Minimal Madness from Musical Mistresses

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 14th, 2011, 1:29 pm #41

Donnie quotes Paul and Dave can only say, "You lie! You lie!" That's quite a "rebuttal."

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 14th, 2011, 2:49 pm #42

Donnie, you said "The antonym of "support" is "negate" or "contradict.""

Now we are into grammar again. You are correct in your grammar, but that doesn't hold me to the fact that I have to use that antonym, now does it?
Your saying that if I don't support it then I have to be against it?
Not just wrong, but foolish too. Donnie did Paul SUPPORT marriage? No, he believed that man could give more of himself if he could stayed single. Was he against, did he NEGATE/condemn marriage? No

It's really simple. I don't negate or condemn the mechanical use of musical instruments in the assembly nor those who use such, at the same time I do not personally support it. If others care to use instrumental music then the Scriptures do not condemn those who would.

Donnie, you also said "In fact, you've (me, Dave) said that soft piano enhances "worship.""

Please show in any of my response where I have said that.
Again, you have lied Donnie.
By the way Donnie.....we have been through this before, and you have made that claim several times about me. You have never proven it, and moreover you don't even make reply. You just ignore the request.
Dave wrote: Donnie, you also said "In fact, you've (me, Dave) said that soft piano enhances "worship.""

Please show in any of my response where I have said that. Again, you have lied Donnie.

In the thread titled "NOT Using Musical Instruments in the Assembly: Is It a Human Tradition?" Dave wrote the following on May 13, 2011:

Does a piano go beyond vocal music? It ENHANCES the voice, but God doesn't authorize it. Is it then wrong to use a piano? No. Why? Because whether one uses a piano to ENHANCE the voice or not, the singing still occurs.....even though AIDED by the piano.

PREFERENCE!!!

I don't prefer the piano, but to those who do, and give it to the Glory of God to accompany and aid the singing....then HALLELUJAH, and PRAISE GOD!!!

We sing in the assembly to worship God. Since Dave said the piano ENHANCES the voice (singing), then logic says the piano ENHANCES the worship as well. But Dave is trying to say that enhancing the singing is not the same as enhancing the worship, which obviously makes no sense. Donnie didn't lie. If Dave denies what is cited above, then DAVE is lying. BTW, since Dave admitted that God doesn't authorize the piano (or any other musical instrument), then Dave is advocating that we ADD another kind of music (IM) to enhance, aid, and accompany our worship to God in singing and thus go over God's head. God didn't authorize us to aid, accompany, or enhance our worship to God in singing with anything beyond our natural voices.

Dave constantly calls for Donnie to "repent." It looks like Dave is the one who needs to repent.

Dave
Dave

September 14th, 2011, 6:40 pm #43

According to Wikipedia on the Restoration movement

75% of the congregations and 87% of the membership are mainline
25% others
None Institutional 2,500
No Separate Bible Class 1,100
One Cup 550
Mutual Edification 130

So, if you do them math (Donnie) you can calculate the total number of congregations any of which I could attend and be accepted if I did not try to upset their views.

Out of that number the ones who have been diverted to instruments as a separate (divided) assembly has been very tiny. Give three cheers for the preachers, elders, purple haired ladies, CM and piney.com.

I have been working with another large group which refused to go instrumental but compromised with singing groups. Members will be fighting even this bowing to Baal and allowing the hypocritic arts and artists to hog the place of Jesus Christ and His Word.
In other words, William, Donnie lied.
Thank you!

I have always said that for those who PREFER instrumental music the piano CAN enhance the voice just as the PA CAN enhance the voice.
Donnie and William prefer the PA but not the instrumental music to aid the singing.
Regardless.....and no matter how you put it.......the DIRECTIVE of singing is still accomplished with or without the instrumental music. The instrumental does not prohibit the singing and CAN aid the singing just as a PA can. Say what you will, I still do not endorse instrumental music which is why I continue to say that instrumental CAN aid the singing. Because I do not endorse them that does not mean that I condemn them either. Just because one does not CONDEMN instrumental music, this does not nor ever will mean that they support instrumental music.
End of story!

Oh, and by the way William, you are included in this ring of evil. I usually just ignore you, but since you enjoy sticking your noise in where it doesn't belong, you certainly can have the same treatment when it comes to being marked. Congratulations! You deserve it!

