Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 12th, 2011, 5:13 am #31

If Donnie has never upset Dave, then something else must fill Dave with the rage that obviously shows in most, if not all, of Dave's posts. Hmmm... I think Dave is in denial over the fact that he gets highly upset when Donnie, or anyone else for that matter, disagrees with him.

September 12th, 2011, 5:20 am #32

Donnie, you have and will never upset me. Pity for you is not the same as being upset with you. You understand?
Your response covered several items, but not this one.
I said "When you call me a mechanical music lover and I have never ever espoused such.....you are also into lying."

Please respond.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

1. Instrumental is one type of music.
2. Dave loves instrumental music.
3. Instrumental music is mechanical or mechanically operated.
4. Therefore, Dave is an instrumental music lover.
5. That is not lying.
6. The "lover" [yourself] cannot be espoused.
7. But the "loving" [of mechanical music] is espousing.

Dave, why do you detest being described as a "mechanical music lover"? There are many of us who are mechanical music lovers -- including myself.

The only difference between you as a mechanical music lover and me as a mechanical music lover is that I abide by the Scripture. The church of Christ our Lord today, as it was in the first century, does not operate musical devices in its assembly. How difficult is that to comprehend?[/color]

Dave
Dave

September 12th, 2011, 6:38 pm #33

According to Wikipedia on the Restoration movement

75% of the congregations and 87% of the membership are mainline
25% others
None Institutional 2,500
No Separate Bible Class 1,100
One Cup 550
Mutual Edification 130

So, if you do them math (Donnie) you can calculate the total number of congregations any of which I could attend and be accepted if I did not try to upset their views.

Out of that number the ones who have been diverted to instruments as a separate (divided) assembly has been very tiny. Give three cheers for the preachers, elders, purple haired ladies, CM and piney.com.

I have been working with another large group which refused to go instrumental but compromised with singing groups. Members will be fighting even this bowing to Baal and allowing the hypocritic arts and artists to hog the place of Jesus Christ and His Word.
In YOUR context with instrumental music, IN THE WORSHIP OF GOD, you have called me a lover of instrumental music. You have lied!

Your points are as follows
Dave,

1. Instrumental is one type of music. (And???)
2. Dave loves instrumental music. (You failed to mention WHERE the instrument was/is used. This is where you have lied, because your accusations of me using or loving musical instruments have been distinctly with worshiping God)
3. Instrumental music is mechanical or mechanically operated. (See #2)
4. Therefore, Dave is an instrumental music lover. (Again, you, like a crooked lawyer or politician failed to add that when you call me an instrumental music lover it was within a worship setting.)
5. That is not lying. (It most certainly is and will always be. Donnie, it gets easier with each lie.)

6 and 7 are just nonsense, which you have become famous for.

Donnie, none of this surprises anyone. This site is wicked. To try and rectify this site with the Word you don't have any choice but to lie.

September 13th, 2011, 1:38 am #34

I'll make myself clearer (since I did not specify your favorite musical device earlier). So, now, you may fill in your favorite musical instruments as follows:

Dave is a mechanical music lover when the saints assemble for "worship services" and his favorite instrument or instruments in the assembly are: _____________, _____________, __________.

Careful, Dave. Your constant refusal to accept the truth that the church of Christ does not operate mechanical music in the assembly may be a form of lying.[/color]

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 13th, 2011, 1:49 am #35

In YOUR context with instrumental music, IN THE WORSHIP OF GOD, you have called me a lover of instrumental music. You have lied!

Your points are as follows
Dave,

1. Instrumental is one type of music. (And???)
2. Dave loves instrumental music. (You failed to mention WHERE the instrument was/is used. This is where you have lied, because your accusations of me using or loving musical instruments have been distinctly with worshiping God)
3. Instrumental music is mechanical or mechanically operated. (See #2)
4. Therefore, Dave is an instrumental music lover. (Again, you, like a crooked lawyer or politician failed to add that when you call me an instrumental music lover it was within a worship setting.)
5. That is not lying. (It most certainly is and will always be. Donnie, it gets easier with each lie.)

6 and 7 are just nonsense, which you have become famous for.

Donnie, none of this surprises anyone. This site is wicked. To try and rectify this site with the Word you don't have any choice but to lie.
Dave surely is making a big case out of this. Frankly, he's stumbling all over his feet trying to cover his...derrière. Most people like instrumental music...in the proper setting, of course (e.g., in theaters and concert halls). The church is NOT the proper setting for IM. Now since Dave undoubtedly likes instrumental music like most other people, if he will simply admit that the church is NOT the place to have IM, then all will be well and he can move on. But if he keeps dragging his feet and will not admit that, then we conclude that he supports IM in the church and is a denominational sympathizer who needs to leave the church of Christ. This is certainly not rocket science.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 13th, 2011, 10:27 am #36

25% others
None Institutional 2,500
One Cup 550
Mutual Edification 130

So, if you do them math (Donnie) you can calculate the total number of congregations any of which I could attend and be accepted if I did not try to upset their views.

