Park Hill Church of Christ changes name! Fort Worth, Tx.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 4th, 2005, 7:15 pm #11

From your message I cannot tell whether you are for Parkhill or against it? Have you even been there? This is a church that has freed itself from the baggage of "man-made" legalism and had chosen to focus on the fact that each of us can be saved by Grace. I get so frustrated by those of you that can't seem to grasp the concept that YOU have nothing to do with your salvation. You didn't earn it - You can't buy it - and you certainly can't get it by listening only to acappella music, taking communion every sunday, and making sure the top of the head actually got submerged. I invite you to come visit.
Brother..Sounds like you have some serious issues with the Biblical way to worship and with salvation.A through study of the Word will correct your "community church" view of the important issues. You are being mislead at this CofC that has left the faith and adopted this PurposeDriven slop that has perverted the Truth at this place. I suggest you contact a man GROUNDED IN THE WORD...several good Churches of Christ in the FW area....and let him correct and teach you the Way in love.

anonymous
anonymous

April 4th, 2005, 7:38 pm #12

You are a sad case of "feel good" church...need to get back into the Word brother! I will visit there next Sunday and see exactly what is going on but I think I already know!
as opposed to a "feel bad" church? I'll take the feel good church.

Jonathan David Myers
Jonathan David Myers

April 5th, 2005, 8:23 am #13

Now the Park Hill Church of Christ in Fort Worth, Tx. has become the "Park Hill Church-A Christ-Centered Fellowship"!Wonder where that came from? They went to recorded instrumental music then praise teams and now acapalla and a Prasie band! These folks came out of the Southside congregation about 8 years ago and look where they are now! What exactly is the Southside church spreading around?
What, exactly, is your point? Are you on this web page asking questions about the Park Hill Church because you are genuinely seeking to save lost people in the Fort Worth area or do you have another intent? Are you engaging in this ongoing conversation for the good of someone, yourself, a brother or sister, or do you seek out those who are seeking the Father in a way that you are not comfortable with so that you may exploit their "intentions" in worship and sit in judgement of their motives? If you are out to draw someone closer to the Father by bringing attention to the things going on at Park Hill, then I applaud your efforts and I pray that God bless you as you work for His kingdom. However, if you are out to create dissension amongst the brotherhood in the city of Fort Worth and the metroplex I would beg you as a brother in Christ to consider your ways carefully. "But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned." (Titus 3:9-11)
Our motives should always be driven out of a love for Christ and a love for His creation. We have one call that is simple, plain and to the point. To seek and save those who are lost! The Park Hill family has seen some 12 hungry souls come to a knowledge of Christ over the last few months and those same souls have commited their lives to him through confession, repentance and baptism. They in-turn have brought approximately 7 new families into contact with the saving message of Jesus because of their young faith. Park Hill is growing and very much alive because of the hand of our Father who is drawing lost souls to himself through the interaction of the family at Park Hill wherever they go. Through the schools, Aledo High School, Southwest Christian School, Arlington Heights High to name a few and through the companies and businesses where our body works and interacts on a daily basis.
Now, please brother, I emplore you. If you have something good, encouraging, uplifting, true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy to say then let it be heard and if you don't then please keep your mouth (keyboard, mouse) quite.
If you seek to show Christ through this situation, let me remind you that love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails! Be Christ in this situation. Stop slinging mud on the face of Christ that is revealing itself in a powerful way through the body at Park Hill and effectively meeting the needs of the lost in this city.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 6th, 2005, 4:11 pm #14

A lot of good things/happenings are being said about the Pope of Rome this week but it doesn't make it correct Biblically. Just because you use extracted "proof texts" to support your positions does not make it Biblically correct. You must be opposed (and corrected) in love with your error. Get with a Bible-knowledgeable person...grounded in the Faith and learn how to worship and teach Biblically.

