Northwest Church of Christ, Seattle: Thou Hast Turned my Mourning into Dancing

May 31st, 2013, 3:48 pm #1

This is getting it on at Northwest Church of Christ in Seattle: one of my 'investments with the lord' that got stolen so they can be the CENTER OF WORSHIP:

http://www.piney.com/Northwest.Church.o ... ayers.html

Click for "turning worship into mockery"

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 7122_n.jpg

<font face="arial" size="4">The Declaration and Address PERVERTED by the musical bandits.

http://www.piney.com/RMDeclarAddress.html#order
WHAT JESUS COMMANDED TO BE TAUGHT AND OBSERVED

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

First. ALL authority belongs to Jesus Whom God made to be both Lord and Christ and Word and Grace.
Second. The command is to GO and make disciples
Third. The ONLY authority is to teach what Christ taught in the Prophets and Jesus made more certain and the Apostles left for our "memory."
Fourth. The EFFECT of Jesus Christ in Spirit being WITH them is based on the contract: YOU teach what I have commanded you to teach.
Fifth. There is no statute of limitations until Jesus returns and returns the Throne and authority to God.
Sixth. A Church of Christ is built upon (educated by) the Prophets and Apostles who were eye-- and ear-- witnesses.
Seventh. Peter said that COMBO was not subject to private interpretation or further expounding: that would mock the testimony that the Father left of His Son.

http://www.piney.com/2.Peter.1.Prophecy ... ation.html

Eighth. Anyone who did not TEACH that which is written is marked as a FALSE TEACHER following the pattern of the FALSE PROPHETS.

http://www.piney.com/2.Peter.2.Instrume ... ption.html

Peter SPECIFICIALLY warned about MUSICAL CORRUPTION.

The FALSE TEACHERS do not honor the Father's endorsement of the testimony (prophets and apostles) when they IGNORE direct commands and OUTLAWING of all of the hypocritic arts and artists when they TWIST the Campbell's to let THEM impose that which Christ and the Campbells FORBID. That is anyting you IMPOSE to deliberately sow discord so you can get your too-close--for--comfort companions a HOLY PLACE to stand and claim to be speaking for God.

2. That although the Church of Christ upon earth must necessarily exist in particular and distinct societies, locally separate one from another, yet there ought to be no schisms, no uncharitable divisions among them. They ought to receive each other as Christ Jesus hath also received them, to the glory of God.

And for this purpose they ought all to walk by the same rule, to mind and speak the same thing; and to be perfectly joined together in the same mind, and in the same judgment.

The ANTI-Biblical and therefore ANTI-Christian churches mock this as impossible. However, Paul repeated Christ's command for the church in the wilderness. SELF-pleasure OUTLAWS all of the music and performing artists:

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Romans 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification [EDUCATION]
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Romans 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Any DISCIPLE can understand this without being a detested "rationalists" in the words of John Mark Hicks who claims that the Campbells did NOT get their "hermeneutics" from the bible.

3. That in order to this, nothing ought to be inculcated upon Christians as articles of faith;
nor required of them as terms of communion,
but what is expressly taught and enjoined upon them in the word of God.
Nor ought anything to be admitted, as of Divine obligation, in their Church constitution and managements, (Locke LT)

http://www.piney.com/LockeTol.html#But

but what is expressly enjoined [epitak-tos injunctions, orders] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and his apostles upon the New Testament Church; either in express terms or by approved precedent.

The ANTIs claim that YOU cannot forbid me from adding anything which is not EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN. The instrumental idolaters REST on the CURSE of the Sacrificial system which THEY think was God's ORIGINAL command for "congregational singing with instrumental accompaniment."

4. That although the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inseparably connected, making together but one perfect and entire revelation of the Divine will, for the edification and salvation of the Church, and therefore in that respect can not be separated;

yet as to what directly and properly belongs to their immediate object, the New Testament is as for the worship, discipline, and government of the New Testament Church, and as perfect a rule for the particular duties of its members,

as the Old Testament was for the worship, discipline, and government of the Old Testament Church, and the particular duties of its members. (Declaration And Address)

Thou Hast Turned my Mourning into Dancing

http://www.piney.com/Thou.hast.turned.m ... ncing.html

Strong Delusions has God pointing you to "proof texts" intending to make or expose one as a fool who claim they are wise or SOPHISTS meaning self-speakers, singers, instrument players and actors up.

