Is Jesus Just ANOTHER god?

Is Jesus Just ANOTHER god?

Dave
Dave

July 30th, 2017, 9:48 pm #1

If you accept the fact that Jesus is the Son of the Living God, and you want to make Jesus separate from God, then is Jesus just another god??? There is the One Living God, so is Jesus just a god? Is Jesus inferior to His Father?

Matthew 28
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

So when we say that Jesus was given ALL power, does that stipulate that He is less than God???

He is either One with God, and therefore; GOD, or He is just another god, as Donnie Cruz has claimed.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on August 22nd, 2017, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 30th, 2017, 10:25 pm #2

1Cor. 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Cor. 15:21 For since by MAN came death, by MAN came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Cor. 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Cor. 15:23 But every MAN in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.
1Cor. 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Cor. 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Cor. 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Cor. 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Cor. 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

When my wife leaves town she gives me FULL AUTHORITY but when she returns I give up my throne to my lovely wife and cat. Jesus is HEAD of His NEW CREATION purposed driven to sort out those reserved UNTO fire from those reserved FROM fire. However, He does not have authority over false teachers EXCEPT to make certain that they can NEVER SELL His Word. If you listen to songs and sermons He gives them full blather power.

1Tim. 2:5 For there is ONE GOD, and one mediator between God and men, THE MAN Christ Jesus;

Dave
Dave

July 30th, 2017, 10:42 pm #3

So after Ken tells his tale trying to compare His human authority to that of Jesus, we see that he agrees with Donnie Cruz that Jesus is just a (god). Any other takes on this?

So Ken, also believes that our mediator, Jesus Christ, does NOT have ALL authority of God and in God. Colossians 1 verse 16 also states that, just as God is Creator, then so is Jesus.

Colossians 1
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

July 30th, 2017, 11:05 pm #4

5 Who is the image of the INVISIBLE GOD, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by HIM were all things created,

The antecedent of HIM is the INVISIBLE GOD. Christ is the IMAGE of the Invisible God. Jesus is the firstborn (from the dead).

Col. 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,
Col. 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace,
from God our Father
AND the Lord Jesus Christ.
Col. 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father
of
our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

The First Creation was DESTROYED BY WATER because it was such a Pig Sty: why would anyone think that Jesus of Nazareth created that which was DESTROYED BY WATER?

2Pet. 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pet. 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

2Pet. 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

The first creation by the ELOHIM was cleaned up by the Lord [YHWY] God [Elohim]. That creation had to do with wind, fire, water and Air. The second creation consisted of SPIRITUAL things so that the Kingdom of God does not come with religious observations but with discipleship to Jesus Christ and His Word.

Mark 13:18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
Mark 13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on July 31st, 2017, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Dave

July 30th, 2017, 11:23 pm #5

Colossians 1
16 For BY HIM all things were created

HIM being Jesus, yes Ken, and???

So....with you quoting Mark 13 are you now doubting that Jesus was the Christ? I know you deny the Scriptures when you say that Jesus isn't God, but now you don't even believe that Jesus was the Son of God?

Oh, and the FIRST creation was never destroyed, as you claim. It was flooded, not destroyed.

July 30th, 2017, 11:40 pm #6

5 Who is the image of the INVISIBLE GOD, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by HIM were all things created,

The antecedent of HIM is the INVISIBLE GOD. Christ is the IMAGE of the Invisible God. Jesus is the firstborn (from the dead).

Col. 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,
Col. 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace,
from God our Father
AND the Lord Jesus Christ.
Col. 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father
of
our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

The First Creation was DESTROYED BY WATER because it was such a Pig Sty: why would anyone think that Jesus of Nazareth created that which was DESTROYED BY WATER?

2Pet. 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pet. 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

2Pet. 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

The first creation by the ELOHIM was cleaned up by the Lord [YHWY] God [Elohim]. That creation had to do with wind, fire, water and Air. The second creation consisted of SPIRITUAL things so that the Kingdom of God does not come with religious observations but with discipleship to Jesus Christ and His Word.

Mark 13:18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
Mark 13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
Mark 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]There are those who have extreme difficulty in understanding:

(1) That God is the sender and is not the Messiah;
(2) That the Messiah was sent as prophesied;
(3) That God did not send Himself to earth;
(4) That it was not God as the one crucified -- rather, it was Jesus His Son;
(5) That it was not God who suffered and died -- Jesus suffered and died;
(6) That it was not God who resurrected -- God raised Jesus from the dead;
(7) That it is not God who is at the right hand of God; the man Jesus is;
(8) That God is not the Son of God;
(9) That the Son of God is not God;
(*) ... just to mention a few.[/color]

Dave
Dave

July 30th, 2017, 11:45 pm #7

Donnie, you just can't stick to the Scripture at hand, can you?

Dave
Dave

July 30th, 2017, 11:52 pm #8

Colossians 1
16 For BY HIM all things were created

HIM being Jesus, yes Ken, and???

So....with you quoting Mark 13 are you now doubting that Jesus was the Christ? I know you deny the Scriptures when you say that Jesus isn't God, but now you don't even believe that Jesus was the Son of God?

Oh, and the FIRST creation was never destroyed, as you claim. It was flooded, not destroyed.
Genesis 9 states that the earth will never be DESTROYED by water again.

Definition of DESTROY
a : to put out of existence

The earth was still in existence after the flood.

Destroy in Genesis 9 was taken out of context here.

Is this what you mean by out of context Donne?

July 31st, 2017, 12:01 am #9

If you accept the fact that Jesus is the Son of the Living God, and you want to make Jesus separate from God, then is Jesus just another god??? There is the One Living God, so is Jesus just a god? Is Jesus inferior to His Father?

Matthew 28
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

So when we say that Jesus was given ALL power, does that stipulate that He is less than God???

He is either One with God, and therefore; GOD, or He is just another god, as Donnie Cruz has claimed.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]No, Dave.

(1) Jesus is not God [no scripture says that].
(2) Jesus is not co-God.
(3) Jesus is not another God.
(4) "All power is given unto me" does not make Jesus God.
(5) Let's leave (not alter) the truth when Jesus said: "for my Father is greater than I."
(6) Who made Jesus both Lord and Christ? God!!! (Acts 2:36)
(7) Jesus Christ is the IMAGE OF God (II Cor. 4:4)
(8) Jesus Christ is the IMAGE OF the invisible God (Col. 1:15)[/color]

Dave
Dave

July 31st, 2017, 12:12 am #10

Your number three, Donnie, proves beyond a doubt one thing....you are not into wanting to know the Truth.

Your (3) states "Jesus is not another God."

I didn't say that Jesus is not another GOD. You did.

I said that Jesus is not another (g)od. And metaphorically speaking, you are right. Jesus is not another God.

JESUS IS GOD, not ANOTHER GOD, and all Scripture attests to this.

You are also right that Jesus never claims that He is God.
He doesn't have to. He is to humble to make that claim.