North Boulevard Church of Christ, Murfreesboro, TN

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

July 5th, 2010, 3:20 am #1

More than a decade ago (the Frog Boiling time) David Young came steaming into a lovely church in Murfreesboro, Tenn. I remember one of the few sermons I listened to boasting about convincing another preacher to NEVER AGAIN preach against instrumental music.

The new building program spent most of its money on what looked like a performing arts theater and my heart (and contributions) told me NOT to support what I was sure some of elders yearned for so that other people could come to the church.

http://www.piney.com/North.Boulevard.Ch ... hange.html

North Boulevard Church of Christ, Murfreesboro, TN: David Young Paper lurching toward Babylon. Jesus promised that He will be OUTSIDE the massed multitude suffering reproaches. Jesus said that the Father HIDES Himslf from the WISE.

X.Mem.1.6.13 Xen. Mem. 1.6.13
To this Socrates replied: Antiphon, it is common opinion among us
in regard to beauty and wisdom
that there is an honourable a
nd a shameful way of bestowing them.
For to offer one's beauty for money to all comers is called prostitution;
but we think it virtuous to become friendly with
a lover who is known to be a man of honour.

So is it with wisdom. Those who offer it to all comers for money
are known as sophists, prostitutors of wisdom,
but we think that he who makes a friend of one whom he knows to be gifted
by nature, and teaches him all the good he can,
fulfils the duty of a citizen and a gentleman.

THE WISE GOD WILL NEVER SPEAK TO:

Sophis-ts , ou, o(, A. master of one's craft, adept, expert, of diviners, Hdt.2.49; of poets, meletan sophistais prosbalon Pi.I.5(4).28, cf. Cratin.2; of musicians, sophists . . parapain khelun A.Fr.314, cf. Eup.447, Pl.Com. 140; sophist Thrki (sc. Thamyris) E.Rh.924, cf. Ath.14.632c: with modal words added, hoi s. tn hiern meln [melody in the holy place--a death sentence for any Levite]

I have reviewed their year old "white paper" which distorts every passage David could get his hands on. Since he is a DOCTOR OF THE LAW the elders--as usual--fall easily into the lies and fairy tales.

I will continue to review this.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

July 7th, 2010, 7:08 pm #2

The psychology of warning people that they must all be united and speak the same things missed several Biblical mandates.

God in Christ has supplied us all that we need for life and Godliness
We are sommanded to speak the same things by speaking THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN.
This CONTRADICTS the notion that once the preacher has decided WHAT to speak and HOW to speak then EVERYONE ELSE must conform that that planned sowing of discord.

There is no true scholarship which denies that the TEXT for the SCHOOL OF CHRIST is the word of Christ.

And the command to SPEAK the same things specificially outlaws SINGING what the praise singers wants to SANG.

Dave
Dave

July 8th, 2010, 2:46 pm #3

Hot there in Hohenwald too Ken? Just thought I would try and change the subject ole boy. You seem to have trouble with the one you are attempting to expound on with this posting. Then again, you always have. Ken, Christianity isn't a hobby, it is Life!

Kenneth Sublett
Kenneth Sublett

July 8th, 2010, 4:32 pm #4

Only my 90 pound wife has the stamina to go outside to water the plants and make me feel like a couch potatoE: but, I have no shame. Worst part is it is very dry. I have watermelons trying to drag themselves into the shade.

http://www.piney.com/Isa30LXX.html

Isaiah 30 as well as John in Revelation says that the PURPOSE DRIVEN HELL is a place for God to drive His enemies with the same musical sounds Lucifer--the singing and harp-playing prostitute--used to WHOLLY SEDUCE Eve.

Remember that HAND CLAPPING also means to HISS or to VOMIT:

Topheth "denotes properly what causes loathing or abhorrence; that which produces disgust and vomiting" (Barnes). This association between loathing of Topheth and the tabret was so clear that the early revisers have Job 17:6 KJV saying:

"He that speaketh flattery to his friends, even the eyes of his shildren shall fail. He hath made me also a byword of the people; and aforetime I was as a tabret."

Thus, "I was an abhorrence" became "I was a tabret." In either case one beat upon it or him when he was just as innocent as the child sacrificed to Moloch.

"This valley was early selected as the seat of the worship of Moloch, where his rites were celebrated by erecting a huge brazen image with a hollow trunk and arms, which was heated, and within which, or on the arms of which, children were placed as a sacrifice to the horrid idol. To drown their cries, drums were beaten, which were called Tophim." (Barnes, Isaiah 33, p. 463).

