December 19th, 2012, 3:18 pm #21

I heard they appointed a new senior minister/pastor at Madison yesterday, any news on who? Could this guy return them to the old paths?

The Senior Preaching Pastor claims that "I vote with the elders because I am the Authoratative Teacher." They claim the role of Jesus as both Rabbi and Mediator-Intercessor

Parasites: all religious operatives such as the Priests and Levites were called Parasites. A parasite specificially identifies speakers, singers, instrument players and actors.

http://www.piney.com/Robert.Ballard.Are ... sites.html

http://www.piney.com/Preaching.for.Pay.and.Simony.html

"Could this guy return them to the old paths?"

Absolutely not. Jason Shepherd has led the youth group and their instrumental music activities since the elders authorized this with the "new vision" earlier this year.

A few years ago, Jason was preaching on Sunday morning, and he started his sermon by playing part of the pop song "Billionaire" over the speakers. When the youth started singing along, he encouraged them to sing. I remember this well because I had out of town guests visiting that day.

Even though Jason played the "censored" version, the original song contains an f-word expletive in the first line. I doubt if that was lost on the youth and others familiar with pop music.

I personally do not care what people wear to church, but I would assume that regularly wearing torn clothing while preaching or leading prayers at worship wouldn't be considered following the "old paths" but I'm sure it impresses the kids. It is my opinion that pleasing the youth group is now the primary purpose of the Madison Church (of Christ - for now).

December 19th, 2012, 5:51 pm #22

God promised to send strong delusions in the form of lyingt wonders to those who do not have any respect for Jesus and HIS Word. The discorders will never be able to read the text but, children grow up and they will curse their leaders for leading them into the pattern of the Babylon Mother of Harlots: she uses lusted after fruits as spakers, singers, instrument players and ALL teknokrats selling the free word and John calls them SORCERERS and says that they will or perhaps ARE casting themselves alive into the lake of fire.

There is no reason that any person with all of the "degrees" offerended by institutes can know enough to use his own imagination or the music of the fruity-cakes. That's why the command is to PREACH the Word by READING the Word.

Judas didn't know that he was in the clutches of the Devil until Jesus flashed the SOP word: Psallo has the same root word and the TRIUMPH OVER Messiah in prophecy is by using MUSICAL NOISE MAKERS to tickle and abrade all of the pleasure centers.

Isaiah 3 warned about the women and BOYS ruling over and all of the MARKS proves that Satan is working really hard to take down Madison which still boasts about being the BIGGEST with 5500 members.

Jason never read the prophets and ignored the fact that the church is EDUCATED on the Prophets and Apostles because Christ led the Prophets and Jesus as the Christ made the prophecies more certain. Otherwise he would know that he/they are musically mocking and smiting Jesus with any kind of musical performance. Sorry, Jacon but history knows absolutely no exception to the personal of rhetoricians, singers and instrument players which Jesus called HYPOCRITES.

We don't say that the heads are like that just that recorded history knows no exception.

Jimmy Joe
Jimmy Joe

December 20th, 2012, 1:31 am #23

"Could this guy return them to the old paths?"

Absolutely not. Jason Shepherd has led the youth group and their instrumental music activities since the elders authorized this with the "new vision" earlier this year.

A few years ago, Jason was preaching on Sunday morning, and he started his sermon by playing part of the pop song "Billionaire" over the speakers. When the youth started singing along, he encouraged them to sing. I remember this well because I had out of town guests visiting that day.

Even though Jason played the "censored" version, the original song contains an f-word expletive in the first line. I doubt if that was lost on the youth and others familiar with pop music.

I personally do not care what people wear to church, but I would assume that regularly wearing torn clothing while preaching or leading prayers at worship wouldn't be considered following the "old paths" but I'm sure it impresses the kids. It is my opinion that pleasing the youth group is now the primary purpose of the Madison Church (of Christ - for now).
Seems like a lot of conjecture taking place. To simplify things, I believe one can either support the new pulpit minister and congregation or not. Now how hard was that? Donnie as to your question of when Jason became the youth minister, I don't really know and why does it matter? He begins his new position the first of the year.

December 20th, 2012, 3:06 am #24

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Therefore, mine was a question -- not a gossip.[/color]

December 20th, 2012, 3:43 am #25

I heard they appointed a new senior minister/pastor at Madison yesterday, any news on who? Could this guy return them to the old paths?

The Senior Preaching Pastor claims that "I vote with the elders because I am the Authoratative Teacher." They claim the role of Jesus as both Rabbi and Mediator-Intercessor

Parasites: all religious operatives such as the Priests and Levites were called Parasites. A parasite specificially identifies speakers, singers, instrument players and actors.