Kimberly Hardick
Kimberly Hardick

April 6th, 2005, 7:23 pm #15

Now the Park Hill Church of Christ in Fort Worth, Tx. has become the "Park Hill Church-A Christ-Centered Fellowship"!Wonder where that came from? They went to recorded instrumental music then praise teams and now acapalla and a Prasie band! These folks came out of the Southside congregation about 8 years ago and look where they are now! What exactly is the Southside church spreading around?
I am amazed at the boldness of some of you people. Actually the lack of it. It is very easy to say horrible things in reguards to something you obviously know nothing about and remain anonymous. Rest assured your secret judgement is known by One who knows all and with whom ultimately is the only One who matters.

I would like to thank you for your comments because I believe God will use this web page to bring more people to Park Hill and give them an opportunity to see Gods love first hand. So go ahead and speak your mind behind the curtain of anonymity. Those that speak the truth are not afraid to show their face and use their name.

I want to thank John David Myers for his incredible responce to the ignorant messages posted on this page, he truly is a representative of what The Park Hill Body represents and we are ever so grateful for him and his family and the work they do.

below are a few of the letters I have recieved from parents who my children have brought to Park Hill. Let me share these with you

Dear Kimberly,

I wanted to write and let you know how much of a positive influence Jon Myers and Park Hill Church has in Katie’s life. Katie, being a typical 16 year old, is busy with all aspects of her life at this time. She is very determined to do things on her own and not be influenced by our thoughts or direction. Since she began going to Park Hill Church last year she has found a place and people she feels very comfortable and at ease with. She began just going to Wednesday night youth meetings but now doesn’t want to miss Sunday services or Wednesday nights. Jon and Amy have made Katie feel she is a part of Park Hill Church, where she wants to go and wants to learn more of the Word of God.

At such an impressionable time in Katie’s life, I am very happy that she has found someone like Jon Myers who gives her positive guidance not only in her spiritual growth, but everyday life in general. She feels very safe and at ease talking with Jon and Amy. I am very happy she found Park Hill Church and grateful to Jon for what he has brought to Katie’s life. I would also like to thank Joe, Mike and you for introducing her to Jon and the people at Park Hill.

Sincerely,

Becky

Kimberly,

I want to let you know how glad I am that Mike has gotten Tyler involved in Park Hill Church. I asked Tyler why he didn't want to go to our church anymore and he said it was because he liked the youth group much better at Park Hill. He said the youth minister, John Myers, teaches about God and the bible at a level he can understand. John makes it interesting. It was a battle to get Tyler to go to church on Sundays before, but now that he attends Park Hill he wants to go on Wednesdays as well.

I know that a good teacher makes his students want to learn more. Recently Tyler asked if I would buy him a new bible. Of course, I was thrilled to do so, and even more thrilled when I 'caught' him reading it. I know that John Myers is the reason for his interest in learning and following the word of God.

Please let John know how much the our family appreciates him!

Eileen

Does this sound like the work of an evil ministry, or is this the purpose of the church, to bring the lost to know God? I am proud to say that my family belongs to this incredible body of people and thank God they are a nonjudgemental group of loving caring praying approachable and spirit field believers. I invite you to join us on Sunday and see for your self first hand. Or are you afraid Park Hill is really what you are looking for but would be judged by your family and Church of Christ piers? Fortunate for me I know that God and God alone is my judge and it is not my business to tell someone else where they stand in the eyes of God.

Kimberly Hardick

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 7th, 2005, 12:20 am #16

as opposed to a "feel bad" church? I'll take the feel good church.
If you worship in spirit and TRUTH you will not "feel bad" but righteous through Christ who instructed how to worship correctly. Who are you worshipping (?) Mr./Mrs. "Feel Good"? Get back into the Word and learn how to correct your wayward ways.

Jonathan David Myers
Jonathan David Myers

April 8th, 2005, 7:04 am #17

I am amazed at the boldness of some of you people. Actually the lack of it. It is very easy to say horrible things in reguards to something you obviously know nothing about and remain anonymous. Rest assured your secret judgement is known by One who knows all and with whom ultimately is the only One who matters.

I would like to thank you for your comments because I believe God will use this web page to bring more people to Park Hill and give them an opportunity to see Gods love first hand. So go ahead and speak your mind behind the curtain of anonymity. Those that speak the truth are not afraid to show their face and use their name.

