Letter and Spirit: David Young Holy Spirit REVIVALISM Part B

August 14th, 2013, 4:22 am #11

Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are doing just fine whether we worry about a "Trinity" or not.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]You are correct -- why should Trinitarians worry about the man-invented Trinity doctrine approved in the Nicene Creed by the evolving Roman Catholic Church and the Emperor?

Let's just contrast the man-made "Trinity" with the Scripture-based "the Godhead":

"... to the acknowledgement of <b>the mystery of God, and [1] of the Father, and [2] of Christ... As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him... Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him [Christ] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.</b>" (Colossians 2:2-9)[/color]

Bill
Bill

August 14th, 2013, 4:35 am #12

Do you worry about the Trinity? I don't. If people want to believe that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit constitute the Trinity, that's fine. I see nothing wrong with that belief. Furthermore, I don't believe our eternal salvation hangs on the issue. THAT'S why I don't worry about it.

August 14th, 2013, 6:04 am #13

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Good question.

No, I don't worry about the Trinity. The Bible doesn't teach it. It is man-concocted, and I cannot change man's invention. It's fine with me, too, if people want to believe in the "Three Persons."

If your prerogative is to address God's [HIS] holy Spirit as Lord, Master, God, Savior, Almighty, King, Redeemer or as one to SERVE and OBEY and WORSHIP, I can't stop you.

"[E]ternal salvation hangs on ________" is your own expression [not mine]; it is not even an argument, and it has nothing to do with the discussion. (I think "Eternal Salvation Hangs on" would make a good thread, however.)[/color]

August 15th, 2013, 2:04 am #14

God creaded Adam (mankind) in His own image:

GEN 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the DUST of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the BREATH of life; and man became a living SOUL. (KJV) dust = body,
breath = spirit,
and soul = soul.

1Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God [Theos] of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God
your whole spirit
and soul
and body
be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord [Kurios] Jesus Christ.

If your spirit is another little person inside of your carnal body then get Obama-Cares-Not quickly.
The Lord our God is ONE Lord

http://www.piney.com/The.Lord.our.God.is.one.Lord.html

Bill
Bill

August 15th, 2013, 3:16 am #15

Yes, there is only ONE Lord God--not multiple Gods--with a Son, Jesus, along with the Holy Spirit.

August 15th, 2013, 4:21 am #16

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

I may have missed it; would you show a single Scripture reference to God's holy Spirit as "LORD"?

Better yet, there are 32 references to "the Spirit of the Lord" throughout the Bible. Who is the real "Lord" between:

(1) the Lord [Himself]
-------- and --------------
(2) the Spirit OF the Lord?

The best ever -- in Ephesians 4:30 where it says, "... grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption" ... Who is God between:

(1) God [Himself]
(2) the holy Spirit of God?[/color]

Bill
Bill

August 15th, 2013, 1:18 pm #17

Just be satisfied that the grouping is ONE Father and ONE Son and ONE Holy Spirit. Whether they are three-in-one, one-in-three, or some other combination DOES NOT MATTER, because the New Testament gives NO indication that our eternal salvation hangs on how we perceive THEM. I guess I need to keep telling you that to reassure you and ease your mind.

August 16th, 2013, 1:54 am #18

I may have missed it; would you show a single Scripture reference to God's holy Spirit as "LORD"?

Better yet, there are 32 references to "the Spirit of the Lord" throughout the Bible. Who is the real "Lord" between:

(1) the Lord [Himself]
(2) the Spirit OF the Lord?

The best ever -- in Ephesians 4:30 where it says, "... grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption" ... Who is God between:

(1) God [Himself]
(2) the holy Spirit of God?[/color]
The grouping of 1-in-3 or 3-in-1 is THEOLOGY Neither exists except as the trinity is defined in the beginning

Thought and Breath and Word

The One God thinks, breathes and speaks: He speaks His Own Words. They are begotten by Him and therefore they are His Son.