</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on June 4th, 2013, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 31st, 2013, 8:55 pm #2

Rubel Shelly Appeals to Higher Authority--Max Lucado

http://www.piney.com/http://www.piney.c ... Dance.html

I like the way my friend Max Lucado illustrated this difference in his book A Gentle Thunder.

Max compares the role of the Spirit in our lives to a guy who wants to learn to dance. He's a rational, intelligent sort of guy, so he goes to the bookstore and buys a how-to book. He takes it home and begins studying. He does everything it says with meticulous care. When the instructions say sway, he sways. When the instructions say lean, he leans. When the instructions say spin, he spins. He even cuts out paper footprints and arranges them on the family room floor so he will know exactly where to step.

Finally, he thinks he's got it down pat. He calls his wife in and says, "Honey, watch!" With book in hand and reading aloud so she'll know he's done his homework, he follows the instructions step by step. It says, "Take one step with your right foot." So he takes one step with his right foot. Then it says, "Turn slowly to the left." He turns slowly to the left. He keeps it up, reading and then moving, reading and dancing, through the whole thing.

Max Lucado: Then he collapses exhausted on the sofa and says to his wife, "What do you think? I executed it perfectly!" To which she replies, "You executed it all right. You killed it!"

The bumfuzzled husband says, "But I followed the rules, I laid out the pattern, I did everything the book said . . ."

"But," she sighs, "you forgot the most important part. Where was the music?"

With that, she puts on a CD. "Try it again. Quit worrying about the steps and just follow the music." She holds out her hand, and he gets up and takes it.

The music starts, and the next thing the guy knows

he's dancing without the book!

Max Lucado "closes the story with this: "We Christians are prone to follow the book while ignoring the music. We master the doctrine, outline the chapters, memorize the dispensations, debate the rules, and stiffly step down the dance floor of life with no music in our hearts.

Dancing with no music is tough stuff.

Jesus knew that.

For that reason, on the night before His death He introduced the disciples to the song maker of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit."

The JESUS of the Bible warned about these guys:

But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, matt 11:16

And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented. Matt 11:17

aule , Boeot. part. A. [select] aulin IG7.3211,3212 (Orchom. Boeot.): (aulos)lay on the flute, Phrugion aulsen melos
Pass., of tunes, to be played on the flute, ho Bakkheios rhuthmos uleito X. Smp.9.3; auleitai pan melathron is filled with music, E.IT367.

Paidarion (g3808) pahee-dar'-ee-on; neut. of a presumed der. of 3816; a little boy: - child, lad.

Pais (g3816) paheece; perh. from 3817; a boy (as often beaten with impunity), or (by anal.) a girl, and (gen.) a child; spec. a slave or servant (espec. a minister to a king; and by eminence to God): - child, maid (-en), (man) servant, son, young man.

God's Child (Dance With Me)
(Hey - Hey - Hey - Hey)
(Ho - Ho - Ho - Ho)
Who calls this child to walk on her own?
(Hey - Hey - Hey - Hey)
Who leads her down this treacherous road?
She's dancing to a song we can't hear
(Hey - Hey - Hey - Hey)
Ooh, come on down
Ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh
Ah, set me free (I want to be free) ha!
Come dance with me (dance with me)
Ooh, ahh, with me
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on May 31st, 2013, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 1st, 2013, 6:30 pm #3

This is getting it on at Northwest Church of Christ in Seattle: one of my 'investments with the lord' that got stolen so they can be the CENTER OF WORSHIP:

<font face="arial" size="4">The Declaration and Address PERVERTED by the musical bandits.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:

First. ALL authority belongs to Jesus Whom God made to be both Lord and Christ and Word and Grace.
Third. The ONLY authority is to teach what Christ taught in the Prophets and Jesus made more certain and the Apostles left for our "memory."
Fourth. The EFFECT of Jesus Christ in Spirit being WITH them is based on the contract: YOU teach what I have commanded you to teach.
Fifth. There is no statute of limitations until Jesus returns and returns the Throne and authority to God.
Sixth. A Church of Christ is built upon (educated by) the Prophets and Apostles who were eye-- and ear-- witnesses.
Seventh. Peter said that COMBO was not subject to private interpretation or further expounding: that would mock the testimony that the Father left of His Son.