And his breath [SPIRIT], as rushing water in a valley, reach reach as far as the neck, and be divided, to confound the nations for their vain error; error also shall pursue them and overtake them. Isaiah 30:28 LXX

Must ye always rejoice, and go into my holy places continually, as they that keep a feast? and must ye go with a PIPE, as those that rejoice into the mountain of the Lord, to the God of Israel Isaiah 30:29 LXX

and the Lord shall make his glorious voice to be heard and the wrath of his arm, to make a display with wrath and anger and devouring flame: he shall lighten terribly, and his wrath shall be as water and violent hail. Isaiah 30:30 LXX

For by the voice of the Lord the Assyrians shall be overcome, even by the stroke where with he shall smite them. Isaiah 30:31 LXX

And it shall happen to him from every side, that they from whom their hope of assistance was, in which he trusted, themselves shall war against him in turn with drums and with harp. Isaiah 30:32 LXX

For thou shalt be required before thy time: has it been prepared for thee also to reign? nay, God has prepared for thee a deep trench, wood piled fire and much wood: the wrath of the Lord shall be as a trench kindled with sulphur. Isaiah 30:33 LXX

And it shall happen to him from every side, that they from whom their hope of assistance was, in which he trusted, themselves shall war against him in turn with drums and with harp. Isaiah 30:32 LXX

For thou shalt be required before thy time: has it been prepared for thee also to reign? nay, God has prepared for thee a deep trench, wood piled fire and much wood: the wrath of the Lord shall be as a trench kindled with sulphur. Isaiah 30:33 LXX

The Assyrians identify the "tallest tree in Eden" and the worship of Israel after God turned them over to worship the starry host BECAUSE of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai."

I have added content to the Murfreesboro review to add the ABSOLUTE mark of an effeminate takeover.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

July 13th, 2010, 4:18 pm #5

More than a decade ago (the Frog Boiling time) David Young came steaming into a lovely church in Murfreesboro, Tenn. I remember one of the few sermons I listened to boasting about convincing another preacher to NEVER AGAIN preach against instrumental music.

The new building program spent most of its money on what looked like a performing arts theater and my heart (and contributions) told me NOT to support what I was sure some of elders yearned for so that other people could come to the church.

North Boulevard Church of Christ, Murfreesboro, TN: David Young Paper lurching toward Babylon. Jesus promised that He will be OUTSIDE the massed multitude suffering reproaches. Jesus said that the Father HIDES Himslf from the WISE.

Sophis-ts , ou, o(, A. master of one's craft, adept, expert, of diviners, Hdt.2.49; of poets, meletan sophistais prosbalon Pi.I.5(4).28, cf. Cratin.2; of musicians, sophists . . parapain khelun A.Fr.314, cf. Eup.447, Pl.Com. 140; sophist Thrki (sc. Thamyris) E.Rh.924, cf. Ath.14.632c: with modal words added, hoi s. tn hiern meln [melody in the holy place--a death sentence for any Levite]

I have reviewed their year old "white paper" which distorts every passage David could get his hands on. Since he is a DOCTOR OF THE LAW the elders--as usual--fall easily into the lies and fairy tales.

The Sons of God
http://www.piney.com/BabSonsOfGod.html

The Great Red Dragon
http://www.piney.com/Hisl71.html

Clement the Origin of Idolatry
http://www.piney.com/FathRecClemBIV.html#P2212_635312

But in process of time, the worship of God and righteousness were corrupted by the unbelieving and the wicked, as we shall show more fully by and by.

Moreover, perverse and erratic religions were introduced, to which the greater part of men gave themselves up,

by occasion of holidays and solemnities, instituting drinkings and banquets,
following pipes, and flutes, and harps, and diverse kinds of musical instruments,
and indulging themselves in all kinds of drunkenness and luxury.

Hence every kind of error took rise; hence they invented groves and altars, fillets and victims, and after drunkenness they were agitated as if with mad emotions.

By this means power was given to the demons to enter into minds of this sort, so that they seemed to lead insane dances and to rave like Bacchanalians; hence were invented the gnashing of teeth, and bellowing from the depth of their bowels; hence a terrible countenance and a fierce aspect in men, so that he whom drunkenness had subverted and a demon had instigated, was believed by the deceived and the erring to be filled with the Deity.

Chapter VII.-Sacrificial Orgies.

http://www.piney.com/FathClemHomIX.html#P4432_1313714

"But they did not cease to worship images, by reason of the evil intelligence of the magicians, who found excuses for them, which had power to constrain them to the foolish worship For, establishing this things by magical ceremonies, they assigned them feasts from sacrifices, libations, flutes, and shoutings,

by means of which senseless men, being deceived, and their kingdom being taken from them, yet did not desist from the worship that they had taken up with.

