Legalism Part A + Part B: a RACA word for those who don't BOW when others PIPE

April 25th, 2015, 6:06 pm #1

The mantra is that if you do not let the NACC transistion your congregation to being instrumental and paying your dues is that if you resist being transistioned or even define legalsim as what they want to impose as a laded burden, they you are a LEGALIST. This is defined over time so that people are afraid to be called a legalist or sectarian for refusing to join the instrumental sectarians you are now defined as ANTI- instrumentalist which makes you fair game so that they can "take an axe to you."

They need to LADE the burden Jesus removed from the TIRED or be BANNED from the profiteers who do not believe the Word enough to suffer as Jesus did and promised to those who speak that which has BEEN TAUGHT for our learning. Performance speaking, music and "programs" are effective in preventing YOU from being able to DEFINE the Words simple simon would have heard Jesus promise to His LITTLE FLOCK (mikros).

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 25th, 2015, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2015, 10:40 pm #2

Legalism is hiring a huge STAFF to perform WORK justified as serving GOD and the Church: such STAFF not part of Teaching that which has been taught are the BURDEN LADERS Jesus pried off the backs of liberated Little Flock as well as the sincere Evangelist Purpose Driven to teach the Word, Logos, Regulative principle or what we define as the laded burden which makes people TIRED without needing to pay a "minister" to master their Friday night TGIF.

April 26th, 2015, 4:08 am #3

The mantra is that if you do not let the NACC transistion your congregation to being instrumental and paying your dues is that if you resist being transistioned or even define legalsim as what they want to impose as a laded burden, they you are a LEGALIST. This is defined over time so that people are afraid to be called a legalist or sectarian for refusing to join the instrumental sectarians you are now defined as ANTI- instrumentalist which makes you fair game so that they can "take an axe to you."

They need to LADE the burden Jesus removed from the TIRED or be BANNED from the profiteers who do not believe the Word enough to suffer as Jesus did and promised to those who speak that which has BEEN TAUGHT for our learning. Performance speaking, music and "programs" are effective in preventing YOU from being able to DEFINE the Words simple simon would have heard Jesus promise to His LITTLE FLOCK (mikros).

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]In a most recent discussion about: "The Progressive-Liberal 'COC' Pattern: King David's Music, Dance, Burnt Offerings ... and Nudity," here are highlights of the conversation between Just Layman and Donnie regarding "legalism":[/color]

[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]Just Layman: Donnie, it has been reported over the years that you sing at Church. How do you justify your singing?"[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Donnie<u>:</u> When the Praise Team was first introduced at Madison some 14 years ago by the "Worship Leader" Keith Lancaster ... -- which caused a major division both in the eldership and in the membership -- much has changed in me concerning singing "at church."

I detest the entertainment and performance aspects in musical worship. (Thanks to the [current] elders for getting rid of the 2-male and 2-female performers on stage....

I avoid "spiritual" erotic, non-scriptural, repetitive songs, even by the title: If you miss me ... you are the one for me ... Oh, I was made for this: to know your tender kiss ... my feet were made to dance ... for I was made for you ... I felt your warm embrace ...

...And we need to respect what the Bible says and what history has recorded for our knowledge. There is no example or command for congregational singing in the Bible; that "congregational singing" AS WE KNOW IT TODAY has its own history: certainly not dating back to the 1st century Christian era....
[/color]

[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]Just Layman: Donnie, I think your core values have changed. You no longer support the traditional COC congregational singing. The term "Change Agent" could be used to describe your actions. ... Donnie, "Legalism" will have you sitting on the couch on Sunday mornings... sulking and complaining how terribly wrong it all is. You are driving a wedge between yourself and the Church you claim to support!

Accept a dose of GRACE and quit "hiding" to sing praises to your Lord and Savior. Time is short! Spend more quality time at Church!
[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Donnie: Just, I'm not sure where you got your definition of "legalism." If I abide by what the Scripture says to "let the word of Christ dwell in you richly," is that "legalism" to you? I simply have no desire to let Bart Millard's words, "will I dance for you, Jesus" ... dwell in me.

To emphasize "letting the word of Christ dwell in you richly," is not driving a wedge between myself and the church of Christ Jesus that I support. I know it. It's the truth from the Scripture.

"Grace" is God's part, and it is not to be abused. Man's part is obedience. Even Christ himself ensampled obedience to God the Father. Please read this: "[8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; [9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" (Hebrews 5, KJV)....

