Invitation to the Baptists who need to repent

March 17th, 2012, 2:04 am #1

Brian L. Hedrick Baptist Biblical Foundations for Instrumental Music In Worship

http://www.piney.com/Brian.L.Hedrick.Ba ... rship.html

Brian L Hedrick builds his foundation for instrumental music on four pillars. Each of these pillars seems--like those in churches of Christ--are pulled out of a topical Bible because there is never any evidence that he has read any of the clearstory.

His first pillar includes Charles Spurgeon who denounces the use of instruments in no uncertain terms and affirms that this is the view of all of the church fathers.

In time I will look at the other pillars.

Brian and the Baptists do not know that the Baptists split over the introductions on the same grounds that the Church of Christ continued to NOT DO what it had NEVER DONE. As late as the turn of the 20th century they were still dividing.
Last edited by Ken.Sublett on March 20th, 2012, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Racnor
Racnor

March 20th, 2012, 1:52 am #2

Romans 3:23 Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible

For all have sinned, and do need the glory of God.

B
B

March 20th, 2012, 2:54 am #3

Why not just use the KJV? Romans 3:23--"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Racnor
Racnor

March 20th, 2012, 3:15 am #4

It speaks to me. It just sounds more like something I would say.

March 20th, 2012, 3:42 am #5

Romans 3:23 Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible

For all have sinned, and do need the glory of God.
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Actually, the book of Romans centers on the gospel of Christ, God's power unto salvation. Would you believe that the subject of "sin" is dealt with in this book more so than many of the other books of the Bible? At the same time, however, God's grace is mentioned in this book, perhaps, more than anywhere else in the Bible.

I believe that while the book of Acts directs us to what steps to follow in order to be converted to Christ (including hearing, faith, repentance, baptism) -- man's part, the book of Romans informs us of His grace -- God's part.

So, I agree with you in quoting Romans 3:23 -- there is an invitation to all, sinners receiving redemption in Christ Jesus, the remission of sins that are past (verse 25).

But I think that you have not fully understood the message in the original post. The process of conversion to Christ is not exactly the theme of the article. BTW, how much do you know about Charles Spurgeon? Founders of a number of Protestant churches denounced instrumental music. The article indicates that Spurgeon, known as the "Prince of Preachers," denounced instrumental music.

Repentance is not always something that sinners (the unconverted: in this sense, those outside of Christ) do. Even the Lord repented, although for a good reason (Exo. 32:14; Gen. 6:6,7; Judges 2:18; etc.).

I would add to the message in the article that there is an invitation to the "change agents" in the brotherhood to REPENT for being anti-church of Christ by promoting the mechanical operation of musical instruments in the assembly -- disturbing peaceful congregations and causing division.[/color]

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 20th, 2012, 3:48 am #6

Why should they repent? They haven't done anything against God, only against your prejudices/preferences. I dare say you've played the "weaker brother" card more than once.

March 20th, 2012, 3:56 am #7

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]By your (and man's) standards, they haven't done anything against God and shouldn't repent.

But the Holy Scripture is the standard. And this is not about my "prejudices/preferences." [How do you know that my "preference" is not the same as yours -- as far as preferences go?] FYI, neither of our preferences counts; God rules, and His directives matter.[/color]

B
B

March 20th, 2012, 5:08 am #8

When the man-made denominations develop their own "spiritual" doctrine, they become quite comfortable with it and even believe that God must surely accept it: "If it feels right, it must be right with God." Oh how the denominations fool themselves.

Dave
Dave

March 20th, 2012, 2:38 pm #9

Brian L Hedrick builds his foundation for instrumental music on four pillars. Each of these pillars seems--like those in churches of Christ--are pulled out of a topical Bible because there is never any evidence that he has read any of the clearstory.

His first pillar includes Charles Spurgeon who denounces the use of instruments in no uncertain terms and affirms that this is the view of all of the church fathers.

Brian and the Baptists do not know that the Baptists split over the introductions on the same grounds that the Church of Christ continued to NOT DO what it had NEVER DONE. As late as the turn of the 20th century they were still dividing.
William "B" Crump.....weren't you once the organ-playing baptist yourself?

March 20th, 2012, 3:39 pm #10

After Max Lucado and his female change agent twisted all of the scriptures to seduce the elders into adding instruments, Max claimed that he had a vision which included taking the name of Christ off the public confession and adding instruments. A Baptist Publisher says that they told Max that he would have to reform. I don't know the facts.

However, Max hire himself a Baptist preacher for his church because he said he was more sympathetic to the Baptist view.

I'll bet all of those "investors" didn't know about the plan before they invested.

The Baptists pour more venom onto churches of Christ than any group but of course their scholars are saying they were wrong about baptism being BECAUSE they had been saved.

Lots of them identify the church of Christ as a CULT. I just invite the Baptists OR church of Christ church bandits to defend themselves. Because they are quite willing to bait and switch and sow massive among THEIR church, I might suggest as a starter.

Find one command,example or remote inference that any of God's people ever assembled for congregational singing with instrumental accompaniment.

If they are not willing to do that they might show how they can trump the Bible assigning the wind,string and percussion instruments to "Lucifer the singing and harp playing prostitute in the garden of Eden.