I want to thank John David Myers for his incredible responce to the ignorant messages posted on this page, he truly is a representative of what The Park Hill Body represents and we are ever so grateful for him and his family and the work they do.

below are a few of the letters I have recieved from parents who my children have brought to Park Hill. Let me share these with you

Dear Kimberly,

I wanted to write and let you know how much of a positive influence Jon Myers and Park Hill Church has in Katie’s life. Katie, being a typical 16 year old, is busy with all aspects of her life at this time. She is very determined to do things on her own and not be influenced by our thoughts or direction. Since she began going to Park Hill Church last year she has found a place and people she feels very comfortable and at ease with. She began just going to Wednesday night youth meetings but now doesn’t want to miss Sunday services or Wednesday nights. Jon and Amy have made Katie feel she is a part of Park Hill Church, where she wants to go and wants to learn more of the Word of God.

At such an impressionable time in Katie’s life, I am very happy that she has found someone like Jon Myers who gives her positive guidance not only in her spiritual growth, but everyday life in general. She feels very safe and at ease talking with Jon and Amy. I am very happy she found Park Hill Church and grateful to Jon for what he has brought to Katie’s life. I would also like to thank Joe, Mike and you for introducing her to Jon and the people at Park Hill.

Sincerely,

Becky

Kimberly,

I want to let you know how glad I am that Mike has gotten Tyler involved in Park Hill Church. I asked Tyler why he didn't want to go to our church anymore and he said it was because he liked the youth group much better at Park Hill. He said the youth minister, John Myers, teaches about God and the bible at a level he can understand. John makes it interesting. It was a battle to get Tyler to go to church on Sundays before, but now that he attends Park Hill he wants to go on Wednesdays as well.

I know that a good teacher makes his students want to learn more. Recently Tyler asked if I would buy him a new bible. Of course, I was thrilled to do so, and even more thrilled when I 'caught' him reading it. I know that John Myers is the reason for his interest in learning and following the word of God.

Please let John know how much the our family appreciates him!

Eileen

Does this sound like the work of an evil ministry, or is this the purpose of the church, to bring the lost to know God? I am proud to say that my family belongs to this incredible body of people and thank God they are a nonjudgemental group of loving caring praying approachable and spirit field believers. I invite you to join us on Sunday and see for your self first hand. Or are you afraid Park Hill is really what you are looking for but would be judged by your family and Church of Christ piers? Fortunate for me I know that God and God alone is my judge and it is not my business to tell someone else where they stand in the eyes of God.

Kimberly Hardick
I just want to say a hearty AMEN! to what you had to say Kimberly. There is but one judge and he is the only one who truly knows the heart of an individual or the heart of a group of people who meet in His name and worship him in Spirit and in Truth.
I wish Mr. Anonymous would share his true identity with us because you are right, it is really easy to judge someone over the computer because there is no face to put with the name. Why would someone keep himself shrouded in secrecy if he is really a "concerned member" of Christ's body.
I think I remember correctly (I could be wrong, because I don't know the Bible very well) that there was a certain group of people that Jesus detested when he walked the face of the earth. A group of people that he even referred to as a "brood of vipers". A group of people that made it their business to go about wearing their felactories proudly, dressing themselves in the nicest of clothes and making sure that the bottoms of their robes were completly coverd with tassels, not because they wanted to please God or draw the lost to Christ but because they wanted everyone to look at them and think "wow, those guys must really have it all together and never do anything wrong" all-the-while thinking horribly judgemental thoughts, pointing fingers at the "common folk" who were just fumbling their way through their spiritual journey and enforcing rules that were never intended to be rules in the first place.
I get the feeling (just between me and you) that this website smacks of some modern-day Pharisee-ical views. I sure wish I knew who "anonymous" was so that we could talk about this like men, I mean face to face or even if we didn't talk, maybe he could just introduce me to someone who is really knowledgeable about scripture.
Evidently in a forum like this it is not legal to just pop-off with 'scriptural proof texts that prove my points' about the necessity for love in all situations, so from now on I won't direct my scripture references to "anonymous" but rather to you or some of my other brothers and sisters in Christ that worship at Park Hill Church, A Christ-Centered Fellowshp.
I would like to leave you with this, Kimberly, "The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one of you should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks (types), he should do it as one who is speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength that God provides, so that in ALL THINGS God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
I love you Kimberly and look forward to your response!

