Anonymous
Anonymous

December 18th, 2012, 2:20 pm #11

I heard they appointed a new senior minister/pastor at Madison yesterday, any news on who? Could this guy return them to the old paths?

The Senior Preaching Pastor claims that "I vote with the elders because I am the Authoratative Teacher." They claim the role of Jesus as both Rabbi and Mediator-Intercessor

Parasites: all religious operatives such as the Priests and Levites were called Parasites. A parasite specificially identifies speakers, singers, instrument players and actors.

http://www.piney.com/Robert.Ballard.Are ... sites.html

http://www.piney.com/Preaching.for.Pay.and.Simony.html

......never joke about a bunch of ladies that like to gossip....ok? You guys would put them all to shame.
2 Corinthians 12:20
For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.

Looks like you have most of them covered here.....

===================
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Know the above poster: Dave Fields[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on December 19th, 2012, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scripture
Scripture

December 18th, 2012, 11:01 pm #12

To add to what was seen first-hand.

At least in the later worship on December 16, the shepherds (or elders?) laid their hands on the new "pulpit minister." I recall that this was the time they invited anyone else to come down and do the same with them. That's equal enough. Maybe the invitation to others is a step in the right direction.

Laying on of hands is a touch beyond the spirit to the physical, could you say that?

When others come forward, there is usually a group of people, I assume the associates, friends, and interested individuals, both men and women, who go down to give their support--along with the shepherds that are down front.

Rocky
Rocky

December 19th, 2012, 1:22 am #13

Scripture, I may have missed your gender along the way. Are you male or female?

Scripture
Scripture

December 19th, 2012, 1:47 am #14

Rocky, when someone at work asks me a religious question I never begin saying that "I'm a Church of Christ" but I attempt to answer it Biblically. Otherwise, they believe that I may coming from that direction. I try to approach scripture androgynously and nondenominationally.

So it is, I try not to approach scripture from a male or a female point of view. The approach is "androgynous." I don't think it will add to the discussion to reveal gender. Paul did say that in Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, Bond nor Free, Male nor Female. We can leave it right there.

Thanks for the inquiry, however.

Scripture
Scripture

December 19th, 2012, 2:05 am #15

Scripture, I may have missed your gender along the way. Are you male or female?
The point is that if the church emphasizes "sprituality" then why is the physical laying on of hands be necessary. If spiritual, it could be transmitted through the air.

You don't need to quote to me:

"Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord" James 5:14

The elders didn't have any oil on December 16.

Besides in Acts 13 where the hands were laid on, there were teachers and prophets who laid on hands, not a group of official elders.

Point is, I suppose, that as this site tries to point out, the authority rests in the Word of God, and not in the "laying on of hands." Without Biblical authority, it is all for nought.

December 19th, 2012, 2:13 am #16

Donnie, I believe that timelines are not the only thing that has you confused. Since you did not attend last Sunday I guess you'll have to dig a little deeper to be able to spread your gossip. I also see that Ken's deep research led him to profile someone that is not Jason Shepherd. Keep up the good work guys. (Sarcasm)
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Jimmy Joe,

Welcome back even if your purpose to visit is when you suspect "gossip." Not knowing exactly when Jason's employment was approved by the church's dept. of Human Resources -- you consider "gossip," correct?

Well, Joe, you're just the right person to provide the information -- quickly. Quickly ... because it would take me a lot of time for me to review it all from the worship guide and other publications.

Here's the question: When was Jason employed by Madison as its youth minister? Please note that your response will be considered "missing information" -- not gossip.[/color]

December 19th, 2012, 4:01 am #17

Rocky, when someone at work asks me a religious question I never begin saying that "I'm a Church of Christ" but I attempt to answer it Biblically. Otherwise, they believe that I may coming from that direction. I try to approach scripture androgynously and nondenominationally.

So it is, I try not to approach scripture from a male or a female point of view. The approach is "androgynous." I don't think it will add to the discussion to reveal gender. Paul did say that in Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, Bond nor Free, Male nor Female. We can leave it right there.

