Is Jesus Just ANOTHER god?

July 31st, 2017, 12:13 am #11

Donnie, you just can't stick to the Scripture at hand, can you?
[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]I was responding to Ken's post.

Sorry about that, Dave. This happens due to a timing issue between a late/delayed approval (publishing) of a post and an automatic/immediate publication of a moderator's post. I would recommend publishing a pending post first. Ken?[/color]

Dave
Dave

July 31st, 2017, 12:26 am #12

Your number three, Donnie, proves beyond a doubt one thing....you are not into wanting to know the Truth.

Your (3) states "Jesus is not another God."

I didn't say that Jesus is not another GOD. You did.

I said that Jesus is not another (g)od. And metaphorically speaking, you are right. Jesus is not another God.

JESUS IS GOD, not ANOTHER GOD, and all Scripture attests to this.

You are also right that Jesus never claims that He is God.
He doesn't have to. He is to humble to make that claim.
Donnie, you say that Jesus is not God. You say that Jesus is just a man (one of your last posts stated this). You believe that Jesus is the Son, and that God is the Father of Jesus. You believe that Jesus sits at the right hand of God.

Then either Jesus is God, or by your claim, He is a lower (g)od.

If Jesus is Deity, the very Son of God, then what is He? He can't be both God and a god. Which is He?

July 31st, 2017, 12:40 am #13

Your number three, Donnie, proves beyond a doubt one thing....you are not into wanting to know the Truth.

Your (3) states "Jesus is not another God."

I didn't say that Jesus is not another GOD. You did.

I said that Jesus is not another (g)od. And metaphorically speaking, you are right. Jesus is not another God.

JESUS IS GOD, not ANOTHER GOD, and all Scripture attests to this.

You are also right that Jesus never claims that He is God.
He doesn't have to. He is to humble to make that claim.
[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]That Jesus is another God -- that certainly is not coming from me. That sounds more like part of the Trinity theory/concept/creed: (1) that the Father is God; (2) that the Son of God is God; (3) that the Spirit of God is God -- "three-Gods-in-One"

As far as learning the truth or the desire to learn the truth is concerned, let's not limit ourselves to "acquired" learning or knowledge. By "acquired" it means "inherited" or learned-from-others knowledge.

The pagan-based Trinity dogma was invented by the bishops of Rome (apostatized from the N.T. church) and officially approved near the end of the 4th century. This man-made creed was acquired by most of the Protestant Churches, as well as by certain members of the church of Christ.

There's no confusion in what the Scripture speaks about Jesus, the Son of the living God. God made Jesus both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36). God gave Jesus ALL power in heaven and earth. That did not make the mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ, God. A son (John Doe, Jr.), given ALL the inheritance by his father (John Doe, Sr.), does not become his father, does he, Dave?[/color]

July 31st, 2017, 1:11 am #14

Donnie, you say that Jesus is not God. You say that Jesus is just a man (one of your last posts stated this). You believe that Jesus is the Son, and that God is the Father of Jesus. You believe that Jesus sits at the right hand of God.

Then either Jesus is God, or by your claim, He is a lower (g)od.

If Jesus is Deity, the very Son of God, then what is He? He can't be both God and a god. Which is He?

July 31st, 2017, 1:22 am #15

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]That Jesus is another God -- that certainly is not coming from me. That sounds more like part of the Trinity theory/concept/creed: (1) that the Father is God; (2) that the Son of God is God; (3) that the Spirit of God is God -- "three-Gods-in-One"

As far as learning the truth or the desire to learn the truth is concerned, let's not limit ourselves to "acquired" learning or knowledge. By "acquired" it means "inherited" or learned-from-others knowledge.

The pagan-based Trinity dogma was invented by the bishops of Rome (apostatized from the N.T. church) and officially approved near the end of the 4th century. This man-made creed was acquired by most of the Protestant Churches, as well as by certain members of the church of Christ.

There's no confusion in what the Scripture speaks about Jesus, the Son of the living God. God made Jesus both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36). God gave Jesus ALL power in heaven and earth. That did not make the mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ, God. A son (John Doe, Jr.), given ALL the inheritance by his father (John Doe, Sr.), does not become his father, does he, Dave?[/color]
Sounds good to me:

I am the son of my father
Therefore, I am my father
My father is dead
Therefore I am dead

Or:
My children are the daughters of their father
Therefore my daughters are their father
I am their father
Therefore, I am not dead

Gal. 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Therefore, we are all Abraham

Gal. 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
All believers are children of God
Therefore, we are all God.

