Madison's New (Instrumental) 'Vision'

June 17th, 2012, 6:03 pm #21

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

Please stop it. Real "B": no need to respond to Dave as I have already explained it. None of this will be approved anymore.

OK, I think Madison is about to go "your" way.

No comments from you? I am surprised! Thought you might say: "I told you so." But again, we'd been expecting this.[/color]

June 18th, 2012, 1:35 am #22

Consider the words of the preacher in Ecclesiastes 1 and 2. Church leaders who think problems of the world should take priority over spiritual warfare should consider the evaluation of all the works under the sun - "what is crooked cannot be made straight and what is lacking cannot be numbered" . I submit to you that we should stay on course. Its a spiritual war. We are to love God with all our being and not be inordinate lovers of own selves as mankind does so often. Instrumental music adds nothing to a worship other than demonstrating mans stubborn will.

Again in Ecclesiastes 2 the preacher states that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness. Those who want sights and sounds of denominational proceedings are pandering to human desire. I assert they are walking in darkness and will continue to digress and err further and further. Someone said what they were really doing is worshiping the talents of men and women. I suggest that worship of almighty God is not a showcase for a few but a submission of will by all and our thanks to him. Proverbs 1 says the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom not the fawning over the talented.

Comments Welcome
Religious musicians have always been seen as parasites or robbers because they do no productive work. Furthermore, they have always said to be "drunk, perverted or just having fun: take your pick. Paul really said--in similar literature--"Don't get FLUTED down with Wine."

Ecc 2:8 KJV. ASV I gathered me also silver and gold,
and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces:
I gat me men singers and women singers,
and the delights of the sons of men, [soft, effeminate]
as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.

Singers: H7891 through the idea of strolling minstrelsy); to sing:
H7788 shûr shoor A primitive root; properly to turn, that is, travel about (as a harlot or a merchant):go, sing. See also H7891 .

Men and women Singers:
H7705 shiddâh shid-dah' From H7703 ; a wife (as mistress of the house), concubine:X all sorts, musical instrument.
H7703 shâdad implication to ravage:destroy oppress, robber

Musical Instruments:
H7705 shiddâh shid-dah' From H7703 ; a wife (as mistress of the house):X all sorts, musical instrument.

Concubines and Millers (grinders) did double duty as concubines and instrument players.

Guess that some people just cannot learn from reading the clear text.

June 24th, 2012, 3:56 pm #23

Original Message <font face="times" size="3">(June 11 2012 at 3:32 AM):</font>

<table width="725" border="0"><tr><td valign="top" width="98%">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tr><td width="98%" bgcolor="#ffffff">

<table border="0" width="98%" align="center"><tr><td>
[color=#000000" size="5" face="times]Madison's New (Instrumental) "Vision"[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Last month the elders announced Madison's new "vision" that approves the use of instrumental music. If someone wrote about this I didn't see it.

They said that using instruments is not a "salvation issue". Both services will use acappella music for now, but the first service will now get a praise team like the second service. And the second service will have more creative worship.

But the youth group gets to start using instrumental music. They said light acoustical instruments.

This seems like a huge change so I was surprised not to see it here yet.

[/color]</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]NOTE:The information above has been submitted anonymously. Meanwhile, we have opted to substitute "Concerned" for "Anonymous" as the name. The message remains unedited.
-----------------------[/color]
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]We've heard from the author who is a long-time member of Madison and would like to be identified as "MCC-Torn" [... and appropriately so].[/color]
=================================================

[color=#0000FF" size="5" face="times]Madison's New (Instrumental) "Vision": Cymbals, Psalteries, Harps ANATHEMA
By Ken Sublett[/color]

Heritage Church of Christ following the ACU pattern has imposed what he calls instrumental music.

http://www.piney.com/Heritage.Church.of ... Music.html

Jim Hackney led by the NACC at ACU gives his "proof texts" all of which are lies because he does not know the context.

http://www.piney.com/Jim.Hackney.Instru ... rship.html

The expression "having cymbals and psalteries and harps" is not a pattern for Christian worship: it is defined as the worship of Apollo (abaddon, Apollyon) and Dionysus first outed at Mount Sinai. If God turned them over to worship the starry host, and scholars agree that the Jews worshipped the starry host on their way back to Babylon, why do you suppose that latter day elders fulfil the warning of Paul against wolves and violently impose the same patternism: Who knows? both the Shadow and any Bible student knows.

http://www.piney.com/Having.Cymbals.and ... s.and.html

June 25th, 2012, 1:16 am #24

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tr><td width="98%" bgcolor="#ffffff">

[color=#000000" size="5" face="times]Madison's New (Instrumental) "Vision"[/color]
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Last month the elders announced Madison's new "vision" that approves the use of instrumental music. If someone wrote about this I didn't see it.

