Mark 16:15-16 (3 Versions: Donnie's, Ken's, and Jesus')

Mark 16:15-16 (3 Versions: Donnie's, Ken's, and Jesus')

Stan
Stan

November 26th, 2016, 3:37 am #1

Donnie's Version
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach there is not a Holy Spirit to every creature. He that believeth and does not sing with instruments shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Ken's Version
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach there is not a Holy Spirit to every creature. He that believeth and does not sing at all shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus' Version (KJV)
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

November 26th, 2016, 4:37 am #2

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Stan,

A great post that's worth discussing. I'm glad that you quoted from Mark 16 [which reminds me of Matt. 28:18-20 in your other thread]:

[15] And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. [16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues....

If you notice, I also included verse 17 where it says: "IN MY NAME" It was Jesus (not the F,S,HS) speaking, was it not?

I would also like to quote from Luke 24 a similar passage related to the "Great Commission":

[46] And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: [47] And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. [48] And ye are witnesses of these things. [49] And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Please note: "IN HIS NAME"" in the passage.

If the Pope/Roman Catholic Church had not altered the text in Matthew, then all accounts of the last chapters of Matthew, Mark, and Luke would be consistent: "in the name of Jesus Christ."[/color]

November 26th, 2016, 5:08 am #3

Donnie's Version
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach there is not a Holy Spirit to every creature. He that believeth and does not sing with instruments shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Ken's Version
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach there is not a Holy Spirit to every creature. He that believeth and does not sing at all shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus' Version (KJV)
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
If the Holy Spirit is one of the three gods tell us, if you can, what is his name?

In Acts 2 the people were pricked in their hearts so THEY had AN unholy Spirit. In 1 Peter 3:21 Peter says that BAPTISM SAVES because that is God's PATTERN to REQUEST A good conscience, consciousness or A co perception of the Word. A holy spirit has the same meaning as A good conscience: these are not the Holy Spirit but OURS which needs the GIFT of a Holy Spirit. As far as I know, a god person cannot be GIVEN away.

Those whose now-holy spirits (theirs) have them translated into a heavenly kingdom. The MARK so you can tell is that Jesus said that the kingdom does not come with OBSERVATION: that means religious observations or lying wonders. Worship is in the PLACE of the SPIRIT and not in houses built by human hands. Worship is IN TRUTH: the WORD or regulative principle IS TRUTH. The Spirit OF Truth is a mental disposition devoted to TRUTH and not a little god person able to fit inside of carnal heads.

The place of REST is defined as a SCHOOL and an UMBRELLA: A Church of Christ is not a worship center (observations) but a SAFE HOUSE to shelter the Little Flock until the storms pass over and away. The Jews as the PATTERN for clergy including Levite noise makers boasted that they had a covenant with DEATH and with HELL and nothing could harm them. Anything beyond a School of Christ which requires that we ASK for A holy spirit or A good conscience so that we can read BLACK text on WHITE paper.

This and ALL of the future Rest of Messiah was defined inclusively and exclusively in the prophets. The prophets by the Spirit OF Christ which God breathed into them denounced the whole Civil-Military-Clergy complex and any pseudo church which uses them as their PATTERN. After denying that God had commanded anything of the Jews whom He abandoned Isaiah defined baptism. The eunuch who had an Isaiah Scroll understood that and more;

<font face="arial" size="4">Paul would be guided by Jesus into all truth but he was not promised that the Spirit OF Christ as a separate god person would get inside of his body.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

That gave Paul A holy spirit--his--without which he would not be qualified to teach that which had been taught.
</font>

Stan
Stan

November 26th, 2016, 5:31 am #4

The problem Ken is that there is a definite article in the Greek of so many passages, like 1 Peter 1:2, of which the King James Version accurately translates into English. It is not "a Spirit," but "the Spirit." Likewise, it is not God "a Father," but "the Father." If Peter were trying to associate the Spirit as that of the Father or Jesus Christ, he does a poor job. He specifies and distinguishes the foreknowledge of God, the blood of Jesus Christ, and the sanctification of the Spirit. If "the Spirit" is not the Holy Spirit, then is it the Father's or Jesus Christ's? Which is responsible for sanctification? Also, it would not be accurate to say "the Spirit" shed his blood for us.

So let's stop twisting Scripture. 1 Peter 1:2 "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."

Donnie, as Bill has communicated to you numerous times, just because there are passages advocating the name of Jesus does not diminish any and all Scriptures that reference the Holy Spirit. If we were to list all the passages that you twist and insist are misinterpreted by the King James and every version, we have our work cut out. It isn't just Matthew 28 and 1 Peter 1, it is verses in practically every New Testament book other than James and Philemon.

Bill, I think we're edging closer to Round 75.....

November 26th, 2016, 6:03 am #5

1Pet. 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification OF the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

There goes that opps! Missed prepositions 101.

If the BREATH of God IS one of the three gods, why does HE need to be purified?

So you translate: THROUGH sanctification OF the Spirit as

BY sanctification BY the "holy spirit".

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us,
BY the washing of regeneration,
and renewing [renovation] OF the Holy Ghost;

So, you are saying that it is THE HOLY SPIRIT "who" NEEDS to be renovated or regenerated?
If there is A holy spirit who does the work you then translate the KJV AS

and renewing [renovation] BY the Holy Ghost;

Heb. 10:22 Let us draw near with a TRUE HEART in full assurance of faith,
having OUR HEARTS sprinkled from an evil conscience,
and our bodies washed with pure water.

