North Atlanta Church of Christ , Atlanta, Ga.

North Atlanta Church of Christ , Atlanta, Ga.

Doug
Doug

March 13th, 2006, 11:36 pm #1

The North Atlanta Church of Christ is now offering yoga classes. I assume that's ok but I just wanted to run it by people and get other perspectives.
Last edited by ConcernedMembers on March 14th, 2006, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken
Ken

March 14th, 2006, 2:11 am #2

Is that Yoga Bear or the type you eat?

I propose that all members of the church go through a 12 step Yoga program.

That will guarantee that they can memorize a chapter of the Bible and sit in the floor cross legged. That a way they can do "ekklesia" and speak to themselves and not take notice of the sermon about why the Bible has been replaced but NOT the preacher, the sangers doing acrobatics and ESPECIALLY the collection plate as it passes by.

Finally, a solution is in hand.

John
John

March 14th, 2006, 8:57 pm #3

The North Atlanta Church of Christ is now offering yoga classes. I assume that's ok but I just wanted to run it by people and get other perspectives.
Doug you trying to stir up something? What ole Doug left out here was in a seperate building on the property is a very nice Family Enrichment Center open and used by members as well as non members. As part of their city wide outreach there is a basketball court, a running track, exercise classes all under the supervision of a full time director. Many non members of many churches complain when they visit they just don't know anyone and feel left out. One of the purposes here was to allow people to get to know the North Atlanta thru various programs for adults and teenagers in hopes there would be furthur interest to worship and grow in this body. You won't find a more focused and clear minister than Don McLaughlin or elders more sensitive doing the right thing.
If Doug were a member there he'd know the intentions and the successes. If he was a visitor he could have asked anyone in leadership to comment and his concerns would have been heard and answered with the church's reasons.
Instead he goes to a national website to make a comment that risks being taken out of context?

Doug, for future inquiries the church's phone number is 770 399 5222 and an elder is almost always there or will return a call.

March 14th, 2006, 9:34 pm #4

Yoga and Christianity: Are They Compatible?

"In my opinion, then, Christians would be better off to never begin yoga practice."
http://www.probe.org/content/view/967/0/

Ken Sublett
Ken Sublett

March 14th, 2006, 11:08 pm #5

Doug you trying to stir up something? What ole Doug left out here was in a seperate building on the property is a very nice Family Enrichment Center open and used by members as well as non members. As part of their city wide outreach there is a basketball court, a running track, exercise classes all under the supervision of a full time director. Many non members of many churches complain when they visit they just don't know anyone and feel left out. One of the purposes here was to allow people to get to know the North Atlanta thru various programs for adults and teenagers in hopes there would be furthur interest to worship and grow in this body. You won't find a more focused and clear minister than Don McLaughlin or elders more sensitive doing the right thing.
If Doug were a member there he'd know the intentions and the successes. If he was a visitor he could have asked anyone in leadership to comment and his concerns would have been heard and answered with the church's reasons.
Instead he goes to a national website to make a comment that risks being taken out of context?

Doug, for future inquiries the church's phone number is 770 399 5222 and an elder is almost always there or will return a call.
I see that Don is a speaker at the Tulsa Soul Sellers Workshop?

Have you noticed that Max Lucado is speaking for the churches of Christ on the music thingy? Sounds like the fix is in this year like all of the other "unity" meeting to sell us some more non-instrumental churches of Christ to the "conservative" Christian churches.

They are selling the BIG LIE that churces of Christ and Christian Churches were once UNITED. However, they say and say and say, that churches of Christ destroyed everything with the 1906 census. Of course, literacy 101aaa knows that the groups had different roots and were NEVER part of the same movement.

I have posted some tidbits here to prove that the churches of Christ simply refused to be INDUCTED as members of the Disciples Denomination. The official census did not occur until AFTERWARD.

http://www.piney.com/TulsaWorkshop.html

Bob Russell -- Christian Church will defend INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC

Max Lucado -- had vision to remove CHRIST and add INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC.

They both use the same collection of false information to prove their point.

After all, the TAG TEAM are both on the same side! Isn't that the meaning of TAG TEAM.

My daughter spent a few years at North Atlanta so I would be interested in knowing whether you are using the Musical Worship Team as the precursor for instruments or not. It seems that most of the churches who have been betrayed are facilitating things by making their church finance NEW CHURCHES which take Christ out of their sight and add instruments to "save more souls." I wonder if the Yoga is not part of a broader Social Gospel?

Thanks, Ken Sublett

Preston
Preston

March 15th, 2006, 4:35 pm #6

Romans 10:2
"For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on KNOWLEDGE."

I Corinthians 8:1
"...KNOWLEDGE puffs up, but LOVE builds up.

MW
MW

March 15th, 2006, 5:14 pm #7

Yoga and Christianity: Are They Compatible?

"In my opinion, then, Christians would be better off to never begin yoga practice."
http://www.probe.org/content/view/967/0/
Yes, First Yoga, then before you know - Bingo a community church. I think Rick Warren started with Yoga!

Johnny Johnson
Johnny Johnson

March 15th, 2006, 5:37 pm #8

I see that Don is a speaker at the Tulsa Soul Sellers Workshop?

Have you noticed that Max Lucado is speaking for the churches of Christ on the music thingy? Sounds like the fix is in this year like all of the other "unity" meeting to sell us some more non-instrumental churches of Christ to the "conservative" Christian churches.

They are selling the BIG LIE that churces of Christ and Christian Churches were once UNITED. However, they say and say and say, that churches of Christ destroyed everything with the 1906 census. Of course, literacy 101aaa knows that the groups had different roots and were NEVER part of the same movement.

I have posted some tidbits here to prove that the churches of Christ simply refused to be INDUCTED as members of the Disciples Denomination. The official census did not occur until AFTERWARD.

http://www.piney.com/TulsaWorkshop.html

Bob Russell -- Christian Church will defend INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC

Max Lucado -- had vision to remove CHRIST and add INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC.

They both use the same collection of false information to prove their point.

After all, the TAG TEAM are both on the same side! Isn't that the meaning of TAG TEAM.

My daughter spent a few years at North Atlanta so I would be interested in knowing whether you are using the Musical Worship Team as the precursor for instruments or not. It seems that most of the churches who have been betrayed are facilitating things by making their church finance NEW CHURCHES which take Christ out of their sight and add instruments to "save more souls." I wonder if the Yoga is not part of a broader Social Gospel?

Thanks, Ken Sublett
This should be the best Tulsa Workshop ever! I'm glad they are finally progressing to Max and ZOE Group. The crowds should get larger and larger for years to come now. Maybe next year they'll invite some good christian bands. I love it!

Sal O.
Sal O.

March 16th, 2006, 12:20 am #9

Yes, First Yoga, then before you know - Bingo a community church. I think Rick Warren started with Yoga!
"I think Rick Warren started with Yoga!"

You probably really do think that. It probably never occured to you that he may have started with prayer, Bible study and a humble heart. That MIGHT... just MIGHT be the reason God has blessed his church with 20-100 TIMES (litrerally) more converts than yours.

Try it. It really does work. If not... there's always yoga!

gary doyle
gary doyle

March 16th, 2006, 5:07 pm #10

hey why not just go with bingo straight out. that's kinda like casting lots and they did that in the bible.