Bill
Bill

August 28th, 2016, 2:58 pm #131

Since Donnie has all but abandoned CM (insomnia still drives him to pop in occasionally during the wee hours of the AM to remind everyone else how "wrong" they are), it looks like Ken has become the principal ringmaster and "mythmeister" of the circus here.

August 29th, 2016, 3:04 am #132

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill honestly believes that every poster has [should have] exactly the same schedule as he does. Good luck, everyone!

"Wrong" is "not in my vocabulary" when discussing controversial doctrinal issues. I simply present the truth by quoting [numerous] scriptures and let the Scripture speak for itself.[/color]

August 29th, 2016, 3:12 am #133

True: but I need the Classics to debunk people who claim that "a" spirit is telling them that we are Post-Biblical. Not even on clay tablets were people too archaic not to debunk those "selling their learning at retail." Paul calls is "corrupting the Word" which word means "prostituting" themselves.

Plat. Laws 936c There shall be no beggar in our State; and if anyone attempts to beg, and to collect a livelihood by ceaseless [making Poieo meter, hymns] prayers, the market-stewards shall expel him from the market, and the Board of city-stewards from the city, and from any other district he shall be driven across the border by the country-stewards, to the end that the land may be wholly purged of such a creature. If a slave, male or female, do any injury to another man's goods,

Plato Republic 3. And therefore when any one of these pantomimic gentlemen, who are so clever that they can imitate anything, comes to us, and makes a proposal to exhibit himself and his poetry,
we will fall down and worship him as a sweet and holy and wonderful being;
but we must also inform him that in our State such as he are not permitted to exist; the law will not allow them.
And so when we have anointed him with myrrh, and set a garland of wool upon his head,
we shall send him away to another city. For we mean to employ for our souls' health the rougher and severer poet or story-teller, who will imitate the style of the virtuous only,

and will follow those models which we prescribed at first when we began the education of our soldiers.

Civil societies called these people PARASITES which defines anyone who performs religious operations or sacrifices claiming a god's authority; Parasite was specificially applied to sacrificial musicians and Jesus called them HYPOCRITES: no wonder they want to get POST MODERN as the taken-captive world was given the internet.

[color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Ken said: "True: but I need the Classics to debunk people who claim that 'a' spirit is telling them that we are Post-Biblical...."

Ken,

I agree with you. We need knowledge of the Classics, mythological evidences and historical facts about paganism, idolatry (including musical worship idolatry), etc., to inform and educate folks that God's Word is the truth in contrast to man's opinion. The spirit of God (His mind) reveals in I Cor. 1:
[/color]
  • [23] But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
    </li>
  • [24] But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
    </li>
  • [25] Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.</li>

August 29th, 2016, 3:20 am #134

The Bible hardly needs the philosophy of Plato-Socrates to back it up.
[color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Bill said: "The Bible hardly needs the philosophy of Plato-Socrates to back it up."

I would assume that Bill knows the "philosophy of Plato-Socrates." And he doesn't need it to back up the Bible. But it appears that he is making an exception: he needs the philosophy of the emperor Constantine, the papacy and paganism to prove his stance on the popular Trinity Creed and on the much-debated music issue.[/color]

Bill
Bill

August 29th, 2016, 3:25 am #135

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill honestly believes that every poster has [should have] exactly the same schedule as he does. Good luck, everyone!

"Wrong" is "not in my vocabulary" when discussing controversial doctrinal issues. I simply present the truth by quoting [numerous] scriptures and let the Scripture speak for itself.[/color]
Oddly, Donnie always becomes very defensive when anyone mentions the odd hours that he keeps. He reacted just as I knew he would. Donnie, we know how much you feel driven to prove everyone else "wrong"...oh sorry..."incorrect," but do try to take a break from your I'm-right-and-you're-incorrect quest and get some rest sometime.

August 29th, 2016, 4:02 am #136

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill, you may have insomnia. What are you doing up so late?

You certainly are defensive!!! What about just discussing doctrinal issues and getting to the point?[/color]

Bill
Bill

August 29th, 2016, 4:37 am #137

[color=#000000" size="4" face="times]Bill said: "The Bible hardly needs the philosophy of Plato-Socrates to back it up."

I would assume that Bill knows the "philosophy of Plato-Socrates." And he doesn't need it to back up the Bible. But it appears that he is making an exception: he needs the philosophy of the emperor Constantine, the papacy and paganism to prove his stance on the popular Trinity Creed and on the much-debated music issue.[/color]
No one, except maybe Donnie and Ken, needs the opinions of philosophers to back up the Bible. And speaking of paganism, Ken, with Donnie's blessing, consistently raves about the necessity of paganism to understand the Bible. The Gospel doesn't need pagan gods and goddesses to survive.

