Nashville School of Preaching and the Holy Spirit

Nashville School of Preaching and the Holy Spirit

April 4th, 2012, 7:37 pm #1

http://www.piney.com/Nashville.School.o ... pirit.html

Seeing God as three "persons" each with their "centers of consciousness" and each given their own dispensation was invented by H. Leo Boles of David Lipscomb College (LU) and promoted by the Gospel Advocate and therefore the dogma of many churches of Christ.

April 4th, 2012, 9:17 pm #2

Doctrine of the Trinity
1. There are three persons
2. Each one is fully God.
3. There is one God.
This is basic Christian doctrine.

April 4th, 2012, 9:37 pm #3

No one prior to the slow ones in the Church of Christ dared define the Godhead as three persons. This is the meaning of ANTI CHRIST--sharing His glory

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly,
<font color="#FFFFFF">....
that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified,
....both Lord and Christ.

Rom. 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle,
....separated unto the gospel of God,
Rom. 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
Rom. 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord,
....which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Rom. 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power,
....according to the spirit of holiness,
....by the resurrection from the dead:

1Timothy 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved,
....and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God,
....and one mediator between God and men,
....the man Christ Jesus;
1Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
1Timothy 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher,
....and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;)
....a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

If you deny THAT John calls you an ANTI-CHRIST because you refuse to give full authority to Jesus of Nazareth.</font>

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 5th, 2012, 12:20 am #4

...which has nothing to do with the doctrine of the Trinity. Face it, redneck, you over-reached yourself on this one.

April 5th, 2012, 12:55 am #5

I didn't think you had A holy spirit which means that you can't read the Word with discernment.

If the ONE God in Heaven made Jesus of Nazareth TO BE both Lord and Christ then Jesus was NOT one of the three members of the God family from all eternity. That repudiates the pagan trinity.

You MUST be a preachercator? I just laugh and laugh and laugh.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 5th, 2012, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 5th, 2012, 2:44 am #6

http://www.piney.com/Nashville.School.o ... pirit.html

Seeing God as three "persons" each with their "centers of consciousness" and each given their own dispensation was invented by H. Leo Boles of David Lipscomb College (LU) and promoted by the Gospel Advocate and therefore the dogma of many churches of Christ.
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="2"><tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffcc">John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be IN you.
</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">1John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One,

<span class="greek">khrisma</span> spiritual grace, <span class="greek">Isous </span><span class="greek">khristos</span>
</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">and ye know all things
A
holy spirit or
A good conscience, consiousness.

</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffcc">John 14:9 Jesus
saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and
yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">that Jesus is the Christ?</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" width="40%" bgcolor="#ffffcc">Which is the same as:</td><td colspan="2" align="center" bgcolor="#ccffff">Which
is the same as
:
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffcc">he that
hath seen me hath seen the
Father
;

and HOW sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
</td><td bgcolor="#ccffff">He is antichrist,</td><td width="25%" bgcolor="#ccffff">that denieth the
      Father
      and
      the Son.
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffcc">John
14:10 Believest thou not that I am IN the Father, and the Father
IN me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but
the Father that dwelleth
IN me, he doeth the works.</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">1 John
2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son

he
that acknowledgeth the Son 
</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff"> the same
hath not the Father:

hath the Father also</td></tr></table>

Removed HTML code from name; post unedited
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on April 6th, 2012, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 5th, 2012, 3:12 am #7

Doctrine of the Trinity
1. There are three persons
2. Each one is fully God.
3. There is one God.
This is basic Christian doctrine.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Brian,

Not so fast.

The "Doctrine of the Trinity," according to you and others, is "basic Christian doctrine"?

I think not.

Study the "history of the Christian Church" [speaking here in general terms]. You will soon discover that the Roman Catholic Church originated the "Doctrine of the Trinity." It is a doctrine inherited and propagated by the Protestant Churches. This doctrine should remind you of another one -- also Roman Catholic -- the doctrine that Jesus needed/needs [a] "Mother"; thus, "the Father, the Son, and the 'Mother of God'" [the Virgin Mary].

The Trinity doctrine has been discussed here before. We don't mind discussing it here again.[/color]

April 5th, 2012, 3:47 am #8

...which has nothing to do with the doctrine of the Trinity. Face it, redneck, you over-reached yourself on this one.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Man has a spirit.

You, too, have a spirit. Agree or disagree?

Would you consider your spirit as another person of you?

Here's another concept, actually "truth," for you to consider:[/color]
Jesus Christ HAS a spirit:
  • "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit OF God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit OF Christ, he is none of his." (Romans 8:9)

</li>
  • "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit OF Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow." (I Peter 1:11)

</li>
  • "For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit OF Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:19)</li>
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Question: Is the Spirit OF[/color] Jesus Christ the third person of the Roman Catholic Church's doctrine of the Trinity?

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 5th, 2012, 8:30 am #9

<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="2"><tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffcc">John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be IN you.
</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">1John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One,

<span class="greek">khrisma</span> spiritual grace, <span class="greek">Isous </span><span class="greek">khristos</span>
</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">and ye know all things
A
holy spirit or
A good conscience, consiousness.

</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffcc">John 14:9 Jesus
saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and
yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">that Jesus is the Christ?</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" width="40%" bgcolor="#ffffcc">Which is the same as:</td><td colspan="2" align="center" bgcolor="#ccffff">Which
is the same as
:
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffcc">he that
hath seen me hath seen the
Father
;

and HOW sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
</td><td bgcolor="#ccffff">He is antichrist,</td><td width="25%" bgcolor="#ccffff">that denieth the
      Father
      and
      the Son.
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffcc">John
14:10 Believest thou not that I am IN the Father, and the Father
IN me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but
the Father that dwelleth
IN me, he doeth the works.</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff">1 John
2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son

he
that acknowledgeth the Son 
</td><td valign="top" bgcolor="#ccffff"> the same
hath not the Father:

hath the Father also</td></tr></table>

Removed HTML code from name; post unedited
...againm this has nothing to do with the doctrine of the trinity. You don't know what you are talking about, as usual.

April 5th, 2012, 9:18 am #10

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]You may have a point: "this has nothing to do with the doctrine of the trinity." Why? Because the trinity doctrine is NOT FOUND in the Bible.

John clearly explains the relationship between the Father and His Son. In John's account -- "that I am IN the Father, and the Father IN me" -- just where was/is the spirit of Jesus Christ?

Now, we know about the spirit of Jesus Christ or the spirit of God in: Philippians 1:9; Romans 8:9; I Peter 1:11. Find out and study these and other passages very carefully.[/color]