To such an extent did they prefer error, on account of its pleasantness, before truth.

They also howl after their sacrificial surfeit, their soul from the depth, as it were by dreams, forewarning them of the punishment that is to befall such deeds of theirs.

Dave
Dave

July 17th, 2010, 4:26 pm #6

Ken,
Did your mother never tell you?.....'If you can't say something nice about someone, this keep your mouth shut!'
It would kill you if you couldn't talk down about someone else, wouldn't it?

Phillipians 1
15It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

July 27th, 2010, 11:34 pm #7

Psalm 1 uses the explicit language of the places in the THEATER.

Psa. 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
....nor standeth in the way of sinners,
....nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Psa. 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD;
....and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psa. 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
....that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
....his leaf also shall not wither;
....and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Psa. 1:4 The ungodly are not so:
....but are like the chaff which the wind (spirit) driveth away.
Psa. 1:5 Therefore the ungodly
....shall not stand in the judgment,
....nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
Psa. 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous:
....but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

I have done a quickie study of Psalm 2 with links to mostly the Latin words. The raging of the heathen is what went on in the theater in Psalm 1. The preacher in Murfreesboro has divine permission to IMAGINE after undergoing the witchery being trafficked at the once-Christian colleges.

....Psalm 2:1 WHY do the heathen rage,
........and the people imagine a vain thing?
....Psalm 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
........and the rulers take counsel together,
........against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,
....Psalm 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder,
........and cast away their cords from us.

That's so they can BIND you with their own chains.

http://www.piney.com/Psalm.2.Why.Heathen.Rage.html

THEY call it praise singing: one of the oldest most superstitious practices we lerned in Cave Man 101a.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

July 29th, 2010, 1:56 pm #8

Ken,
Did your mother never tell you?.....'If you can't say something nice about someone, this keep your mouth shut!'
It would kill you if you couldn't talk down about someone else, wouldn't it?

Phillipians 1
15It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice
Dave wrote: "Ken, Did your mother never tell you?.....'If you can't say something nice about someone, [then] keep your mouth shut!' It would kill you if you couldn't talk down about someone else, wouldn't it?"

Dave should take his own advice. He comes to this site to smear it and to rag Ken especially. If Dave can't find anything nice to say about this site and about Ken, then Dave should keep his own mouth shut.

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

July 29th, 2010, 2:46 pm #9

Ezek. 33:1 Again the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Ezek. 33:2 Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them,
......When I bring the sword upon a land,
......if the people of the land take a man of their coasts,
......and set him for their watchman:

Ezek. 33:3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land,
......he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;
Ezek. 33:4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet,
......and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away,
......his blood shall be upon his own head.

Ezek. 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet,
......and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him.
......But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

Ezek. 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come,
......and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned;
......if the sword come, and take any person from among them,
......he is taken away in his iniquity;
......but his blood will I require at the watchmans hand.

Whether assigned or not I take my stand on the tower. Almost none of the preaching tribe can find a jot or tittle against instruments in the whole Bible. I am not surprised so I will warn that delusional people believe they are God-sent. And lambs are too timid to challenge "god's anointeds."

Ezek. 33:30 Also, thou son of man,
......the children of thy people still are talking against thee
......by the walls and in the doors of the houses,
......and speak one to another, every one to his brother, saying,
......Come, I pray you, and hear what is the word that cometh forth from the LORD.

Ezek. 33:31 And they come unto thee as the people cometh,
......and they sit before thee as my people,
......and they hear thy words, but they will not do them:

......for with their mouth they shew much love,
......but their heart goeth after their covetousness.

Ezek. 33:32 And, lo, thou art unto them
......as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice,
......and can play well on an instrument:
......for they hear thy words, but they do them not.

Ezek. 33:33 And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,)
......then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them.

Rocnar
Rocnar

July 29th, 2010, 4:21 pm #10

Dave wrote: "Ken, Did your mother never tell you?.....'If you can't say something nice about someone, [then] keep your mouth shut!' It would kill you if you couldn't talk down about someone else, wouldn't it?"

Dave should take his own advice. He comes to this site to smear it and to rag Ken especially. If Dave can't find anything nice to say about this site and about Ken, then Dave should keep his own mouth shut.
Dr. Crump, I agree with you, we should all take Dave's advice.

Dr. Crump, do you ever take in any of the live shows at the "TPAC"?
You are lucky to live so close. Nashville must be a great place to live.