They said that using instruments is not a "salvation issue". Both services will use acappella music for now, but the first service will now get a praise team like the second service. And the second service will have more creative worship.

But the youth group gets to start using instrumental music. They said light acoustical instruments.

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]NOTE:The information above has been submitted anonymously. Meanwhile, we have opted to substitute "Concerned" for "Anonymous" as the name. The message remains unedited.
[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]We've heard from the author who is a long-time member of Madison and would like to be identified as "MCC-Torn" [... and appropriately so].[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="5" face="times]Madison's New (Instrumental) "Vision": Cymbals, Psalteries, Harps ANATHEMA
By Ken Sublett[/color]

Heritage Church of Christ following the ACU pattern has imposed what he calls instrumental music.

Jim Hackney led by the NACC at ACU gives his "proof texts" all of which are lies because he does not know the context.

The expression "having cymbals and psalteries and harps" is not a pattern for Christian worship: it is defined as the worship of Apollo (abaddon, Apollyon) and Dionysus first outed at Mount Sinai. If God turned them over to worship the starry host, and scholars agree that the Jews worshipped the starry host on their way back to Babylon, why do you suppose that latter day elders fulfil the warning of Paul against wolves and violently impose the same patternism: Who knows? both the Shadow and any Bible student knows.

The clickable links to this table is at

1.Corinthians.14.Speaking.in.Tongues.html

June 25th, 2012, 6:23 pm #25

By Ken Sublett[/color]

Racnor
Racnor

June 25th, 2012, 8:04 pm #26

Ken, have you been out in the sun too long? It is almost 100 degrees in HOHENWALD today. You need to pace yourself
and stay in the shade!

June 25th, 2012, 8:18 pm #27

Need to get back to bushogging but I keep praying for rain to remove my guilt complex for not hitting it. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe when it cools off.

June 26th, 2012, 12:11 am #28

June 26th, 2012, 3:02 am #29

By Ken Sublett[/color]

1Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Dodona: ancient sanctuary of the chief Greek god, Zeus, in Epirus, Greece; the ceremonies held there had many remarkable and abnormal features. The earliest mention of it is in the Iliad (xvi, 234), where its priests are called the Selloi (or Helloi) and are described as "of unwashen feet, sleeping on the ground." The description suggests worshipers or servants of an earth goddess or of some chthonian power with whom they kept in continual contact, day and night. Homer (Odyssey, xiv, 327) was also the first to mention the oracle at Dodona. A tree (or trees) was reputed to give oracles, presumably through the rustling of its leaves and other sounds. Herodotus, but no earlier writer, mentions priestesses, whom he describes as the givers of the oracles, doubtless under some kind of inspiration from the god.

A further peculiarity of Dodona was the "bronze," a large gong set vibrating at every breeze by a scourge held in the hand of a figure standing over it;

the persistent ringing passed into a Greek proverbial phrase--Khalkos Dodones ("Brass of Dodona")-- for a continuous talker who has nothing to say.

Tom Brite
Tom Brite

June 26th, 2012, 2:52 pm #30

Donnie, first, I am not sure if it is a problem on my end or with the website, but for the past month, I have had extreme difficulty getting the site to load on my computer and it will not load at all anymore on my IPad or IPhone. I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Just thought I would let you know.

Mainly, I can tell you that the time lapse at Oak Hills between the elder announcement on their not being any prohibition on instruments in worship until the adoption of them in the worship service was about 4 years. Let me also say again that Max Lucado is a friend of mine, he has been in my house and I have been in his. He wrote the letter of recommendation for my son to get into ACU. That being said, I remember when this was all starting that Max stated that he had found that a soft harp or soft piano really helped encourage people to respond to the Gospel. That was what was envisioned when the topic was discussed at Oak Hills. Since that time, those things have progressed into a full rock band at all but one service which remains non-instrumental. If Madison follows the same course, the countdown has begun.