March 21st, 2012, 5:23 pm #21

If God did not give one a hint about such performance in His called assemblies one wonders JUST WHAT SPIRIT put the notion into the heads of Occupational Theologians?

I am worried that no one wants to address the Biblical and universal historical view that THE DEVIL made them do it: Jesus identified a son of the Devil by saying "they speak on their own."

If there are a few so vile that they would lie about all of Scripture: lie to God and About God knowing that they were sowing massive discord but needing gay troubadours to make their preaching tolerable, and you tell them that they are lying and they keep on saying GOD COMMANDED INSTRUMENTAL PRAISE then cannot we believe John when he said

Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom [Heiros Gamos] and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries WERE all nations deceived.

Can we not grasp that they KNOW what they are doing

Job 20:2 Therefore do my thoughts cause me to answer, and for this I make haste.
Job 20:3 I have heard the check of my reproach, and the spirit of my understanding causeth me to answer.
Job 20:4 Knowest thou not this of old, since man was placed upon earth,
Job 20:5 That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?
Job 20:6 Though his excellency mount up to the heavens, and his head reach unto the clouds;
Job 20:7 Yet he shall perish for ever like his own dung: they which have seen him shall say, Where is he?
Job 20:8 He shall fly away as a dream, and shall not be found: yea, he shall be chased away as a vision of the night.

Give it another try: because if none of the merry band of men and wannabe girls can or will give an answer then they confess that they are not "angels of the night" but "angels of light."

B
B

March 21st, 2012, 8:51 pm #22

It's time to move on. Farewell to all.
That's not the first time Racnor has said "farewell." He'll be back.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 22nd, 2012, 3:08 am #23

If God did not give one a hint about such performance in His called assemblies one wonders JUST WHAT SPIRIT put the notion into the heads of Occupational Theologians?

I am worried that no one wants to address the Biblical and universal historical view that THE DEVIL made them do it: Jesus identified a son of the Devil by saying "they speak on their own."

If there are a few so vile that they would lie about all of Scripture: lie to God and About God knowing that they were sowing massive discord but needing gay troubadours to make their preaching tolerable, and you tell them that they are lying and they keep on saying GOD COMMANDED INSTRUMENTAL PRAISE then cannot we believe John when he said

Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom [Heiros Gamos] and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries WERE all nations deceived.

Can we not grasp that they KNOW what they are doing

Job 20:2 Therefore do my thoughts cause me to answer, and for this I make haste.
Job 20:3 I have heard the check of my reproach, and the spirit of my understanding causeth me to answer.
Job 20:4 Knowest thou not this of old, since man was placed upon earth,
Job 20:5 That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?
Job 20:6 Though his excellency mount up to the heavens, and his head reach unto the clouds;
Job 20:7 Yet he shall perish for ever like his own dung: they which have seen him shall say, Where is he?
Job 20:8 He shall fly away as a dream, and shall not be found: yea, he shall be chased away as a vision of the night.

Give it another try: because if none of the merry band of men and wannabe girls can or will give an answer then they confess that they are not "angels of the night" but "angels of light."

There you go proof-texting again. Lucky for you, stupid isn't a sin. If one of my students tried that reasoning with me, I would fail them in a minute.

March 22nd, 2012, 3:28 am #24

Jesus said that doctors of the law take away the key to knowledge.

That's their job: that's what they do.

Doctors or Scribes are called hypocrites by Jesus and Christ named speakers, singers and instrument players Ezek 33.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 22nd, 2012, 12:09 pm #25

That's not the first time Racnor has said "farewell." He'll be back.
Seems to be a common issue around here, huh B?

Dave
Dave

March 22nd, 2012, 2:14 pm #26

Brian L. Hedrick Baptist Biblical Foundations for Instrumental Music In Worship

http://www.piney.com/Brian.L.Hedrick.Ba ... rship.html

Brian L Hedrick builds his foundation for instrumental music on four pillars. Each of these pillars seems--like those in churches of Christ--are pulled out of a topical Bible because there is never any evidence that he has read any of the clearstory.

