Is Donnie and Ken just a Jehovah's Witness in Disguise?

Bill
Bill

January 16th, 2017, 11:05 pm #41

[color=#0000FF" size="4" face="times]Bill,

I was only illustrating the Pope's [with his followers] concept of the Roman Catholic Church Trinity dogma. Admit it: The picture clarifies "your fact that 'Jesus is God'" more than "a thousand words" can.

Here are some of the many differences between man's dogma and the Scripture:

Dogma: God came to earth to become flesh (Pope).
Scripture: God sent His only begotten Son to earth (John 3:16).

Dogma: Jesus is God (Pope).
Scripture: Jesus is THE SON OF GOD [numerous passages].

Dogma: The Father is God; the Son of God is God; the Holy Spirit is God (Pope).
Scripture: There is only one true God the Father (John 6:27; I Cor. 8:6; Gal. 1:1,3; Eph. 6:23; Phil 2:11; I Thess. 1:1; II Tim. 1:2; Titus 1:4; I Peter 1:2; II Peter 1:17; II John 1:3; Jude 1:1; etc.).[/color]
Donnie, we just interpret the Scriptures differently regarding the Trinity and Jesus being God. I see no reason for that to bother you as much as it seems to, given that it keeps you up all hours of the night and compels you to post pictures of Jesus with words of mockery such as, "Are You There God? It's You, Jesus." Such tactics only paint you as an obsessed, megalomaniacal religious fanatic to all readers here.

Like it or not, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Scripture
Scripture

January 16th, 2017, 11:51 pm #42

Consider: Is God the Father human?

What does it mean that God created man and woman in his own image?

Did "man" lose that image in the fall in Eden?

January 17th, 2017, 12:01 am #43

Donnie, we just interpret the Scriptures differently regarding the Trinity and Jesus being God. I see no reason for that to bother you as much as it seems to, given that it keeps you up all hours of the night and compels you to post pictures of Jesus with words of mockery such as, "Are You There God? It's You, Jesus." Such tactics only paint you as an obsessed, megalomaniacal religious fanatic to all readers here.

Like it or not, we will just have to agree to disagree.

As I said, your diagnosis is wrong. My schedule of activities is not yours.

Actually, I've lost track of the number of times you made exactly the same comments. You're sounding like praying the "Hail Mary, Mother of God" repetitively.

When the Scripture tells me that Jesus the Crucified is THE one whom God made both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36), that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16), and that Jesus is THE SON OF GOD (the N.T. is replete with references), there is nothing else I can change about that [unlike the Pope and his followers].

When the Scripture tells me that Jesus is THE SON OF GOD, I am not interpreting it -- rather I am reading it (like a third grader) and have no problem understanding it whatsoever.

That (1) Jesus is God and (2) that Jesus is also the Son of God -- can't have it both ways, brother.

Maybe you should start questioning the inventor and the invention of the Trinity dogma, not the Scripture? [/color]

Scripture
Scripture

January 17th, 2017, 12:13 am #44

Philippians 2:5-10 give as good a solution as any passage.

Is Jesus divine? Is being divine the same as being "God"?

Is the simple difference in these discussants that one group believes in subordination in divine relationships while the others are unitarians?

But the differences are even greater on the nature of the holy Spirit.

January 17th, 2017, 1:32 am #45

Jesus was filled with the Godhead and even scholars in high places translate that into being God Himself or God THEMselves. However, theotes just means that Jesus was filled with the Divine Nature. To the extent that believers are in Christ they also take part in the Divine Nature but having the nature of God does not make us Gods. Some people attend divine services but the places are not God.

2Pet. 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine [godlike] nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

People see the "form of God" and translate "being God." If Jesus was literally God it would make no sense to say the Form OF God. God is Spirit without flesh and bones. However, Jesus denied that He was Spirit because they could see that He was made of flesh and bones. If God was contained in a body of flesh and bones able to die that would contradict Paul who said that WE live IN God:

Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Form as morph-ē , hē, 2. generally, form, fashion, appearance, morphēs eikōn 3. kind, sort

Forma speaks of an image, plan, design. Image or eikon from g3313. meros, mer´-os; from an obsolete but more primary form of mei÷romai meiromai (to get as a section or allotment); a division or share (literally or figuratively, in a wide application):

g 1504Eikon likeness, image, whether picture or statue, metaph., living image, representation, “ similitude, comparison, Ar g 1503through the idea of faintness as a copy); to resemble: — be like.

2 Cor 4:4] in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn on them

Scripture
Scripture

January 17th, 2017, 1:57 am #46

Paul does say that we as are adopted as sons of God through Jesus Christ. Gal 4:4-6.

God sends the Spirit of Christ His Son into our hearts by which we call Him "Daddy", referring to child-like faith.

Beautiful passages!

Bill
Bill

January 17th, 2017, 2:46 am #47

As I said, your diagnosis is wrong. My schedule of activities is not yours.

Actually, I've lost track of the number of times you made exactly the same comments. You're sounding like praying the "Hail Mary, Mother of God" repetitively.

When the Scripture tells me that Jesus the Crucified is THE one whom God made both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:36), that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16), and that Jesus is THE SON OF GOD (the N.T. is replete with references), there is nothing else I can change about that [unlike the Pope and his followers].

When the Scripture tells me that Jesus is THE SON OF GOD, I am not interpreting it -- rather I am reading it (like a third grader) and have no problem understanding it whatsoever.

That (1) Jesus is God and (2) that Jesus is also the Son of God -- can't have it both ways, brother.

Maybe you should start questioning the inventor and the invention of the Trinity dogma, not the Scripture? [/color]
Donnie, you as my CM test subject are certainly not obligated to accept my "diagnosis," which is quite accurate nonetheless, just like I'm not obligated to accept your often-controversial theology. And I've lost track of the number of times you've brought up the "Hail Mary" business. You resort to that when you've run out of something original to say.

We can still remain as friends, however, even if we do agree to disagree.

January 17th, 2017, 2:48 am #48

Paul does say that we as are adopted as sons of God through Jesus Christ. Gal 4:4-6.

God sends the Spirit of Christ His Son into our hearts by which we call Him "Daddy", referring to child-like faith.

Beautiful passages!
God gave Jesus powers which we cannot imagine. However, he took on the form of a lowly servant. That is a message about the nature of God which is beyond the grasp of those who seek to be rich and famous and have others serve them. It is a shocking testimony about those OF the World as the crooked or viper race.

The Book of Enoch and similar early views seems to prove that they know their fate. All of the jumping and jiving and hustling appears to me to be those being consumed by their own and God's breath.

Job 4:7 Remember, I pray thee, who ever perished, being innocent? or where were the righteous cut off?
Job 4:8 Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.
Job 4:9 By the blast of God they perish, and by the breath [h7307 spirit] of his nostrils are they consumed.
Job 4:10 The roaring of the lion, and the voice of the fierce lion, and the teeth of the young lions, are broken.

Is. 33:11 Ye shall conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble: your breath, as fire, shall devour you.

2Th. 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th. 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th. 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th. 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th. 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th. 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Scripture
Scripture

January 17th, 2017, 3:03 am #49

Donnie, you as my CM test subject are certainly not obligated to accept my "diagnosis," which is quite accurate nonetheless, just like I'm not obligated to accept your often-controversial theology. And I've lost track of the number of times you've brought up the "Hail Mary" business. You resort to that when you've run out of something original to say.

We can still remain as friends, however, even if we do agree to disagree.
"Which is quite accurate nontheless" is either humor or egotism?

January 17th, 2017, 3:41 am #50

Dr. Bill calls Dr. Jesus a liar: that's his diagnosis ready to go to court.