Jonathan David Myers
Jonathan David Myers

April 8th, 2005, 7:17 am #18

Ok I went to this church today (you invited me) and some Holy Spirit "expert" was teaching the adult class on the Holy Spirit. Said he was an attorney and former Highland CofC (Abilene) preacher many years ago...Chalk... I think. Very articulate guy and knows the scripture well but I had never heard that the Spirit leads us to do all that! The worship service used a "praise BAND" and acapella singing with a praise group miked up front. Some people clapping and twirling around and yelling praise words! Is this type of stuff going on EVERYWHERE???? The lesson was very Biblical..on the entry of Jesus to Jerusalem for the final time. Lord's supper was very Biblical. And the people there seemed to be happy and joyful and truly full of worship. I think I will give it another try next week but I hope some leaders at this place will come to their senses and get back to the correct and true, bible based worship.
I am really glad you visited Park Hill and took notes. I just wanted to invite you back and request that you get to know some of the folks that worship there. You might be surprised how many likable people are there. We love visitors and would welcome you back in a heartbeat, just give us a chance to get to know you. We admit that we don't have all the answers and never will but we are doing our best to create a forum for people to meet the Father face to face and have their lives changed by his work.
Please introduce yourself to the youth minister at Park Hill, I bet your conversations could be lively!
I will look for you on Sunday! God bless you as you continue to seek His will in your life!

Jonathan David Myers
Jonathan David Myers

April 8th, 2005, 7:22 am #19

Brother..Sounds like you have some serious issues with the Biblical way to worship and with salvation.A through study of the Word will correct your "community church" view of the important issues. You are being mislead at this CofC that has left the faith and adopted this PurposeDriven slop that has perverted the Truth at this place. I suggest you contact a man GROUNDED IN THE WORD...several good Churches of Christ in the FW area....and let him correct and teach you the Way in love.
I was just wondering if you had ever talked to the preacher at Park Hill Church, A Christ-Centered Fellowship, you might be delighted at his background and his heart for the autonymous body that meets there!
Just a suggestion from a concerned member!

Jonathan David Myers
Jonathan David Myers

April 8th, 2005, 7:30 am #20

It is not remotely possible to deliberately REMOVE the name of Christ without being ashamed of the name. The church of Christ is:
  • <font color=blue>Ekklesia (g1577) ek-klay-see'-ah; from a comp. of 1537 and a der. of 2564; a calling out, i.e. (concr.) a popular meeting, espec. a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both): - assembly, church.
    • Ek meaning out of and:

Kaleo (g2564) kal-eh'-o; akin to the base of 2753; to "call" (prop. aloud, but used in a variety of applications, dir. or otherwise): - bid, call (forth), (whose, whose sur-) name (was [called]).
    </font>
Jesus was speaking of the Apostles but stating a general principle that the assembly is to GIVE HEED and to affirm with one mind and one mouth "that which is written." Then He promsied:
  • <font color=blue>For where two or three are gathered together in MY NAME, there am I in the midst of them. Matt 18:20 </font>
IF you are not gathered in HIS name then HE will NOT be there: too bad, too sad but they have DISinvited Him as proven by THE MINISTRY which repudiates Christ's sole teaching role through spoken Scripture

Gathered is:
  • <font color=blue>Sunago (g4863) soon-ag'-o; from 4862 and 71; to lead together, i.e. collect or convene; spec. to entertain (hospitably): - / accompany, assemble (selves, together), bestow, come together, gather (selves together, up, together), lead into, resort, take in.</font>
To be the CALLED or the ELECT means that we are invited to assembly or synagogue with Christ. The body or Ekklesia or church which gathers or synagogues is the church or synagogue of Christ:
  • <font color=blue>And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Col 3:15

Let the word of Christ [Spirit or "that which is written"] dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Col 3:16

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Col.3:17 </font>
It is a fact that those who refuse to have the name of God in their mind have no intention of speaking the WORD OF CHRIST. Therefore, in the name of common decency it is good that they remove His Name.