I participate in congregational singing when the message is Scripture-based and when it is performance-and-entertainment-free. No, I would not sing, "I will dance for you, Jesus."
[/color]

[color=#000000" size="3" face="times]Just Layman: That's really sad Donnie. Your legalism has you bound up in a knot. As a result, I see you on your couch on Sunday mornings. Just tried to help my small way. Later.

Sorry Donnie, but it does seem to be a severe case of cumulative legalism. This will help you! ... Introduction to Grace ... Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; ... Eph 2:5-8 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Donnie: ... I gather from your response that there is freedom from the bondage of legalism:

(1) When the message is NOT Scripture-based and
(2) When the act is performance- and entertainment-driven.

Your CONTRAST between "legalism" and "grace" is not making sense. (Sorry to inform you.)
[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I was wrong. I had thought "legalism" described only churches. Now, to the accuser, "legalism" is a label which describes an individual.

The accusation is that it is "legalism" or "legalistic" when one supports the principle that any belief, doctrine or practice should be Scripture-based and/or that true "worship" is devoid of the elements of entertainment and performance. The Restoration Movement's principle: "We speak where the Bible speaks; we are silent where the Bible is silent" is ludicrous and objectionable to the accuser.

(1) The change agents in the brotherhood will label or accuse congregations in the church of Christ of being legalistic when their compromised "truth" or doctrine, beliefs and practices are rejected as they invade and attempt to divide, conquer and acquire.

(2) The denominational world will label or accuse the church of Christ (including the change agents "in the church") as legalistic when it abides by the teachings of the New Testament concerning the church that Christ established and what the N.T. really teaches regarding salvation.[/color]

Just Layman
Just Layman

April 26th, 2015, 8:14 pm #4

Sorry Donnie, it was ignorance on my part and maybe I was being a little too cute. You did not deserve what I said about you. See you later.

April 26th, 2015, 11:51 pm #5

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Just,

Not a problem. Actually, it was a "fun" and "entertaining" conversation about singing and congregational singing ... although "legalism" came up. Oops ... I said "fun and entertaining." But we weren't in the assembly for "worship."

What you said about me and my stance on certain doctrinal issues did not bother me ... and we were communicating civilly.

As I said, many religious groups would label churches of Christ as "legalistic" the moment any of the following is mentioned: Christ established only one church ... there is no conversion or redemption prior to baptism ... the Christian is to do good works as "faith without works is dead" ... eternal life is a promise to be rewarded to the faithful Christian, etc.

Have a great week.[/color]

April 27th, 2015, 3:14 am #6

Christians obey the LAW OF CHRIST which is not the LAW OF MOSES or the law of self righteousness proven by those who think that their worship antics can earn merit from God. The promised Holy Spirit is called the Spirit OF Truth or the mental disposition of truth:

2John 4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children
<font color="#FFFFFF">......
walking in truth,
......as we have received a commandment from the Father.
2John 2 For the truth’s sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
2John 3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace,
......from God the Father,
......and from the Lord Jesus Christ,
......the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
2John 4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in TRUTH,
......as we have received a commandment from the Father.
2John 5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee,
......but that which we had from the beginning,
......that we love one another.
2John 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments.
......This is the commandment, [is a law]
......That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Walking is hodos or the ROAD tread by the SECT that is called the WAY: it is narrow, exclusive and obeys the COMMANDS of God some dare call legalism. 2. walk about while teaching, discourse, 4. of the Christian Faith and its followers, pattern, system. Come to Teach.

The craftsmen, speakers, singers, instrument players are called sorcerers who HAD DECEIVED the World: perhaps the old world since God used Jesus of Nazareth to create the new "world."

2Cor. 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Cor. 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Cor. 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2John 7 For many deceivers are ENTERED into the world,
......who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.
......This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2John 8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought,
......but that we receive a full reward.
2John 9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God.
......He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ [What Christ taught and commanded],
......the hath both the Father and the Son.
2John 10 If there come any unto you,
......and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house,
......neither bid him God speed:
2John 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on April 27th, 2015, 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 27th, 2015, 5:01 pm #7

If you want to define LEGALISM and the LADED BURDEN it is important to look at contemporaneous literature. It is simple but beyond simple lexicons and sermon outlines to see how words are USED by people who taught Paul as a child. The ways in which a word is used is not a unique definition. However, if you see how PSALLO is used and there is no good meaning in context it would be unwise to use a singular word as a gift of grace to deliberately sow discord. In addition such dangerous and reckless speakers may know but will not tell that recorded history defines them as Angels of Blight.

Plato, for instance, defines the ideal state by defining musical terms marking really evil people. He notes that the falsetto singing at altars can alter the nature and produce 'gender bleed' or gender crossover.