There is ONE GOD (theos)

And there is ONE LORD [Kurios] and Mediator: He is the MAN Jesus whom God MADE to be both Lord and Christ.

In the flesh Jesus was the ONE IMAGE as the antithesis of the always-pagan father, mother (spirit) and son.

In His glorified State Jesus of Nazareth ceased to be the WORD of God as audible and visible, and is now the Holy Spirit or MIND of God.

If you need to JAM another Spirit People between the FATHER and SON then John calls you ANTICHRIST.

When John speaks of Father and Son he follows the PATTERN of all of the Epistles which omit "The Holy Spirit" when Christ had guided the Apostles into all truth.

You deny that Jesus as Lord "made the partial prophets more certain" and thereafter the salutations RECOGNIZES

The One God the Father
And Jesus Christ as His SON

Inserting a SPIRIT person in these concluding letters would indicate that Jesus as Comforter had NOT commpleted THAT WHICH IS PERFECT. Perfection came when EACH eye-- and ear-- witness of the resurrected Jesus "left a memory" for everyone else.

The WORD is THE SPIRIT, the double-edged-sword as the only power in this post-direct operation period.

There is ONE and ONE and not 3-in-1 which is an antichrist graven image.

August 16th, 2013, 2:47 am #19

Just be satisfied that the grouping is ONE Father and ONE Son and ONE Holy Spirit. Whether they are three-in-one, one-in-three, or some other combination DOES NOT MATTER, because the New Testament gives NO indication that our eternal salvation hangs on how we perceive THEM. I guess I need to keep telling you that to reassure you and ease your mind.

Please stop stating the Trinity Creed and using the Creed's statement to validate the Creed itself. We all know that, and that's what we are discussing.

Your pattern of logical defense has been to quote the Creed whenever you are VERY incapable of answering numerous questions I have posed.

So far, you have not presented one iota of evidence or proof from the Bible that the Creed is scriptural. It is man-made.

So, here's another chance. Please answer the three (3)[/color] questions I asked you in the preceding post. SPECIFIC ANSWERS, please.

Not: "eternal salvation hangs on...." NOT: "DOES NOT MATTER." As that would be a response from a Scripture-illiterate. Otherwise, let us think that you are biblical scholar.

A-Won
A-Won

August 16th, 2013, 3:51 am #20

The grouping of 1-in-3 or 3-in-1 is THEOLOGY Neither exists except as the trinity is defined in the beginning

Thought and Breath and Word

The One God thinks, breathes and speaks: He speaks His Own Words. They are begotten by Him and therefore they are His Son.

There is ONE GOD (theos)

And there is ONE LORD [Kurios] and Mediator: He is the MAN Jesus whom God MADE to be both Lord and Christ.

In the flesh Jesus was the ONE IMAGE as the antithesis of the always-pagan father, mother (spirit) and son.

In His glorified State Jesus of Nazareth ceased to be the WORD of God as audible and visible, and is now the Holy Spirit or MIND of God.

If you need to JAM another Spirit People between the FATHER and SON then John calls you ANTICHRIST.

When John speaks of Father and Son he follows the PATTERN of all of the Epistles which omit "The Holy Spirit" when Christ had guided the Apostles into all truth.

You deny that Jesus as Lord "made the partial prophets more certain" and thereafter the salutations RECOGNIZES

The One God the Father
And Jesus Christ as His SON

Inserting a SPIRIT person in these concluding letters would indicate that Jesus as Comforter had NOT commpleted THAT WHICH IS PERFECT. Perfection came when EACH eye-- and ear-- witness of the resurrected Jesus "left a memory" for everyone else.

The WORD is THE SPIRIT, the double-edged-sword as the only power in this post-direct operation period.

There is ONE and ONE and not 3-in-1 which is an antichrist graven image.
Ken, thanks for keeping them short. My short attention span allowed me to read every one of your posts.