There is no level of learning to convince those NOT OF FAITH that being the SON OF GOD doesn't make Jesus a junior God.

Titus 1:4 To Titus, mine own SON after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father AND the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Therefore, Titus was really Paul. However, AND or KAI makes it impossible for the Lord Jesus to be God.

Last edited by Ken.Sublett on July 31st, 2017, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

July 31st, 2017, 1:35 am #16

I have no problem believing that Jesus is the Son of God AND that Jesus is also God at the same time. Those who claim that it is genetically impossible for a father to be the son and vice versa apply human attributes to God/Jesus, which limits His omnipotence. Those people fail to realize that physical, human genetics do not apply in the spiritual realm; nothing physical applies in the spiritual realm. Therefore, Jesus can be and IS God because, as we all know, all things are possible with God.

July 31st, 2017, 3:42 am #17

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]God would not abuse His power to alter events as in making what is "genetically impossible" POSSIBLE in order to accommodate anyone's passion for a long-held untruth/notion/tenet.

"All things are possible with God" does not make it possible for God to be made of the seed of David. The following and other passages clearly indicate that Jesus Christ is of the seed of David. Bill, are you serious about God -- the Father and God of Jesus Christ -- being "POSSIBLY" [your idea] "of the seed of David"?

John 7:42 -- Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

Romans 1:3 -- Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

II Tim. 2:8 -- Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
[/color]

Dave
Dave

July 31st, 2017, 4:31 am #18

So, Donnie, if Jesus is the Son of the ONE and ONLY God, and God is the Father of Jesus, then is Jesus a lower god to God?

If Jesus isn't God, then what is He? He can either be God, a god, or maybe just a mere man, as you suggest?

Which is Jesus?

In a post months ago, you believed that John 1 verse 1 taken in it's original text said that the Word was a (g)od. So do you still believe that Jesus is a (g)od, inferior to God?

July 31st, 2017, 4:50 am #19

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]God would not abuse His power to alter events as in making what is "genetically impossible" POSSIBLE in order to accommodate anyone's passion for a long-held untruth/notion/tenet.

"All things are possible with God" does not make it possible for God to be made of the seed of David. The following and other passages clearly indicate that Jesus Christ is of the seed of David. Bill, are you serious about God -- the Father and God of Jesus Christ -- being "POSSIBLY" [your idea] "of the seed of David"?

John 7:42 -- Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

Romans 1:3 -- Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

II Tim. 2:8 -- Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
[/color]
Who said that you "makest thyself God? The Jews.

Who said that they BLASPHEMED? Jesus.

Why COULDN'T they believe Jesus Who said that He was the Son of God?

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.
John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jesus was sent and sent EVANGELIST to sound the Good News and the Lost Spirits would respond.

How do we separate those NOT of THIS world from those OF This World for whom Jesus does not pray?

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his WORD were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

OR ADDED TO THE CHURCH BY CHRIST.

The WORD is the Logos or The Regulative Principle: it cannot be dispensed by rhetoric, singing, playing instruments or acting: it cannot be THE SIGN by personal opinions or personal experiences. You can build towers all day but by definition you will not reach the Lost Spirits because they will be "Outside of the city, suffering reproaches with Jesus, and accepting the invitation only heard by those God sent Jesus for to "Rest and come learn of ME."

You cannot believe anything about God unless the Son has revealed the Father to you: otherwise that is called hallucinating.

Did anyone hear the Word PREACHED by being READ today? I thought not.

July 31st, 2017, 5:00 am #20

So, Donnie, if Jesus is the Son of the ONE and ONLY God, and God is the Father of Jesus, then is Jesus a lower god to God?

If Jesus isn't God, then what is He? He can either be God, a god, or maybe just a mere man, as you suggest?

Which is Jesus?

In a post months ago, you believed that John 1 verse 1 taken in it's original text said that the Word was a (g)od. So do you still believe that Jesus is a (g)od, inferior to God?
I told you that Jesus called trinitarians blasphemers and John called them Antichrists. That means that if I repeat it a google times you will never be able to grasp it or confess it.

1Tim. 2:5 For there is ONE GOD, and one mediator BETWEEN God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus;

Jesus said that He was a MAN and the SON OF MAN: God said that He is not a MAN nor the SON of Man.

Jesus said that God was a SPIRIT without flesh and bones: He said that He was NOT a Spirit because He was made of FLESH AND BONES.

The NAME of the Mediator-Intercessor is "Jesus Christ the Righteous." Spirit is never a person nor the name of a person except in Latin Spiritus when personified was APOLLON. He is the leader of the Locusts or Muses performing on the stage at an ex-church of Christ near you.