New Senior Minister at Madison (and Returning to "the Old Paths"?)

Concerned Member
Concerned Member

December 17th, 2012, 1:30 pm #1

I heard they appointed a new senior minister/pastor at Madison yesterday, any news on who? Could this guy return them to the old paths?

The Senior Preaching Pastor claims that "I vote with the elders because I am the Authoratative Teacher." They claim the role of Jesus as both Rabbi and Mediator-Intercessor

Parasites: all religious operatives such as the Priests and Levites were called Parasites. A parasite specificially identifies speakers, singers, instrument players and actors.

http://www.piney.com/Robert.Ballard.Are ... sites.html

http://www.piney.com/Preaching.for.Pay.and.Simony.html

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on July 28th, 2014, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 17th, 2012, 6:33 pm #2

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]I find it interesting that you termed it "minister/pastor."

Was that intended to include "'pastor' in the church of Christ" in the discussion [which, by the way, is what we're hearing more and more of]?

Or, was that a reminder to members of the church of Christ that a local evangelist (at the same time) can hold an office as one of the congregation's group of pastors or elders? That the church believes, not just in one pastor or elder serving, but in the plurality of pastors or elders leading the local church?

Another interesting point is in your question of -- "Could this guy return them to the old paths?" -- which leads to a more interesting question: Does the current leadership even know "the old paths"?[/color]

[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times][It is not our intent to make this thread into a gossip column. Rather, we desire that we publish the truth to serve as "lessons learned" as we combat the efforts of change agents operating in the brotherhood, who are busily creating confusion and division among congregations (esp. "mega" ones) while changing and "transforming" (converting) them into Saddleback-style Community Churches. Also, sorry, I wasn't in attendance when the announcement was made; but we're giving this thread the "benefit."][/color]
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on February 22nd, 2013, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 17th, 2012, 10:26 pm #3

I heard they appointed a new senior minister/pastor at Madison yesterday, any news on who? Could this guy return them to the old paths?

The Senior Preaching Pastor claims that "I vote with the elders because I am the Authoratative Teacher." They claim the role of Jesus as both Rabbi and Mediator-Intercessor

Parasites: all religious operatives such as the Priests and Levites were called Parasites. A parasite specificially identifies speakers, singers, instrument players and actors.

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Scripture posted this notice (cf. this thread initiated by MCC-Torn: Children perform with instrument track at Madison, November 27 2012, 3:01 PM):[/color]
Subject: Promotion at Madison

The Sr. Minister has been "promoted" to Associate Minister.

He stated that he was in full agreement with the program of the Elders. The elders announced that they had accepted his "resignation" but no compliment was forthcoming.

Scripture
Scripture

December 18th, 2012, 12:00 am #4

Perhaps the "Sr. Minister" presented a "moving" sermon before his announced departure. Then he would be moving on to a new position.

Often the "moving" moment may not come in a sermon. Perhaps it's when, after receiving an evaluation from the elders, he says "now I want to set up a time for me to give you some recommendations on how you can improve YOUR performance."

When elders learn more, then they may be booted up to the "office" of "Sr. Minister."

The elders assured the congregation on the Morning of Dec 16, 2012, that they Holy Spirit had helped them select this new preacher. They had looked nationwide, then realized that the new selection was right in their presence.

December 18th, 2012, 12:40 am #5

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]After you provided the info regarding "the promotion" [demotion, correct?], I made inquiries related to the somewhat unexpected announcement. I was informed that Phil Barnes would be going into the "mortuary" business. (I'm still trying to "connect" the dots.)[/color]

December 18th, 2012, 1:03 am #6

Perhaps the "Sr. Minister" presented a "moving" sermon before his announced departure. Then he would be moving on to a new position.

Often the "moving" moment may not come in a sermon. Perhaps it's when, after receiving an evaluation from the elders, he says "now I want to set up a time for me to give you some recommendations on how you can improve YOUR performance."

When elders learn more, then they may be booted up to the "office" of "Sr. Minister."

The elders assured the congregation on the Morning of Dec 16, 2012, that they Holy Spirit had helped them select this new preacher. They had looked nationwide, then realized that the new selection was right in their presence.

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Scripture,

Would you confirm if Jason, the "youth minister," is officially Phil Barnes' successor per announcement last Sunday?