Eighth. Anyone who did not TEACH that which is written is marked as a FALSE TEACHER following the pattern of the FALSE PROPHETS.

The FALSE TEACHERS do not honor the Father's endorsement of the testimony (prophets and apostles) when they IGNORE direct commands and OUTLAWING of all of the hypocritic arts and artists when they TWIST the Campbell's to let THEM impose that which Christ and the Campbells FORBID. That is anyting you IMPOSE to deliberately sow discord so you can get your too-close--for--comfort companions a HOLY PLACE to stand and claim to be speaking for God.

2. That although the Church of Christ upon earth must necessarily exist in particular and distinct societies, locally separate one from another, yet there ought to be no schisms, no uncharitable divisions among them. They ought to receive each other as Christ Jesus hath also received them, to the glory of God.

And for this purpose they ought all to walk by the same rule, to mind and speak the same thing; and to be perfectly joined together in the same mind, and in the same judgment.

The ANTI-Biblical and therefore ANTI-Christian churches mock this as impossible. However, Paul repeated Christ's command for the church in the wilderness. SELF-pleasure OUTLAWS all of the music and performing artists:

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
Romans 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification [EDUCATION]
Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,
Romans 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Any DISCIPLE can understand this without being a detested "rationalists" in the words of John Mark Hicks who claims that the Campbells did NOT get their "hermeneutics" from the bible.

3. That in order to this, nothing ought to be inculcated upon Christians as articles of faith;
Nor ought anything to be admitted, as of Divine obligation, in their Church constitution and managements, (Locke LT)

but what is expressly enjoined [epitak-tos injunctions, orders] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and his apostles upon the New Testament Church; either in express terms or by approved precedent.

The ANTIs claim that YOU cannot forbid me from adding anything which is not EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN. The instrumental idolaters REST on the CURSE of the Sacrificial system which THEY think was God's ORIGINAL command for "congregational singing with instrumental accompaniment."

4. That although the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inseparably connected, making together but one perfect and entire revelation of the Divine will, for the edification and salvation of the Church, and therefore in that respect can not be separated;

yet as to what directly and properly belongs to their immediate object, the New Testament is as for the worship, discipline, and government of the New Testament Church, and as perfect a rule for the particular duties of its members,

as the Old Testament was for the worship, discipline, and government of the Old Testament Church, and the particular duties of its members. (Declaration And Address)

Strong Delusions has God pointing you to "proof texts" intending to make or expose one as a fool who claim they are wise or SOPHISTS meaning self-speakers, singers, instrument players and actors up.

</font>
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Except for the band and instrumental music [which is expected to be incorporated into the "musical worship service" at Madison "in the (not-so-distant) future"], this is how the "MUSIC AND DANCE" act was recently performed on stage by Madison's "Worship Leader" with his Praise Team (2 men and 2 women), plus by the rest of the Praise Team on the floor.[/color]

[color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]SOURCE: You Have Turned My Mourning into Dancing [/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Several years ago, when Keith Lancaster was the "Worship Leader," one or two of the teens would do the 360-degree turn and draw some attention.

By comparison today, Chris Lindsey, the current "Worship Leader," and the CHOIR (Praise Team) would perform this music-and-dance act ON STAGE. (I think that the most recent performance act on stage did not induce the congregants to follow the MUSICAL LEADERS' act. Regardless of the maximized cheerleading efforts by the Musical Team, Madison is not quite ready to be that "charismatic."[/color]

June 1st, 2013, 8:14 pm #4

Rubel Shelly Appeals to Higher Authority--Max Lucado

http://www.piney.com/http://www.piney.c ... Dance.html

I like the way my friend Max Lucado illustrated this difference in his book A Gentle Thunder.

Max compares the role of the Spirit in our lives to a guy who wants to learn to dance. He's a rational, intelligent sort of guy, so he goes to the bookstore and buys a how-to book. He takes it home and begins studying. He does everything it says with meticulous care. When the instructions say sway, he sways. When the instructions say lean, he leans. When the instructions say spin, he spins. He even cuts out paper footprints and arranges them on the family room floor so he will know exactly where to step.

