Bill
Bill

August 3rd, 2017, 10:06 pm #61

All the "God of our Lord Jesus/the man Jesus/Jesus is the Son of God" verses that you keep piling on won't bury, cover up, or hide those other verses that teach that Jesus IS God.

People with an agenda commonly think they can use one group of verses to discount or nullify another group of verses they don't like. If those people aren't using that stunt, they're playing the "numbers game" stunt with the verses. Both stunts are sorry attempts to pit the Bible against itself, which shows a lack of faith in the written Word.

We know that Jesus is the Son of God, that He took the form of a physical man while on the earth, and that as a man, He was subject to God. But we also know that Jesus IS God. Remember: All things are possible with God.

August 4th, 2017, 12:04 am #62

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]There are no other verses that teach that Jesus is God.

The bishops of Rome, the impending Roman Catholic Church and its papacy, did that for you in the 4th century.

About 50 verses declaring that Jesus is the Son of God and about 90 verses declaring that Jesus is the Son of man are more than enough to tell you about the Messiah sent by God to earth.

Bill, there is no stunt to use many, many, many verses to nullify a group of a few isolated verses that do not even prove the papal creed to be truth.

Let Jesus Christ be "the Son of God." God did not send the Messiah to make him co-God.

Isn't it enough that God (the Giver) gave Jesus (the receiver) ALL power and authority. What about trying your best to NOT CONFUSE God with the Son of God?[/color]

Bill
Bill

August 4th, 2017, 1:13 am #63

People's biases and hang-ups hinder their acceptance of biblical truth.

For example, some believe that there are no verses teaching that baptism is essential for salvation. A Baptist preacher once told me that NO verse in the Bible commanded baptism for salvation. According to him, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38, and 1 Peter 3:21 did not require baptism for salvation. Of course, we know that they DO. Regarding Acts 2:38, the notes in one study Bible actually imply that Paul doesn't mean baptism is necessary for remission of sins, because accepting Jesus remits sins. And Mark 16:16 is among certain allegedly "spurious" verses that should be ignored.

Likewise, others believe that there are no verses teaching that Jesus is God. According to them, we can't take Isaiah 9:6, Matt. 1:23, John 1:1/14, John 10:30, and John 14:9 at face value. In other words, those verses really don't mean what they say. The OT describes the then-forthcoming Messiah [Jesus] as being the mighty God and everlasting Father, for example; the skeptics say NO. The NT describes Jesus as "God with us," that the same Word Who was God became flesh [Jesus], that Jesus and the Father are One, that he who has seen Jesus has seen the Father. ALL of those verses taken literally teach that Jesus IS God. Yet the skeptics say NO to them all.

If you believe those Bible verses teaching that Jesus is the Son of God AND the Son of Man, then you will believe those other verses teaching that Jesus is also God. Don't allow your biases to blind you to biblical truth.

Dave
Dave

August 4th, 2017, 1:52 am #64

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

I have quoted hundreds of passages that debunk man-made creeds and misconceptions. Unfortunately, there are those who simply ignore them or just speed-read them with little or no attempt to validate their long-held beliefs vs. the scriptures.

The Scripture is my defense!!! Not the popes (and the papal succession) and the RCC tradition. Not Rick Warren. Not Max Lucado. Not denominational manuals.

I have quoted you passages indicating "this man" (Christ Jesus) "sitting on the right hand of God." But you want to change that to "God" ... "sitting on the right hand of God."

The countless references to Jesus Christ being "the Son of God" or "the Son of man" as truth simply cannot be changed otherwise.

Equating "the Son of God" with "God the Son" DOES NOT COMPUTE mathematically, logically and scripturally.

