How to Log in and Post and Avoid Anonymity

How to Log in and Post and Avoid Anonymity

June 11th, 2012, 5:49 pm #1

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]There's a post regarding "Madison's new (instrumental) 'vision'" pending approval. If approved now, it will show "Anonymous" as the author. (As you know, it is always awkward to be communicating with an "unknown" writer.)

Would you please resubmit your message with your "handle" or "pen name" or "stage name"? Or, you may respond below with the requested information, and we'll be glad to append your authorship to a very significant post.

Thanks!

ConcernedMembers[/color]

==============================

[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]"MCC-Torn" has responded since; and the thread "Madison's New (Instrumental 'Vision'" now reflects its authorship. Using "MCC-Torn" clearly indicates how the author truly feels about how far the Madison congregation has gone, ever so subtly and gradually, from "minor" changes to the ultimate -- a departure from the New Testament teachings of Christ and the apostles to being "carried about with divers and strange doctrines" (Heb. 13:9) and "Navigating the Winds of Change" (by change agent Lynn Anderson).[/color]
Last edited by Donnie.Cruz on July 4th, 2012, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 12th, 2012, 8:58 pm #2

Stage name is ok? Like that of "B?"

June 12th, 2012, 10:10 pm #3

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]Hello, Annie Mouse!!!

Your name is preferred -- the poster is bold and unashamed and not thin-skinned.

As you have found out, if the NAME is left blank, the forum editor automatically substitutes the word "Anonymous." But "Hello, Anonymous" is not a good way to address the poster, is it? It is so tempting to address "Anonymous" as "Annie Mouse."

But if privacy is being protected for a reason, another option would be the LOGIN UserID -- one that the same poster uses consistently when posting other messages. I would limit it to 15 characters -- the reason being that the exact 50-character "handle" would display in the "Author" column. And that would not be scrolling-friendly. I would not advise anyone this authorship: "Member of the St. Francis National Evangelical Spiritual Baptist Faith Church."

Examples of IDs [other than real names] of posters whom we can address and with whom we can communicate:

-- MCC Member
-- Former MCC Member
-- MCC Informer
-- MCC Reporter
-- John's Info
-- Shocker
-- MCC Change
-- Pro-MCC Change
-- Anti-MCC Change
-- MCC Historian
-- etc., etc., etc.

At some point, this thread will be removed once the post has been approved. Or, this thread may be renamed to reflect its purpose, i.e., to encourage authorship of approved messages.[/color]

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 13th, 2012, 2:29 am #4

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]There's a post regarding "Madison's new (instrumental) 'vision'" pending approval. If approved now, it will show "Anonymous" as the author. (As you know, it is always awkward to be communicating with an "unknown" writer.)

Would you please resubmit your message with your "handle" or "pen name" or "stage name"? Or, you may respond below with the requested information, and we'll be glad to append your authorship to a very significant post.

Thanks!

ConcernedMembers[/color]

[color=#FF0000" size="3" face="times]"MCC-Torn" has responded since; and the thread "Madison's New (Instrumental 'Vision'" now reflects its authorship. Using "MCC-Torn" clearly indicates how the author truly feels about how far the Madison congregation has gone, ever so subtly and gradually, from "minor" changes to the ultimate -- a departure from the New Testament teachings of Christ and the apostles to being "carried about with divers and strange doctrines" (Heb. 13:9) and "Navigating the Winds of Change" (by change agent Lynn Anderson).[/color]
annie mouse....I like that....got any more?

B
B

June 13th, 2012, 3:01 am #5

Try "A Ninny Moose."

June 13th, 2012, 3:05 am #6

annie mouse....I like that....got any more?
[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]I/we do too.

Problem is: We all have difficulty differentiating the Annie Mouses -- much worse than all the John Smiths and the John Does combined.[/color]

June 13th, 2012, 8:59 am #7

Thanks!

ConcernedMembers[/color]

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]The new thread "Madison's New (Instrumental) 'Vision'" that is pending approval is "work in progress." It is major, a significant development!!! So, please be patient.[/color]

June 13th, 2012, 9:38 am #8

[color=#0000FF" size="3" face="times]The author's message comes from the Nashville/Madison address or location.[/color]

Racnor
Racnor

June 13th, 2012, 8:28 pm #9

Thanks!

ConcernedMembers[/color]

Is it a Network54 issue or just me?

June 28th, 2012, 12:17 pm #10

Thanks!

ConcernedMembers[/color]

I apologize for just now replying to this request. I went ahead and made a login like Donnie suggested but probably won't use it much. It is MCC-Torn because I am a Madison member of many years who is torn. I love our history and solid foundation but am sad for the direction we are heading. I have read this site for years without posting anything. But when a huge change like the new Madison vision had been out for a month with no discussion here, I decided to mention it. I thought maybe we were too far gone now for anyone to still care.