Finally, he thinks he's got it down pat. He calls his wife in and says, "Honey, watch!" With book in hand and reading aloud so she'll know he's done his homework, he follows the instructions step by step. It says, "Take one step with your right foot." So he takes one step with his right foot. Then it says, "Turn slowly to the left." He turns slowly to the left. He keeps it up, reading and then moving, reading and dancing, through the whole thing.

Max Lucado: Then he collapses exhausted on the sofa and says to his wife, "What do you think? I executed it perfectly!" To which she replies, "You executed it all right. You killed it!"

The bumfuzzled husband says, "But I followed the rules, I laid out the pattern, I did everything the book said . . ."

"But," she sighs, "you forgot the most important part. Where was the music?"

With that, she puts on a CD. "Try it again. Quit worrying about the steps and just follow the music." She holds out her hand, and he gets up and takes it.

The music starts, and the next thing the guy knows

he's dancing without the book!

Max Lucado "closes the story with this: "We Christians are prone to follow the book while ignoring the music. We master the doctrine, outline the chapters, memorize the dispensations, debate the rules, and stiffly step down the dance floor of life with no music in our hearts.

Dancing with no music is tough stuff.

Jesus knew that.

For that reason, on the night before His death He introduced the disciples to the song maker of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit."

The JESUS of the Bible warned about these guys:

But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows, matt 11:16

And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented. Matt 11:17

aule , Boeot. part. A. [select] aulin IG7.3211,3212 (Orchom. Boeot.): (aulos)lay on the flute, Phrugion aulsen melos
Pass., of tunes, to be played on the flute, ho Bakkheios rhuthmos uleito X. Smp.9.3; auleitai pan melathron is filled with music, E.IT367.

Paidarion (g3808) pahee-dar'-ee-on; neut. of a presumed der. of 3816; a little boy: - child, lad.

Pais (g3816) paheece; perh. from 3817; a boy (as often beaten with impunity), or (by anal.) a girl, and (gen.) a child; spec. a slave or servant (espec. a minister to a king; and by eminence to God): - child, maid (-en), (man) servant, son, young man.

God's Child (Dance With Me)
(Hey - Hey - Hey - Hey)
(Ho - Ho - Ho - Ho)
Who calls this child to walk on her own?
(Hey - Hey - Hey - Hey)
Who leads her down this treacherous road?
She's dancing to a song we can't hear
(Hey - Hey - Hey - Hey)
Ooh, come on down
Ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh
Ah, set me free (I want to be free) ha!
Come dance with me (dance with me)
Ooh, ahh, with me
Source: Music and Dance

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Music and Dance[/color]

by ~InsanelySweet, Apr 1, 2011, 7:28:46 AM

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dance and music go hand in hand
Bringing forth the magic of Life
Life whirls with a beat
Life sings with a rhythm
Music flows forth into the open air
Listen to the life as it buzzes into existence
Let your body move with the music
Become one with life as the beat moves you around
The music pumping though your veins
The beat reverberating though your chest
Souring straight to your heart
Takes root in your soul

Your voice screams in tune with the music being created
Your body moves in accord with the rhythm
Your feet jumping and stomping in movement with the beat
Hands outstretch to the open air
Laughter filters though those lips
You twirl and twist
Leap and jump

Let the music fill up
Only to dance it back out
An unbroken cycle that is only broken when the music ends
When death cuts in
Death will cut in on the dance as soon as it begins
Life will take Death by the hand and dance the night away to day
Life's scent makes you high
As soon as Life leaves the high shall fade
Leaving you an empty happiness

Wanting more
Waiting again
At the sidelines
Hearing the beat and rhythm
If you stay there waiting
Life will never come
Beat. Rhythm. Beat. Rhythm.
Pick up your feet
Scream till you're hoarse
Make your own music
Create your own life
Listen to the music as it wraps around you tight
Move with it to keep it going
Let yourself be swept away if only for a moment
Let music become your rhythm of life
And dance your beat
May Music make you take Flight in delight[/color]

[emphases mine, d.c.]

