Bill
Bill

October 29th, 2016, 4:14 pm #11

A lot of that cut-and-paste job will come from Donnie's Catholic DRV Bible and especially from Ken's collective works of mythology. It'll be such a hodgepodge of nonsense and fantasy that no one will even recognize any "Christian" message therein.

October 29th, 2016, 4:35 pm #12

One of the translators of the KJV, William Tyndale (an Oxford scholar), had this written of him....

"Tyndale began preaching and teaching the gospel message, which made the Roman Catholics angry with him, branding him a heretic. One day, while proving a "learned" Roman Catholic scholar wrong, the papist cried out, "It were better for us to be without God's laws, than without the Pope's!" To which Tyndale prophetically replied,

"I defy the Pope, and all his laws; and if God spare my life, ere many years, I will cause a boy that driveth the plough to know more of the Scripture than you do!""

Also, written of Tyndale...
"Tyndale was well suited to his task. Spalatin, a friend of Martin Luther, wrote this in his diary of what professor Herman Buschius told him about Tyndale and his New Testament:
"The work was translated by an Englishman staying there with two others,--a man so skilled in the seven languages, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Italian, Spanish, English, and French, that which-ever he spake, you would suppose it his native tongue" (Translators Revived, pp. 27-28)"

...but Ken and Donnie believe they know better
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]No.

There is no KDV in existence or translation in progress. But thanks for opining, Dave.

I've been quoting passages from the KJV -- it is still my favorite version. I have the online KJV from which I do my "copy-and-paste" as Rancor has clearly illustrated above. [However, I "copy" ... not "cut" ] [/color]

October 29th, 2016, 4:50 pm #13

A lot of that cut-and-paste job will come from Donnie's Catholic DRV Bible and especially from Ken's collective works of mythology. It'll be such a hodgepodge of nonsense and fantasy that no one will even recognize any "Christian" message therein.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Can you not be a truthful observer for once (saying to you gently)? "A lot ... from ... DRV Bible" -- that's being dishonest on your part, Bill.

I quote from the online KJV. However, a Bible student should be able to compare among translations.[/color]

Rancor
Rancor

October 29th, 2016, 5:31 pm #14

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]No.

There is no KDV in existence or translation in progress. But thanks for opining, Dave.

I've been quoting passages from the KJV -- it is still my favorite version. I have the online KJV from which I do my "copy-and-paste" as Rancor has clearly illustrated above. [However, I "copy" ... not "cut" ] [/color]
Donnie,

"Shun" is the word for what you do to the King James Bible.

October 29th, 2016, 6:43 pm #15

I confess to being unkind: I never cease when I know that quoting too much Scripture and recorded history puts him into one of these tailspins.

He will never be a Disciple OF Christ until he receives his little kit of scissors and paste.

His mentors think that their HIRE is to cut the Bible into zigsaw puzzles

Rancor
Rancor

October 29th, 2016, 7:24 pm #16

Ken, why don't you drop anchor for a while?

October 29th, 2016, 8:11 pm #17

Donnie,

"Shun" is the word for what you do to the King James Bible.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Rancor, I beg to differ.

"Shun" is not the word. "Study" is the word. This type of study involves comparing translations or versions of the Bible; investigating and researching evidences and proofs from original manuscripts; bias and prejudice in translations; etc.

Researching the content of original manuscripts that date back to the early centuries (AD) is very significant in comparing HUMAN translations of recent 15th and 16th centuries (AD) and forward.

There is no attack on the KJV. If there were, it would be an attack on ALL versions that translated, e.g., Matt. 28:18-20. They all translate the passage similarly. I do not understand why you and others are singling out the KJV. "In the name of the Lord" is everywhere in the New Testament in all translations. When only one verse against countless verses differs from them, I believe that the content of original manuscripts come into the picture.

Maybe everyone should attempt to research and study on his own, rather than being negative about the research done so far. Then he wouldn't be as lacking in knowledge of the Scripture.[/color]

Rancor
Rancor

October 29th, 2016, 8:41 pm #18

Donnie, I see why it took you so long to answer my post. You don't have an answer for what you said. What ever, I will be watching football. Later.

October 29th, 2016, 8:46 pm #19

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Rancor, you learn quite quickly from your friend Bill: "so long to answer." All I can say is that it is taking you so long to even read evidences presented to you, or study and learn (I should say). That's up to you. I study with an open mind. Hoping you do the same.[/color]

Rancor
Rancor

October 30th, 2016, 1:03 am #20

Donnie, this is not about Bill. I think you have a loose screw. Seek some help...soon!