CEASE AND DESIST!

September 14th, 2011, 8:02 pm #44

have always said that for those who PREFER instrumental music the piano CAN enhance the voice just as the PA CAN enhance the voice.
Donnie and William prefer the PA but not the instrumental music to aid the singing.

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

God does not give the GIFT of rhetoric, singing or playing instruments to accomplish His SINGULAR purpose of revealing HIS secrets hidden from the foundation of the World. NO man knows anything unless it is revealed by the Son. These changelings-hirelings THINK that they have a holy spirit PERSON telling them to impose instruments. Wrong spirit?

Dve
Dve

September 14th, 2011, 10:31 pm #45

25% others
None Institutional 2,500
One Cup 550
Mutual Edification 130

So, if you do them math (Donnie) you can calculate the total number of congregations any of which I could attend and be accepted if I did not try to upset their views.

Out of that number the ones who have been diverted to instruments as a separate (divided) assembly has been very tiny. Give three cheers for the preachers, elders, purple haired ladies, CM and piney.com.

I have been working with another large group which refused to go instrumental but compromised with singing groups. Members will be fighting even this bowing to Baal and allowing the hypocritic arts and artists to hog the place of Jesus Christ and His Word.
Don't feel bad if I ignore you also Ken.
Everyone does.....

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 14th, 2011, 10:45 pm #46

In other words, William, Donnie lied.
Thank you!

I have always said that for those who PREFER instrumental music the piano CAN enhance the voice just as the PA CAN enhance the voice.
Regardless.....and no matter how you put it.......the DIRECTIVE of singing is still accomplished with or without the instrumental music. The instrumental does not prohibit the singing and CAN aid the singing just as a PA can. Say what you will, I still do not endorse instrumental music which is why I continue to say that instrumental CAN aid the singing. Because I do not endorse them that does not mean that I condemn them either. Just because one does not CONDEMN instrumental music, this does not nor ever will mean that they support instrumental music.
End of story!

Oh, and by the way William, you are included in this ring of evil. I usually just ignore you, but since you enjoy sticking your noise in where it doesn't belong, you certainly can have the same treatment when it comes to being marked. Congratulations! You deserve it!

CEASE AND DESIST!
Dave, you're in a convenient state of denial. Donnie didn't lie. YOU did, by saying Donnie lied, when he didn't. Donnie simply quoted what you said on May 13. You said that the piano "enhances" the singing. If a piano allegedly "enhances" singing, then by your logic, all IM enhances singing. And since we worship when we sing in the assembly, then your logic includes the premise that IM enhances worship. Surely you didn't think that when we sing in the assembly we only entertain ourselves and must do other things to worship God. You either had forgotten that you had earlier stated your premise when you challenged Donnie to "prove" that you said it, or you didn't think he or anyone else would be able to go back and pull your statement from the archives. I did just that.

Dave, you would do well to stop your dancing like a wooden puppet on strings and face up to what you said: you see nothing wrong with having IM in the assembly to "enhance" singing [and hence worship]. You also admitted that even though God doesn't authorize the piano [or any IM], it is OK to use, because it "aids, enhances, and accompanies" the singing [and hence worship]. That is simply your highly erroneous opinion; it is NOT based on anything stated in the New Testament, because the New Testament specifies only ONE kind of music--VOCAL MUSIC. Yet your premise clearly implies that people can go over God's head, Dave.

Now you can continue to point your finger, holler, and say, "You are a sinner! Repent! Repent!" yadda yadda yadda until Doom's Day. But we've shown that YOU are the one in dire need of repentance for lying and for advocating that it is OK to go over God's head. Those are some dire sins, son.

Dave
Dave

September 14th, 2011, 11:56 pm #47

25% others
None Institutional 2,500
One Cup 550
Mutual Edification 130

William, you are a liar covering a liar, and I have proven that also. You have never made much good sense, but now you are just presenting jibberish. Moreover, this sit is a den of iniquity, and you are one of satan's pawns.
The Lord will have his day with those like you who continue to TRY and ridicule the church. Go after Madison and the other Lords' churches, but know that the Lord will be against you. Again, you can't win.