As far as the Trinity, I just let the Bible speak for itself when it mentions Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Matt. 28:19). Clear enough.

On the music issue, again, I let the Bible speak for itself: we can speak to and admonish ourselves in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, then we praise God by singing and making melody with grace in our hearts to the Lord (Eph. 5:19 and Col. 3:16). On the other hand, Donnie strongly fixates on the speaking, virtually ignores the singing mentioned in those verses as if singing were sinful, yet he claims that singing is NOT sinful. The KJV suffices for me, but Donnie, who rightly condemns the papacy, turns to a Catholic Bible, the DRB of all things, for his stance on no singing. Donnie is most inconsistent, maybe a bit befuddled.

Of course, interpretations differ, but Donnie believes that his interpretation of Scripture is the only correct one and that all others are "wrong"...er..."incorrect." That's an undesirably narrow-minded attitude.

August 29th, 2016, 2:18 pm #138

Bill No one, except maybe Donnie and Ken, needs the opinions of philosophers to back up the Bible. And speaking of paganism, Ken, with Donnie's blessing, consistently raves about the necessity of paganism to understand the Bible. The Gospel doesn't need pagan gods and goddesses to survive.

The TheoLOGIANS (Apollon's Study) don't know that the Pagan Philosophers rebuked the PAGAN THEOLOGIANS as being nasty and mercinary. Therefore, we MUST appeal to the Pagan Philosophers to MARK AND AVOID Neo-Pagan robbers of temples.

We need to appeal to historic SCHOLARS to prove that none of them were so terminal as to claim that the TRIAS was three god-people "each with their own centers of consciousness and ranked 1, 2, 3" (LU and John Mark Hicks.).

The Gospel is PERFECTLY CLEAR but Anti-Christians REJECT the Gospel.

They claim that SPEAK really meant SING and the holy spirit has not yet found a "clear chanel" throug Postmodern theologians.

1Cor. 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

1Cor. 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him;
and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Bill (tee hee) says that the Son IS the Father and he has MOST of his LU educators agreeing.

Jesus was not LORD (kurios) until God (Theos) GAVE HIM THAT POWER:

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Like I say, it may not matter what you DO if God does not give you A holy spirit or A good conscience, consciousness or a CO-PERCEPTION so that you can read BLACK text on BROWN Paper. That IS the Key and the Seal.

Those who deny that CHRIST (not a god word) came FULLY IN THE FLESH John calls you an ANTICHRIST.
In the FLESH the PATTERN FOR MARKING is that Jesus became a SERVANT and not a SENIOR PASTOR with his-her own little Tower of Power.

Jude warns and MARKS Old Spirits "unleashed" at about the right time c. era ad 2000: as BEASTS they invade with A new style of music or Satyriic (Pan-Cappells) Drama

Rancor
Rancor

August 29th, 2016, 2:23 pm #139

Donnie and Ken are Change Agents in the Church of Christ. They believe congregational singing is a sin.

Donnie and Ken would like to cover and hide this fact.

Comments welcome!
But Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me” (John 10:27). His voice is all we need to hear and the Scriptures are His voice, completely and utterly sufficient.

August 29th, 2016, 3:43 pm #140

http://www.piney.com/Jay.Guin.Wineskins.Patternism.html

The voice of Jesus is not in your songs, sermons and especially your HYMN BOOK which is a PRAYER BOOK.

You can no longer find one of those who "use one mind and one mouth" to SPEAK "that which is written for our LEARNING."

SABBATH was nefver a day of worship except for the musicians and takers of shekals.SABBATH means REST.

Here is the absolute Voice of the same Spirit OF Christ in the prophets:

You don''t know anyone able to read the VOICE Jesus made more certain in the PROPHETS and not in the court records of an abandoned Monarcyy.

Is. 58:3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
Is. 58:4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
Is. 58:5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
Is. 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Is. 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Is. 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
Is. 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
Is. 58:10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
Is. 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Is. 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
Is. 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath [PAUO], from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Is. 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

God BREATHES (not a spirit people) through HIS MOUTH and YOU refuse to SPEAK it: THERE IS NO LIGHT IN YOU.

Don't we have lots of jumpity Judas Goats just holding massive HEE HAWS all over the land mocking the OLD PATHS.

Jesus articulating the BREATH of THE LOGOS or Regulative Principle and people are MARKED as ANTICHRISTS when they join with the INSTRUMENTALISTS and mock the REGULATIVE PRINCIPLE.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 29th, 2016, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.