS of the property were loyal when THEY BOUTHT the building and unfortunately BOUGHT the preacher who has no role to play in the "fellowship" and no honest claim to pay to INFILTRATE and DIVERT.

It is true that APPOLO HAS LANDED. Apollo is Abaddon or Apollyon the FATHER of the seeker centers. He is the father of the "twanging bow to send the singing arrows, musical harmony, thieves and liars." If you grasp John you know that CIRCE or church is the holy whore. The MUSES or Locusts with Scorpion stings are the MUSES or the musical worship team of Satan himself. Time is short and what happened to the king/queen of Tyre and literal Babylon is HAPPENING in a church close to you: but time is short when you see the SIGNS and MUST HAVE the mark to participate.
  • <font color=red>Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; </font>
The Craftsmen or TECHNE (Koresh in Hebrew) are the THEATER BUILDERS AND STAGE MANAGERS. The milstone is perforated and has the same meaning as the FLUTE where the same Hebrew word means 'play the flute, steal your property, pollute and prostitute." The GRINDERS were concubines or prostitutes.

Sure, you can COLLECT all of those with the MUSICAL MARK (Cain is from a musical note) at one place but that is only for EASY segregation because those MARKED by the Word and Baptism will have FLED from Babylon. A Cappella, you knows is a LEGALISTIC, PATTERNIST loophole to USE instrumental music using PEOPLE as instruments: it is called ORGANUM. And A Cappella speaks only of the Pope's castrated Musical Worship Team. They PLAYED in the Sistine chapel because even in 1911 it was still UNLAWFUL to use instruments in the presence of the Pope or CHRIST.

Ken

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 10th, 2005, 3:06 am #24

I just hope that Myers and Hardick will listen to you. You tell the Bible Truth in Bible Ways! These "feel good" folks have been mislead to believe almost anything. It is just more of that "Purpose Driven" stuff and "community church" watered down teaching. We need to help folks but not mislead them. As I always say "Bible ways for Bible Beliven People".

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

April 10th, 2005, 10:06 pm #25

I just want to say a hearty AMEN! to what you had to say Kimberly. There is but one judge and he is the only one who truly knows the heart of an individual or the heart of a group of people who meet in His name and worship him in Spirit and in Truth.
I wish Mr. Anonymous would share his true identity with us because you are right, it is really easy to judge someone over the computer because there is no face to put with the name. Why would someone keep himself shrouded in secrecy if he is really a "concerned member" of Christ's body.
I think I remember correctly (I could be wrong, because I don't know the Bible very well) that there was a certain group of people that Jesus detested when he walked the face of the earth. A group of people that he even referred to as a "brood of vipers". A group of people that made it their business to go about wearing their felactories proudly, dressing themselves in the nicest of clothes and making sure that the bottoms of their robes were completly coverd with tassels, not because they wanted to please God or draw the lost to Christ but because they wanted everyone to look at them and think "wow, those guys must really have it all together and never do anything wrong" all-the-while thinking horribly judgemental thoughts, pointing fingers at the "common folk" who were just fumbling their way through their spiritual journey and enforcing rules that were never intended to be rules in the first place.
I get the feeling (just between me and you) that this website smacks of some modern-day Pharisee-ical views. I sure wish I knew who "anonymous" was so that we could talk about this like men, I mean face to face or even if we didn't talk, maybe he could just introduce me to someone who is really knowledgeable about scripture.
Evidently in a forum like this it is not legal to just pop-off with 'scriptural proof texts that prove my points' about the necessity for love in all situations, so from now on I won't direct my scripture references to "anonymous" but rather to you or some of my other brothers and sisters in Christ that worship at Park Hill Church, A Christ-Centered Fellowshp.
I would like to leave you with this, Kimberly, "The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one of you should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks (types), he should do it as one who is speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength that God provides, so that in ALL THINGS God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
I love you Kimberly and look forward to your response!
Please define the word PHARISEE so we can begin on a thus saith the Lord.

Ken

Jonathan David Myers
Jonathan David Myers

April 11th, 2005, 8:08 pm #26

I just hope that Myers and Hardick will listen to you. You tell the Bible Truth in Bible Ways! These "feel good" folks have been mislead to believe almost anything. It is just more of that "Purpose Driven" stuff and "community church" watered down teaching. We need to help folks but not mislead them. As I always say "Bible ways for Bible Beliven People".
I gave it my best shot! I wanted to give you an opportunity to come to me face to face and talk to me about this stuff like a man, but you have opted, instead, to keep the comfort of your anonymity and side with a man who is truly bent on creating dissension.