Thanks for the inquiry, however.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]THEN: Members respected the truth and the church; would respond unashamedly: "I am a member of the Lord's church."

NOW: One may nonchalantly or casually state -- "I am a CoC" or "I am a member of the 'Church of Christ' Church" or "I am a 'Church of Christ'" [equivalent to: "I am a Baptist" or "I am a Methodist"]. Just what do you mean by "Church of Christ Church"?

Woe to those under denominational doctrinal influences!!! And, woe to those congregations that derive "Bible" lessons from denominational quarterlies!!! And, woe to those elders that use "Bible" materials and resources from Rick Warren, senior pastor of the world-renowned Saddleback Community Church in CA.[/color]

December 19th, 2012, 4:32 am #18

To add to what was seen first-hand.

At least in the later worship on December 16, the shepherds (or elders?) laid their hands on the new "pulpit minister." I recall that this was the time they invited anyone else to come down and do the same with them. That's equal enough. Maybe the invitation to others is a step in the right direction.

Laying on of hands is a touch beyond the spirit to the physical, could you say that?

When others come forward, there is usually a group of people, I assume the associates, friends, and interested individuals, both men and women, who go down to give their support--along with the shepherds that are down front.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]This "laying on of hands" ritual/ceremony reminds of the "divine healing service" that was being promoted not long after the upheaval of 2001. I was worried that it would be incorporated into the "worship service" not soon after. But, fortunately, it did not occur.

Now, I wonder if the "shepherds" would still allow the "lady in jeans" [female, you know] to be on stage and co-worship-lead with the "Worship Leader" [male] and one singing elder [male] during "contemporary worship."

As a result, I wonder, too, if it's one reason why some members have gone from "contemporary" to "traditional" in attendance.[/color]

December 19th, 2012, 4:45 am #19

I heard they appointed a new senior minister/pastor at Madison yesterday, any news on who? Could this guy return them to the old paths?

The Senior Preaching Pastor claims that "I vote with the elders because I am the Authoratative Teacher." They claim the role of Jesus as both Rabbi and Mediator-Intercessor

Parasites: all religious operatives such as the Priests and Levites were called Parasites. A parasite specificially identifies speakers, singers, instrument players and actors.

http://www.piney.com/Robert.Ballard.Are ... sites.html

http://www.piney.com/Preaching.for.Pay.and.Simony.html

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]It was Phil Barnes' ministry journey from Hermitage to Western Hills to Madison (in the fall of 2004 thru the end of 2012) to _________ where next?

(I need to be convinced that Phil Barnes is leaving on his own volition. At least he's received the least amount of criticism from ConcernedMembers. Wait. I see. He wasn't good enough to keep the youth from leaving Madison or to attract the youth from neighboring denominational groups to come to Madison, is that correct?)

It's "the youth" that rocks, stupid!

Now it's Jason's "youth" ministry from Hermitage to Madison, and a BIG promotion at Madison. It remains to be seen. He's delivered a couple of charismatic but down-to-earth "speeches" before in Phil's absence. Does that prove anything? Maybe, Jason can turn it around and increase church attendance even at the expense of alienating the senior saints [... not much longer to wait for them to die off].

Here's more of the Madison-Hermitage connection:[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Jason has corresponded with ConcernedMembers before. He may be curious about what the forum says.[/color]

Scripture
Scripture

December 19th, 2012, 1:02 pm #20

We may never know the entire story.

Madison was and is stuck in a no growth mode, with modifications to worship failing to deliver any attendance or membership growth, in fact, maybe just the opposite.

Pulpit minister may have blamed himself for lack of growth.

Some insider information close to the preacher indicates that it was not his decision.

Elders "coldly" said publicly that they accepted his resignation, without ANY compliment for his ministry.

Most importantly, his wife was crying.

New pulpit minister has roots in rural KY and TN, and maybe there is hope for him.

The problem is how he will evolve with the "laying of hands" by the elders, and subsequently, how they will be affect is pulpit ministry.