The events (speculations and actual) that have been occurring in the last months of the congregation's life ... seem delicately unbelievable and incomprehensible!!!!![/color]

Scripture
Scripture

December 18th, 2012, 2:41 am #7

Yes, not the satellite preacher.

But the youth minister.

December 18th, 2012, 3:03 am #8

http://www.zoominfo.com/#!search/profil ... id=profile

Jason Shepherd, Student ...
www.madisoncofc.org, 12 Aug 2012 [cached]
Jason Shepherd, Student Minister, 615-860-3239, Jason@madisoncofc.org
Follow Jason on Twitter @jasonshep
This time is taught by our Student Minister, Jason Shepherd.
Hermitage Church of Christ
www.hermitagechurchofchrist.org, 9 Dec 2011 [cached]
Youth Minister: Jason Shepherd jshep@hccfamily.com
FaithSite.com
unitedministries.faithsite.com, 2 Aug 2006 [cached]
Jason Shepherd
Jason Shepherd - Youth Minister jshep@hccfamily.com
Staff
www.fbcweatherford.org, 8 Jan 2003 [cached]
Jay Shepherd was called to serve as Minister of Education in June 2000 from the Atlanta, Georgia area where he was Minister to Adults at First Baptist Church of Smyrna.He brings seventeen years of ministry experience to FBC having served at churches in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Georgia.A native Texan, Jay was raised in Longview where he graduated from Longview High School.Thereafter he continued his education by graduating from Kilgore College, Texas Tech University, and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.He is married to Vivian Wood Shepherd and they have two children.
You may contact Jay at 817.594.5457 or by e-mail at: jayshepherd@mail.com.
www.hccfamily.com, 1 Mar 2009 [cached]
Jason Shepherd
Jason Shepherd Youth Minister jshep@hccfamily.com

View All Web References >>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on December 18th, 2012, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 18th, 2012, 6:00 am #9

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]When Phil Barnes was the minister at the Hermitage Church of Christ, Jason Shepherd was its youth minister.

Barnes replaced Bruce White and became Madison's minister in the fall of 2004. Jason was employed as Madison's youth minister later on [don't recall when exactly].

This bit of information may help. Click this forum: Hermitage Church of Christ, Hermitage, Tn. - Could we please be free standing from Madison [LOGIN: Hermitage Church of Christ "HCC"].

This thread was published February 7 2006 at 3:38 PM by Jason [which indicates that Jason was still Hermitage's youth minister (?) in 2006]. Here's the initial post of the thread:[/color]
=================================
We are proudly becoming a more progressive church as is Madison. Could we please have our own church heading so I don't have to go under Madison to find out what is happening at Hermitage? Thank you.

P.S. possible names for the Heading:
HCC
Family of God at Hermitage
Hermitage church of Christ
Hermitage CoC
Hermitage CofC
Sorry we don't have "Hills" in our names but there is a baptist church across the street that does.
Hermitage:The Madison Satilite
Hermitage Body of Christ
Hermitage Church
The church of Christ that meets a Hermitage
A church of Christ meets here
A church of Christ meets at Hermitage

Just a few suggestions.

Thanks
=================================

... to which I responded:<blockquote>=================================
Subject: This is the best we can offer...
Posted: February 8 2006, 11:58 PM

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Jason,

As Hermitage's Youth Minister, you have a valid point. However, there is a Madison-Hermitage connection. Madison's "Worship" Leader's Praise Team has performed at Hermitage. Your former "pulpit minister" is now Madison's "senior minister."

BTW, this is the best we can offer -- I think this thread should serve the purpose ... posting messages that pertain to the Hermitage body.

Let us know what's going on at Hermitage.

Donnie
=================================[/color]
</blockquote>
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Then, several months later, a Hermitage member posted on December 14 2007, 2:53 PM:

[/color]
The pulpit minister at Hermitage-the man leading the destruction of this church with his agenda-has resigned [...].
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Now, the timeline of events between Hermitage and Madison has got me confused -- when was Jason employed by Madison as its youth minister?[/color]

Jimmy Joe
Jimmy Joe

December 18th, 2012, 6:46 am #10

Donnie, I believe that timelines are not the only thing that has you confused. Since you did not attend last Sunday I guess you'll have to dig a little deeper to be able to spread your gossip. I also see that Ken's deep research led him to profile someone that is not Jason Shepherd. Keep up the good work guys. (Sarcasm)