Jesus Is God, but NOT the Father

Jesus Is God, but NOT the Father

Dave
Dave

March 10th, 2017, 4:06 pm #1

Yes, according to the inspired Word of God
John 5 (KJV)
17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

The matter here is that if God is the Father of Jesus (and we know that He is), then even though Jesus is the Son of God, then HE IS ALSO EQUAL TO GOD. EQUAL MEANS = ??? Jesus can't be a lower god, can He? Lower is not equal in mathematics.

The claim that if Jesus is God then He is also the Father, is now debunked, null and void.

Shame on anyone believing that the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ would be just a (g)od.

March 11th, 2017, 7:58 am #2

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The claim that Jesus is God:[/color]
<ol>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Nothing in the passage indicates that Jesus is God.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"EQUAL MEANS = ???" is not a mathematical formula.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"1 God + 1 God + 1 God = 1 God" is a Trinity formula.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"3-Gods-in-1" is another Trinity formula.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Jesus is the Son of God -- some 45 passages in the NT state that.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Jesus is the Son of man -- some 85 passages in the NT state that.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Jesus is God -- No (zero) passage in the Bible states that; Trinitarians do.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"[M]aking himself equal with God" -- Jesus did not say that.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"[M]aking himself equal with God" -- the Jews said that; they wanted to kill him.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28;10:29) -- that's what Jesus said himself.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The Father is "the God" (200 OT and 45 NT references).[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Jesus is NOT the Father -- correct![/color]</li>[/list]

Dave
Dave

March 11th, 2017, 3:20 pm #3

John 5
18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

WHOMEVER made the claim, the why is not important. The fact that the Jews would make the historical and monumental claim that Jesus is the Son, God is the Father, and that Jesus is equal to God is truthful. The Jews made that claim based on the fact that if they could not prove that Jesus was being presented as equal to God, they in fact had no basis for His death.

Explain away Donnie.

Dave
Dave

March 11th, 2017, 5:17 pm #4

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The claim that Jesus is God:[/color]
<ol>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Nothing in the passage indicates that Jesus is God.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"EQUAL MEANS = ???" is not a mathematical formula.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"1 God + 1 God + 1 God = 1 God" is a Trinity formula.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"3-Gods-in-1" is another Trinity formula.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Jesus is the Son of God -- some 45 passages in the NT state that.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Jesus is the Son of man -- some 85 passages in the NT state that.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Jesus is God -- No (zero) passage in the Bible states that; Trinitarians do.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"[M]aking himself equal with God" -- Jesus did not say that.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"[M]aking himself equal with God" -- the Jews said that; they wanted to kill him.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28;10:29) -- that's what Jesus said himself.[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]The Father is "the God" (200 OT and 45 NT references).[/color]

</li>[*][color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Jesus is NOT the Father -- correct![/color]</li>[/list]
It also shows you that God can use even the wicked (Jews) to show His Truth.

Donnie said "Jesus is God -- No (zero) passage in the Bible states that; Trinitarians do."

THat is Donnie generalizing and slandering anyone that disagrees with him....as usual.

That, in a nutshell, is why I continue to post and show the Truth here at concernedmembers. Anyone can say anything at anytime, even though it isn't factual.

March 11th, 2017, 8:33 pm #5

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

Are you saying that when you disagree with me, you are slandering me just the same?

I'm not generalizing; I'm being specific about the fact that there's NO reference in the Scripture stating that Jesus is God.

The Scripture is specific (and there are numerous passages to prove it) when it states that the Father is the only true God. Even Ephesians 1:17 is specific about the Father being "the God" [with the definite article "the"].

In fact, Dave, you must accept this truth: that Jesus has a god:

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, <font size="5" color="#FF0000">the Father[/color] of glory...." (Ephesians 1:17).</font>

Dave
Dave

March 11th, 2017, 11:27 pm #6

Quoting Donnie, "I'm not generalizing; I'm being specific about the fact that there's NO reference in the Scripture stating that Jesus is God."
Also, Donnie said "No (zero) passage in the Bible states that; Trinitarians do."

So, ALL that disagree with you, post passages contrary to what you believe, are Trinitarians???

That is slander, and you are just too immature to confirm it.

Need more proof of your immaturity?
You said "Are you saying that when you disagree with me, you are slandering me just the same?"

March 11th, 2017, 11:58 pm #7

You made the statement first. It's a fair question when I responded to your statement in return. All you need to say is YES or NO and you have the option to explain why. So: "Are you saying that when you disagree with me, you are slandering me just the same?"

Evading questions does not benefit you or anyone in a discussion.

So, here's another question: What do you think of the TRUTH (God's truth) in the passage I quoted earlier? You ought to know that it debunks your thinking or perception that Jesus, the Son of God, is the Father's co-God.

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, <font size="5" color="#FF0000">the Father[/color] of glory...." (Ephesians 1:17).</font>

Dave
Dave

March 12th, 2017, 12:12 am #8

"You made the statement first."

Grow up and we will talk.

March 12th, 2017, 12:28 am #9

You made the statement first. It's a fair question when I responded to your statement in return. All you need to say is YES or NO and you have the option to explain why. So: "Are you saying that when you disagree with me, you are slandering me just the same?"

Evading questions does not benefit you or anyone in a discussion.

So, here's another question: What do you think of the TRUTH (God's truth) in the passage I quoted earlier? You ought to know that it debunks your thinking or perception that Jesus, the Son of God, is the Father's co-God.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them,

I ascend unto my Father, and your Father;

and to my God, and your God.

I like that! So I AM the Father and I AM God. Don't let my cat know.

March 12th, 2017, 4:25 am #10

"You made the statement first."

Grow up and we will talk.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Growing up? Speak for yourself. Just review your posts and listen to HOW you sound like. When someone hesitates and waits for me to publish some of your not-so-Christ-like messages, what does that mean?

And we will talk? Wow! Get real, Dave. Ephesians 1:17 is speaking to you and me:

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, <font size="5" color="#FF0000">the Father[/color] of glory...." (Ephesians 1:17, KJV).

There are more passages speaking to you and me:

"... "I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17, KJV).</font>