Your conclusion "that Jesus CAN ONLY BE GOD" is contrary to the truth that Jesus is THE IMAGE of God (II Corinthians 4:4), THE IMAGE of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15). [/color]
Both passages in Acts 7 and Hebrews 10 only strengthens the Truth that the position of Jesus in heaven is not that of a man. Those passages state that his earthly form was that of a human, and had nothing to do with His present Spiritual Hierarchy. Jesus has no beginning as He was the Word in the beginning with God, making Jesus creator with God (Colossians 1: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:). I have already proven that the original text, Ev means BY and IN, so you deliberately made a false statement about the original text. He was born conceived of the Holy Ghost, and now he is with God, and therefore God. He was resurrected because He is sinless, the Savior (no man can claim this). Earthly form does not make Jesus a man

Revelation 22
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Jesus makes the claim that He will come again. He also makes the claim that only He and God can do. Jesus is the beginning and the end, and so is God. How can that be?

Jesus is God!

Donnie, you have made so many deliberate false statements, but the biggest one is that Jesus never claimed that He was God. READ CAREFULLY AGAIN Revelation 22 12-13

Donnie, you can't change the Truth. EVER!!! AMEN AND HALLELUJAH!!!

Jesus, sitting at the right hand of God RIGHT NOW is a man???
YOU, Donnie are a hoot. I wish I could say that you were funny.

Dave
Dave

August 4th, 2017, 1:58 am #65

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

When the man Christ Jesus sat down on the right hand of God, was God on earth then? [/color]
Donnie said "Dave, When the man Christ Jesus sat down on the right hand of God, was God on earth then?"

That borders on lunacy. It is someone who is grasping for anything, even if anything sounds illogical and stupid.

August 4th, 2017, 3:20 am #66

People's biases and hang-ups hinder their acceptance of biblical truth.

For example, some believe that there are no verses teaching that baptism is essential for salvation. A Baptist preacher once told me that NO verse in the Bible commanded baptism for salvation. According to him, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38, and 1 Peter 3:21 did not require baptism for salvation. Of course, we know that they DO. Regarding Acts 2:38, the notes in one study Bible actually imply that Paul doesn't mean baptism is necessary for remission of sins, because accepting Jesus remits sins. And Mark 16:16 is among certain allegedly "spurious" verses that should be ignored.

Likewise, others believe that there are no verses teaching that Jesus is God. According to them, we can't take Isaiah 9:6, Matt. 1:23, John 1:1/14, John 10:30, and John 14:9 at face value. In other words, those verses really don't mean what they say. The OT describes the then-forthcoming Messiah [Jesus] as being the mighty God and everlasting Father, for example; the skeptics say NO. The NT describes Jesus as "God with us," that the same Word Who was God became flesh [Jesus], that Jesus and the Father are One, that he who has seen Jesus has seen the Father. ALL of those verses taken literally teach that Jesus IS God. Yet the skeptics say NO to them all.

If you believe those Bible verses teaching that Jesus is the Son of God AND the Son of Man, then you will believe those other verses teaching that Jesus is also God. Don't allow your biases to blind you to biblical truth.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill, those verses say nothing about Jesus being God. You don't realize how brainwashed and deceived you are with man-made, papal doctrine. Those verses are not in conflict with the rest of the Scripture. There is no contradiction in God's truth.

It's very simple, Bill. When the truth says that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and

(1) that he has a God (II Corinthians 11:31; Ephesians 1:3; I Peter 1:3);
(2) that he has a Father (numerous passages); and
(3) that he has a head (I Corinthians 11:3)...

... you must accept that truth.

Truth and man-made creeds and perceptions don't mix. [/color]

August 4th, 2017, 3:53 am #67

Donnie said "Dave, When the man Christ Jesus sat down on the right hand of God, was God on earth then?"

That borders on lunacy. It is someone who is grasping for anything, even if anything sounds illogical and stupid.
David's Post (Aug 3, 2017 9:58 PM):

==========================
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave, relax.

Why did I ask you that question? Here's why: I was responding to your claim:
[/color]
David's claim: "Both verses that you quoted are speaking of Jesus while he was on earth, in fleshly form, NOT after He ascended and assumed His position in Heaven."
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Do you get it now?[/color]

Dave
Dave

August 4th, 2017, 3:57 am #68

Do I get it, Donnie?

I always have. What's your excuse?

August 4th, 2017, 4:46 am #69

Both passages in Acts 7 and Hebrews 10 only strengthens the Truth that the position of Jesus in heaven is not that of a man. Those passages state that his earthly form was that of a human, and had nothing to do with His present Spiritual Hierarchy. Jesus has no beginning as He was the Word in the beginning with God, making Jesus creator with God (Colossians 1: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:). I have already proven that the original text, Ev means BY and IN, so you deliberately made a false statement about the original text. He was born conceived of the Holy Ghost, and now he is with God, and therefore God. He was resurrected because He is sinless, the Savior (no man can claim this). Earthly form does not make Jesus a man

Revelation 22
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Jesus makes the claim that He will come again. He also makes the claim that only He and God can do. Jesus is the beginning and the end, and so is God. How can that be?

Jesus is God!

Donnie, you have made so many deliberate false statements, but the biggest one is that Jesus never claimed that He was God. READ CAREFULLY AGAIN Revelation 22 12-13

Donnie, you can't change the Truth. EVER!!! AMEN AND HALLELUJAH!!!

Jesus, sitting at the right hand of God RIGHT NOW is a man???
YOU, Donnie are a hoot. I wish I could say that you were funny.

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]When the man Christ Jesus ascended to heaven to sit on the right hand of God, he did not sit on his own right hand. Ken Sublett illustrates it best: "When I sit down on my right hand it isn't pretty!"

When the man Christ Jesus ascended to heaven, his gender did not change -- still a man, not a woman, even if incorruptible and not of human flesh. His position has not changed -- still the Son of God.

The Word was in the beginning with God. True, indeed. But that doesn't mean that God was with God in the beginning. Remember the several times that "GOD SAID:" in the first chapters of Genesis? God SPOKE. Yes, the Word of God (the LOGOS OF GOD) that was in the beginning with God (Genesis 1; John 1) became flesh (John 1:14).

You sound out-of-sync when you keep saying "that only He and God can do." Without the recognition that the conjunction "and" is significant. God and co-God?

The passages in Revelation have references to both God and Christ -- but both are not God and co-God. [/color]

Dave
Dave

August 5th, 2017, 6:39 pm #70

Donnie said "When the man Christ Jesus ascended to heaven, his gender did not change -- still a man, not a woman, even if incorruptible and not of human flesh. His position has not changed -- still the Son of God."

Immaturity is rampant....evidenced here....again.

NEVER was the gender of Christ questioned. That is Donnie, trying to steer the attention away from his earlier absurd statements. Never was it questioned that of gender (God and Jesus are HE). Donnie has said that Jesus is a man in heaven now. Man, being that He isn't of divinity, of God. Donnie believes that Jesus is the Son of God, and therefore being as such, Jesus can ONLY BE GOD. So, the interchangeable (God sitting on the right hand side of God) immature thoughts that Donnie has is just the way Donnie goes when He is beyond the arm of facts.

More of Donnie's absurd irrational? He says that God was not with God in the beginning. Tf you believe what God says in John 1, which is that The Word was in the beginning, and then the Word became Jesus in John 1 verse 14. It also states in John 1 and Colossians that everything was made by and through Jesus, thus making him Creator, thus making Jesus God.....NOT A CO-GOD.

The passages in Revelation STATE BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that JESUS is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. Only One other can make that declaration....GOD.
THUS...JESUS is GOD. There is no two Gods and no co-Gods.

Beyond proof that Donnie is floundering and grasping at straws??? When anyone trying to defend the Word state that there are only a "few verses' which support your statement, you know they have run the course with their discourse. Donnie, it only takes one verse, and no it will never be out of context.