Mythology, Fables, Yarns [Orpheus in Romans 14 and a church near you

^Sarge
^Sarge

April 30th, 2014, 3:17 pm #1

Perhaps, we need a dedicated area for discussion of this nature. I would participate. I am interested in these subjects, in the proper setting. What say ye?
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on May 12th, 2014, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 30th, 2014, 3:30 pm #2

Bill
Bill

April 30th, 2014, 3:53 pm #3

Perhaps, we need a dedicated area for discussion of this nature. I would participate. I am interested in these subjects, in the proper setting. What say ye?
Would musikators and the starry host fall under the category of mythology, fables, and yarns?

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 30th, 2014, 4:57 pm #4

There has been quite a bit of discussion already about this very topic. Ken is devoted to it. Look at most any of his posts.

April 30th, 2014, 7:03 pm #5

I have posted the Biblical and Historic Literature which defines a FABULA which people actually perform and call it a worship service: preaching without mentioning the text, singing, playing instruments, clapping, shouting, hugging and kissing@

A fabula is called a Lying Wonders Paul warned about: the literature defines lying wonders as theatrical or musical operations claiming that it is for or from "a god." Jesus said that the kingdom does not come with observation: that means religious operations where rituals are added to ENHANCE of get a god's attention. The historic Church of Christ (probably rarely now) has been a Word of God assembly.

Song writers and poets were NOT PERMITTED to write true history because they always write what SHOULD HAVE BEEN or would have been if they had been in charge. LOGOS or the Word demands that we speak or read that which is written for our learning meaning the historic documents. Songs and Myths or drama (fabula) were recognized to be two or three removes from the truth. The latest movie NOAH was not based on the Bible but upon what makes good drama or "worship rituals."

Christ in Isaiah 8 says that if people do NOT speak that which is written THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM.

For the benefit of readers, this thread was started by an "elder" wishing to mock. So, playing "dumb" I respond with some recorded history. People who ban you for quoting the Bible or recorded history should not promote false teaching.

^Sarge
^Sarge

May 1st, 2014, 2:35 pm #6

Maybe, Ken is more of a "Prima Scripture" kind of guy.

Bill
Bill

May 1st, 2014, 3:43 pm #7

Is "Prima Scripture" the Biblical version of "Prima Donna"?

Appropriate definition of Prima Donna: a temperamental person; a person who takes adulation and privileged treatment as a right and reacts with petulance to criticism or inconvenience.

Now if we modify the above definition to fit Prima Scripture, we get the following: a temperamental person who insists that his own views of Scripture should receive universal adulation with privileged treatment, and who reacts with petulance, anger, and hostility to those who do not agree with him.

May 4th, 2014, 4:48 pm #8

A MYTH is the Opposite of LOGOS: Logos is the OPPOSITE of jokes, introductions, one's personal experience, poetry, clergy singing, playing instruments or acting: these are the sign that the WOLVES have taken over the flock. My educated guess that there was not a church of Christ on the face of the earth which has not been taken over by MYTH speakers. That's fine, says Jesus, they have no right to know and therefore the PARABLE of the Locusts is that the MUSES have taken over with Abaddon or Apollyon as the LEADER of the muses: John says that they are SORCERERS and the craftsmen and the performing craftsmen/women along with the LAMPS or seven spirits which rested ON Messiah have been removed and as in Amos 8 God will not pass by there again!

May 4th, 2014, 8:10 pm #9

God will not let everyone read black text on brown paper: He says that they are OF the World and Jesus doesn't even pray for them. The MANY according to Paul will be OF the world and only a LITTLE FLOCK of those OF FAITH or OF TRUTH which God has preserved from a destroyed age will gladly RECEIVE the Word and immediately obey: that is because they have the code word. Jesus sent elders and preachers OUT to collect the LOST SHEEP and they never tarried to try to suck in the wolves.

Scripture identified the WORLD'S RELIGION which are NOT myths in the fairy tale sense but myths in sermons and songs invented by REAL agents of the Devil to DECEIVE the world so that they are slowed down but never stopped from hearing the call or invitation. Many are called or invited but only the FEW are chosen because they are lambs who HEAR THE VOICE OF JESUS.

False teachers would love to stop warning people that the same fallen people who HAD DECEIVED the world once are now shining lights as speakers, singers, instrument players, actors and based on the MILLSTONE sound, prostitutes which is anything of your self you SELL in the name of God.

When Jesus called the MEN of that generation or RACE, children PIPING in the marketplace trying to INITIATE people into the original Wineskins worship. They hoped that Jesus would BOW TO BAAL because recorded history notes that the Jews HOPED that Messiah would be Bacchus or Dionysus because that is the "god" they had been worshiping from Mount Sinai onward.

Livy wrote a history of Rome: In Bacchanalibus He defines the three sects which Paul silenced in Romans 14. Only then could the SINGULAR purpose of the asssembly be carried out: speaking that which is written for our learning.

http://www.piney.com/HistLivydeBacc.html

May 5th, 2014, 2:28 pm #10

When Paul speaks of Jewish Fables we need to understand Sola Scriptura as defining Jewish Fables. Paul speaks of Old Wives' Tales! Duh? Shall we just dream up a sermon about old wives wearing tails or babblers? Well, God knew that all of the terms used in the Bible are well known to people of the time. Here is some data by Polybius and we will not be ignorant.

We have arrived at a time in the wobble of the earth prophesied where robbers of temples are not offended at being told that body rituals claiming to worship a god is locked at the lips with the homosexual pagan religions.

<font face="arial" size="4">This fits Amos 8 and the "Basket of Summer FRUITS" and the "lusted after fruits" in Revelation 18 connected to the Craftsmen, singers, and players of instruments: in both passages this is a mark of sorcery and that God "will never pass by again."

Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The Image or IDOL of the Beast is REpresenting the Word of God in a song.

</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on May 5th, 2014, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.