Visitor (Rancor)
Visitor (Rancor)

November 28th, 2016, 12:47 pm #11

You can have a great discussion without all the personal information. JMHO.

Visitor (Rancor)
Visitor (Rancor)

November 28th, 2016, 9:21 pm #12

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Stan,

I've been reading your posts with interest. While you may not be participating in doctrinal discussions in detail, I sense your passion for the church of Christ, including your plea for supporting a local church. I would like to ask you a few questions (hopefully, these are not "personal" questions). Partly because there may be some of our readers who may be interested in meeting you and in supporting your local church:

---- 1. What is the name, as well as location, of your church?
---- 2. What leadership role is yours in the local church -- preacher?
---- 3. Do you use instrumental music during worship?
---- 4. Do you have a Praise Team or choir?
---- 5. Do you sing contemporary praise songs? Traditional hymns? Both?
---- 6. What is the difference between salvation by grace and baptism.

My name is Donnie Cruz -- you already know that. What's your last name?

You quoted: Galatians 4:16 -- "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" If you're directing that question to me, my answer is: "No; why should you even think that?" [/color]
A pack of (old) wolves waiting on Stan.

Stan
Stan

November 28th, 2016, 10:45 pm #13

I've been reading your posts with interest. While you may not be participating in doctrinal discussions in detail, I sense your passion for the church of Christ, including your plea for supporting a local church. I would like to ask you a few questions (hopefully, these are not "personal" questions). Partly because there may be some of our readers who may be interested in meeting you and in supporting your local church:

---- 1. What is the name, as well as location, of your church?
---- 2. What leadership role is yours in the local church -- preacher?
---- 3. Do you use instrumental music during worship?
---- 4. Do you have a Praise Team or choir?
---- 5. Do you sing contemporary praise songs? Traditional hymns? Both?
---- 6. What is the difference between salvation by grace and baptism.

My name is Donnie Cruz -- you already know that. What's your last name?

You quoted: Galatians 4:16 -- "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" If you're directing that question to me, my answer is: "No; why should you even think that?" [/color]
Question 1 and 2 are personal but you likely already know who I am. I just don't want everyone to know.
3. No.
4. No.
5. Both, but more traditional overall.
6. No difference. Baptism is the biblically authorized faith response and obedience to accept Jesus Christ and His saving blood and grace.

The Scriptural Question at the end is more of a postscript I have started typing at the end of my messages and is not directly addressing you.

Galatians 4:16
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

November 29th, 2016, 12:23 am #14

Looks like the moderators of this website (Donnie and Ken) will not be going to worship with a congregation tomorrow - sad. You are so judgmental of the masses that you cannot find one place to attend and worship in spirit and truth singing praises, taking communion, and giving of your means to support the Lord’s work. Please tell me I am mistaken. I wish I were. The apostle Paul would blister you for this vile and divisive website that promotes disunity and slander in the body of Christ while you do nothing to actually support a Church of Christ with your presence and involvement. Jesus took the nails for you too, but you must repent and accept His truth and mercy and start faithfully spreading mercy to other believers instead of the religious vomit here at concerned members. Of what church are you members?

Gal 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

alēth-euō , Id.Metaph.1062a25:—Pass., “ho logos -euetai” is in accordance with truth, Top. 132b4,

Rocnar
Rocnar

November 29th, 2016, 12:57 am #15

Ken, you have had a big day sitting on Donnie's egg all day. Bedtime.

Visitor (Rancor)
Visitor (Rancor)

November 29th, 2016, 1:48 am #16

Ken, I'm in there with you. I called myself "Rocnar" in my last post. I wonder how Rocnar's "quest" is going?

Goodnite.

November 29th, 2016, 2:40 am #17

Question 1 and 2 are personal but you likely already know who I am. I just don't want everyone to know.
3. No.
4. No.
5. Both, but more traditional overall.
6. No difference. Baptism is the biblically authorized faith response and obedience to accept Jesus Christ and His saving blood and grace.

The Scriptural Question at the end is more of a postscript I have started typing at the end of my messages and is not directly addressing you.

Q1 & Q2: No, I do not know you. I do recall (from some quickly written note last year) that someone posted a message with the same IP address as yours but with a different one-word name, which may have been a last name. I can understand your hesitancy....

Q3, Q4, Q5: Glad to hear that....

Q6: I asked because there are now church websites whose "What We Believe" page has 2 separate sections:

(a) Salvation by Grace Through Faith -- which often references Ephesians 2:8,9 and associates it with "remission of sins"

---------------------- and -----------------------

(b) Water Baptism -- as simply to fulfill the command of Christ.

Please feel free to comment further on Q6.

You have clarified your use of the passage as a postscript.

Stan, thanks so much for taking time to respond to the questions.[/color]

Stan
Stan

November 29th, 2016, 3:46 am #18

No problem Donnie. My wife Lindsey and I use the same computer and she told me about your site and also told me she made a comment before. She does not like your website and I don't think she reads it anymore but now I've been reading (and commenting) almost every day. By what you were communicating I figured you were able to tell my identity. Regarding Question #6, I was not aware of this distinction some churches are making and on this matter I think your point of view on the Scriptures is accurate. I disagree with any new understanding and teaching on baptism.

November 29th, 2016, 5:51 am #19

Ken, I'm in there with you. I called myself "Rocnar" in my last post. I wonder how Rocnar's "quest" is going?

Goodnite.
Stan, 1 Corinthians 16:1-2 is used as the ROOT and POWER POINT of all religious evil.

It would be nice if you would agree about that passage.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on November 29th, 2016, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Dave

November 29th, 2016, 7:10 pm #20

A pack of (old) wolves waiting on Stan.

Not sure of your identity Stan, but please be careful here. You either agree with everything that they teach, or they will edit and delete your message so you can't communicate your opinion. They don't mind telling who pays the bills here at concernedmembers and therefore they get in the first and last word on everything. They make light of the Scriptures that don't fit their opinion or traditions.