online bibles

online bibles

October 4th, 2017, 7:16 pm #1

I had downloaded a KJV bible several years ago. My family had downloaded later releases of an online KJV. Sometimes our different online bibles didn't match up. Could words be changed in these bible apps even if there is no upgrade? I was reading in Sam 1 and it seemed some words had been changed. I could have been reading from a print bible and now just confusing the two. Has anyone else noticed any differences? Or have knowledge of the ability to do this?

October 4th, 2017, 7:20 pm #2

I wouldn't be surprised. People are tricky.

This one is called the OFFICIAL kjv
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1- ... Chapter-1/

Original 1611

http://1611bible.com/

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on October 4th, 2017, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 4th, 2017, 10:43 pm #3

Our APPROVE thingy doesn't work so I am reposting. Ken

The 1769 edition is the most trusted of the post-1611 editions. Not much change, but any change at all brings the wrath of Landmark Bible College in Florida. Some changes may occur in printings, a most notable one of "throughly" to "thoroughly" in 2 Tim. 3:16. Righteous critics say that "throughly" means from outside to inside, while "thoroughly" means outside. Also some critics mentioned that "Saviour" has been changed to "Savior", and this to them is anathema, since Saviour is spelled with seven letters making it good or divine, while Savior is spelled with six letters making it equal to man.

I noticed in a Bible class, I used the King James 1769 and it was very awkward in its expressions, so the New King James is much softer and easy to modern ears. There are some other revisions of KJV that are not as obvious as the NKJV.

I've tended to use NASB and have been comfortable with it.

But there is no perfect translation.

The various editions of KJV since 1611 are not considered "revisions."
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on October 4th, 2017, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.