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]VIEW THIS SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONAL "HOW TO":[/color]
<blockquote> [color=#0000FF" size="5" face="times] Dance and Music Go Hand in Hand [/color]
</blockquote>

June 1st, 2013, 10:13 pm #5

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Except for the band and instrumental music [which is expected to be incorporated into the "musical worship service" at Madison "in the (not-so-distant) future"], this is how the "MUSIC AND DANCE" act was recently performed on stage by Madison's "Worship Leader" with his Praise Team (2 men and 2 women), plus by the rest of the Praise Team on the floor.[/color]

[color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]SOURCE: You Have Turned My Mourning into Dancing [/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Several years ago, when Keith Lancaster was the "Worship Leader," one or two of the teens would do the 360-degree turn and draw some attention.

By comparison today, Chris Lindsey, the current "Worship Leader," and the CHOIR (Praise Team) would perform this music-and-dance act ON STAGE. (I think that the most recent performance act on stage did not induce the congregants to follow the MUSICAL LEADERS' act. Regardless of the maximized cheerleading efforts by the Musical Team, Madison is not quite ready to be that "charismatic."[/color]
I am certain that lady was not have her "experience" with a HOLY spirit. The Egyptians used a literal ritual with a temple priest who told her that she was being enjoyed by Anubis. Well: gotta make a living someway.

That's what Paul called MANIA or madness which was characteristic of the Mad Women of Corinth: a daughter of eve the Mediatrix

Bill
Bill

June 1st, 2013, 10:42 pm #6

When Jesus said we must become as little children to enter the kingdom of heaven, I don't think He had this in mind. I would expect this sort of behavior from children in Romper Room, with "Do Bee" and "Don't Bee," but not from mature adults in a worship assembly.

June 2nd, 2013, 1:51 am #7

I am certain that lady was not have her "experience" with a HOLY spirit. The Egyptians used a literal ritual with a temple priest who told her that she was being enjoyed by Anubis. Well: gotta make a living someway.

That's what Paul called MANIA or madness which was characteristic of the Mad Women of Corinth: a daughter of eve the Mediatrix
"Top Comments" from the above link:

Jonnaphril Lastima
One morning during the burial of my mother, this song played in my head and don't know why. Now I know it is the Holy Spirit reminding me that He has caused my mourning into dancing, my sorrow into joy. It's been a year already. God's comfort and healing love never fails. Weee!! God is so sweet.

You've turned my mourning into dancing, You've turned my sorrow into joy. I love You too, Lord.

How can I not love You back for all You've done? You're the best, most awesome. Whoooohoo!!!
MrGoingtoheaven
Praise the Lord and pass your wallet.

Bill
Bill

June 2nd, 2013, 4:21 am #8

The ending of the "song" keeps repeating "This is how we overcome," yet the song doesn't exactly say WHAT we're supposed to "overcome," unless we infer that it is mourning. Evidently by jumping up and down, repeatedly pushing up in the air with both hands, and by turning around on the word "turned," we're supposed to "overcome" mourning -- or whatever else we want to "overcome." BTW, I'm sure we all realize that physically turning around 360 degrees is nothing but a gimmick that plays on "turned," which is an obvious misconception of what "turned" really means in the psalm.

June 2nd, 2013, 7:28 pm #9

</font>

June 3rd, 2013, 8:19 pm #10

The ending of the "song" keeps repeating "This is how we overcome," yet the song doesn't exactly say WHAT we're supposed to "overcome," unless we infer that it is mourning. Evidently by jumping up and down, repeatedly pushing up in the air with both hands, and by turning around on the word "turned," we're supposed to "overcome" mourning -- or whatever else we want to "overcome." BTW, I'm sure we all realize that physically turning around 360 degrees is nothing but a gimmick that plays on "turned," which is an obvious misconception of what "turned" really means in the psalm.
The ending of the "song" keeps repeating "This is how we overcome," yet....

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]This is typical of "Contemporary Christian Music."

"This Is How We Overcome"

Your light broke through my night, restored exceeding joy
You have turned my mourning into dancing.
You have turned my sorrow into joy.

This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome
This is how we overcome

Actually, I could have just written that line ("This is how we overcome") once with a note to repeat it X no. of times. But it's more impacting to the reader to visualize the repetition.

I have reviewed the YouTube demonstration of the action "praise" song a number of times. I seemed to have lost track of the repeated line, but I think the number is 12: 12 times. The song ended with that line repeated 12 times. And depending on the EXCITEMENT from that "religious experience," a musician may opt to pause and cheerlead ... then resume that line by repeating it 12 more times. This is the case in this YouTube version.[/color]