Out of that number the ones who have been diverted to instruments as a separate (divided) assembly has been very tiny. Give three cheers for the preachers, elders, purple haired ladies, CM and piney.com.

I have been working with another large group which refused to go instrumental but compromised with singing groups. Members will be fighting even this bowing to Baal and allowing the hypocritic arts and artists to hog the place of Jesus Christ and His Word.
Again, Donnie, this site has a reputation for evil, and it isn't a rumor, for you and others make it even more so every single day.

You said "Dave is a mechanical music lover when the saints assemble for "worship services" and his favorite instrument or instruments in the assembly are: _____________, _____________, __________. "

It isn't a matter of me choosing any musical instrument . IT IS a matter of you lying about me wanting or having a favorite instrument in the assembly. I have never personally gave a notion that I supported instrumental music in the assembly. You have many quotes from Donnie, but you know that not a one of them has said that I support musical instruments in the assembly.

When you want to do the right thing, Donnie, you know what to do. It is called 'asking for forgiveness.'
Oh, by the way, it isn't a matter of you asking forgiveness from me. I already have forgiven you and the rest of the wicked lot here. It is between you and Jesus that you need to set things straight, and the church of Christ at Madison.

September 14th, 2011, 12:25 am #37

The antonym of "support" is "negate" or "contradict."

It's really simple. If you don't negate or contradict the mechanical use of musical instruments in the assembly, you support it. In fact, you've said that soft piano enhances "worship." You even have an illogical argument about the PA system (as if it were a musical instrument) in defense of instrumental music in the assembly.

But if you really believe and now say that you've never personally given a notion that you "supported instrumental music in the assembly," then, I must personally thank you. You now agree with me, with this site, with the church of Christ worldwide, with Scripture, that inanimate, lifeless musical objects have no place or purpose when the saints gather to teach and admonish one another.

Congratulations!

With regard to the site, what's really surprising about the reputation coming from antagonists like you?[/color]

Dr. Bill Crump
Dr. Bill Crump

September 14th, 2011, 1:10 am #38

Again, Donnie, this site has a reputation for evil, and it isn't a rumor, for you and others make it even more so every single day.

You said "Dave is a mechanical music lover when the saints assemble for "worship services" and his favorite instrument or instruments in the assembly are: _____________, _____________, __________. "

It isn't a matter of me choosing any musical instrument . IT IS a matter of you lying about me wanting or having a favorite instrument in the assembly. I have never personally gave a notion that I supported instrumental music in the assembly. You have many quotes from Donnie, but you know that not a one of them has said that I support musical instruments in the assembly.

When you want to do the right thing, Donnie, you know what to do. It is called 'asking for forgiveness.'
Oh, by the way, it isn't a matter of you asking forgiveness from me. I already have forgiven you and the rest of the wicked lot here. It is between you and Jesus that you need to set things straight, and the church of Christ at Madison.
Yep, Dave's pulling his old "trix" of self-righteous proclamations again: "You are cursed! You have sinned! You are wrong! Repent! Repent!"

Yadda Yadda Yadda.

Dave
Dave

September 14th, 2011, 2:56 am #39

25% others
None Institutional 2,500
One Cup 550
Mutual Edification 130

Donnie, you said "The antonym of "support" is "negate" or "contradict.""

Now we are into grammar again. You are correct in your grammar, but that doesn't hold me to the fact that I have to use that antonym, now does it?
Your saying that if I don't support it then I have to be against it?
Not just wrong, but foolish too. Donnie did Paul SUPPORT marriage? No, he believed that man could give more of himself if he could stayed single. Was he against, did he NEGATE/condemn marriage? No

It's really simple. I don't negate or condemn the mechanical use of musical instruments in the assembly nor those who use such, at the same time I do not personally support it. If others care to use instrumental music then the Scriptures do not condemn those who would.

Donnie, you also said "In fact, you've (me, Dave) said that soft piano enhances "worship.""

Please show in any of my response where I have said that.
Again, you have lied Donnie.
By the way Donnie.....we have been through this before, and you have made that claim several times about me. You have never proven it, and moreover you don't even make reply. You just ignore the request.

September 14th, 2011, 3:38 am #40

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Being married is not a directive. Paul was correct.

"LET the word of Christ DWELL IN YOU richly ... teaching and admonishing one another via speaking or singing -- not via playing the soft piano or blowing the trumpet" IS A DIRECTIVE. Paul was correct again.[/color]