Jason Shepherd false Shepherd at Madison Part A

Head Shepherd
Head Shepherd

November 7th, 2013, 2:07 pm #11

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I think it's time to get real with what's happening at Madison.

Dave, you were doing so great in getting involved with the discussion. We agree; we disagree. But at least you responded to specific questions -- unlike the ever evasive Bill.[/color]
Donnie it is time to get real about what's happening at Madison. What do you want to know? Future plans? Hidden agenda? Ask away.

Dave
Dave

November 7th, 2013, 2:31 pm #12

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]I think it's time to get real with what's happening at Madison.

Dave, you were doing so great in getting involved with the discussion. We agree; we disagree. But at least you responded to specific questions -- unlike the ever evasive Bill.[/color]
Donnie said " We agree; we disagree."

Ah, but Donnie, if it were just so.

When you and Ken (and formerly Bill....you got him mad now) disagree with someone, you can't just let it go at that.....you have to take it a step further with slander and ridicule.

MATTHEW 10:28

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One(God) who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Do you not fear and respect the One True Living God?

November 8th, 2013, 3:27 am #13

Donnie, thank you for recycling...again...your arguments that you've posted many times in other threads. The six "assumptions" as you call them are interpretations of Scripture that differ from yours. Given the fact that the Scriptures do not explicitly condemn those differing interpretations, then Dave's recent assertion--that you believe hell awaits those with different interpretations from yours--is quite ironic. Since you did not deny Dave's assertion, then it must be true. In other words, you believe that anyone who has a different interpretation is bound for hell, despite the fact that no such condemnation exists in Scripture. Your mindset is quite appalling, to say the least.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times](1) Bill, thank you for allowing me to respond to YOUR RECYCLED assertions. Yes, they were numbered assumptions because you failed to provide a single scripture for each assumption.

(2) No rebuttal from you? I know. We know. It is difficult to rebut the Scripture with man's best conceptualization.

(3) Dave's assertion about "hell"? A scripturally competent Christian should have nothing to worry about it. If one is worried, that may be a good trigger for him to search the scriptures daily (Acts 17:10-13 and those in Berea).

(4) My assertions are Scripture-based. And you say -- that "mindset is quite appalling." I think I like that comment. [/color]

November 8th, 2013, 3:44 am #14

Donnie it is time to get real about what's happening at Madison. What do you want to know? Future plans? Hidden agenda? Ask away.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Greetings!!!

Maybe I'm not keeping up with what's happening at Madison enough. In Dave's response to my post above, I noted that he vehemently objected to my itemized questions and comments about the congregation.

You said, "Ask away." I thank you for the offer. So, I'm offering you the opportunity to let us know of those "future plans." Are there "hidden agenda" that I'm ignorant about?

Thanks in advance!!!

Donnie[/color]

November 8th, 2013, 4:15 am #15

When you and Ken (and formerly Bill....you got him mad now) disagree with someone, you can't just let it go at that.....you have to take it a step further with slander and ridicule.

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One(God) who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

Thanks for the passage -- Matt. 10:28. I'd rather let the Scripture speak of the destruction of both body and soul "in hell."

Of course, I fear and respect "the One True Living God." [I'm glad for your expressing the truth that there is only one true God. It's beyond my comprehension for anyone or any religion or dogma to suggest that there are three Gods (or numbered Person Gods).]

I would also quote one of several passages regarding the living God and Christ:[/color]
[color=#FF0000" size="4" face="times]"And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." (John 6:69)[/color]

Bill
Bill

November 8th, 2013, 4:21 am #16

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times](1) Bill, thank you for allowing me to respond to YOUR RECYCLED assertions. Yes, they were numbered assumptions because you failed to provide a single scripture for each assumption.

(2) No rebuttal from you? I know. We know. It is difficult to rebut the Scripture with man's best conceptualization.

(3) Dave's assertion about "hell"? A scripturally competent Christian should have nothing to worry about it. If one is worried, that may be a good trigger for him to search the scriptures daily (Acts 17:10-13 and those in Berea).

(4) My assertions are Scripture-based. And you say -- that "mindset is quite appalling." I think I like that comment. [/color]
Don't be obtuse, Donnie. Most people believe that their interpretations of Scripture are correct, even when they really are not. But Donnie, being overly confident of his own interpretations, believes that people are bound for hell if their interpretations differ from his or Ken's. Donnie and Ken believe they have a monopoly on Scriptural interpretations. THAT kind of mindset is appalling.

November 8th, 2013, 5:44 am #17

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"Bound for hell...."? You did not/would not hear me say that.[/color]

Humility
Humility

November 8th, 2013, 5:54 am #18

"Head Shepherd", you should not blow your cover with this description. Keep yourself anonymous. We all now know who you are.

Two questions I have:

1. Is it scriptural to have a "head" shepherd?

2. When do you intend to take "Madison Church of Christ" off the site, and call it the "Madison Church"?

Humility
Humility

November 8th, 2013, 6:14 am #19

On November 6, 10:56 a.m., Dave wrote: "Your response (and many more such as this last one), Donnie, is the reason why I have decided to forgo any further discussion and/or responses here at Concerned Members."

On November 7, 9:31 a.m., Dave wrote again, revoking his decision not to post.

In the earlier note, referring to Donnie, Dave said "There is your interpretation and then there is hell for anyone else that offers interpretations that differ from yours." That is, Dave says that Donnie is condemning to hell those that violate the scriptural teaching, but this I think Donnie says he is not doing.

In the later note, Dave speaking of Donnie in regard to MATTHEW 10:28, Dave said "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One (God) who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Do you not fear and respect the One True Living God?"

Is Dave condemning Donnie to torment, even as he said Donnie was condemning others to torment?

So, is the unforgivable sin the sin of condemning others. Can we condemn those who condemn others?

Bill
Bill

November 8th, 2013, 7:10 am #20

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]"Bound for hell...."? You did not/would not hear me say that.[/color]
Donnie, you very well know that you don't have to say, "S/he is bound for hell" or "S/he is going to hell" to consign people to hell. Let's put it this way: You believe that people who interpret the Scriptures differently from you will not fare well at the Final Judgment. Cutting to the chase, you believe that such people will be damned. Is that not true? You and Ken have collectively denounced people with different interpretations as "blasphemers" and "antichrists"; hence, you have as much as consigned them to hell. You have assumed a role that God reserves only for Himself.

On the other hand, Donnie, should you choose to back-pedal and say, "I don't believe different Scriptural interpretations will automatically land people in hell," then something you said prompted Dave to write the following about you: ""There is your interpretation and then there is hell for anyone else that offers interpretations that differ from yours."

I submit that Dave got that idea from reading your and Ken's collective denunciations of people with different interpretations as "blasphemers" and "antichrists."