The Israelites slandered God with musical idolatry and arousing people to irreverence. The Jacob-cursed and God-abandoned Levites (Jason's PATTERN) executed 3000 of the "brethren" and others were consumed with fire.

http://www.piney.com/MuSinai.html

The Spirit of Christ affirms this musical idolatry as without redemption in may prophets.

http://www.piney.com/MuSinai2.html

In the end time God pours out the wine of His wrath without mixture with water and then cast the speakers, singers and instrument players into the Lake of Fire--while still living. The evidence is that God is taking down HIS ENEMIES with wind, string and percussion instruments as Christ promised in Isaiah 30 and Revelation.

There is no reason that Jason should know any of these facts because only those with A holy spirit are given the ability to read BLACK text on BROWN paper. Otherwise, all of the musical slanderers would know that God is still A CONSUMING FIRE.

Nope, they didn't have a course in word mining for only those who are diligent seekers who care to be saved. I will put this quick research on the web so that disciples can look up the reason why MOST are WISE (speakers, singers, instrument players) and God HIDES from you or the WORLD or Kosmos for whom Jesus does not even pray.

This data defines WHY those who slander God in Christ will NEVER man up and need to give an answer.

B
B

December 20th, 2012, 3:56 am #26

Seems like a lot of conjecture taking place. To simplify things, I believe one can either support the new pulpit minister and congregation or not. Now how hard was that? Donnie as to your question of when Jason became the youth minister, I don't really know and why does it matter? He begins his new position the first of the year.
Seems like MCC-Torn has first-hand knowledge of this guy Jason's supporting instrumental music and playing "censored" pop songs in worship to appeal to the youth. That doesn't sound like "conjecture"; that sounds like MCC-Torn was an eye witness. Now if this Jason fellow has a history of pulling those kinds of stunts, is he likely to do the same or worse when he becomes the new pulpit minister in January? If so, then Madison would be a church to avoid.

Rocky
Rocky

December 20th, 2012, 1:16 pm #27

I agree with "B", if you don't like what is happening at Madison then stay away from Madison.

B
B

December 20th, 2012, 3:49 pm #28

"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city" (Mark 6:11 KJV).

Just as the apostles shook the dust from their feet against those who would not receive the Gospel, so we should shake the proverbial dust from our feet against those churches that, despite the teachings of the New Testament, dabble in unscriptural practices and the agenda of worldly men.

December 20th, 2012, 7:10 pm #29

Remember that this forum was started because Madison was one of the first churches to fall as a result of Shelly and Acthley who said "we let our youth hear lots of Christian Bands (a blasphemy) to teach them to leave our movement. Madison has been at it for the normal expected time to rout out all of the mothers and fathers and BRAND ALTER the youth using music: all recorded history knows that you can even use music to cause women to betray their own mothers.

Madison is a Poster Child: otherwise, dusting feet would be good advice. It is important to see the PATTERNISM Lucifer (the singing and harp playing prostitute in the garden of Eden) uses to make the lambs dumb before the slaughter. Here is some Hebrews 12 in Latin defining how the world was SHAKEN at Mount Sinai and was/is scheduled to be repeated when the Babylon Mother of Harlots (Rev 17) uses "lusted after fruits" as speakers, singers and instrument players whom John calls SORCERERS (Rev 18) and WILL BE cast alive into the lake of fire.

Most "clergy" will not grasp it and the DISCORDERS won't grasp it until the SOP (Psallo) Word gets them indwelled by Satan and having failed will have to do the Judas maneuver. They do the whiney-boyling "Je-Zeus paid it all" but THEY want to get paid to slander Jesus who TAUGHT it all.

Scripture
Scripture

December 20th, 2012, 8:18 pm #30

Seems like MCC-Torn has first-hand knowledge of this guy Jason's supporting instrumental music and playing "censored" pop songs in worship to appeal to the youth. That doesn't sound like "conjecture"; that sounds like MCC-Torn was an eye witness. Now if this Jason fellow has a history of pulling those kinds of stunts, is he likely to do the same or worse when he becomes the new pulpit minister in January? If so, then Madison would be a church to avoid.
One thing he [new pulpit minister] did on one Sunday late worship was to instruct everyone to turn around during the Lord's Supper and tell what kind of things happened in their lives during the week. This was apparently an attempt to kill the quiet and get everyone into everyone else's business [just one interpretation]. By the way, QUIET is not something that can be tolerated in this New York Minute culture.

No one did what he suggested--they just continued to sit and honored the Lord's Supper as usual. He was ignored. What will be interesting is that as weekly pulpit minister, how many of these unusual requests will have to be done until there is some elder intervention. Pulpit minister, watch out!

I think we may see more of this--during the Lord's Supper getting up and praying with small groups in the assembly. Or this may happen at other quieter moments.

Clapping is done by only a small minority during singing--I'm saying only about 10 percent. I noticed a previous pulpit minister, who sitting in the audience two or three years ago never clapped--just his wife.

Members in the assembly are not just that malleable. Look toward many refusing to take part in these displays. Get ready for the action! Of course, the tactic of the "truly spiritual" [in their opinion] is to wait, and keep the frog in the warming pan.