Invitation to the Baptists who need to repent

March 23rd, 2012, 5:13 am #31

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]There is equal opportunity here.

One way to prove your point is for you or anyone to post messages replete with scriptural references that are supported by researched historical evidences.

Then, let's compare, analyze and evaluate.

I've heard this: "This is the Bible my third grade son reads regularly." Or: "This version is written on a third to fourth grade reading level...." There goes the "training in hermeneutics."

I'd take this "deranged" engineer and teacher in the Bible school of Christ anytime ... rather than a doctor of "philosophy" [Ph-Duh!!!!] with "herme-neurosis."[/color]

B
B

March 23rd, 2012, 2:00 pm #32

There's nothing to learn from this website as long as you let nutcases like Ken Sublett post at will. The man is clearly deranged and has absolutely no training in hermeneutics. As long as he and others like him continue to spout their lunatic rantings, you will have no one to take you seriously.
If "Anonymous" feels that there is nothing worth reading here and that only "nutcases" post here, then he is free to leave. It's ironic that someone who evidently despises a website would continue to hang around and badmouth it, rather than go his way and get the most out of life. You kinda get the impression that such a person is addicted to acting the part of the malcontent. BTW, that description seems to fit Dave as well.

March 23rd, 2012, 4:14 pm #33

Annie Mouse claims to be a teacher: I am a learner and I learn from just about everyone.

One of the best ways to learn is to look at the writings of "scholars" and look at the WHOLE chapter and usually find that the whole message from Christ turns around and hits them in soft places.

I would appreciate it if Annie Mouse would post something he is teaching so we can learn.

B
B

March 23rd, 2012, 5:43 pm #34

It seems that Annie Mouse/Anonymous would rather spend his/her time badmouthing this site rather than trying to "teach" us anything. But then, perhaps s/he has nothing of value to "teach" us after all.

Dave
Dave

March 23rd, 2012, 9:10 pm #35

Brian L. Hedrick Baptist Biblical Foundations for Instrumental Music In Worship

http://www.piney.com/Brian.L.Hedrick.Ba ... rship.html

Brian L Hedrick builds his foundation for instrumental music on four pillars. Each of these pillars seems--like those in churches of Christ--are pulled out of a topical Bible because there is never any evidence that he has read any of the clearstory.

His first pillar includes Charles Spurgeon who denounces the use of instruments in no uncertain terms and affirms that this is the view of all of the church fathers.

In time I will look at the other pillars.

Brian and the Baptists do not know that the Baptists split over the introductions on the same grounds that the Church of Christ continued to NOT DO what it had NEVER DONE. As late as the turn of the 20th century they were still dividing.
The last seven posts prove my point....exactly.....this place is evil.

March 23rd, 2012, 11:34 pm #36

Proverbs 14:16 A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.
Proverbs 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.
Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.

B
B

March 24th, 2012, 12:04 am #37

The last seven posts prove my point....exactly.....this place is evil.
If this site is truly as "evil" as Dave claims, he really loves to wallow around in it like a hog. Therefore, Dave is "guilty" by his frequent association.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 24th, 2012, 1:06 am #38

It seems that Annie Mouse/Anonymous would rather spend his/her time badmouthing this site rather than trying to "teach" us anything. But then, perhaps s/he has nothing of value to "teach" us after all.
You can't teach a closed mind.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 24th, 2012, 1:15 am #39

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]There is equal opportunity here.

One way to prove your point is for you or anyone to post messages replete with scriptural references that are supported by researched historical evidences.

Then, let's compare, analyze and evaluate.

I've heard this: "This is the Bible my third grade son reads regularly." Or: "This version is written on a third to fourth grade reading level...." There goes the "training in hermeneutics."

I'd take this "deranged" engineer and teacher in the Bible school of Christ anytime ... rather than a doctor of "philosophy" [Ph-Duh!!!!] with "herme-neurosis."[/color]
When was the last time you independently verified any of Sublett's rantings? Or do you just take him at face value because you are impressed by the amount of copying and pasting he does?

B
B

March 24th, 2012, 2:00 am #40

Proverbs 14:16 A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.
Proverbs 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.
Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.
I think Ken is telling Dave that if Dave is so sure this site is "evil," then it's time for Dave to DEPART. Otherwise, according to Proverbs 14:16, Dave would have to be a FOOL if he continued to RAGE against this site.