The BODY of Christ is the church: therefore, the body must assembly in the name of the HEAD of the body: the church of Christ:
  • <font color=blue>And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. Col.1:18

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Eph 5:23 </font>
If you DENY Christ by removing HIS title the HE promises to DENY you. My studied opinion is that removing the name is a MARK that Christ has taken the initiative, removed the candlestick and therefore supernaturally REMOVED His Name. Remember that He sends strong DELUSIONS to the deluded to make them feel SUPERIOR at having removed His name.
  • <font color=blue>Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. Matt 10:32

But whosoever shall DENY ME before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matt 10:33 </font>
Again, removing the name is wicked hands beng MANIPULATED by Christ to VERIFY to the community that He has DENIED THEM and taken away their ACCESS.

It hurts when we see people deliberately removing the name of Christ so that they can INFILTRATE into people's minds without openly revealing ANY devotion to Christ. Because the world is hostile to the name of Jesus Christ those who seek to build temples are treacherous thinking that they can 'save more souls' while trying to fool the contributors. That is why they will STEAL from a widow's welfare check.

However, this is just the way it is: the majority will be lost and the saved will be a tiny remnant. However, God will not punish people until they are confirmed in their belief. Therefore, we are witnessing God's agents sorting people out according to the MARK they have received. Watching "good old" blind people stumbling into the ditch hurts but part of the glory of God is that the faithful will watch and judge those who are being moved beyond redemption.

They want to make peace with the world to guard themselves against persecution:
  • <font color=blue> Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matt 10:34 </font>
THEY are changing their name to MAKE PEACE with the Baptists. At the same time the Baptists are changing their names to MAKE PEACE with anyone with a widow's mite which was ACCEPTED by the priesthood just as Jesus was promising to DISMANTLE the den of thieves and house of merchandise stone by stone. I suggest that attempting to FIND FRIENDS in all of the wrong places MAY be the meaning of crying out for the MOUNTAINS to hide them from the WRATH they know they have coming.

In all of the churches--from most religious groups--where people rejoice in being deceived, the result will be the break up of friendships and even marriages. We know that it happens and the changlings conspire to get wives to divorce their husbands to remove his discording influence.
  • <font color=blue>For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. Matt 10:35

And a mans foes shall be they of his own household. Matt 10:36

He that loveth father or mother more than me is NOT WORTHY of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Matt 10:37 </font>
I know of a church where an elder loved his delinquent son more that Christ and all of His Body. You will remember that Paul told the Corinthians "Your assemblies do more harm than good." One problem was that they forgot that only CHRIST died for them. The SECRET is don't give them any more of your money and thus sin against the DESTITUTE to whom Jesus gave the ONLY right to our pension money. They will steal it and laugh behind your backs.

Paul said that the faithful will have to SEEK (worship) God OUTSIDE the city or camp. That is out where Christ suffers reproaches and the faithful WILL BE persecuted. Therefore, don't believe the psychological violence that you OWN them the rust off one red penny. Spread the word: there is NO LAW OF TITHING and NO LAW OF GIVING other than those WHO PROSPERED are to help those who ARE DESTITUTE. You will be sinning if YOU divert your ALMS from the poor to support some wimpy guy who believes that a certificte from ACU as what Carroll Osburn calls "Propets, Chanellers and Facilitators" to LIE about Scripture because assuredly they neither love nor know the Word as it has been taught. They have been LEARNED as rhetoricians, sOPHISts (serpents), singers and msicians whom the Greek world knew as SORCERERS and therefore PARASITES. If you QUIT feeding them the dishonest traffickers will get a job selling used computers and the honest evangelist can be called back. FREEDOM in Christ means FREEDOM FROM what is happening in institutions which ARE NOT churches of Christ.

Ken
Ken, if you are suggesting what I think you are suggesting you might want to come on by and give Park Hill Church, A Christ-Centered Fellowship a visit like our friend "anonymous" did. We would love to read your barometer on the situation there too! Plus, we just love having visitors because most of the people who visit Park Hill end up becoming a part of the family. Come on by and see us before you make any more rash judgements about whether God is at work through the body at Park Hill. I don't even know you and I already love you! (-: