Is Jesus Just ANOTHER god?

Dave
Dave

August 1st, 2017, 12:11 am #31

You hallucinated JUST!

1Tim. 2:5 For there is ONE GOD, and one mediator BETWEEN God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus;

Try as you wish, you will never comprehend that.
So then, Ken, if Jesus isn't JUST a man, what is He? Half man, and half God? God is ONE, remember? What is He? The Scripture there says He is Mediator, which means ??? Man, god, God, both, what???

I know it is beyond my pay grade as you say, but being the teacher that you are, bring it down to human level.

August 1st, 2017, 4:46 am #32

August 1st, 2017, 5:05 am #33

So Donnie, Ken's claim is that Jesus was just a man. You agree?
To Ken, for your claim that Jesus was a man, check this out.

Romans 3
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Ken, who is ALL there? All men? That seems to put a hole in your theory that Jesus was just a man.

ALL MEN have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Did Jesus, just a man as you say, sin? No!

Am I living up to my pay grade now?

So now, if Jesus isn't just a man, then what is He? Can Jesus be half God, and half man? Remember, there is only One God. That would equal to one and a half God. Taint possible.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Dave,

Jesus Christ is referred to as "the Son of God" 47 times in the New Testament. There's not a single reference to Christ as "the Son of God in the Old Testament. That makes sense in that the Messiah was prophesied in the O.T., and he was born only two millennia ago.

Jesus Christ is referred to as "the Son of man" 89 times in the New Testament.

Yes, Dave, I agree with Ken and the Scripture when it says: THE MAN Christ Jesus is the mediator between God and men (I Timothy 2:5)[/color]

Dave
Dave

August 1st, 2017, 11:18 am #34

Take the JUST out Donnie, whatever floats your boat. So still you are saying that Jesus is/was a man? Being the Son of God, as you say and I agree, Jesus is/was a man? A mortal man? That is all that a man can be, right?

Bill
Bill

August 1st, 2017, 1:23 pm #35

Jesus Christ is referred to as "the Son of God" 47 times in the New Testament. There's not a single reference to Christ as "the Son of God in the Old Testament. That makes sense in that the Messiah was prophesied in the O.T., and he was born only two millennia ago.

Yes, Dave, I agree with Ken and the Scripture when it says: THE MAN Christ Jesus is the mediator between God and men (I Timothy 2:5)[/color]
Let's review:

"Faith" verses outnumber "baptism" verses in the NT, but the latter minority teach that baptism is essential for salvation.

"Jesus the Son of God" verses outnumber "I and my Father are one/He who has seen Me has seen the Father" verses in the NT, yet the latter minority teach that Jesus is God.

Let's not fall prey to the erroneous notion that "more verses" cancel "fewer verses," for biblical Truth has equal weight, whether it's in a million verses or in just one. Therefore, just as salvation requires faith AND baptism, so Jesus is the Son of God AND Jesus is God at the same time.

Dave
Dave

August 1st, 2017, 8:44 pm #36

John 1 14 states that Jesus (the Word) became flesh some 2000 years ago. Is Jesus flesh today? The Word became Jesus, the Son of God in the flesh. If He was God in the beginning (John 1 verse 1) and then became flesh, was resurrected, and is now with God, what is Jesus now? A spiritual being? Another lower god? Still a man? You say He is not God, then who is Jesus right now?

August 2nd, 2017, 7:37 am #37

August 2nd, 2017, 7:45 am #38

Let's review:

"Faith" verses outnumber "baptism" verses in the NT, but the latter minority teach that baptism is essential for salvation.

"Jesus the Son of God" verses outnumber "I and my Father are one/He who has seen Me has seen the Father" verses in the NT, yet the latter minority teach that Jesus is God.

Let's not fall prey to the erroneous notion that "more verses" cancel "fewer verses," for biblical Truth has equal weight, whether it's in a million verses or in just one. Therefore, just as salvation requires faith AND baptism, so Jesus is the Son of God AND Jesus is God at the same time.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Those "few" verses do not validate the man-made creed; therefore, there's no such thing as "outnumbering." (Trinity-influenced translations are unfortunate.)[/color]

Donnie
Donnie

August 2nd, 2017, 3:52 pm #39

Wow, how about that now Donnie. Jesus, the Savior of the world, the ONLY begotten Son of God, the King of Kings, is a man. A man, who now sits at the right hand of God who rules over His Kingdom. If he isn't "JUST" a man, Donnie, that what is He just else?

So, those "few" verses, as you call them, should be thrown out? If it is ONE verse, it should be enough for YOU or ANYONE else to believe that Jesus is Divine and more than a man. You can claim that it is Trinity-influenced, man-infuenced, whatever you desire to tag it with, until our Lord comes again; call it whatever you want, but I call it the Truth.

Philippians 2
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Donnie, you will call attention ONLY to verse 11 where every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is LORD, to WHOM??? To the glory of God the Father.

Your narrow-minded conclusion can't fathom that Jesus, who gives all glory to our (His) Father, can be ONE with God. Jesus came from God in the beginning, and will be FOREVER. All Scriptures attest to this. EVEN, yes EVEN if it is one verse, that is plenty enough for ANYONE to believe the Truth.

Donnie, is Jesus, now at the right hand of God, a man still???

Bill
Bill

August 2nd, 2017, 4:56 pm #40

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Those "few" verses do not validate the man-made creed; therefore, there's no such thing as "outnumbering." (Trinity-influenced translations are unfortunate.)[/color]
Those "few" verses convey just as much important information as the "many" verses do. The "many" verses teach that Jesus is the Son of God. The "few" verses also teach that God and Jesus are one and the same. If you accept the "many" verses but discount the "few" verses, because the latter conflict with your personal beliefs, then you are most definitely playing the "numbers game."