Spirit and Heart and Mind are often used interchangeably. When OUR hearts or minds are purified then OUR spirit is purified.

The only recorded evidence of SPIRIT personified is that of Apollon the leader of the muses or locusts.

Repeating Jeremiah etal The Book of Jubilees, Chapter One reads

http://www.piney.com/ApocJubileeBook.html

And the Lord said unto Moses: 'I know their contrariness and their thoughts and their stiffneckedness, and they will not be obedient till they confess

23 their own sin and the sin of their fathers. And after this they will turn to Me in all uprightness and with all (their) heart and with all (their) soul,

and I will circumcise the foreskin of their heart and the foreskin of the heart of their seed,
and I will create IN them A holy spirit,
and I will cleanse them SO THAT they shall not turn away from Me from that day unto eternity.

24 And their souls will cleave to Me and to all My commandments, and they will fulfil My
25 commandments, and I will be their Father and they shall be My children.

Bill
Bill

November 26th, 2016, 6:39 am #6

The problem Ken is that there is a definite article in the Greek of so many passages, like 1 Peter 1:2, of which the King James Version accurately translates into English. It is not "a Spirit," but "the Spirit." Likewise, it is not God "a Father," but "the Father." If Peter were trying to associate the Spirit as that of the Father or Jesus Christ, he does a poor job. He specifies and distinguishes the foreknowledge of God, the blood of Jesus Christ, and the sanctification of the Spirit. If "the Spirit" is not the Holy Spirit, then is it the Father's or Jesus Christ's? Which is responsible for sanctification? Also, it would not be accurate to say "the Spirit" shed his blood for us.

So let's stop twisting Scripture. 1 Peter 1:2 "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ. Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."

Donnie, as Bill has communicated to you numerous times, just because there are passages advocating the name of Jesus does not diminish any and all Scriptures that reference the Holy Spirit. If we were to list all the passages that you twist and insist are misinterpreted by the King James and every version, we have our work cut out. It isn't just Matthew 28 and 1 Peter 1, it is verses in practically every New Testament book other than James and Philemon.

It's quite obvious that Donnie's biases have utterly destroyed his credibility. And one can hardly take seriously the "teachings" of someone like Ken who, in every one of his posts, incessantly fixates on mythology and who rails nonstop against all singing and music.

November 26th, 2016, 7:59 am #7

I have discussed "the Spirit" quite extensively. I mentioned the Spirit of God recently in an answer to your post: And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters (Genesis 1:2).

Here are some stats to consider (I've done this several times before):

1. "the spirit/Spirit OF God" = 14 times in O.T.
2. "the spirit/Spirit OF God" = 12 times in N.T.
3. "the spirit/Spirit OF the Lord" = 26 times in O.T.
4. "the spirit/Spirit OF the Lord" = 5 times in N.T.
5. "THY holy spirit" = 1 time in the O.T.
6. "HIS holy spirit" = 2 times in the N.T.
7. "HIS holy spirit" = 1 time in the N.T.
8. "the holy spirit OF GOD" = 1 time in the N.T.

Observe where "the spirit" is preceded by the definite article "the" -- an indication that it is NOT a person; that it is NOT a name.

Observe where "spirit" (neuter) is modified by the word "holy" (adjective).

Observe where "holy spirit" is preceded by "thy" or "his"; and...

Observe where the preposition "OF" is used in the expression.

There is not a single reference to God's holy spirit as a Trinity PERSON, or a separate PERSON.

Yes, I strongly believe in "the spirit of the Lord." God's spirit is not apart from Him. IT is not another God-PERSON.

In Ephesians 4:30, we are told -- "And grieve not the holy Spirit OF God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

That passage does not say that "the holy Spirit IS God" -- as Trinitarians would have you believe; it is definitely altering God's truth.

The truth says: "the holy spirit OF God" -- certainly not the Trinity's version of "the Holy Spirit" as another God-person.[/color]

November 26th, 2016, 8:06 am #8

It's quite obvious that Donnie's biases have utterly destroyed his credibility. And one can hardly take seriously the "teachings" of someone like Ken who, in every one of his posts, incessantly fixates on mythology and who rails nonstop against all singing and music.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill's third-grade verbiage when he runs out of gas.[/color]

November 26th, 2016, 9:04 am #9

I have just checked the Greek New Testament. I Peter 1:2 does not have a definite article "the" preceding the "spirit" word. Rather, the text renders: "HOLYing of spirit" or "hallowing of spirit."

When one's sins are forgiven in the blood of the Lamb, he receives the gift of a holy spirit or a clear conscience or refreshing (Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19). Let's not get that confused with "the spirit of God," which is not a/another person in the Trinity's three-Gods-in-one dogma.

Another manipulation of God's Word by Trinity-influenced translators!!!

Ken is correct. The passage has nothing to do with the Trinity's version of "the Holy Spirit" advertised as God-PERSON No. 3. As in the salutations from Romans to Jude, the salutation in I Peter includes God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

Let's add I Peter 1:2 to your thread that deals with errors in translations.[/color]

Bill
Bill

November 26th, 2016, 3:44 pm #10

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill's third-grade verbiage when he runs out of gas.[/color]
Donnie, it's come to the point that all your posts rail against the Trinity with radical attempts to poke holes in the KJV day after day. Similarly all Ken's posts pitch mythology and rail against singing and music day after day. Now even a third-grader could see that your obsessions have totally swallowed you up and that you both have totally gone off the deep end.