September 15th, 2011, 12:07 am #48

Everyone does.....
My job is to teach: not to make chatty cathy. Take a look at some of the UNIVERSAL marker God laid down as a way to SORT OUT those who have no spiritual foudation and therefore of no value in a future SPIRITUAL world

http://www.piney.com/MuFemin.html

When I launch a paper out into the world I am assured that it will not return empty.
In these last days, the job is to witness: the Book of Enoch etal assures me that when they have made the instruments-makes-worship connection it is hard-wired and there is no turing back: no turning back.

You will remember that the musical idolatry at Mount Sinai just after they were "baptized" and had the Holy Spirit (Christ) guiding them the IMMEDIATELY fell back into their old Egyptian worship of the starry host. When you DO that, God understands it as your "prayer" and He abandons you (Acts 7: not available to scholars) to worship the starry host.

You then become a "lusted after fruit" (Amos and Revelation) and have your SECOND INCARNATION as soothsayers with instrumental accompanied with the Levites and sorcerers with instrumental accompaniment in Revelation 18.

In universal history proving that one is "Drunk, perverted or just having fun."

"Ancient literature from Babylonian tablets and beyond agree with Johannes Quasten. In Music and Worship in Pagan and Christian Antiquity, beginning on page 41 He uses many of the church Fathers and Classical resources we also rely upon:

"Philodemus considered it paradoxical that music should be regarded as veneration of the gods while musicians were paid for performing this so-called veneration. Again, Philodemus held as self deceptive the view that music mediated religious ecstasy. He saw the entire condition induced by the noise of cymbals and tambourines as a disturbance of the spirit.

He found it significant that, on the whole, only women and effeminate men fell into this folly.

Accordingly, nothing of value could be attributed to music; it was no more than a slave of the sensation of pleasure, which satisfied much in the same way that food and drink did.

"Now, many a man from the false religions, which are not ashamed of criticising what is noble, will ask: how can there be a feast without carousing and overeating, without the pleasant company of hosts and guests, without quantities of unmixed wine, without richly set tables and highly stacked provisions of everything that pertains to a banquet, without pageantry and jokes,

bantering and merry-making to the accompaniment of flutes and citharas, the sound of drums and cymbals and other effeminate and frivolous music of every king,

enkindling unbridled lusts with the help of the sense of hearing. For in and through the same [pleasures] those persons openly seek their joy, for what true joy is their they do not know.

All of the MARKS of the Levites under the King and Commanders of the army were effeminate or perverted. The music signaled the well-known marker: "We will Rob you, Rape you and Rapture you." Sodomy was the mark of the dominant male even if he was a catamite or dog EXCLUDED from worship by Paul in Philippians 3.

"Before the establishment of the kingdom under Saul, it was the women who, as in every young civilization, played a major part in the performance of music. Such figures as Miriam, Deborah, Jephthah's daughter, and the women hailing the young hero David have become almost archetypes of female musicians.

"Characteristic of all these cases is the familiar picture of a female chorus, dancing and singing, accompanied by frenzied drum-beating.

This is the scene known to the entire Near East, and not
"even the severe rule of Islam could wholly suppress this age-old practice." (Int Dict of the Bible, Music, p. 457).

http://www.piney.com/MuIslam.html

With ZERO authority for music connected to spiritual worship in the whole Bible and most of recorded history, it IS something of Biblical Proportions that so many people have taken the MARK which cannot be rubbed off.

I feel certain that the elect who could not be sorcerized or bewitched by music (brought by Lucifer) will easily fit on an old Joy Bus.

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 15th, 2011, 12:11 am #49

Everyone does.....
Just go ahead and repent, Dave. It's hypocrisy for you to point your finger at others when YOU know YOU are in dire need of repentance for lying about Donnie and for clearly implying that people can go over God's head with IM.

Repent, Dave, Repent!

Dave
Dave

September 15th, 2011, 12:21 am #50

25% others
None Institutional 2,500
One Cup 550
Mutual Edification 130

The fact being, if I don't care to use instruments of music in the worship assembly, then Donnie had to lie. I wasn't personally giving my support to the use of piano in the assembly but just merely saying that the piano can (for those who PREFER it) aid/enhance the singing.
Bottom lie.....Donnie lied, and William tried (to no avail) cover it with another lie.