John Waddey Holy Spirit a Person in John 14:26

December 15th, 2012, 6:12 pm #1

The Holy Spirit is a divine person, a member of the holy godhead. It is erroneous to think of him as merely a power, influence or feeling. Masculine pronouns are applied to the Spirit (John 14:26).

That's true but the NAME of the Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ the Righteous (1 John 2). Jesus was changed as we will be changed but He went to the father to receive the PROMISE of the Holy Spirit. The PROMISE means that Jesus received the EVANGEL role as the SPIRITUAL Jesus Who would speak only what Jesus in person spoke. He guided the Apostles into all truth and guards His Word as the sole educational foundation of the church of Christ. If anyone defines the spiritual reign of Jesus in His spiritual kingom by making up funny songs or sermons than it is NOT A Church of Christ defined as A School of the Word.

I have added a new thread because my study of the promise of the Holy Spirit which Jesus said will be "I will come to you." I am going to add the study in images throughout the day and you can comment or not. I didn't get the commission to convince anyone. If you still think that the ONE GOD is really "three persons with their own centers of consciousness" (John Mark Hicks and the LU band) then John identifies you as ANTIchrist however sincere you might be. In Donnie's thread if you cannot confess that Jesus as the Christ is the SON OF GOD then I am sorry that you paid for all of those degrees and certificates.

Rocky
Rocky

December 15th, 2012, 7:18 pm #2

Should We Pray to the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit?

Dear Teacher:
Should we pray to the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as some do? I just don't understand the relation of the members of the Godhead, especially the Holy Spirit. - Emily

Dear Emily:
Your question is both reasonable and stimulating. God has revealed himself to humanity through the book we call the Bible. In it, the word "God" is applied alike to three divine persons, the Father, The Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. At the same time it tells us that there is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4).

Across the centuries, as godly men have struggled to grasp and understand the nature of God, they have used different analogies to express what they perceive. There is one seat of divine government in the world, just as there is one central government over the USA. There are three branches of our government - executive, legislative and judicial. So there are three divine persons that constitute the one godhead or government of heaven - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

All share the nature of godhead. Each is Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, etc. Together they administer the affairs of creation and salvation.

While all have a part in our salvation, care and protection, each member had and has a specific role:

The Father loved us and sent His Son (John 3:16). Jesus came down and lived and died among us.
Jesus taught us to pray to "Our Father who art in heaven" (Mathew 6:9).
The Holy Spirit came to guide the apostles into all the truth (John 15:13) and is given to all who obey Christ in salvation (Acts 5:32). The Holy Spirit is the earnest of our salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14). The Holy Spirit helps us with our prayers (Romans 8:26-28).
Jesus is the one mediator between God and man" (I Timothy 2:5) - thus we offer our prayers "in his (Jesus) name."
You will never go wrong when you follow that divinely given formula.

The concept of the Divine Trinity is not unreasonable; however, it is beyond our ability to fully comprehend

John Waddey

http://www.christianity-then-and-now.co ... n_023.html

December 15th, 2012, 9:23 pm #3

In the beginning was the WORD. The Son of God is/was His WORDS as in He Spake. So said the inventor of the word TRIAS.

It seems to have been a man named Theophilus of Antioch who first applied the term trinity to this Biblical concept as early as 181 A.D

http://www.piney.com/HsTheopTrinity.html

He says (the Campbells agreed)

The Father THINKS
The Father BREATHES (spirit)
The SON articulates. Jesus was/is the incarnate WORD of God.

Tertullian said the same thing: no one defined THREE PEOPLE each with their own centers of consciousness before H. Leo Boles at LU.

http://www.piney.com/Tertullian.Praxeas.html

Rom. 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle,
<font color="#FFFFFF">.....
separated unto the gospel of God,
Rom. 1:2 (Which he had promised afore
.....by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
Rom. 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord,
.....which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Rom. 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power,
.....according to the spirit of holiness,
.....by the resurrection from the dead:

Jesus of Nazareth did not exist until he was born of a virgin: perhaps we all existed as spirits. But Jesus was baptized to show us how to confess God so that He could confess Him/us as MY BELOVED SON. We are not given the same PROMISE of the Holy Spirit or COMMISSION or OFFICE of being Gods MIND until He gives up EVERYTHING to the Father. That proves that His office was temporary.

</font>
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on December 15th, 2012, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 16th, 2012, 3:16 am #4

The Holy Spirit is a divine person, a member of the holy godhead. It is erroneous to think of him as merely a power, influence or feeling. Masculine pronouns are applied to the Spirit (John 14:26).

That's true but the NAME of the Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ the Righteous (1 John 2). Jesus was changed as we will be changed but He went to the father to receive the PROMISE of the Holy Spirit. The PROMISE means that Jesus received the EVANGEL role as the SPIRITUAL Jesus Who would speak only what Jesus in person spoke. He guided the Apostles into all truth and guards His Word as the sole educational foundation of the church of Christ. If anyone defines the spiritual reign of Jesus in His spiritual kingom by making up funny songs or sermons than it is NOT A Church of Christ defined as A School of the Word.

I have added a new thread because my study of the promise of the Holy Spirit which Jesus said will be "I will come to you." I am going to add the study in images throughout the day and you can comment or not. I didn't get the commission to convince anyone. If you still think that the ONE GOD is really "three persons with their own centers of consciousness" (John Mark Hicks and the LU band) then John identifies you as ANTIchrist however sincere you might be. In Donnie's thread if you cannot confess that Jesus as the Christ is the SON OF GOD then I am sorry that you paid for all of those degrees and certificates.

December 16th, 2012, 3:23 am #5