His first pillar includes Charles Spurgeon who denounces the use of instruments in no uncertain terms and affirms that this is the view of all of the church fathers.

In time I will look at the other pillars.

Brian and the Baptists do not know that the Baptists split over the introductions on the same grounds that the Church of Christ continued to NOT DO what it had NEVER DONE. As late as the turn of the 20th century they were still dividing.
Nice double standard William "B" Crump. You said the same thing.

No surprise there B --> William Crump.

Dave
Dave

March 22nd, 2012, 2:26 pm #27

Brian L. Hedrick Baptist Biblical Foundations for Instrumental Music In Worship

http://www.piney.com/Brian.L.Hedrick.Ba ... rship.html

Brian L Hedrick builds his foundation for instrumental music on four pillars. Each of these pillars seems--like those in churches of Christ--are pulled out of a topical Bible because there is never any evidence that he has read any of the clearstory.

His first pillar includes Charles Spurgeon who denounces the use of instruments in no uncertain terms and affirms that this is the view of all of the church fathers.

In time I will look at the other pillars.

Brian and the Baptists do not know that the Baptists split over the introductions on the same grounds that the Church of Christ continued to NOT DO what it had NEVER DONE. As late as the turn of the 20th century they were still dividing.
Donnie said "....But the readership has remained steadily and many times has increased."

Prove it. Also, even if it were true it goes to show that people will glance in to see the evil launched by your and yours, be horrified, and then leave. They certainly don't post, do they?

No lunch Donnie?

March 23rd, 2012, 2:13 am #28

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

But they read; they listen. There's much to learn from this website. I believe they're quick learners, unlike some of those [like ... hmmm] who've been long-time members, disgruntled and antagonistic, so eager to restructure the church and modify its teachings -- including [guess what?] the implementation of mechanical operation of musical instruments in the assembly.

These readers are civil and peaceful unlike the left-wing, liberal and progressive members of the church -- the change agents out there and their followers who post here. Thought that left-wingers existed only in the political arena. Not so!!!

This website is NOT anti-church of Christ. There's no reason whatsoever for loyal and faithful members of the church to be "horrified."

What's horrifying is the band of "leaders" -- the change agents in the brotherhood -- who are very determined to restructure the church that Christ established and to revise or improve upon the Bible-based beliefs and teachings of the church of Christ. They and their followers are ANTI-church of Christ.[/color]

B
B

March 23rd, 2012, 3:20 am #29

Dave can hardly imagine that many other people would "dare" to read a website that he abhors. Dave is of the mindset that if he despises something, then virtually everyone should despise it as well. That's rather arrogant, is it not?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 23rd, 2012, 3:56 am #30

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Dave,

But they read; they listen. There's much to learn from this website. I believe they're quick learners, unlike some of those [like ... hmmm] who've been long-time members, disgruntled and antagonistic, so eager to restructure the church and modify its teachings -- including [guess what?] the implementation of mechanical operation of musical instruments in the assembly.

These readers are civil and peaceful unlike the left-wing, liberal and progressive members of the church -- the change agents out there and their followers who post here. Thought that left-wingers existed only in the political arena. Not so!!!

This website is NOT anti-church of Christ. There's no reason whatsoever for loyal and faithful members of the church to be "horrified."

What's horrifying is the band of "leaders" -- the change agents in the brotherhood -- who are very determined to restructure the church that Christ established and to revise or improve upon the Bible-based beliefs and teachings of the church of Christ. They and their followers are ANTI-church of Christ.[/color]
There's nothing to learn from this website as long as you let nutcases like Ken Sublett post at will. The man is clearly deranged and has absolutely no training in hermeneutics. As long as he and others like him continue to spout their lunatic rantings, you will have no one to take you seriously.