I wish it could have worked out differently. I was hoping to get to meet you through this process and learn how to grow together but I see that that will never happen.

I will not post on this website anymore becuase it is obvious that the reason for the website is not what it claims to be. In my opinion, this space is controlled by the devil. He has convinced a few of you that it is "biblical" to come on here under the shroud of anonymity and post hateful and judgemental thoughts about brothers who are doing there best to make it in this messed up world.

Your unwillingness to come to me face to face is proof that you are not genuinely interested in the truth about this matter yet but only interested in placing judgment on folks that you won't even take an opportunity to get to know!

That is not the heart of Christ and for this reason, I know that this place is not for concerned members, but rather angry members. Angry members who are unwilling to put aside their anger for the sake of expressing the same love that has been shown to them through the grace and mercy of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

God be with you as you jouney down this path! I pray that he will heal you of your judgmental hearts and through the power of the Holy Spirit, indwell in you a new heart full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfullness and self-controll because in this world there is nothing that stands against them.

I offer the invitation to you again. Please feel free to return to Park Hill Church, A Christ-Centered Fellowship at any time. You are always welcomed and will receive acceptance and a place to heal if you so choose. We meet at 9:30am on Sunday mornings for Bible study. We begin worship at around 10:45am. On Wednesday evenings we meet at the building at 5:30 for dinner and fellowship with Bible study to follow at 7:00pm.

May God grant you peace, anonymous!

Ken, I am praying for your heart!

Moderator, I am praying for yours as well!

God bless you all!

In Him,

Jon Myers

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

April 12th, 2005, 2:30 am #27

Lord I hate that "I will pray for you." Such a slick, cowardly way of expressing superiority and then running for cover.

I am quite sure that Anonymous knows enough to know that if you will steal his church and DELIBERATELY sow discord and offend MANY, he would not DARE risk it all by speaking face to face. I think you guys would hurt him real bad: because of the LAW it might just be the loss of income.

Where I live the evil women love to spread lies and blame others for the similar problems they CAUSED. Fortunately, I don't DEPEND on the alpha male or I would be like other long-term employees.

I have flooded the internet and the forum with ABSOLUTE PROOF that when people turn MUSICAL it is the MARK of a perverted and hostile take over to turn "school of the Bible" into "a theater for holy entertainment." There is NOTHING you can find in the Bible or history which does not POINT the LOCUSTS (musical performers) under Apollo or Abaddon or Apollyon OUT. That is why the singy-clappy, cutesy-pies just make the hair on the back of spiritual people's head stand up and they RUN without knowing why.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?f ... 1113251166

I say that you SLANDER with the obligatory PHARISEE charge and CANNOT define it. Well, Jesus condemned the SECTARIAN Scribes, Pharisees and Hypocrites. The Greek world defines all of these as performing the role of SORCERY and because they performed no useful role it identifies the ALL as parasites. Hypocrites wer ACTORS in song or sermon. Are YOU on the DOLE?

Ken

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 12th, 2005, 4:55 pm #28

Ken..You need to lighten up on this fellow Jonathan. I would never reject prayers on my behalf or make light of someone doing that. While we do have the Truth and need to correct him and others, we must do it in love and realize the Lord will help us expose, reprove and rebuke their error. I thought Jonathan wanted to "learn" but now he just signs off never to return again...How sad but we will keep trying...

B
B

April 12th, 2005, 7:50 pm #29

Please define the word PHARISEE so we can begin on a thus saith the Lord.

Ken
Just a couple of "should-be-obvious" observations.

Why on earth is the name change the name of this thread? I checked out their website http://www.ourchurch.com/view/?pageID=34934 and the name change is not the big problem to talk about. At least they aren't pretending to be like any other church of Christ, when they obviously are not. I realize we usually like to cloud the actual scriptural issues with ones that just make us uncomfortable, but let's try to stay on point here.

The first post mentions Southside. Do you have any idea if this group left Southside to make a directional change? If so, I wouldn't lump Southside into this whole thing.

For you that do attend Park Hill, could you explain the timeline and theology of the move from non-instrumental to instrumental? Also, are there any other teachings that are traditionally associated with the churches of Christ that you have moved away from? What do you practice when it comes to women's role, church leadership (elders & deacons), communion, etc.?

Thanks in advance for the insight.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2005, 3:59 pm #30

To B ...What spurred your interest in this situation/ place? The point is what happened here is going on all over and we are sounding the warning bell to others true to the church to know what to look for when they are being taken over.