Link: Copy link
From changing the subject to Max Lucado, then changing again when you say that song leaders may start the song and even sit down afterwards (since the order of worship and who may do what is not spelled out per Scripture, WHO gives YOU the right and made you an Inspired author???[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]No, Dave, the change agents operating in the brotherhood are the fungi!!!
1. One of the prominent change agency operators include Max Lucado who dropped (removed/deleted/obliterated) the name "of Christ" from "Oak Hills Church" which is now a "Community Church." Same is true with another prominent change agent, Rubel Shelly, former minister of Woodmont Hills Church of Christ (now Woodmont Hills Family of God Church). There are others: Mike Cope, Jeff Walling, et al.
2. "Worship Leaders" are performers -- including these activities: aerobics, programmed and rhythmic handclapping, applause.
3. Song leaders are not performers: they may start the first few words or the correct pitch and may even sit down afterwards.
4. Until the arrival of the "Worship Leader," churches of Christ did not have PRAISE TEAMS. To my knowledge, most churches of Christ do not have praise teams.
5. What did Jesus sing? If Jesus was God, did he sing praises to God the Father or did he sing praises to himself as "God"? Was the church of Jesus Christ already established at the time?
6. When the apostles "sang," what was the occasion? Did that constitute a congregation?
7. Did the early church have a "worship leader" performer?
8. Did the early church have a "praise team"?
9. It's the change agents in the brotherhood who should be marked -- they have a distorted view of the New Testament church, of salvation, of God's grace, of baptism, of worship (instrumental music, "worship leader," praise teams), "unity in diversity," of culture-driven beliefs and practices, etc. [/color]